PDA

View Full Version : Pletcher 13 entered today @SAR -- 2 MTOs but still ridiculous!!!

TheOracle
09-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Pletcher has these today actually 11 before scratches!!!

RowNum: Date: Race: PgmNum: Horse: RaceCond: Distance: Trainer: Odds: Surface
1 09-02-2017 1st race 1 Driven by Thunder (FL) Claiming Six And One Half Furlongs T A Pletcher 2/1# Dirt

2 09-02-2017 2nd race 10 Maraud (KY) Maiden Special Weight One And One Sixteenth Miles T A Pletcher 7/2# Turf
3 09-02-2017 2nd race 15 Outvoted (KY) (MTO) Maiden Special Weight One And One Sixteenth Miles T A Pletcher 5/2# Turf

4 09-02-2017 5th race 8 J. S. Choice (KY) Allowance One Mile T A Pletcher 7/2# Turf

5 09-02-2017 6th race 2 Biblical (KY) Maiden Special Weight Seven Furlongs T A Pletcher 9/2# Dirt
6 09-02-2017 6th race 5 Slot (KY) Maiden Special Weight Seven Furlongs T A Pletcher 7/2# Dirt

7 09-02-2017 8th race 11 Thirstforthecup (KY) (MTO) Allowance Optional Claiming One Mile T A Pletcher 5/2# Turf

8 09-02-2017 9th race 3 Master Plan (KY) Stakes One And One Eighth Miles T A Pletcher 10/1# Turf
9 09-02-2017 9th race 6 Caviar Czar (IRE) Stakes One And One Eighth Miles T A Pletcher 15/1# Turf

10 09-02-2017 10th race 4 Pure Silver (NY) Stakes Seven Furlongs T A Pletcher 1/1# Dirt

11 09-02-2017 11th race 1 Neolithic (KY) Stakes One And One Eighth Miles T A Pletcher 6/1# Dirt
12 09-02-2017 11th race 3 Rally Cry (KY) Stakes One And One Eighth Miles T A Pletcher 5/2# Dirt

13 09-02-2017 12th race 5 Grateful (KY) Stakes One And Three Eighth Miles T A Pletcher 15/1# Turf

Ridiculous!!!

TheOracle
09-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Pletcher's horses are now 2 for their last 5 when less than 3-1 in the Morning Line on the Dirt at Saratoga!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/t%20a%20pletchersardrtlthrone.jpg

Unless, he messes up very badly he has a chance to finish the season on the plus side in this situation!!!

It will be interesting to see if this carries over into the 2nd half of the season at Belmont!!!

Let's continue to watch his horses in this situation for the remainder of the Saratoga season and hopefully it will end with profits!!!

This is where Pletcher has done well at Saratoga so I guess to sift through all of the nonsense he has entered today we will need to concentrate on his entries less than 3-1 in the Morning Line on the Dirt today which are these:

1st race
#1 Driven by Thunder

10th race
#4 Pure Silver

11th race
#3 Rally Cry

I will focus on #1 Driven by Thunder today as #4 Pure Silver and #3 Rally Cry have already won their previous Stakes races and I am not sure if they will repeat today!!!

n.c
09-02-2017, 07:39 PM
going for the training title...that is the reason you are seeing extra horses.

TheOracle
09-02-2017, 07:53 PM
going for the training title...that is the reason you are seeing extra horses.

Hey N C

I guess that's what gets me they are going after a title based on what they earn and not how it benefits the public it's not based on return on investment

I will put together who the true Trainer champ is based on return on investment per $2 win place and show wager with maybe a minimum of 45 entries for the season at Saratoga

n.c
09-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Brown might had a 1 win lead, but Pletcher had two wins today vs Brown's'1.

2 days left

TheOracle
09-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Brown might had a 1 win lead, but Pletcher had two wins today vs Brown's'1.

2 days left

Hey N C

There were 3 wins total between the both of them and it took a total of 19 entries between them to get it done today

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/c c brownteamsar.jpg

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/t a pletcherteamsar.jpg

In terms of returns they were both horrible today!!!

It's a disgrace that these 2 are considered the top Trainers after a day like today!!!

TheOracle
09-02-2017, 09:48 PM
This is where Pletcher has done well at Saratoga so I guess to sift through all of the nonsense he has entered today we will need to concentrate on his entries less than 3-1 in the Morning Line on the Dirt today which are these:

1st race
#1 Driven by Thunder

10th race
#4 Pure Silver

11th race
#3 Rally Cry

I will focus on #1 Driven by Thunder today as #4 Pure Silver and #3 Rally Cry have already won their previous Stakes races and I am not sure if they will repeat today!!!

Of the 3 entries Pletcher had today that were less than 3-1 in the Morning Line on the Dirt only #1 Driven by Thunder was able to get the win today at Saratoga and paid $8.40 across the board!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/t a pletcherthrlssar.jpg

His horses have now won 3 of their last 8 in this situation which is unfortunate because this is mostly due to his putting out 11 horses today for whatever reason!!!

I guess he had his reason for bringing back #4 Pure Silver and #3 Rally Cry after they had already won their previous Stakes races!!!

Congratulations to those who focused on #1 Driven by Thunder today and were able to make a profit!!!

CincyHorseplayer
09-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Tough business to commit to betting sub 3-1's no matter isn't it?! I can't do it.

On another note I expect JS Choice to run huge next out. I was worried about him being close enough to make a run today and he actually got too close! Faded badly. I think the last race despite 5 weeks off took a lot out of him. Got him in the stable mail.

TheOracle
09-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Tough business to commit to betting sub 3-1's no matter isn't it?! I can't do it.

On another note I expect JS Choice to run huge next out. I was worried about him being close enough to make a run today and he actually got too close! Faded badly. I think the last race despite 5 weeks off took a lot out of him. Got him in the stable mail.

Hey Cincy

I hear you commiting to sub 3-1's is not sexy but if you did with Pletcher anyway you got a 39% return on your money for about a month

I just can do that handicapping I tip my hat to those who can

At any rate let's see if Pletcher can end the season on the plus side with the sub 3-1's

CincyHorseplayer
09-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Hey Cincy

I hear you commiting to sub 3-1's is not sexy but if you did with Pletcher anyway you got a 39% return on your money for about a month

I just can do that handicapping I tip my hat to those who can

At any rate let's see if Pletcher can end the season on the plus side with the sub 3-1's

Wow. That is pretty impressive.

TheOracle
09-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Of the 3 entries Pletcher had today that were less than 3-1 in the Morning Line on the Dirt only #1 Driven by Thunder was able to get the win today at Saratoga and paid $8.40 across the board!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/t a pletcherthrlssar.jpg

His horses have now won 3 of their last 8 in this situation which is unfortunate because this is mostly due to his putting out 11 horses today for whatever reason!!!

I guess he had his reason for bringing back #4 Pure Silver and #3 Rally Cry after they had already won their previous Stakes races!!!

Congratulations to those who focused on #1 Driven by Thunder today and were able to make a profit!!!

Pletcher has these today with Morning Lines less than 3-1 on the Dirt:

4th race
Jump for Joy

10th race
Nonna Mela

Let's see if he can get these to win today at the Spa!!!

His horses have been 3 of their last 8 in this situation lately!!!

Let's hope he can right the ship today and finish strong on the plus side to end the season!!!

TheOracle
09-04-2017, 08:09 AM

4th race
Jump for Joy

10th race
Nonna Mela

Let's see if he can get these to win today at the Spa!!!

His horses have been 3 of their last 8 in this situation lately!!!

Let's hope he can right the ship today and finish strong on the plus side to end the season!!!

Well Pletcher let us down yesterday as #6
Jump for Joy was off the board and #4
Nonna Mela finished 2nd.

Although the surface was sloppy we can't use that as an excuse, his horses are now 3 for their last 10 as Morning Lines less than 3-1 on the Dirt!!!

TheOracle
09-04-2017, 11:40 AM

1st race
#1 Marzo

9th race
#1 Mojovation

Let's see if he can get these to win on the last day at the Spa!!!

TheOracle
09-05-2017, 05:08 AM

1st race
#1 Marzo

9th race
#1 Mojovation

Let's see if he can get these to win on the last day at the Spa!!!

Pletcher horses finished off the board yesterday which finished the season at 3 for their last 12 in this situation!!!

I'm only left to wonder what would have happened if the surface was not wet at Saratoga for the past 2 days

His overall return in this situation was 14% per $2 win wager since opening day!!!

Part of the diminished returns could be blamed on the weather the other part could be blamed on his ego

He put 2 horses in Stakes races on September 2nd that probably shouldn't have been entered in those races

TheOracle
09-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Pletcher horses finished off the board yesterday which finished the season at 3 for their last 12 in this situation!!!

I'm only left to wonder what would have happened if the surface was not wet at Saratoga for the past 2 days

His overall return in this situation was 14% per $2 win wager since opening day!!!

Part of the diminished returns could be blamed on the weather the other part could be blamed on his ego

He put 2 horses in Stakes races on September 2nd that probably shouldn't have been entered in those races

Pletcher's horses had a great August when they were less than 3-1 in the Morning Line on the Dirt!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/t a pletcherdrtlsthrsar.jpg

Makes me wonder if better decision making in September would have produced higher win returns than 14% per $2 win wager, but we will never know, now on to Belmont!!!