PDA

View Full Version : nhl 2017-2018

Pages : [1] 2

ldiatone
08-31-2017, 08:36 PM
WOO HOO!:headbanger: 19 days to pre-season games!:p
Pens/Sabres to Play Preseason Opener on Sept. 19 at Penn State University
The game will be played at Pegula Ice Arena. Home preseason opener will be Sept. 20 at 7:00PM against Detroit at PPG Paints Arena

ldiatone
09-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Auston Matthews has pulled out of the NHL-NHLPA Player Tour media event here in NYC. Met with Leafs docs today and diagnosed with the flu

ldiatone
09-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 20m20 minutes ago
More

David Harvey‏
@davidharvey74
Follow
More
Replying to @TSNBobMcKenzie
Flames signing Jagr

Could be wrong, but I do not believe this to be the case:

ldiatone
09-26-2017, 04:22 PM
couple of day till opener!!:headbanger::headbanger::popcorn::)

via twitter

Mike Milbury will stand in for Eddie Olczyk as the color analyst for NBC on NHL broadcasts.

HoofedInTheChest
09-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Yamamoto is probably at least 3 years away from the NHL and he'll have a long ways to go before he's anywhere near Gaudreau when he arrived.
Are ya sure about that? :lol:

Apparently he has stolen Puljujarvi' roster spot on the top line, and i would be willing to wager that he is in the lineup on opening night.

I tried to tell you.....

HoofedInTheChest
10-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Hossa failed his second physical, will remain on LTIR.

Lupul failed his second physical, will remain on LTIR.

Liljegren will play for the Marlies this season. Awesome!

Borgman gets the call on opening night.

Good news all around, one more sleep until the puck gets dropped! :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
10-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ldiatone
10-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Let's go pens! 3 pete

cj
10-04-2017, 08:21 PM
This is the year...Go Caps!

Greyfox
10-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Are ya sure about that? :lol:

Apparently he has stolen Puljujarvi' roster spot on the top line, and i would be willing to wager that he is in the lineup on opening night.

I tried to tell you.....

Yamamoto has turned heads for sure.
But his first hurdle is to stick for 9 games.
Tonight he starts on the second line.

MutuelClerk
10-04-2017, 10:04 PM
It was like date night tonight. Is your sweater tucked in? Visor okay? Too many whistles. 7=2 LEAFS WIN!!!! Matthews only on 82 goal pace this season after the first game. Disappointing. Damn, we were dominated for fifteen minutes. Then took the game over. Impressive. The kids are learning to play better without the puck.

HoofedInTheChest
10-04-2017, 11:54 PM
It was like date night tonight. Is your sweater tucked in? Visor okay? Too many whistles. 7=2 LEAFS WIN!!!! Matthews only on 82 goal pace this season after the first game. Disappointing. Damn, we were dominated for fifteen minutes. Then took the game over. Impressive. The kids are learning to play better without the puck.
I have to admit, i have a bit of a hard-on for the 3M line, i want more!

Marleau – Matthews – Marner

We have 3 incredibly dangerous scoring lines this season, and we have depth up the ying-yang, this is going to be a really fun season.

HoofedInTheChest
10-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Yamamoto has turned heads for sure.
But his first hurdle is to stick for 9 games.
Tonight he starts on the second line.
In my opinion, Yamamoto should have gone in the top 10 in the entry draft, you stole him at 22.

I was curious as to how many of last summer’s first round draft picks cracked their respective NHL lineups, so i did some digging......

Only 6 of 31 were able survive training camp, and the jury is still out on whether they can remain past the 9 game threshold.

Players listed in blue cracked their respective NHL rosters...... for now.

1. New Jersey Devils: Nico Hischier, C
2. Philadelphia Flyers: Nolan Patrick, C
3. Dallas Stars: Miro Heiskanen, D
4. Colorado Avalanche: Cale Makar, D,
5. Vancouver Canucks: Elias Pettersson, C
6. Vegas Golden Knights: Cody Glass, C
7. New York Rangers: Lias Andersson, C
8. Buffalo Sabres: Casey Mittelstadt, C
9. Detroit Red Wings: Michael Rasmussen, C
10. Florida Panthers: Owen Tippett, RW
11. Los Angeles Kings: Gabriel Vilardi, C
12. Carolina Hurricanes: Martin Necas, C
13. Vegas Golden Knights: Nick Suzuki, C
14. Tampa Bay Lightning: Callan Foote, D
15. Vegas Golden Knights: Erik Brannstrom, D
16. Calgary Flames: Juuso Valimaki, D
17. Toronto Maple Leafs: Timothy Liljegren, D
18. Boston Bruins: Urho Vaakanainen, D
19. San Jose Sharks: Josh Norris, C
20. St. Louis Blues: Robert Thomas, C
21. New York Rangers: Filip Chytil, LW
22. Edmonton Oilers: Kailer Yamamoto, RW
23. Arizona Coyotes: Pierre-Olivier Joseph, D
24. Winnipeg Jets: Kristian Vesalainen, RW
25. Montreal Canadiens: Ryan Poehling, C
26. Dallas Stars: Jake Oettinger, G
27. Philadelphia Flyers: Morgan Frost, C
28. Ottawa Senators: Shane Bowers, C
29. Chicago Blackhawks: Henri Jokiharju, D
30. Nashville Predators: Eeli Tolvanen, RW
31. St. Louis Blues: Klim Kostin, LW/C

MutuelClerk
10-05-2017, 10:28 PM
You hardly heard Auston Matthews name last night. One goal. Two assists. If our special teams stay special. Might be a special season. The Leafs are still very young. But very talented. I was hoping this season to make the playoffs. Win a series. Go from there. Next year. No excuses.

HoofedInTheChest
10-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Was Stevie Wonder in goal for the Pens tonight?

ldiatone
10-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Yes really!

HoofedInTheChest
10-06-2017, 04:19 PM
Leafs trade Tobias Lindberg and a 6th round pick for Calvin Pickard (Vegas), shoring up their depth in net. Pickard will be the Leafs #3.

cj
10-06-2017, 06:08 PM

No, he'd have come up with a few more saves.

HoofedInTheChest
10-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Pittsburgh’ goaltending in a nutshell....

https://i.imgur.com/OAaRV.gif

cj
10-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Great 8 with 7 goals in two games.

HoofedInTheChest
10-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Great 8 with 7 goals in two games.
Impressive, and you beat the Habs in regulation. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/NBCSCapitals/status/916821078906949638

ldiatone
10-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Pittsburgh’ goaltending in a nutshell....

https://i.imgur.com/OAaRV.gif

shutout last night

HoofedInTheChest
10-09-2017, 01:11 PM
NEW YORK — Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals was named the NHL's first star on Monday for the week ending on Oct. 8, while Vegas goalie Marc-Andre Fleury and Philadelphia right-winger Wayne Simmonds were also honoured.

Ovechkin led the NHL in goals and points as the Capitals opened the season with two victories. On Oct. 5, Ovechkin had his 18th career hat trick in a 5-4 shootout victory over the Ottawa Senators.

Two nights later he matched a career high by scoring four times in a 6-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens.

He's the fourth player in NHL history and first since 1917-18 to record hat tricks in each of his team's first two games of the season.

Fleury earned second star honours when he went 2-0-0 with a 0.98 goals-against average and a .973 save percentage as the Golden Knights opened the season with two victories.

Simmonds was named third star with four goals — including two game-winners — as the Flyers began the season with two victories in three starts on the road.

If only Ovechkin could replicate his regular season production in the playoffs.

The Flower is going to have to stand on his head this season, i believe that Vegas will have a hard time producing offence from anyone not named Neal.

HoofedInTheChest
10-09-2017, 05:40 PM
This could get interesting tonight, Anton Forsberg gets the call in net for Chicago seeing that the Hawks have a back to back against the Habs tomorrow, Crow will get the start in his hometown.

In 10 career games in the NHL, Forsberg has posted 1 win and 8 losses, with a goals against average of 4.02, and a save percentage of .879. :eek:

Having said that, the f’er will probably get a shutout.

HoofedInTheChest
10-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Man, what a game!

Even strength shot attempts after that lousy first period tonight...

Leafs - 44
Blackhawks – 7

Matthews played the majority of his ice time against Keith, Seabrook and Kane.

Matthew had a 84% possession rating and his even strength shot attempts were 29-3.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/917567941700476929

MutuelClerk
10-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Matthews.

Beast.

3-0.

GO LEAFS GO.

HoofedInTheChest
10-10-2017, 01:06 PM
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have recalled forward Mario Kempe from the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League affiliate. The Coyotes have also announced the demotion of center Dylan Strome to the Tucson Roadrunners.

Tocchet is looking for Strome to get quicker into situations/think quicker. If he sees that growth, Strome will be back.

If there’s one thing Strome doesn’t have, or hasn’t shown this season, it’s speed. The problem he has is that with the Coyotes focusing on a top-six where speed kills, to be even slightly slower, or to be an average rather than great skater, will see you left behind at center, particularly in a role where you’re expected to drive play and always provide an option. And that hurts the team, and also your ability to contribute.

Dylan Strome’ face-off percentage – 31.58%

Mitch Marner’ face-off percentage – 76.92%

MutuelClerk
10-10-2017, 06:32 PM
If they keep calling these slashing penalties I'm guessing the NHL will have a ton of guys who score 40 or more.

As far as Dylan Strome goes. Saw him a ton with Erie. i'm sooooo glad the Coyotes selected him ahead of Marner. I wanted Strome. Thought we needed size after drafting Nylander the year before.

HoofedInTheChest
10-11-2017, 03:34 AM
I see the Yotes are continuing their tradition of playing like hot garbage, that was a brutal display tonight.

That was a great home opener for Vegas tonight, a very tasteful opening ceremony and the players really stepped it up and gave the city something to smile about in these trying times, well done.

I really like the system Gallant has them playing, whether they can keep up this level of play is up for debate, but they play an entertaining brand of hockey that the fans really seemed to embrace, they got rabid pretty quick. Leipsic has looked pretty good over the first 3 games, and it’s good to see him get an opportunity.

All in all it was a great night of hockey in Vegas. :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
10-11-2017, 11:36 PM
Ugh, I guess for the record 82-0 wasn't likely.

Hoofed, i like the Yotes. A lot. Maybe not so much this season although I expect they'll exceed what's expected of them. They have a bright future IMO.

HoofedInTheChest
10-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Hoofed, i like the Yotes. A lot. Maybe not so much this season although I expect they'll exceed what's expected of them. They have a bright future IMO.
What’s to like?

The way they handled Shane Doan retiring this summer was a disgrace, the organization is a complete joke and they have no class whatsoever.

They are bottom dwellers when it comes to attendance, as well as being a burden in regards to revenue sharing.

If it were up to me, Arizona, Carolina, Tampa and Florida would be on the top of my list for contraction.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coyotes-owner-apologizes-bungling-shane-doan-exit/

HoofedInTheChest
10-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Teams Ovechkin has more goals than.....

Alex Ovechkin – 9
Dallas – 8
Boston – 7
Edmonton – 7
San Jose – 7
Vancouver – 7
Carolina – 5
Montreal – 4

Greyfox
10-14-2017, 03:03 PM
If it were up to me, Arizona, Carolina, Tampa and Florida would be on the top of my list for contraction.

Tell that to Gary Bettman. He continually snubs Quebec City.

HoofedInTheChest
10-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Good article on Jim Paliafito.

“I represent a lot of Russian players, and here’s what I tell the GMs I deal with: If you want my player, you have to jump on a plane, you have to make your pitch in person. Because that’s what Lou Lamoriello does.”

https://twitter.com/npsport/status/920320889744494593

MutuelClerk
10-17-2017, 11:24 PM
A game that was supposed to be Home Run Derby ends up a pitchers duel. The ice seemed bumpy. Good to get a shutout against one of the better offensive teams in the league. What an odd game though. The Wings are in T.O. waiting for us. I like my wings FRIED.

HoofedInTheChest
10-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Patty Marleau will play his 1500th NHL game tonight, only 18 players have reached this milestone in the history of the league.

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/920676810366619648

HoofedInTheChest
10-18-2017, 02:49 PM
If there's a goal that everyone remembers
It was back in old seventy two
We all squeezed the stick and we all pulled the trigger
And all I remember is sitting beside you

You said you didn't give a f*ck about hockey
And I never saw someone say that before
You held my hand and we walked home the long way
You were loosening my grip on Bobby Orr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9wW9ENBPlQ&list=PL9DCF5DFC3D5AADE4&index=22

HoofedInTheChest
10-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Deep Fried!

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/920835861905920001

MutuelClerk
10-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Work will be fun tomorrow.

MutuelClerk
10-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Odd stat of the day.

Habs lead the NHL in shots on goal.

Last in goals scored.

HoofedInTheChest
10-20-2017, 06:57 AM
Odd stat of the day.

Habs lead the NHL in shots on goal.

Last in goals scored.
Which is why they have the worst Shooting Percentage in the NHL at 3.9 %. Any team below 10% have some serious problems.

It tells me that they are generating a lot of shots from the outside/peripheral, and not getting enough net front presence. The majority of goals scored in the NHL come from secondary chances, and there could be multiple reasons why they are not capitalizing on those opportunities.

Any player will tell you that if they can’t make a play, then they will shoot the puck at the net regardless if it’s a good opportunity or not, it inflates their CorsiFor%. Come contract time, they have that stat in their back pocket to negotiate with, even though it’s a useless stat without some context for this very reason.

HoofedInTheChest
10-20-2017, 11:40 AM
He has a point....

https://twitter.com/Bmarch63/status/921365297457782784

HoofedInTheChest
10-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Montreal had 51 shots against Anaheim last night, and only managed to score 2 goals, preserving that precious 3.9% shooting percentage.

https://twitter.com/NHLNews_PR/status/921595774680682502

ldiatone
10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Penguins Acquire Forward Riley Sheahan and a 2018 Fifth-Round Draft Pick
Pittsburgh sends Scott Wilson and a 2018 Third-Round Draft Pick to Detroit

HoofedInTheChest
10-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Dominic Moore has won the Toronto Maple Leafs' fourth-line centre role.

The Maple Leafs waived centre Eric Fehr on Monday, after he and Moore spent the first eight games of the season rotating as Leafs' bottom-line centre. Moore, 37, owns two goals through four games this season, while Fehr failed to post a point in four games.

Fehr was joined on waivers Monday by Penguins goaltender Antti Niemi, Jordan Schroeder of the Columbus Blue Jackets and Colin McDonald of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Niemi, 34, is 0-3 in three starts with the Penguins this season, posting a .797 save percentage and a 7.50 goals against average.

ldiatone
10-23-2017, 12:50 PM

The Maple Leafs waived centre Eric Fehr on Monday, after he and Moore spent the first eight games of the season rotating as Leafs' bottom-line centre. Moore, 37, owns two goals through four games this season, while Fehr failed to post a point in four games.

Fehr was joined on waivers Monday by Penguins goaltender Antti Niemi, Jordan Schroeder of the Columbus Blue Jackets and Colin McDonald of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Niemi, 34, is 0-3 in three starts with the Penguins this season, posting a .797 save percentage and a 7.50 goals against average.
via twitter
Coach on Niemi: "The plan is he's going to go on waivers and the organization will make decisions going forward."

HoofedInTheChest
10-23-2017, 02:13 PM
via twitter
Coach on Niemi: "The plan is he's going to go on waivers and the organization will make decisions going forward."

Which really means.... never to be heard from again.

I’m still shocked you have Greg McKegg as a centre. I guess that was part of the reason why the Pens went out and got Riley Sheahan, the pitfalls of playing under a cap.

ldiatone
10-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Which really means.... never to be heard from again.

I’m still shocked you have Greg McKegg as a centre. I guess that was part of the reason why the Pens went out and got Riley Sheahan, the pitfalls of playing under a cap.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled goaltender Casey DeSmith from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

ldiatone
10-23-2017, 06:46 PM
Zach Parise undergoes surgery this week and is out long-term

McCormick has been recalled by the Ottawa Senators, presumably to help fill in for Bobby Ryan who broke his finger again in Saturday night’s

The St. Louis Blues have recalled Beau Bennett, giving the team a 13th forward on the roster. The team sent Ivan Barbashev and Samuel Blais down

ldiatone
10-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Panthers claim goalie Antti Niemi on waivers from Penguins

HoofedInTheChest
10-24-2017, 01:14 PM
So let me get this straight, Montreal traded away their top blue chip prospect on defense, for a winger that can maybe/maybe-not play centre? Sounds reasonable enough.

Sergachev is off to a strong start this season, posting 3 goals and 5 assists and is a +3 over nine games with Tampa, while Drouin has 2 goals and 3 assists and is a -5 over 8 games this season with the Habs. Yet another deal where Marc Bergevin got his ass handed to him, how does this guy keep his job?

Sergachev will play in his 10th game of the season with Tampa tonight, essentially burning off a year of his ELC.

Digging a little deeper, Montreal has signed Carey Price (30) for the next 9 years at $10,500,000 per, and has Shea Weber (32) under contract for the next 9 seasons at $7,857,143 per. That’s right, they have two players over 30 locked up for the next 9 years at $18,357,143, essentially killing any chance of a rebuild.

The Habs do not have a first or second line centre.
The Habs do not have any goal scoring.
The Habs defense core is brutal.
The Habs goaltending is underperforming.
The Habs cannot draft.
Tabernac!

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 06:33 AM
NBC sports had a chance at the perfect match up last night. Oilers vs Pens. The Kid vs Sid. Yet they chose to televise the Sabres vs the Red Wings? WTF? HAHAHAHAHA. There has to be a reason for this doesn't there?

Frost king
10-25-2017, 08:01 AM
NBC sports had a chance at the perfect match up last night. Oilers vs Pens. The Kid vs Sid. Yet they chose to televise the Sabres vs the Red Wings? WTF? HAHAHAHAHA. There has to be a reason for this doesn't there?

Easy answer, Edmonton is from Polookaville, Canada.

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Easy answer, Edmonton is from Polookaville, Canada.

So you show two teams going nowhere? Edmonton has the best player in the game. Pittsburgh is back to back champs with a guy who is still a great player. Awful decision no matter how easy the answer seems to you.

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Rime Time helped out the Habs and their scoring percentages last night. What a nice guy.

ldiatone
10-25-2017, 11:16 AM

nice goal by mcdavid

HoofedInTheChest
10-25-2017, 11:46 AM

It was brought up in the media yesterday, and once again the NHL doesn't know how to market their own product. I don't know how many eyeballs the game would have attracted with the World Series starting on the same night.

Sportsnet had the game on up here, and you didn’t miss very much, the game was really dull. Phil and his bad salad with the game winner. :pout:

Rime Time helped out the Habs and their scoring percentages last night. What a nice guy.

He isn’t here anymore, and yet he still manages to piss me off.

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 12:09 PM
I saw the game. I have NHL Center Ice. It makes winter nights go faster. You're right about marketing though regardless of the World Series. Buffalo has Eichel pretty good young player. The wings maybe Larkin. Those two teams and stars don't compare to what Edmonton and Pittsburgh can offer. Maybe it's a anti Canadian team bias by NBC. Haven't seen the Leafs on there yet. Even with Matthews being American. The Jets have Laine. Both talented players on Canadian teams. Who knows? Makes no sense. But maybe making no sense makes perfect sense in the eyes of the NHL. Cue the Talking Heads....Stop Making Sense.

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Rime time pisses me off too. And stay off my distinguished road what the hell is that?

HoofedInTheChest
10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Babs is bringing the heat today, i wonder who he is referring too? :lol:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/923220016840949761

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Babs is bringing the heat today, i wonder who he is referring too? :lol:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/923220016840949761

Peter Holland? Not really sure.

MutuelClerk
10-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Corrado?

HoofedInTheChest
10-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Both Holland and Corrado.

They both had some unpleasant things to say about the organization after they left.

I'm sure some of the others that were dumped onto the Marlies weren't very happy about how they were treated, it must be a tough pill to swallow when you are told that you're not good enough to play.

HoofedInTheChest
10-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Speak of the devil and he doth appear.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/923537219272544256

ldiatone
10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Speak of the devil and he doth appear.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/923537219272544256

He is ready to step in!! and step up!!

woodtoo
10-26-2017, 05:58 PM

Maybe the Jets could swap goalies to get Niemi as Mason is also 3-0 with a
5.98 Sv%

HoofedInTheChest
10-26-2017, 10:50 PM
The 1943-44 New York Rangers got off to the worst start in NHL history with 11 straight losses. The Arizona Coyotes are chasing history with their 10th straight loss against the New York Rangers tonight, putting them in second place all-time.

Longest Losing Streak to Start a Season

1943-44 New York Rangers – 11 Losses
2017-18 Arizona Coyotes – 10 Losses
2002-03 Atlanta Thrashers – 9 Losses
2005-06 Pittsburgh Penguins – 9 Losses
2009-10 Toronto Maple Leafs – 8 Losses
2011-12 Columbus Blue Jackets – 8 Losses
2014-15 Carolina Hurricanes – 8 Losses
2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets – 8 Losses

HoofedInTheChest
10-26-2017, 10:52 PM
He is ready to step in!! and step up!!

To the pressbox?

ldiatone
10-27-2017, 05:18 PM
To the pressbox?
yes but the d man who did play i did not know Z Trotman. and your favorite player of yinz got his 300 goal........

Kessel scores 300th NHL goal

https://youtu.be/P5JGshXFHGY

HoofedInTheChest
10-27-2017, 06:51 PM
and your favorite player of yinz got his 300 goal........

Kessel scores 300th NHL goal

Lovely turnover by FrankenLaine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaxLfQ1Bh__/

ldiatone
10-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Lovely turnover by FrankenLaine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaxLfQ1Bh__/
:pound::pound::pound:

ldiatone
10-28-2017, 04:28 PM
The Coyotes have brought in some goaltending depth, acquiring Scott Wedgewood from the Devils in exchange for Calgary’s fifth-round pick in 2018.

HoofedInTheChest
10-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Say what you want about Ovi, but he's certainly a good egg in my books. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/NHLNetwork/status/924997374254071808

ldiatone
10-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Defenseman Mark Streit announced his retirement from hockey Monday.

MutuelClerk
10-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Say what you want about Ovi, but he's certainly a good egg in my books. :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/NHLNetwork/status/924997374254071808

It's October. Isn't that when he's always at his best? Kidding. Classy thing to do.

ldiatone
11-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Elliotte Friedman reports that a trade has been made as Matt Duchene was pulled off the ice in his game with the New York Islanders after he was told that he has been traded. The Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch tweets that Duchene is heading to the Ottawa Senators, while Kyle Turris will be heading to the Nashville Predators, suggesting that yesterday’s failed three-way trade is back on. No word yet on the other pieces to the trade.

MutuelClerk
11-05-2017, 07:53 PM
If Nashville signed Turris for six years. Bad move.

HoofedInTheChest
11-10-2017, 06:00 PM
The Sens and Avs played a game in Sweden this afternoon, and let’s just say they approach the anthems a bit differently. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7pSXbgnFcs

ldiatone
11-10-2017, 06:18 PM
The Sens and Avs played a game in Sweden this afternoon, and let’s just say they approach the anthems a bit differently. :eek:

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
11-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Finally Bettman did something right....:)

HoofedInTheChest
11-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Lest we forget.

https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fk0KdHeS2R n8%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&key=LjEJhZbWnE_lAI_0wML-8w&w=600&h=357

HoofedInTheChest
11-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Have you met Marty?

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/929524333357223936

Frost king
11-11-2017, 10:52 PM

Healthy set of lungs!!

HoofedInTheChest
11-14-2017, 12:58 PM
https://twitter.com/NHLnumbers/status/930481139281620993

ldiatone
11-14-2017, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/NHLnumbers/status/930481139281620993

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:
https://youtu.be/Zcq_xLi2NGo

HoofedInTheChest
11-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Tell that to Gary Bettman. He continually snubs Quebec City.
Report: Bettman, Rockets owner discuss NHL in Houston

http://www.tsn.ca/report-bettman-rockets-owner-discuss-nhl-in-houston-1.916880

HoofedInTheChest
11-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Like i needed another reason to hate the Toronto media, this clown is an asshat. Ya, ok, we will just run out to Costco and buy another generational first line centre seeing that there is an abundance of them. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/Berger_BYTES/status/931268993209442304

ldiatone
11-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Like i needed another reason to hate the Toronto media, this clown is an asshat. Ya, ok, we will just run out to Costco and buy another generational first line centre seeing that there is an abundance of them. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/Berger_BYTES/status/931268993209442304

gotta b a joke or something. no way Leafs do this. and what players would one think the leafs would get back????

MutuelClerk
11-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Berger must crave attention. No way this happens. Why do you read that dude Hoofed?

HoofedInTheChest
11-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Why do you read that dude Hoofed?
I don’t, i came across the tweet and got suckered into reading the article..... clickbait.

It’s all bullshit, if anyone in the front office opens their mouth, Lou will be waiting with a crowbar in their office tomorrow morning.

Berger is currently getting tuned up on twitter, career suicide.

Frost king
11-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Berger must crave attention. No way this happens. Why do you read that dude Hoofed?

He has been an idiot ever since I went to high school with him.

HoofedInTheChest
11-16-2017, 10:27 PM
He has been an idiot ever since I went to high school with him.
He’s giving Steve Simmons a run for his money.

I guess after that win we are now trading Auston Matthews, that settles it, f-him, who needs him!

Hee-Haw!

HoofedInTheChest
11-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Willie!

Andersen was an absolute wall tonight, he played one hell of a game, and didn’t Hall look bad on that fly by on Nylander! Hall played a good game but he gave up on that play...... cool!

Arizona – 5
Montreal – 4

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HoofedInTheChest
11-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Leafs hit the quarter-pole last night with a 13-7 record, they were 8-8-4 at the same point last year. Team is 5-0 in overtime/shootout games so far, club ended last season 8-23 in games beyond regulation, we have 0 loser points so far. :ThmbUp:

Matthews and Leafs not ready to commit to his participation tomorrow night. Looks like a game time decision after skating in another full practice today. Babcock says Matthews will be assessed by the medical staff today and tomorrow and a decision for his status vs. Montreal will be decided after morning skate.

*Fingers crossed for Antti Niemi*

HoofedInTheChest
11-18-2017, 11:37 AM
I wonder where the revenue is coming from?

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/931674413514113024

MutuelClerk
11-18-2017, 03:20 PM
IMO the salary cap will be no more after the next contract.

HoofedInTheChest
11-18-2017, 11:24 PM
Oh man, i can’t stop laughing.

Montreal honoring the Original 6 teams by giving up one goal for each of them.

I would love to know how Weber got away with being the second man in, he should have gotten a game misconduct for that, 2 Habs with their gloves off, c’mon man, brutal call by the zebras.

That last snipe by Matthews was absolutely nasty, he’s back!

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/932071467314851840

MutuelClerk
11-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Matthews Marner Martin i like that line. I also like Willie with Naz. Speaking of Naz the hit on him i thought he embelished a bit hoping for a call. He was pissed off!!! You could see something was gonna happen. GREAT win last night. Keep the streak alive. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoofedInTheChest
11-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Unreal.....

https://twitter.com/oak_leafs/status/932109129388142592

woodtoo
11-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Unreal.....

Yowsers!!

MutuelClerk
11-19-2017, 11:20 PM
I believe the Canes come to town this week. Don't let them leave without trading for a d-man Lou. They are the PERFECT trade partner for us.

HoofedInTheChest
11-20-2017, 12:40 AM
I believe the Canes come to town this week. Don't let them leave without trading for a d-man Lou. They are the PERFECT trade partner for us.
We are in Carolina on Friday, but i agree, i've had enough of Gardiner and his low hockey IQ.

The Leafs and Rangers have been scouting each other for the past week, things that make you go hmmmm.

woodtoo
11-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Winnipeg hosting Nashville tonite coming off a 7 for 8 November so far.
The whole team has been playing as good as it gets lately but begin a grueling
21 games in 37 days stretch. Hang in and stay healthy guys!!
GO JETS!!

Track Collector
11-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Unreal.....

I usually don't put too much stock in statistics like these. It is a pet-peeve of mine because it often involves a significant element of an apples to oranges comparison. Significantly older players are disadvantaged with this specific factoid because of more recent rules changes that favor the offense, a league that has more teams which dilutes the average talent level, etc.

As an avid Caps fan, I have the same problem with Braden Holtby, who is now the 2nd fastest goalie to reach 200 WINS. Now that EVERY game has a winner, achieving higher win totals is a lot easier vs. the older days when perhaps as many as 10% of games resulted in ties. Maybe making a comparison of Regulation Wins would be more meaningful, but even then the strategy in the 3rd period of a tied game today is going to be different.

Please do not take this as a criticism of you HoofedInTheChest because you posted this. I just wanted to point out that many of these factoids are off the mark when they "imply" that one player is better than another with regard to a particular aspect.

MutuelClerk
11-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Ok, vent time. The Leafs are starting games to slow. Maybe were reading our own headlines. The attitude seems to be don't you know who we are? Well, teams do know and when they play in Ontario against the Leafs with friends and family watching these teams bring their A games. Maybe we should too for sixty minutes.

D-men. Jake and Carrick. I really thought Carrick was coming on last season. He competed hard and was muscle for us. Something is missing this year. Jake=enigma. Sometimes the best player on the ice but often just lost. Consistency. Please. Morgan Rielly seems to be developing into the player he was drafted to be.

Forwards. Our strength. Back checking a little more would help. It's really fun to watch watch Matthews and Marner together. I'd like to see more of it. I also like Kadri and Nylander together. Kadri is an underrated strength of our team. Takes on the other teams best forward and is still very effective offensively not to mention a pain in the ass to play against. He's come a long way. Dominic Moore hasn't been all that great for us. When the Goat is 100% bring him back. I know Babcock doesn't want to play Marleau at center but damn when he does we are very strong down the middle. We need to trade from our forward depth and maybe even overpay to acquire a top defense men.

Goalie. Freddy might start slow but he's very. very good. No complaints.

Our record is really good. I believe we will make the playoffs and hopefully win a round or three. The Leafs are in new territory. Talented and expectations. Management needs to be strong with these young kids. Keep them focused.

Hoofed, one of the few hockey things we disagree is the Yotes. I think they will be pretty good in the not so distant future. Keller is a beast. Watched him a lot around here as a junior. I'm glad he's shooting more. Always thought he passed too much. Sometimes being selfish is good when you have talent like he does. Ok, off my high horse. Thanks for reading. Hoofed your thoughts?

HoofedInTheChest
11-22-2017, 03:42 AM
I usually don't put too much stock in statistics like these. It is a pet-peeve of mine because it often involves a significant element of an apples to oranges comparison. Significantly older players are disadvantaged with this specific factoid because of more recent rules changes that favor the offense, a league that has more teams which dilutes the average talent level, etc.

As an avid Caps fan, I have the same problem with Braden Holtby, who is now the 2nd fastest goalie to reach 200 WINS. Now that EVERY game has a winner, achieving higher win totals is a lot easier vs. the older days when perhaps as many as 10% of games resulted in ties. Maybe making a comparison of Regulation Wins would be more meaningful, but even then the strategy in the 3rd period of a tied game today is going to be different.

Please do not take this as a criticism of you HoofedInTheChest because you posted this. I just wanted to point out that many of these factoids are off the mark when they "imply" that one player is better than another with regard to a particular aspect.
I get what you’re saying, and i take no offence.

For starters, i take no stalk in power-play goals/points, any pigeon can produce on the PP. Goals/points produced while 5v5 is another story altogether.

You really need to look at the era that these guys played in. Games played through the 70’s and 80’s produced 7.6 goals per game on average. In 1994 we entered the “Dead Puck Era”, where scoring decreased just below 6 goals per game, and by 1998 the average dropped even further to 5.19 goals per game.

This was caused by the dilution of talent that came with expansion in the 90’s, as well as the “Neutral Zone Trap” which some teams employed. The size of the goaltending equipment started to increase in the late 90’s, and continued to increase before the NHL stepped in and started to regulate the equipment.

After the lockout in 2005, the NHL implemented rule changes that increased the speed of the game as well as an attempt to increase scoring. It did just that as the league enjoyed over 6 goals a game, which were the highest totals seen in over a decade. To put things in perspective, there were zero players with 100 points in 2004, while in 2006 there were 7 players with over 100 points.

We are now in a “New Dead Puck Era”, goals have decreased to the level that they were in the mid 90’s, and power-play opportunities are at their lowest totals in history.

No longer are there weak skating lines that you can exploit, and teams have gone back to clogging up the neutral zone which makes zone exits and zone entries a lot more difficult.

This season the NHL are finally starting to enforce rules that enable forwards the ability to make plays without having their forearms broken in two, which should increase scoring. I’m starting to see them become a bit more lax than they were at the start of the season, and the jury is still out until we play an entire season, but we should see more production this season.

You would have to make adjustments to the numbers on that list that i posted, based on the era that they played in, i understand that, but it was simply a quick indication of where this kid is at in his development, and what he has done in his first 99 games..... it’s impressive.

The fact that Matthews is producing at an alarming rate in the “New Dead Puck Era”, says a lot about his ability while playing 5v5. His possession ratings as well as his defensive play is just as impressive. Who would have thought that a Mexican/American would be this productive, i certainly didn’t.

HoofedInTheChest
11-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Ok, vent time. The Leafs are starting games to slow. Maybe were reading our own headlines. The attitude seems to be don't you know who we are? Well, teams do know and when they play in Ontario against the Leafs with friends and family watching these teams bring their A games. Maybe we should too for sixty minutes.

D-men. Jake and Carrick. I really thought Carrick was coming on last season. He competed hard and was muscle for us. Something is missing this year. Jake=enigma. Sometimes the best player on the ice but often just lost. Consistency. Please. Morgan Rielly seems to be developing into the player he was drafted to be.

Forwards. Our strength. Back checking a little more would help. It's really fun to watch watch Matthews and Marner together. I'd like to see more of it. I also like Kadri and Nylander together. Kadri is an underrated strength of our team. Takes on the other teams best forward and is still very effective offensively not to mention a pain in the ass to play against. He's come a long way. Dominic Moore hasn't been all that great for us. When the Goat is 100% bring him back. I know Babcock doesn't want to play Marleau at center but damn when he does we are very strong down the middle. We need to trade from our forward depth and maybe even overpay to acquire a top defense men.

Goalie. Freddy might start slow but he's very. very good. No complaints.

Our record is really good. I believe we will make the playoffs and hopefully win a round or three. The Leafs are in new territory. Talented and expectations. Management needs to be strong with these young kids. Keep them focused.

Hoofed, one of the few hockey things we disagree is the Yotes. I think they will be pretty good in the not so distant future. Keller is a beast. Watched him a lot around here as a junior. I'm glad he's shooting more. Always thought he passed too much. Sometimes being selfish is good when you have talent like he does. Ok, off my high horse. Thanks for reading. Hoofed your thoughts?
Bang on.

The Leafs still need to work on their D-zone exits, it’s a bit of a sh*t show most nights, the forwards jump the zone a little too early for my liking. They have problems penetrating the neutral zone at times, and tend to turn over the puck in transition, but who doesn’t.

Defensively, they’re still pretty bad.

The only thing you left out was Brownie, he is invaluable. He is the hockey equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife, he can be used in all situations. After the Big 3, Brownie is my favorite Leaf and is grossly underpaid, i can’t believe he was a 6th rounder.

We have some really good depth on the Marlies, and we are chewing up the AHL this season.

When it comes to the Yotes, i have nothing against the players, mind you they’re already eliminated from the playoffs and need to play .700 hockey for the rest of the season which is highly unlikely. My beef has more to do with ownership and management, John Chayka (who looks about 15) is building the team through advanced analytics (Moneyball), and i’m not completely sold on the idea, time will tell. Their top 6 has some serious speed, which was evident the other night. They have one good defenseman in OEL, other than that, they have a shaky defense core.

Keller is leading the Calder race at the quarter-pole.... good for him.

The Yotes are costing the league $40 mill a season, which has a negative effect on the cap, not cool.

HoofedInTheChest
11-22-2017, 04:09 PM
https://twitter.com/3rdPeriodSuits/status/933177824973688832

HoofedInTheChest
11-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Goal distribution at quarter mark of 2017-18 NHL season (318 GP)

Goal scoring is up 12.4% this season, with an average of 6.1 goals per game.

Even-strength goals: 1,399 (up 10.9% vs. 2016-17)

Power-play goals: 431 (up 17.4%)

Shorthanded goals: 67 (up 24.1%)

Shootout-deciding goals: 27 (down 3.6%)

MutuelClerk
11-22-2017, 06:15 PM
https://twitter.com/3rdPeriodSuits/status/933177824973688832

Charging. Two minutes.

HoofedInTheChest
11-23-2017, 09:03 AM
The Leafs have found themselves another “free wallet” in Igor Ozhiganov, a right-shooting, 25-year-old defenceman currently with CSKA Moscow. Toronto has a verbal commitment from the Russian defenseman, he can sign after April 30th.

What a difference a couple of days can make. It seems that Clayton Keller has a worthy adversary in the chase for the Calder Cup in Brock Boeser.

Happy Thanksgiving

ldiatone
11-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Kypreos' colleague and NHL insider Elliotte Friedman has mentioned that a blockbuster trade could happen between the Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Penguins. According to Friedman, if Pacioretty is to become available, the Pens could make a move to land the 30-goal scorer.

ldiatone
11-23-2017, 01:06 PM
AND THIS FROM FACE BOOK

PENS losing all that Stanley cup talent, Kunitz, Fleury, Bonino, Cullen, Daley.. it's starting to show

HoofedInTheChest
11-23-2017, 02:59 PM
It's really fun to watch watch Matthews and Marner together. I'd like to see more of it.
It looks like you’re going to get your wish, Marner is staying with Matthews, that’s until Babs breaks out the blender again. I think it has more to do with Willie losing confidence in himself, both Willie and Mitch haven't been themselves this season.

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/933761366158204928

MutuelClerk
11-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Marner seems to have more jump when he is with Matthews. I like the combo. Also the Bozak-JVR line has been hot I think he put Nylander there hoping he heats up. If they trade Bozak, Nylander would probably move to center breaking up Matthews and Nylander anyways. This might be a move for the future.

ldiatone
11-24-2017, 12:12 AM
The Calgary Flames have placed goaltender Eddie Lack on waivers.

HoofedInTheChest
11-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Kypreos' colleague and NHL insider Elliotte Friedman has mentioned that a blockbuster trade could happen between the Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Penguins. According to Friedman, if Pacioretty is to become available, the Pens could make a move to land the 30-goal scorer.
You lost me at Kypreos....

I’m hearing that Montreal want’s a centreman, i find it unlikely that the Habs are going to give up a 30 goal scorer for Greg McKegg.

But then again, we are talking about Bergevin here.

HoofedInTheChest
11-24-2017, 01:09 AM
Marner seems to have more jump when he is with Matthews. I like the combo. Also the Bozak-JVR line has been hot I think he put Nylander there hoping he heats up. If they trade Bozak, Nylander would probably move to center breaking up Matthews and Nylander anyways. This might be a move for the future.
Our offence has been sputtering of late, just once would i like to see Babs throw out a nuke line.

Leafs: We want you on the Leafs Patty.

Marleau: I don't know... my family has been happy in San Jose.

Leafs: Did we mention you'd get to play with Leo Komarov on a shutdown line?

Marleau: WHERE DO I SIGN?!

HoofedInTheChest
11-24-2017, 12:27 PM
The Leafs have a back to back with Carolina and Washington starting tonight, thankfully the Caps play tonight as well, hey, good luck with Tampa! I'm sure there's a logical reason for starting Freddie tonight, but I have no freakin clue what it is.

In his last 5 starts at home vs Leafs, Cam Ward is 2-1-2 with a .920 save percentage.

In the last 5 years Freddie has played 1 road game in CAR which he won.

Interestingly, McBackup is 2-0-1 with a .949 save percentage in that same span.

HoofedInTheChest
11-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Lou Lamoriello called me to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “the next winger” to play with Auston Matthews, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

ldiatone
11-26-2017, 01:42 AM
hey how's come yinz guys in the north county of usa didn't tell us about Phil K? bob errey color man of your Pittsburgh Penguins stated" they knew Phil was a scorer but he is also a great passer!":rolleyes:

HoofedInTheChest
11-26-2017, 02:14 AM
Ma che cazzo.....

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/08/leafs.jpg?w=660

cj
11-26-2017, 01:36 PM
Ovechkin-ed last night. :)

ldiatone
11-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Ma che cazzo.....

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/08/leafs.jpg?w=660

notice the ketchup! Heinz!

woodtoo
11-26-2017, 05:12 PM

fabulous night for Alex and for all the right reasons.

Made the Leafs look mediocre.

cj
11-26-2017, 05:59 PM
fabulous night for Alex and for all the right reasons.

Made the Leafs look mediocre.

Caps have been mediocre all year. Maybe new strategy, try to get good at the right time this year.

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
Not only is Ian Cole apparently on his way out of town, he and his representation are seeking a new place to set down fresh roots after nearly three years in Pittsburgh.

Per a report from Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman, the Penguins have given Cole's agent Keith Magnuson permission to speak to prospective trade partners as Jim Rutherford attempts to deal the 28-year-old defenseman. That means a sign-and-trade agreement could be in the works, in which a player agrees to a fresh contract that kicks in as soon as he arrives on his new team.

HoofedInTheChest
11-28-2017, 02:14 PM

I'll give you that one. It was a case of "Divine Intervention" that night. He promised a kid from Ontario (cancer survivor) that he would score for him, he got him 3 and the pucks afterwards. It's getting harder and harder to dislike the guy.

But where was Ovechkin on October 17th?

woodtoo
11-28-2017, 02:22 PM
I'll give you that one. It was a case of "Divine Intervention" that night. He promised a kid from Ontario (cancer survivor) that he would score for him, he got him 3 and the pucks afterwards. It's getting harder and harder to dislike the guy.

But where was Ovechkin on October 17th?

MIA?

HoofedInTheChest
11-28-2017, 02:22 PM
notice the ketchup! Heinz!

The only thing i notice is Kadri looking at him with the expression..... you're not actually going to eat that are you?

HoofedInTheChest
11-28-2017, 02:29 PM
MIA?

Leafs - 2
Washington - 0

CJ is a selective poster, but i still owe him an apology. I was going through some stats and noticed that in 1991 to 1993, the NHL played 84 games in those two seasons, if you recall a conversation we had a couple of years ago.

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 02:46 PM
The Washington Capitals have placed Aaron Ness on waivers according to Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports, likely with the intention of sending the 27-year old defenseman back to the minor leagues

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Cole may be headed to the Oilers with a 1st round 2018 Draft pick for a Center. I'll post the name when I know for sure. via face book

HoofedInTheChest
11-28-2017, 03:28 PM
You forgot this one....

Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Matt Murray has been placed on injured reserve and ruled week-to-week with a lower-body injury.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports the goaltender is expected to miss four-to-six weeks with an apparent right leg injury.

McKenzie expects the Penguins to be in the market for a low-cost experienced backup on the trade market.

We will gladly trade you Pickard if you take back Kessel’ $1.2 mill retained salary. :)

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 03:41 PM
You forgot this one....

Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Matt Murray has been placed on injured reserve and ruled week-to-week with a lower-body injury.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports the goaltender is expected to miss four-to-six weeks with an apparent right leg injury.

McKenzie expects the Penguins to be in the market for a low-cost experienced backup on the trade market.

We will gladly trade you Pickard if you take back Kessel’ $1.2 mill retained salary. :)

no

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 03:58 PM
You forgot this one....

madden on 105.9 the X murray 2-4 wks out

HoofedInTheChest
11-28-2017, 04:15 PM
madden on 105.9 the X murray 2-4 wks out
Just enough time to slide right out of a playoff position.

You had a good run....

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Just enough time to slide right out of a playoff position.

You had a good run....

oh come on ......its still preseason:popcorn:

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 04:59 PM
just asking... just saw a clip on FB who is 43 for the leafs? and why was he bangin his stick after taking a penalty? and who yelled at him in the box??

MutuelClerk
11-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Kadri 43. Was pissed about being called for a cross check after being cross checked. The official in the box got pissed at Kadri when banging his stick came dangerously close to him.

HoofedInTheChest
11-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Shanny needs to take him to Tim Hortons for a small hot chocolate and a 10 pack of Timbits and tell him to simmer down.

https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/status/933595291785224192

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 08:27 PM
wow thanks

MutuelClerk
11-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Leafs win tonight 4-1 in what i think was our best game of the season. Seems like we owned the puck. Rarely got rattled in our own end. I really like Naz and Willy together. About the only thing I didn't like was our goalie trying to score a goal with their net empty. Our two goal lead nearly became a one goal lead. Two more games on this road trip. Great match up Thursday the best two young players in the game. McDavid and Matthews. In that order. For now.

HoofedInTheChest
11-29-2017, 12:31 AM
We’ve played 3 complete games this season, and that was definitely one of them.

We won all the puck pursuits and Calgary couldn’t match our forechecking. Mitchy is starting to look like himself again, but god damn him and Willy are snake bitten.

I imagine that to opponents, Kadri goals sting their assholes just a wee bit more.

RIP Auston Matthews' shot streak. Over at 109 games.... bummer. You can tell he’s playing injured, his skating has no pop.

I was hoping that the Leafs would troll Calgary tonight, and come out wearing Argos jerseys. :lol:

https://twitter.com/TheFlintor/status/935729510095511558

HoofedInTheChest
11-29-2017, 01:00 PM
November Even Strength SV% (6+ GP) (League Median .909)

Andersen .948 on 306 SA

Bobrovsky .947 on 284 SA

Vasilevskiy .939 on 246 SA

Luongo .938 on 272 SA

Elliott .936 on 268 SA

Lundqvist .936 on 277 SA

Jones .934 on 181 SA

Holtby .933 on 255 SA

Hellebuyck .932 on 251 SA

Crawford .932 on 251 SA

HoofedInTheChest
11-29-2017, 06:29 PM
What a pigeon.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/935879720238956544

ldiatone
11-29-2017, 08:12 PM
What a pigeon.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/935879720238956544

ldiatone
11-29-2017, 08:15 PM

aaahhh come of... yinz leaf guys would love him back now!!! 2 cup winner, lead the young leafers...

woodtoo
11-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Jets set odd record, 7 goals by 7 guys all 7 goals unanswered.

ldiatone
11-30-2017, 01:32 PM
NEWS
CANUCKS' DORSETT 'DEVASTATED' AS CAREER LIKELY OVER DUE TO NECK INJURY Derek Dorsett was on pace for the best offensive output of his career, but a neck injury that sidelined him last season has come back and it looks like his playing career is over.

ldiatone
11-30-2017, 01:55 PM
ok check this out go pens!! ok go leafs

ldiatone
11-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Center Adam Henrique, forward Joe Blandisi and a third-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft were acquired by the Anaheim Ducks in a trade with the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for defenseman Sami Vatanen and a conditional third-round draft pick.

Henrique, 27, has 14 points (four goals, 10 assists) in 24 games this season. He's second among Devils forwards with in average ice time at 18:

MutuelClerk
11-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Always liked Henrique. Back in the Tyler vs Taylor days I saw a lot of those Whaler vs Spitfire games. Some of those games the best player on the ice that night was a very underrated Adam Henrique. Seems like a good trade for both clubs.

HoofedInTheChest
11-30-2017, 07:28 PM
Pervy Douche of the Day...

Rogers Sportsnet announces they’ve fired Gregg Zaun. A memo released to Rogers staff says they received a number of complaints from female colleagues of inappropriate conduct in the workplace. After an investigation he was terminated.

Wow, Gregg Zaun turned out to be an asshole? Really hard to believe given his public persona of being an asshole.

MutuelClerk
12-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Nylander was outstanding last night. Polak not so much. Seems like every time he was caught on the ice with McDavid bad things happened. But a win is a win. Hopefully we sweep the road Saturday night.

HoofedInTheChest
12-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Until their penalty kill gets better, the Oilers won’t gain any traction, it’s killing them on a nightly basis.

Leafs PP (3rd in the league) 2/2 last night... Oilers have the worst PK in the NHL (71.4% after last night)

Help me with the math. Considering the past ten years, how long do you think until the Oilers ice a team entirely compromised of #1 picks?

HoofedInTheChest
12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Hopefully we sweep the road Saturday night.
Statistically, the game vs Vancouver should pan out for the Leafs.

For those of you that wager on hockey, here’s a little tip...

Whenever a team returns home from a long road trip, their first game back at home usually results in a loss. The Nucks are coming off a 6 game roadie, but it will come down to how the oddsmakers set the lines.

Greyfox
12-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Help me with the math. Considering the past ten years, how long do you think until the Oilers ice a team entirely compromised of #1 picks?

Not for a long time.
Strange as it may seem, last night's game was a turning point for the Oilers.
They lost. However, in the last two periods they showed that they are a force to be contended with.
They're down in the standings, but my crystal ball sees them rising from the ashes. They've had a lot of "slow learners" who the coaches are finally getting through to. This season is not over yet for the Oilers.

HoofedInTheChest
12-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Not for a long time.
Strange as it may seem, last night's game was a turning point for the Oilers.
They lost. However, in the last two periods they showed that they are a force to be contended with.
They're down in the standings, but my crystal ball sees them rising from the ashes. They've had a lot of "slow learners" who the coaches are finally getting through to. This season is not over yet for the Oilers.
I think it had more to do with the Leafs taking their foot off the gas pedal in the 2nd and parts of the 3rd period. That and Freddy Toskala let in a couple of softies from the perimeter.

You have to play .661 hockey for the rest of the season if you want to make the playoffs, that’s quite a leap from your current .423 winning percentage.

At least you have Rasmus Dahlin waiting for you at the end of the season.

woodtoo
12-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Winnipeg Jets in 1st place overall...................pinch me I'm dreaming:cool:

HoofedInTheChest
12-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Winnipeg Jets in 1st place overall...................pinch me I'm dreaming:cool:
Actually you’re in 2nd place, but the Jets are the hottest team in Canada..... for now.

Winning Percentage

1 - Tampa = .720

2 - Winnipeg = .692

ldiatone
12-02-2017, 02:29 PM
http://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

woodtoo
12-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Actually you’re in 2nd place, but the Jets are the hottest team in Canada..... for now.

Winning Percentage

1 - Tampa = .720

2 - Winnipeg = .692

Uncharted zones for the new Jets

I see the off season signing of 2, at first look nondescript signings defense man
Dimitry Kulukov and veteran forward Matt Hendricks. These two seem to bring with them a super glue quality to the team making them a more cohesive quality. That and 4 lines to take a load off the top 2.

woodtoo
12-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Halfway through 2nd Winnipeg 5 Ottawa 0 Foot firmly on gas pedal.:ThmbUp:

ldiatone
12-04-2017, 02:58 PM
The Detroit Red Wings era for forward Scott Wilson will come to a quick end, as the team has traded him to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a 2019 fifth-round pick. Wilson was acquired by the Red Wings just this season as part of the Riley Sheahan trade, and will move on after just 17 games with the club.

With the Sabres waiving Matt Moulson today, there is clearly a change coming in Buffalo.

MutuelClerk
12-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Uncharted zones for the new Jets

I see the off season signing of 2, at first look nondescript signings defense man
Dimitry Kulukov and veteran forward Matt Hendricks. These two seem to bring with them a super glue quality to the team making them a more cohesive quality. That and 4 lines to take a load off the top 2.

I see the Jets as a team with very good young talent. Where they've improved the most IMO is they finally have a kid stopping the puck in goal. Also Byfuglein seems to be reined in. Playing within the team. He's always been a very good player but in the past he seems to go astray. He's playing focused and within the team structure making him and team even harder to beat. Hope we see you in the finals Woodtoo.

woodtoo
12-04-2017, 07:25 PM
That would be a real hoot!!

ldiatone
12-06-2017, 04:01 PM
ohh its cute:pound::pound:

woodtoo
12-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Eric Comrie 22 makes his first start of season for Jets tonight, he won his only other NHL game.

HoofedInTheChest
12-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Matthew Tkachuk was delivered via anal birth.

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/938867342670467072

ldiatone
12-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Bad news for the @Canucks - @BoHorvat is out up to six weeks with a fractured foot.

MutuelClerk
12-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Hoofed, I'll take Matthew Tkachuk anytime. Sure, he does silly stuff at times. But he hands for more than just fighting. Did you see his goal in the shootout? Freddie is a rock in goal and he beat him cleanly. And if Matthew irritates you, just wait til you see his brother Brady. Draft eligible this year and my favorite player of the draft eligibles. I saw him for a week this year at the Summer Showcase. He doesn't have the scoring skills of his brother but man he is even more intense and still a very good player. Just wait til the WJC. USA USA :)

ldiatone
12-08-2017, 06:47 PM
did you view that shot by #81 on the program and #1 in your hearts??? Laser shot! for a goal https://youtu.be/EnPWZ9PK8ss

also The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled forward Dominik Simon from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

ldiatone
12-08-2017, 06:53 PM
NHL pursuing revolutionary player-tracking systems
Technology would be camera-based, removing need for uniform chips

MANALAPAN, Fla. -- The NHL is working to invent revolutionary on-ice player-tracking technology it hopes to implement for the 2019-20 season or, potentially, as early as the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said Friday.

The technology would not require tracking chips on the players, instead relying upon camera-based technology, Commissioner Bettman said Friday at the conclusion of the two-day Board of Governors meetings.

"We're in the process of working with some technology companies to invent technology that doesn't currently exist, because it's more complicated to do this than in any of the other sports for a whole host of reasons which relate to the attributes of our games, the physical contact, the sticks, the speed and everything else," Commissioner Bettman said. "But we're committed to doing it and we're investing a fair amount of money to do it."

The NHL has worked with companies on player- and puck-tracking technologies in the past, including at the 2015 All-Star Game in Columbus and during the World Cup of Hockey 2016.

"We learned that we can get the technology to work but we needed it to work better so that it could be scalable," Commissioner Bettman said. "Doing it for 16 or 17 games in a two-week period in one building [at the World Cup] is a lot different than 1,271 games in 31 buildings."

He said the NHL will roll out testing of the new technology at future events, including, perhaps, at the 2018 Honda NHL All-Star Game in Tampa, Florida.

"It is a work in progress but we're very confident that we're going to get this to work," Commissioner Bettman said, "and the amount of data that it will provide in addition to creating opportunities for broadcasters to use it in real time is pretty exciting."

cj
12-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Caps on a roll, wish it were May. :(

ldiatone
12-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Sidney Crosby will face Auston Matthews for the first time this season and fourth time in the NHL when the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Toronto Maple Leafs at PPG Paints Arena on Saturday.

Crosby, who is second on the Penguins with 31 points (12 goals, 19 assists) in 30 games, had four points (two goals, two assists) in three games against the Maple Leafs last season.

Matthews, who leads the Maple Leafs with 26 points (13 goals, 13 assists) in 25 games, had two points (one goal, one assist) in three games against the Penguins last season. who?

GO PENS!! BEAT THE LEAVES!!

ldiatone
12-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Status report

The Maple Leafs aren't expected to make any change to their lineup from their previous game, a 2-1 shootout win against the Calgary Flames on Tuesday. … Murray took part in the morning skate for the first time since sustaining a lower-body injury Nov. 27. "It just feels really good to be back," Murray said. "I wouldn't be out there if there were any restrictions. … Day-to-day type thing." … Kuhnhackl will be a game-time decision.

Stat pack

The Maple Leafs power play is fifth in the NHL at 22.1 percent. … The Penguins are 24 for 26 (92.3 percent) on the penalty kill during their past seven games.

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Beleaf yet Idiatone?

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 07:40 AM
That being said we were lucky to hold on. We finally started fast. But couldn't wait to find the wire at the end of the game. Freddie is a MONSTER!!!!!

HoofedInTheChest
12-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Hey Penguins....

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/girl-school-bus-looking-sad-middle-finger-flipped-off-1386380570I.gif?id

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Hey Penguins....

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/girl-school-bus-looking-sad-middle-finger-flipped-off-1386380570I.gif?id

Awesome. Hoofed you post that and rip on Matthew Tkachuk? works for me...

ldiatone
12-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Hey Penguins....

:sleeping:

HoofedInTheChest
12-10-2017, 03:34 PM
There's a circle of hell that Dante never talked about, and that's having to drive around Toronto on a weekend.

Curtis McElhinney is 5-0 in his career against Edmonton, he’ll make his 1st start tonight since November 25th.

Looks like the Oilers would prefer to double-start Laurent Brossoit in back to back games, what could possibly go wrong?

Asked about possible lineup changes, Babcock says a couple guys dealing with bumps and bruises including Matthews ... a decision will be made closer to game time. Ruh Roh!

The Leafs are a damn good team, so good in fact, that they can convince opposing d-men to score for them. Welcome to Toronto Kris Russell! :p

And of course there's Pool Party.....

http://i.imgur.com/XpscaFU.gif

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Getting worried about Matthews. That hit late in the game. Ouch. He looked like he was in discomfort leaving the ice. And yet Babcock played him again and again with the Pens pressing. That surprised me. Show's lots of trust. Matthews hasn't been right for quite awhile now. The Leafs played well when he was out of the lineup and have played pretty well in his return even though he isn't 100%. I'd rest him. The greater good.

HoofedInTheChest
12-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Ya, he’s not right, there’s something seriously wrong with him that’s hampering his play. If I were to guess, it’s either a groin or a back problem.

No worries though, we have balanced scoring.

The Marlies have been absolutely crushing it, 20-5-0 after this weekend, outstanding .800 hockey. Shanny has done an incredible job of righting the ship.

HoofedInTheChest
12-10-2017, 07:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DrSnhJhgRc&feature=youtu.be

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 10:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DrSnhJhgRc&feature=youtu.be

Freaking awesome. I went to you tube. There's a part two. Titled, Carey Price. Love the Nylander references. Well done Hoofed!!!!

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 10:44 PM
The game tonight. Leafs win 1-0. Beating Crosby and McDavid on back to back nights. McDavid was the best player on the ice. He set up a lot of guys who missed the net tonight. If they didn't miss the net the puck somehow hit C. Mac who reminded of Reimer tonight. Flopping everywhere, having the puck hit you and then have no idea where the rebound went. That was a pretty strange shutout tonight. I'll take it. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MutuelClerk
12-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Who's the guy stuffing his face with pizza?

HoofedInTheChest
12-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Who's the guy stuffing his face with pizza?
Jesse Puljujärvi

It's no wonder they can't win any games, they're eating that garbage after a game.

HoofedInTheChest
12-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Islanders Belmont plans unveiled including hotel, retail and community center.

The Islanders’ proposal includes an 18,000-seat, year-round arena that would host 150 events annually, as well as 435,000 square feet of space for retail, a hotel with 200 to 250 rooms, and a 10,000 square-foot “innovation center” that would be developed with input from residents.

NYCFC, a professional soccer team partially owned by the Yankees, is calling for a 26,000-seat open-air stadium in addition to 400,000 square-feet of space for retail, a 5.2-acre community park and a 2-acre soccer facility.

https://www.lighthousehockey.com/2017/12/10/16760532/islanders-belmont-arena-plans-unveiled-lirr-station-hotel

HoofedInTheChest
12-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Caps on a roll, wish it were May. :(

https://twitter.com/oak_leafs/status/940227236229246976

Greyfox
12-11-2017, 01:40 PM
The game tonight. Leafs win 1-0. Beating Crosby and McDavid on back to back nights. McDavid was the best player on the ice. He set up a lot of guys who missed the net tonight. If they didn't miss the net the puck somehow hit C. Mac who reminded of Reimer tonight. Flopping everywhere, having the puck hit you and then have no idea where the rebound went. That was a pretty strange shutout tonight. I'll take it. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That game hurt more than the one where we scored on our own net.
If the Oilers fall 2 points short of a playoff berth, those two games against the Leafs will be even more hurtful to think about.
McDavid has had two bouts of flu virus to contend with through November.
He lost over 12 lbs in weight, yet even while sick he was a force for Edmonton.
Clearly he was back in health last night.
When he's well, he's the most exciting player on the planet.

HoofedInTheChest
12-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Kappy’s Back!

The Maple Leafs have recalled winger Kasperi Kapanen on Tuesday ahead of the game against Filthy-Delphia, as well the team announced forward Nikita Soshnikov has been placed on injured reserve.

Centre Auston Matthews was not on ice for the team's morning skate on Tuesday. :(

Toronto is the NHL's highest-scoring team at 5v5 (73 GF) while the Flyers have allowed the NHL's fewest goals at 5v5 (43 GA).

ldiatone
12-12-2017, 02:23 PM
former @penguins DMan #ZarleyZalapski passes away at 49

that all the info i have viewed sad:(

MutuelClerk
12-13-2017, 09:52 AM
The Leafs are playing in their own zone way too much. It seems to be working ok this year but it is not a recipe for success down the road. Last year the Leafs were young and couldn't play with the lead well at all. Things have gotten better this year for sure. We need to be more aggressive in the third period. Can't rely on Freddie every night. Minny tomorrow then here Friday night to play the Wings in the new arena. A rare Saturday off for the Leafs. Do they still have HNIC? :)

HoofedInTheChest
12-13-2017, 11:53 AM
The Leafs are playing in their own zone way too much. It seems to be working ok this year but it is not a recipe for success down the road. Last year the Leafs were young and couldn't play with the lead well at all. Things have gotten better this year for sure. We need to be more aggressive in the third period. Can't rely on Freddie every night. Minny tomorrow then here Friday night to play the Wings in the new arena. A rare Saturday off for the Leafs. Do they still have HNIC? :)
Yep, and yep. :)

As much as it stings, they're going to lose 3.5 games out of every 10. What bothers me is, they lost to a one-line hockey team twice, wtf.

HoofedInTheChest
12-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Matt Duchene shed some light on why he requested a trade from the Colorado Avalanche last December.

"I wanted to play playoff hockey"

http://i.imgur.com/6ePdP7G.jpg

ldiatone
12-13-2017, 06:45 PM
LAS VEGAS — It’s not shake-up time yet for Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford, but it’s getting there.

Rutherford isn’t happy with how his team’s been playing — “I’m disappointed in the [2-3-0] homestand,” Rutherford said while watching practice Wednesday at T-Mobile Arena — and feels it may soon be necessary to make a significant move.

“We’re coming in to a critical period where we’ll make a decision whether we need to shake things up or not,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Asked whether he would do something big to create a ripple effect to get his team’s attention, Rutherford simply replied, “Yes.”

MutuelClerk
12-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Hoofed, why are the Leafs playing a matinee Tuesday against the Canes?

MutuelClerk
12-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Marc-Andre Fleury. James Neal. Get some revenge against the Pens. What Vegas is doing is pretty remarkable. Cool to see.

Greyfox
12-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Marc-Andre Fleury. James Neal. Get some revenge against the Pens. What Vegas is doing is pretty remarkable. Cool to see.

What Vegas has done so far is absolutely unbelievable, especially for teams like my Oilers.
My Gawd, Vegas has taken a team of almost castoffs ...well unprotected players.. and they are holding on to a playoff berth.
Who da thunk it?

HoofedInTheChest
12-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Hoofed, why are the Leafs playing a matinee Tuesday against the Canes?
It’s “Toronto Maple Leafs Day”, it’s something new that Shanny and the Mayor put together. On Dec 19, 1917, the Toronto Arenas played their first game in the NHL, and lost 10-9 to the Montreal Wanderers.

The game will be played at 2 p.m., with the Leafs hoping to pack the Air Canada Centre with as many kids as possible. Season-ticket subscribers are asked to bring a child with them to that game, or to donate the ticket back to the MLSE Foundation, which will give it to a school-aged fan.

HoofedInTheChest
12-15-2017, 05:08 PM
What Vegas has done so far is absolutely unbelievable, especially for teams like my Oilers.
My Gawd, Vegas has taken a team of almost castoffs ...well unprotected players.. and they are holding on to a playoff berth.
Who da thunk it?
Not me, if you look at them on paper, they don’t have a lot of talent outside of Neal and Marchessault. The one thing they did get right was in drafting 18 really good skaters, they can fly and they can forecheck, and they have bought in.

Good goaltending will make any team look good.

I’m happy for them, they should be getting something good in return for that $500 million expansion fee.

Did you notice that Seattle has to pay $650 million for a team? But last year Vegas paid......

ldiatone
12-15-2017, 08:31 PM
Rutherford had a poor offseason. He too got caught up in the moment and over-valued his own players, like Brian Dumoulin and Justin Schultz. He is now limited by salary cap restrictions and big contracts. It is a mistake he now must overcome. However, with any trade not only comes addition but subtraction. Other teams do not judge players like Carl Hagelin or Conor Sheary with hope, they are judged by results. In a shakeup, the Penguins will lose key players in order to gain players they hope are key.

Greyfox
12-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Did you notice that Seattle has to pay $650 million for a team? But last year Vegas paid......

Seattle will get in and once again Quebec City gets ignored by Bettman.

HoofedInTheChest
12-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Seattle will get in and once again Quebec City gets ignored by Bettman.
After hearing Melnyk' presser last night, it sounds like Ottawa will be moving to Quebec City if things don't change, they're hemorrhaging money thanks to their loyal fanbase.

HoofedInTheChest
12-16-2017, 09:39 AM
I think it’s time to send Marner and Nylander down to the Marlies, these cut-back plays aren’t getting the job done, and they’re fooling absolutely no one. It almost feels like someone took their manhood away from them in the off-season, they’re both playing a gutless brand of hockey. This has been going on since the first day of training camp, and it's almost Christmas and nothing has changed, these two need a reality check on a Greyhound bus.

If you’re not going to engage the puck then maybe it’s time to give someone else an opportunity, i’ve seen enough of this nonsense.

Kappy and Leivo understand the concept of driving the net.

MutuelClerk
12-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Adam Henrique returned to Jersey tonight and scored what is my favorite goal of the year so far. He beat the defenseman he was traded for on the play adding salt to the wound. Can't find it online yet. Look for it. Pretty sweet.

HoofedInTheChest
12-19-2017, 03:07 AM
https://twitter.com/NHL/status/942933483026034690

HoofedInTheChest
12-19-2017, 12:43 PM
The holiday season is upon us, which means the NHL’s annual holiday roster freeze is here. On Dec. 19 at 11:59 p.m. ET, the NHL will officially “freeze” rosters until 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 28, marking an eight-day span.

This week-long roster freeze is a system built into the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement. During this time, no NHL team can trade or move a player in an agreement that requires waivers.

There are exceptions to the rule. Players in a team’s AHL system can be recalled to fill a hole in their team, allowing teams to keep a healthy roster during the freeze. Free agents can be signed during the freeze and any player placed on waivers before the freeze and is claimed after must report to their new team.

HoofedInTheChest
12-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Islanders Belmont plans unveiled including hotel, retail and community center.

The Islanders’ proposal includes an 18,000-seat, year-round arena that would host 150 events annually, as well as 435,000 square feet of space for retail, a hotel with 200 to 250 rooms, and a 10,000 square-foot “innovation center” that would be developed with input from residents.

NYCFC, a professional soccer team partially owned by the Yankees, is calling for a 26,000-seat open-air stadium in addition to 400,000 square-feet of space for retail, a 5.2-acre community park and a 2-acre soccer facility.

https://www.lighthousehockey.com/2017/12/10/16760532/islanders-belmont-arena-plans-unveiled-lirr-station-hotel
Belmont Park in New York will be the home of a new arena for the New York Islanders.

According to a report by Jim Baumbach of Newsday, the team's bid has been selected as the winner to develop the land, located just outside New York City.

https://twitter.com/jimbaumbach/status/943166938976530433

Re Barclays Center opt-out, now the 1/30 deadline means nothing. Of course they're opting out. The date that matters is 1/1 - that's when negotiating window on amending the lease (aka new short term deal) closes. They could always extend the window, too. But that's the next date.

HoofedInTheChest
12-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Marner must be reading my posts, when you drive the net good things will happen. Welcome back Mitchy!

JVR is the raccoon of goal scorers.

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/943201085149216768

MutuelClerk
12-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Maybe night games are past his normal bedtime. :) Saw a great movie today. Recorded game or so i thought. MY HD is messed up. Didn't record, missed the first period. Figures. Four by us, one by them. Watching in low def now.

ldiatone
12-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins by the Dallas Stars on Tuesday for conditional fourth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.

Oleksiak (6-foot-7, 255 pounds) was the Stars' first-round selection (No. 14) in the 2011 NHL Draft. The 24-year-old has three points (one goal, two assists) in 21 games this season and 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) in 140 NHL games, all with Dallas.

The Stars will receive the better of Pittsburgh's own fourth-round pick or a choice acquired from the Minnesota Wild.

AND
The Arizona Coyotes acquired forward Josh Archibald, goaltender Sean Maguire and a sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft in a trade with the Pittsburgh Penguins for goaltender Michael Leighton and a fourth-round pick in 2019 on Tuesday.

Archibald, 25, has no points in three games for the Penguins this season. He had three goals in 10 games with Pittsburgh last season and was scoreless in four games during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The three goals are his only points in 14 NHL games. He was Pittsburgh's sixth-round pick (No. 174) in the 2011 draft.

Maguire, 24, was Pittsburgh's fourth-round pick (No. 113) in the 2012 draft and signed with the Penguins on April 6, 2016, after playing four seasons at Boston University. He has split the past two seasons between Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pittsburgh's American Hockey League affiliate, and Wheeling of the ECHL.

yinz know anything about these players?

judd
12-20-2017, 05:44 AM
I thought (pens) getting a goalie was strange:confused:

HoofedInTheChest
12-20-2017, 03:24 PM
I thought (pens) getting a goalie was strange:confused:
A few opposing executives on Pittsburgh’s trades for Michael Leighton and Jamie Oleksiak: “The tip of the iceberg.”

The two trades the Penguins made yesterday were of the minor variety, but their impact could be as setup moves for the future. If Oleksiak can show progress and promise, it’s almost certainly going to clear the path for Rutherford to trade a defenseman.

Ian Cole has been in trade rumors lately and is clearly not a favorite of coach Mike Sullivan. In fact, based on practice lines today, it appears Cole will be a scratch tomorrow night against Columbus with Oleksiak getting into the lineup for his Penguins debut.

ldiatone
12-20-2017, 08:53 PM
A few opposing executives on Pittsburgh’s trades for Michael Leighton and Jamie Oleksiak: “The tip of the iceberg.”

The two trades the Penguins made yesterday were of the minor variety, but their impact could be as setup moves for the future. If Oleksiak can show progress and promise, it’s almost certainly going to clear the path for Rutherford to trade a defenseman.

Ian Cole has been in trade rumors lately and is clearly not a favorite of coach Mike Sullivan. In fact, based on practice lines today, it appears Cole will be a scratch tomorrow night against Columbus with Oleksiak getting into the lineup for his Penguins debut.

:ThmbUp: yes true.

cj
12-20-2017, 11:22 PM
Went Tuesday night to Dallas and saw my Caps beat the Stars in OT. Sat directly behind the penalty box. Feel like Tom Wilson and I are BFFs now. He has wonderful hair, by the way.

MutuelClerk
12-20-2017, 11:32 PM
Went Tuesday night to Dallas and saw my Caps beat the Stars in OT. Sat directly behind the penalty box. Feel like Tom Wilson and I are BFFs now. He has wonderful hair, by the way.

Wilson is a great kid. I've always rooted for him. Seems like he's finally coming on.

ldiatone
12-21-2017, 12:44 AM

:ThmbUp:

judd
12-21-2017, 05:27 AM
Idiatone, Miss the Burgh ??

HoofedInTheChest
12-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Wilson is a great kid. I've always rooted for him.

We have a turncoat amongst us.

https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-images-1.medium.com%2Fmax%2F1600%2F1%2AYa_vJ8HDS-mGoRjsen7iQQ.gif&key=to-fbmQWsIQV2u1MRr2zMg&w=600&h=240

ldiatone
12-21-2017, 01:43 PM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

ldiatone
12-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Idiatone, Miss the Burgh ??
hey how ya doin? not to much. not the weather! nice 95% of the time out here! a bit windy. thanks!

MutuelClerk
12-21-2017, 10:01 PM
We have a turncoat amongst us.

https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-images-1.medium.com%2Fmax%2F1600%2F1%2AYa_vJ8HDS-mGoRjsen7iQQ.gif&key=to-fbmQWsIQV2u1MRr2zMg&w=600&h=240

Sorry. Not. Plymouth Whaler. I root for most of those kids. Wilson. Seguin. Hartman. Noeson. Rakell. Boll. Neal. That's off the top of my head.

Ready for the WJC Hoofed? I wish USA-Canada was on NY's Eve. I think USA led by Brady Tkachuk and Joseph Woll will be formidable.

MutuelClerk
12-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Do you think Alex Nylander will play well for Sweden or because it's in the city he was drafted ( Buffalo ) might be a little nervous? I see him playing well. Sweden is deep on the blueline. Solid goaltending. Might be the team to beat.

HoofedInTheChest
12-22-2017, 03:17 AM
Who in the f*ck ordered all this snow?

It should be a good tournament, from what i’ve read there are 5 teams that could win it all.... there’s no clear favorite. If the weather sucks, there’s a chance that there will be no outdoor game between the U.S. and Canada.

I'm really looking forward to watching Rasmus Dahlin, i haven't seen much of him, but from what i have seen this kid can really dance with the puck.

Canada has no star power this year, but i really liked the way the team looked when they curb-stomped the Czechs 9-0 yesterday. In my opinion, we have the best goalie in the tournament, Carter Hart is having a season for the ages with the Silvertips. He’s 13-3-1 with a 1.32 goals-against average and .961 save percentage. He’s shut out his opponents five times, and leads all CHL goaltenders. The Flyers may have finally found the starting goalie they’ve been looking for.

The Leafs could send three out of 10 recent draft picks young enough to go.

Timothy Liljegren - Sweden
Joseph Woll – USA
Eemeli Rasanen – Finland

Players to watch out for.....

CANADA
Victor Mete, Cale Makar, Sam Steel

USA
Kailer Yamamoto, Casey Mittelstadt, Brady Tkachuk

SWEDEN
Elias Pettersson, Rasmus Dahlin, Timothy Liljegren

Finland
Kristian Vesalainen, Olli Juolevi, Eeli Tolvanen

RUSSIA
Andrei Altybarmakyan, Mikhail Berdin, Klim Kostin

SLOVAKIA
Dávid Hrenák, Adam Ruzicka, Milos Roman

DENMARK
Joachim Blichfeld, Kasper Krog, Oliver True

SWITZERLAND
Tobias Geisser, Philipp Kurashev, Nando Eggenberger

CZECH REPUBLIC
Filip Chytil, Filip Zadina, Martin Necas

BELARUS
Maksim Sushko, Vladislav Yeryomenko, Igor Martynov

HoofedInTheChest
12-22-2017, 03:39 AM
Betting Lines.

HoofedInTheChest
12-22-2017, 06:41 AM
This is pretty awesome, i’m sure the neighbors love the train horn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=126&v=qvh01HHhXzU

HoofedInTheChest
12-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Sir Isaac Newton was only 23 when he discovered the law of gravity.

Auston Matthews was only 19 when he hit em with four.

The prodigal son returns.... on Festivus no less.

MutuelClerk
12-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Shattenkirk better get suspended. Butt end. Purposely. It seems the Leafs either start slow and finish fast. Or start fast and finish slow. Crosby has been the best player in the game for years. No one is faster with the puck than McDavid and he has possibly become the the best player in the game. The prodigal son ( TM Hoofed) has the best hand eye coordination in the game. Matthews will soon be the acknowledged as the best player in the game. Yeah. I said it.

To all the lovers of the greatest game on earth. Have a great Christmas!!!!!

Greyfox
12-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Matthews will soon be the acknowledged as the best player in the game. Yeah. I said it.

:lol:
If Matthews and McDavid were both open for bids from other GMs, I suspect that 30 would take McJesus first...Yeah. I said it.
Merry Xmas!

MutuelClerk
12-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Perfect. You can have first pick. I'll get stuck with Auston.

Greyfox
12-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Smokin' that stuff is illegal until July 1 2018. No?

MutuelClerk
12-23-2017, 11:11 PM
They should have arrested me a long time ago....

HoofedInTheChest
12-25-2017, 06:02 AM
Maybe Santa can bring McDavid a better FO%.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

ldiatone
12-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Meanwhile during the Montreal vs. Ottawa game...

Guy Lafleur, Mario Lemieux's hockey hero, just presented #66 with a painting for his #NHLGreatestMoments achievement.

6:24 PM - Dec 16, 2017

Mario's "Five Goals, Five Ways" Named Greatest Moment in NHL History

https://youtu.be/cW4Nir6L9kg

MutuelClerk
12-25-2017, 05:19 PM
NHL Network just replayed last years amazing Gold Medal Game between the USA and Canada. Shootout thriller. The Calder Trophy winner probably in this game. Keller. Barzal. McAvoy. Take your pick. All terrific young players. I still think Chabot will be the best of everyone.

Nice seeing that Mario highlight. That's who Matthews is reminding me more of everyday. Yeah. I said it...:)

Bring on the WJC. I'm ready. The sleeper just might be Canada. I'm not even sure how Canada can be a sleeper in junior hockey. I'm not hearing a lot about their team. That concerns me.

chenoa
12-25-2017, 11:58 PM
Ben Scrivens being Canada's goalie for the Olympics concerns me!!!:eek:

Greyfox
12-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Ben Scrivens being Canada's goalie for the Olympics concerns me!!!:eek:

I wonder why? :lol:
When he played with the Oilers my grandmother could stop more pucks than he did.
He spent a lot of the time foundering around on the ice like a fish that the sea gulls had dragged to shore.

ldiatone
12-26-2017, 01:50 PM
rumor: will the pens trade kris letang???

MutuelClerk
12-26-2017, 05:37 PM
rumor: will the pens trade kris letang???

Letang? Lots of recent injuries. Concussed. Big contract with term left. Helluva player a few years ago. Now? Not so sure. Pens need to make a move this season. They are struggling. The Leafs need a d-man but I have no interest in Letang. The price will be too high and he isn't tearing it up this season. Term is the killer for Letang.

MutuelClerk
12-26-2017, 09:05 PM
The great Johnny Bower passed away today at the ripe old age of 93. Sad day.

ldiatone
12-28-2017, 08:05 PM
A disappointing season for the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins just took another tough turn. The team announced this afternoon that defensemen Kris Letang and Chad Ruhwedel and forward Bryan Rust have all been placed on injured reserve. There had been indications of possible moves such as these earlier in the day when head coach Mike Sullivan stated that Ruhwedel was “week-to-week” with an upper-body injury and Rust was out long-term with an upper-body injury of his own, as well as confirmed that Letang would remain out of the lineup, but the reality of three starters hitting the shelf on the same day could be jarring for Penguins fans.

MutuelClerk
12-29-2017, 12:08 AM
USA upset tonight. Trap game? Hope so. Mittlestadt impressing goal to tie but that last goal against the USA was terrible. Hope were ready for Canada tomorrow in the outdoor game.

MutuelClerk
12-31-2017, 09:59 PM
It's official the Leafs need a d-man. Not a smooth skating one, we have plenty of those. We need a big dude to stand in front of the net and own the area he stands in. Maybe the young Leafs enjoyed the city of Vegas a little too much. Maybe we just got our asses kicked 6-3. Maybe both.

My pet peeve in the NHL is all the icing calls. As fast as the game is these days when a puck is cleared from the other side of the red line seems like defenseman have alligator arms or skate like me and suddenly cant catch up to the puck. The linesman and refs need to not give in. I know the NHL wants goals scored and icing can help create that. But man seems like it's getting really bad.

Hoofed? Where? Are? You? The WJC is going on and I'm not hearing from you. hope you're okay. USA looks like fools gold to me. Record is pretty good but I see cracks and feel we were much better last year. Looking forward to the medal games this week.

Happy New Year to all you hockey lovers. Hoping Stanley comes home in 2018.......

Greyfox
01-01-2018, 12:32 AM
It's official the Leafs need a d-man.

C' mon. Vegas are tire biters.
Anyone who has ever been there is overwhelmed by the city not the team.
Until other NHL teams figure that out, expect more of the same.
But what a wonderful city to go to!

MutuelClerk
01-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Ok, the Goat has a three point game with the Marlies and no word from Hoofed? Hope he's on vacation.

Boris
01-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Sooner or later, this thread will turn into a discussion of "who can stop the Lightning"? 17 pages and barely a mention.

NHL Leaders:
Points - 1. Nikita Kucherov
Goals - 1. Nikita Kucherov
Plus/Minus - 1. Anton Stralman
Goals Against Ave - 1. Andrei Vasilevskiy
Save Percentage - 1. Andrei Vasilevskiy
Wins - 1. Andrei Vasilevskiy

In the meantime, it's cute reading about what your teams need.