PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Merry Go Round Trickery -- real money is not in wagering!!!

TheOracle
09-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks Vigors,

https://www.gaming.ny.gov/horseracing/index.php?ID=7

Rulings
-
Thomas Morley
-
Owner Renewal
-
Hereby suspended 30 days and fined $5000.00 for violation of 9 NYCRR 4038.4 Sale, transfer restricted. Mr. Morley having waived his right of
appeal 10 days are stayed for a period of 1 year from the date of the ruling.
Mr. Thomas Morley committed an improper act in relation to racing.
Mr. Thomas Morley claimed horse "Life In Shambles" out of the 9th race at Belmont Park on June 18, 2017 as Owner/Trainer from Peter a M. Proscia managing owner of the stable and
then sold and transferred horse Life In Shambles back to owner Peter Proscia on July 7, 2017 and transferred said horse back to the previous trainer Steven Asmussen on July, 12,
2017. In violation of rule NYCRR 4038.4
Toby Sheets
-
Authorized Agent
-
Fined $5000.00 for acting as an Authorized Agent for the
sale of horse "Life in Shambles" that was purchased by owner Peter M. Proscia on July 7, 2017 and for transferring said horse back to his employer trainer Steve Asmussen on July 12, 2017.
This in violation of 9NYCRR 4038.4 Sale, transfer restricted.

Steven Asmussen
-
Owner
-
Trainer
-
Fined $5000.00 for accepting horse
"Life In Shambles back under his care and control on July 12, 2017
at Belmont Park, this after having horse "Life In Shambles" claimed from him on June 18, 2017 in the 9th race at Belmont Park. This in
violation of 9NYCRR 4038.4

You set the horse up to get claimed only to get it back --- now what could possibly be wrong with that?

lamboguy
09-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Thanks Vigors,

You set the horse up to get claimed only to get it back --- now what could possibly be wrong with that?i think that could be classified as a "protective" claim. when the owner believes he is running his horse for a tag far below what he thinks the horse is worth, and makes sure he has some type of a chance of being in a shake to get his horse back.

i never knew this was illegal because i have seen it done many times before and never saw someone get a fine for doing it.
the main problem with the claiming game these days is that the purses are worth more than the horses in slot enhanced tracks. no question in my mind is that the big purses have hurt this game immensely, it makes for very lopsided races these days and higher percentage of favorites winning.

VigorsTheGrey
09-01-2017, 09:36 PM
"4038.4.Sale, transfer restricted.
If a horse is claimed it shall not be sold or transferred to anyone wholly or in part, except
in a claiming race, for a period of 30 days from the date of the claim.
A claimed horse shall not, unless reclaimed, remain in the same stable or under the control or
management of its former owner or trainer for a like period.
A claimed horse shall not race outside New York State for a period of 30 days from the date of the claim or the
end of the meeting at which it was claimed, whichever period of time is longer, except
that a horse may run in a sweepstakes elsewhere for which the horse was nominated
by its former owner or trainer, or if permission is granted by the stewards. "

Looks like if this happened a few days later there would have been no fine at all and a legit transaction....Appears there is a 30 day waiting period....Not a big deal it seems...but it cost horsemen some real money by not following the rules precisely, I guess...

TheOracle
10-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Thanks Vigors,

You set the horse up to get claimed only to get it back --- now what could possibly be wrong with that?

Looks like the Claiming trickery horse is back again

3rd race
#5 Life in Shambles

Since everyone involved got paid off with a slap on the wrist let's see if Asmussen can get the win today!!!

TheOracle
10-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks Vigors,

3rd race
#5 Life in Shambles

Since everyone involved got paid off with a slap on the wrist let's see if Asmussen can get the win today!!!

I see that the Claiming trickery horse #5 Life in Shambles won and paid $13.30 across the board!!!

I see Asmussen and company found a legit way to make money!!!

TheOracle
01-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Thanks Vigors,

Let’s see if he can hit the board today at a price!!!
#5 Life in Shambles is back again at Aqueduct today in the 3rd race

Tom
01-27-2018, 02:18 PM

3rd race
#5 Life in Shambles

Both trainers should be a long suspension. They knew the rules and broke them. Does racing have no integrity at all????
Cheaters do what they do I guess.

TheOracle
01-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Let’s see if he can hit the board today at a price!!!
#5 Life in Shambles is back again at Aqueduct today in the 3rd race

#5 Life in Shambles was off the board today as well he should be so glad to see Asmussen and the connections couldn't get as much purse money had he finished in the top 3!!!

TheOracle
07-07-2018, 01:45 PM
#5 Life in Shambles was off the board today as well he should be so glad to see Asmussen and the connections couldn't get as much purse money had he finished in the top 3!!!

2nd race
#2 Life in Shambles

Let's hope he and the connections lose again

TheOracle
07-08-2018, 10:30 AM

2nd race
#2 Life in Shambles

Let's hope he and the connections lose again

#2 Life in Shambles got the loss for the connections but they picked up a 3rd place part in the purse money unfortunately

clicknow
07-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Both trainers should be a long suspension. They knew the rules and broke them. Does racing have no integrity at all????
Cheaters do what they do I guess.

The sheer amount of "ways to cheat" these days has become arimethic in proportion.

I wasn't aware of "this way". Just add it to the list of ways to cheat I guess.

TheOracle
07-08-2018, 04:21 PM
The sheer amount of "ways to cheat" these days has become arimethic in proportion.

I wasn't aware of "this way". Just add it to the list of ways to cheat I guess.

Hey Click

Yeah and check out the soft $5000 fine they gave out what a joke!!!

onefast99
07-26-2018, 11:06 AM
Hey Click

Yeah and check out the soft $5000 fine they gave out what a joke!!!

There should have been a stupidity fine for not knowing you have to wait 30 days before you can transfer, sell or release ownership in a claimed horse. The issue here is how many times do you see a claimer go right back to the trainer that just lost the horse, lots!

TheOracle
08-19-2018, 05:14 PM
#2 Life in Shambles got the loss for the connections but they picked up a 3rd place part in the purse money unfortunately

The Claiming trickery horse is back again at Saratoga in the 8th race #2 Life in Shambles let’s hope the connections lose this time!!!

TheOracle
08-19-2018, 07:32 PM
The Claiming trickery horse is back again at Saratoga in the 8th race #2 Life in Shambles let’s hope the connections lose this time!!!

I’m so glad to see this horse lost today in the 8th race and was off the board so the connections didn’t get what they wanted!!!

TheOracle
09-29-2018, 12:11 PM
The Claiming trickery horse is back again this time at Belmont in the 2nd race #6 Life in Shambles seems like he has new connections

Let’s hope the new connections lose this time!!!

Tom
09-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Servis has him.
He was the ONLY horse on the whole card I liked today.
He was my iron clad lock of the day.

And he won.

And I got home from shopping 5 minutes too late to get my bet in.

Good thing I bought BEER while I was out.
Tomorrow, I gotta buy a new WATCH! :rant::rant::rant::rant: