PDA

View Full Version : BloodHorse/Angst:2011 Ca. Purse Hike promises on backs of Gamblers Failed to Deliver.

Andy Asaro
08-31-2017, 01:37 PM
https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/903309751458570240

Excerpts:

As for California's experience, a state Assembly analysis at the time takeout was increased estimated the increased rake would generate an additional $70 million in purses for 2011. Keith Brackpool, the California Horse Racing Board chairman at the time, was more conservative, saying the increase would generate an additional $30 million.

The additional purse money would fall well short of both estimates. The high-water mark to date being the $146.3 million paid in 2014, which was up less than $14 million from 2010 and failed to match the $148.9 million in purses of 2009.

Andy Asaro
08-31-2017, 01:40 PM
Any thoughts on the genius predictions/projections by the false “prophets” who are still in charge as we read this email? What we had is incompetents, con artists, and liars destroying California Racing for short term gains back then.

And now Keeneland is on the same path.

GMB@BP
08-31-2017, 05:48 PM
I notice not a single quote from anyone associated with those tracks.

cj
08-31-2017, 06:11 PM
I notice not a single quote from anyone associated with those tracks.

What are they going to say? LOL.

AndyC
08-31-2017, 06:31 PM
Any thoughts on the genius predictions/projections by the false “prophets” who are still in charge as we read this email? What we had is incompetents, con artists, and liars destroying California Racing for short term gains back then.

And now Keeneland is on the same path.

When then Del Mar CEO Craig Fravel came out and endorsed the increases I swore off CA racing and haven't looked back.

Having met most of the people who run Del Mar I wouldn't call them con artists or liars nor do I think they were looking for short term gains. They were obviously completely wrong, however.

Andy Asaro
08-31-2017, 07:00 PM
When then Del Mar CEO Craig Fravel came out and endorsed the increases I swore off CA racing and haven't looked back.

Having met most of the people who run Del Mar I wouldn't call them con artists or liars nor do I think they were looking for short term gains. They were obviously completely wrong, however.

Mostly referring to this guy without whom the bill never would have been passed. And I believe that he also took the sunset clause out of the bill. Liebau and Fravel wrote most of it. Doesn't make sense that two guys running tracks would take out the sunset clause. Then they make him CHRB Commissioner in 2010. Then he goes to run things for Stronach where he sits now getting them to believe that he owns the next Governor (Villaragosa). All of this is my opinion of course.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/11/business/fi-hiltzik11

Excerpt:

People who say that nothing's harder to get rid of than a bad penny must never have met Keith Brackpool.

The British-born promoter, who has spent the last dozen years pushing a scheme to pump water to Southern California from beneath 35,000 acres his Cadiz Inc. owns in the Mojave Desert, just won't go away.

On the contrary, he continues to attract political sycophants happy to attest to his wisdom in the ways of water policy -- while they accept campaign contributions and consulting fees from him and his company.