PDA

View Full Version : Songbird Retired

picojim
08-31-2017, 12:08 PM
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/223357/champion-songbird-retired

dilanesp
08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/223357/champion-songbird-retired

They found what they were looking for.

Dahoss9698
08-31-2017, 02:19 PM
I called this on Monday. Lots of hurt egos at Fox Hill. Too bad as her last was a very good race.

outofthebox
08-31-2017, 03:02 PM
I called this on Monday. Lots of hurt egos at Fox Hill. Too bad as her last was a very good race.I think their egos are fine. Porter was very smart on sending her to Bramlage, as Hollendorfer and crew said she was 100% and felt she was good enough to travel home. Now unless Porter paid Bramlage to doctor up the diagnosis report, i believe they have no other alternative in the decision. Kudos on some of you that noticed a hitch in her giddy up in the warm ups.

Dahoss9698
08-31-2017, 03:31 PM
I think their egos are fine. Porter was very smart on sending her to Bramlage, as Hollendorfer and crew said she was 100% and felt she was good enough to travel home. Now unless Porter paid Bramlage to doctor up the diagnosis report, i believe they have no other alternative in the decision. Kudos on some of you that noticed a hitch in her giddy up in the warm ups.

For sake of full disclosure you're a horseman so of course you're going to defend this...but we both know she doesn't even go to Bramlage had she won by a length instead of losing by a neck.

How many horses are racing today with something like she was found to have? My guess is half of the horses in Louisiana.

Dahoss9698
08-31-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm also kind of curious how a hall of fame trainer and his entire team missed that she was "off" but others were able to see it on TV.

Ruffian1
08-31-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm also kind of curious how a hall of fame trainer and his entire team missed that she was "off" but others were able to see it on TV.

She was 100% sound !!

Except for that one hind leg.

ronsmac
08-31-2017, 04:54 PM
I could see this coming. She didn't impress me in a single race this year after looking like a top filly last year. Easiest of leads in her last and put up no resistance to a wide winner who wasn't even all out.

Immortal6
08-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Hope this image attaches from mobile... taken off Fox Hil Farms Facebook post.

outofthebox
08-31-2017, 05:13 PM
For sake of full disclosure you're a horseman so of course you're going to defend this...but we both know she doesn't even go to Bramlage had she won by a length instead of losing by a neck.

How many horses are racing today with something like she was found to have? My guess is half of the horses in Louisiana.You're 100% correct, she would have been on the next Tex Sutton flight to Cali without hesitation if she won that race. So many horses deal with problems as you say. But i will say that even our "best" statebreds do deal with comparative issues. We can afford to give them a little time off because there is not much residual value to them.

CincyHorseplayer
08-31-2017, 07:09 PM
Came here just to tip the cap. A few of you called this out watching the prerace warmups. I listened to the interview with the owner I believe on TVG today when watching the races. Like he said I am so grateful she wasn't catastrophically injured.

nancy4487
08-31-2017, 07:22 PM
What surprised me most was Big Money Mike never noticed her "off" . He is usually pretty astute in these matters.
I give credit to Rick Porter for calling for the Dr. Bramlage exam, and for sharing full disclosure.
No Eight Belles in their future again.

I also think Dr. Bramlage should check Arrogate and Classic Empire.

Fager Fan
08-31-2017, 07:27 PM
I will say this is a smart man. He silenced those that would've taken a shot at him by being open and posting publicly the vet report.

Bigadam119
08-31-2017, 08:24 PM
Why do we just give her her due. She was an outstanding filly that took her show on the road and ran her race wherever it was. She could do it easy but was also tough as nails when challenged. It was a pleasure to watch every time she stepped on the track. I have a special spot for horses that bring it every race regardless of them being off that day. Songbird was one of those horses. American Pharaoh was another. Arrogate and Chrome were not

GMB@BP
08-31-2017, 08:48 PM
Why do we just give her her due. She was an outstanding filly that took her show on the road and ran her race wherever it was. She could do it easy but was also tough as nails when challenged. It was a pleasure to watch every time she stepped on the track. I have a special spot for horses that bring it every race regardless of them being off that day. Songbird was one of those horses. American Pharaoh was another. Arrogate and Chrome were not

man, we in the social media age...whats the fun in that?

Dahoss9698
08-31-2017, 09:01 PM
She was 100% sound !!

Except for that one hind leg.

Right so the people that see her everyday missed it? Does that seem reasonable to you?

Fager Fan
08-31-2017, 10:02 PM
Right so the people that see her everyday missed it? Does that seem reasonable to you?

More reasonable than questioning the vet report slapping you upside the head.

The lameness was there. It's documented. I'm sorry (not really) that you were proven wrong, but maybe you should take it as a lesson. Crow isn't all that tasty.

SharpCat
08-31-2017, 11:19 PM
Came here just to tip the cap. A few of you called this out watching the prerace warmups. I listened to the interview with the owner I believe on TVG today when watching the races. Like he said I am so grateful she wasn't catastrophically injured.

Yes like I said before she looked off in the post parade. Just glad she ran the race without incident. She had a very good career and wish her a happy retirement.

Dahoss9698
08-31-2017, 11:56 PM
More reasonable than questioning the vet report slapping you upside the head.

The lameness was there. It's documented. I'm sorry (not really) that you were proven wrong, but maybe you should take it as a lesson. Crow isn't all that tasty.

Proven wrong? I said she'd be retired on Monday. I also said she was overrated and she of course was.

Now if you want to go along with the narrative that Hollendorfer (a conservative trainer) is basically incompetent, missed how off she was and that Bramlage could tell she was off as soon as she came off the van, so be it.

But it makes perfect sense why you're too scared to bet. You're very gullible. Im selling a bridge....real cheap. You interested?

IMO (and I know I'm not alone), they thought she was unbeatable, she was never as good as they thought, so they needed a fall guy. Hollendorfer became the guy.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 12:05 AM
You're 100% correct, she would have been on the next Tex Sutton flight to Cali without hesitation if she won that race. So many horses deal with problems as you say. But i will say that even our "best" statebreds do deal with comparative issues. We can afford to give them a little time off because there is not much residual value to them.

So in your opinion this type of "injury" just requires a little time off? Because the way Porter was describing it...she was lucky not to break down.

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Proven wrong? I said she'd be retired on Monday. I also said she was overrated and she of course was.

Now if you want to go along with the narrative that Hollendorfer (a conservative trainer) is basically incompetent, missed how off she was and that Bramlage could tell she was off as soon as she came off the van, so be it.

But it makes perfect sense why you're too scared to bet. You're very gullible. Im selling a bridge....real cheap. You interested?

IMO (and I know I'm not alone), they thought she was unbeatable, she was never as good as they thought, so they needed a fall guy. Hollendorfer became the guy.

Yes, Dr. Bramlage totally falsified a vet report.

What horse do you figure he used as a ringer in the nuke scan and MRI images?

How much do you think Bramlage and his staff were paid to pull off his hoax and jeopardize the reputation he's built up from 40+ years?

You ever heard the saying it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought dumb than to open your mouth and prove it? You're the poster boy for that saying. Keep talking. You just show everyone here the depths of your derangement.

Enjoy the heaping, steaming mound of crow.

outofthebox
09-01-2017, 06:10 AM
So in your opinion this type of "injury" just requires a little time off? Because the way Porter was describing it...she was lucky not to break down.I don't know. I have never watched this filly train. I have read in National Turfs last work out of her that she has looked much better in the past, so maybe the issues were starting to creep up on her. There are many times even with layoffs they never come back the same. I am quite sure she didn't jump on the plane without Dorf jogging her out with the vets who work on her everyday, give her a clean bill of health. I'm not going to say Porter sensationalized the findings of Bramlages report. You have to remember the pain and scrutiny he went through with Eight Belles.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Yes, Dr. Bramlage totally falsified a vet report.

What horse do you figure he used as a ringer in the nuke scan and MRI images?

How much do you think Bramlage and his staff were paid to pull off his hoax and jeopardize the reputation he's built up from 40+ years?

You ever heard the saying it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought dumb than to open your mouth and prove it? You're the poster boy for that saying. Keep talking. You just show everyone here the depths of your derangement.

Enjoy the heaping, steaming mound of crow.

First off, I love how angry I get you. It's the only reason I'm still posting here. To piss you off as much as possible.

At no point have I said anyone is falsifying anything, Thats you attempting to discredit me and your need to be Internet right. Porter is being VERY dramatic here. It's because like you, his ego took a hit on Saturday.

At no point did I say a ringer was used for the scans. Maybe your 8 year old buddy can teach you how to read next time he comes over for a swim.

I read Bramlage's report. Porter is being dramatic. Her "injury" is not at all how Porter has described. Her "injury" is something that I bet a few dozen horses will be running with today.

I think it's ridiculous to try and publicaly shame Hollendorfer, as if he did something wrong. He spends a lot more time with Songbird than anyone, no? And he missed it? Sorry...not buying it.

I get it....owners are probably the dumbest and most gullible people involved in the game. You want to believe all the heresay stuff Porter said in an article. Again, probably good for you, you don't bet.

The bridge is still for sale by the way. Maybe we can sign the contract on it when we meet at the Sales. Let me know.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 08:26 AM
I don't know. I have never watched this filly train. I have read in National Turfs last work out of her that she has looked much better in the past, so maybe the issues were starting to creep up on her. There are many times even with layoffs they never come back the same. I am quite sure she didn't jump on the plane without Dorf jogging her out with the vets who work on her everyday, give her a clean bill of health. I'm not going to say Porter sensationalized the findings of Bramlages report. You have to remember the pain and scrutiny he went through with Eight Belles.

Workout reports are funny. The one I read said she was as fast as ever.

Do I think she was the same as last year? Probably not. Do I understand that Porter was hurt by What happened with Eight Belles? Of course.

My issue is how Hollendorfer has been turned into the scapegoat here. I can understand you not wanting to say Porter is sensationalizing the reports, but I will. The report basically called for a little time off. Porter turned that into it would have been a major catastrophe had they continued on and that it was amazing she didn't break down. He also said she was the most popular horse in years.

That's sensationalizing.

I think this is all about Rick Porter. I can appreciate his connection with this filly. She appeared to have helped him get through a very tough battle so I understand and am compassionate to him holding her in such high regard. I just think he's being overly dramatic.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 09:07 AM
I'd love for Spalding No! to weigh in here.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 09:10 AM
I'd also love for people to read the actual vet report and then read the Bloodhorse article in which Porter was quoted multiple times.

Very interesting to say the least.

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 09:50 AM
First off, I love how angry I get you. It's the only reason I'm still posting here. To piss you off as much as possible.

At no point have I said anyone is falsifying anything, Thats you attempting to discredit me and your need to be Internet right. Porter is being VERY dramatic here. It's because like you, his ego took a hit on Saturday.

At no point did I say a ringer was used for the scans. Maybe your 8 year old buddy can teach you how to read next time he comes over for a swim.

I read Bramlage's report. Porter is being dramatic. Her "injury" is not at all how Porter has described. Her "injury" is something that I bet a few dozen horses will be running with today.

I think it's ridiculous to try and publicaly shame Hollendorfer, as if he did something wrong. He spends a lot more time with Songbird than anyone, no? And he missed it? Sorry...not buying it.

I get it....owners are probably the dumbest and most gullible people involved in the game. You want to believe all the heresay stuff Porter said in an article. Again, probably good for you, you don't bet.

The bridge is still for sale by the way. Maybe we can sign the contract on it when we meet at the Sales. Let me know.

You're so pathetic it's humorous.

I posted that she looked off in the hind end in the post parade. You said I was full of it, excusing her performance, and that you'd believe the HOF trainer who said she was fine. Guess what? She was off in the hind end. So my ego is doing very well. In fact, I laughed at the crow you were eating.

Keep talking and proving how little you know. Her injury was there before this race, and it's dangerous for her to keep training. That means she ran despite the danger she was in. I might be pissed too if I was the owner and learned that.

So keep pretending that your concern is for the Dorf. You're just trying to squirm out of being wrong that she had a injury, and that it affected her performance in at least this race if not the prior race. But you fool no one here.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 09:58 AM
You're so pathetic it's humorous.

I posted that she looked off in the hind end in the post parade. You said I was full of it, excusing her performance, and that you'd believe the HOF trainer who said she was fine. Guess what? She was off in the hind end. So my ego is doing very well. In fact, I laughed at the crow you were eating.

Keep talking and proving how little you know. Her injury was there before this race, and it's dangerous for her to keep training. That means she ran despite the danger she was in. I might be pissed too if I was the owner and learned that.

So keep pretending that your concern is for the Dorf. You're just trying to squirm out of being wrong that she had a injury, and that it affected her performance in at least this race if not the prior race. But you fool no one here.

Squirm out of being wrong? That's your department. You're the one hellbent on being Mr Internet.

I care about being right when it comes to making me money and I cleaned up betting against her on Saturday.

Nice deflections though. I knew you HAD to respond, but I also knew your fragile little ego wouldn't allow you to address any of my points.

You didn't find it odd that Porter's account conflicted with what Bramlage said?

By the way...love to see you on tilt. Go take a swim and cool down. LMAO!!!!

Andy Asaro
09-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Like it or not dahoss is more "street wise" than most posters.

Flash Alert! What you read in articles and quotes in articles are often complete bullsh*t. And he's right about Songbird IMO.

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Like it or not dahoss is more "street wise" than most posters.

If by "street wise," you mean total ass, then you nailed it.

Flash Alert! What you read in articles and quotes in articles are often complete bullsh*t. And he's right about Songbird IMO.

Right about what exactly? Not injured? Wrong. That Dorf couldn't miss it. Wrong. That injury was just an excuse? Wrong. That it didn't affect her performance(s)? Wrong.

You look as silly as him if you're disputing a vet report issued by the best equine veterinarian in the world.

Andy Asaro
09-01-2017, 11:51 AM
If by "street wise," you mean total ass, then you nailed it.

Right about what exactly? Not injured? Wrong. That Dorf couldn't miss it. Wrong. That injury was just an excuse? Wrong. That it didn't affect her performance(s)? Wrong.

You look as silly as him if you're disputing a vet report issued by the best equine veterinarian in the world.

You seem to be easily manipulated by the press IMO. End of story

outofthebox
09-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Workout reports are funny. The one I read said she was as fast as ever.

Do I think she was the same as last year? Probably not. Do I understand that Porter was hurt by What happened with Eight Belles? Of course.

My issue is how Hollendorfer has been turned into the scapegoat here. I can understand you not wanting to say Porter is sensationalizing the reports, but I will. The report basically called for a little time off. Porter turned that into it would have been a major catastrophe had they continued on and that it was amazing she didn't break down. He also said she was the most popular horse in years.

That's sensationalizing.

I think this is all about Rick Porter. I can appreciate his connection with this filly. She appeared to have helped him get through a very tough battle so I understand and am compassionate to him holding her in such high regard. I just think he's being overly dramatic.I agree with you on Hollendorfer. Taking a social media blasting.Good for him he doesn't get caught up in the crap. My buddy at Taylor Made said she walked off the trailer pretty good, so at the end of the day, that's all that matters. You're overall opinion on how this Songbird retirement transpired, is pretty spot on..

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 12:33 PM
You seem to be easily manipulated by the press IMO. End of story

I'm easily manipulated by a vet report. End of story.

Your reply answers none of the questions. Dahoss was wrong at every turn. Now he's trying to squirm out of it by making this about how we should feel sorry for the trainer, who by the way went on and on how nothing was wrong with her even though he knew she was about to be examined. That's on him. And if I'm the owner, I'm not too happy that a) he didn't see that she was off in the hind end, b) that because of that she ran despite it being life-threatening that she did, and c) throwing Songbird under the bus by saying there was nothing wrong, that this was her best, when that wasn't true.

Andy Asaro
09-01-2017, 12:34 PM
C'mon. Porter is up front and everyone knows that. If you believe Hollendorfer is a saint you're reading to many paid advertisements.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm easily manipulated by a vet report. End of story.

Your reply answers none of the questions. Dahoss was wrong at every turn. Now he's trying to squirm out of it by making this about how we should feel sorry for the trainer, who by the way went on and on how nothing was wrong with her even though he knew she was about to be examined. That's on him. And if I'm the owner, I'm not too happy that a) he didn't see that she was off in the hind end, b) that because of that she ran despite it being life-threatening that she did, and c) throwing Songbird under the bus by saying there was nothing wrong, that this was her best, when that wasn't true.

Life threatening??? :lol::lol::lol:

Where in the vet report did it say that?

CincyHorseplayer
09-01-2017, 02:05 PM

The owner did say exactly that in an interview yesterday.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 02:24 PM
The owner did say exactly that in an interview yesterday.

Right and I'm asking where in the vet report it says that. I'll help you out....it doesn't.

Like I've been saying all along...Porter is being dramatic

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 02:28 PM

Lol. That's what "dangerous" and "not safe" means.

By all means, keep talking and proving how daft you are.

Andy Asaro
09-01-2017, 02:33 PM

Did it ever cross your mind that they're gonna have a clause in the sale documents with stipulations about running again?

CincyHorseplayer
09-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Right and I'm asking where in the vet report it says that. I'll help you out....it doesn't.

Like I've been saying all along...Porter is being dramatic

Fair enough Hoss. Most of what I hear from connections goes in one ear and out the other. Mainly I just don't pay attention to their game speak. I'm a player I only listen if I get some sense of intent or lack thereof! That's what he said yesterday. That's it. Nice career from this gal.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 02:53 PM

You said you're going by the vet report. Where in the vet report does it mention her race on Saturday?

I say you're going by what Porter says because you're a gullible idiot. Nothing you've shown disputes that.

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Did it ever cross your mind that they're gonna have a clause in the sale documents with stipulations about running again?

No, because they can't. Any horse sold at auction goes to the highest bidder with papers free and clear of any liens or restrictions. The new owner come Nov will be free to race or breed her.

Andy Asaro
09-01-2017, 02:56 PM
No, because they can't. Any horse sold at auction goes to the highest bidder with papers free and clear of any liens or restrictions. The new owner come Nov will be free to race or breed her.

Ohhhhhhhhh Kayyyyyyyyyyy.

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 03:01 PM
You said you're going by the vet report. Where in the vet report does it mention her race on Saturday?

I say you're going by what Porter says because you're a gullible idiot. Nothing you've shown disputes that.

Lol again. You're the gift that keeps on giving!

Try the sentence where he says the injury is older than her most recent race.

Most people would be smart enough to shut up by now.

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 03:05 PM

"She has proximal suspensory ligament desmitis in both hind limbs. This is what is limiting her performance, but she is talented enough to be competitive in spite of this. This is older than her most recent race, as the inflamation is progressing down into the body of the suspensory ligament which takes some time."

The vet report clearly says that she wasn't racing at her full potential in her last race (i.e. Saturday) because of the hind end problem, and that it has been an issue for some time.

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 03:10 PM

"... but the front distal cannon bone problem is the root cause of her getting sore behind, and it is dangerous because it will progress if we keep training and could lead to a more severe fracture because of its shape."

"She needs to stop, it is not safe to train on at this time."

An owner seeing those line in a vet report will say "Gee, doc, what would happen if we did train on and the more severe fracture occurred?" Then the vet would tell him what Porter says he heard that isn't in the report.

Andy Asaro
09-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Why do people keep taking what they say at face value?

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Lol again. You're the gift that keeps on giving!

Try the sentence where he says the injury is older than her most recent race.

Most people would be smart enough to shut up by now.

So gullible and so stupid.

Stick to swims with 8 year olds, creep.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 03:44 PM
"... but the front distal cannon bone problem is the root cause of her getting sore behind, and it is dangerous because it will progress if we keep training and could lead to a more severe fracture because of its shape."

"She needs to stop, it is not safe to train on at this time."

An owner seeing those line in a vet report will say "Gee, doc, what would happen if we did train on and the more severe fracture occurred?" Then the vet would tell him what Porter says he heard that isn't in the report.

First post in almost two years, huh? Go back under your rock.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 03:45 PM

Because they are emotionally caught up and thought she was the next coming of Ruffian.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 03:48 PM
"She has proximal suspensory ligament desmitis in both hind limbs. This is what is limiting her performance, but she is talented enough to be competitive in spite of this. This is older than her most recent race, as the inflamation is progressing down into the body of the suspensory ligament which takes some time."

The vet report clearly says that she wasn't racing at her full potential in her last race (i.e. Saturday) because of the hind end problem, and that it has been an issue for some time.

How much did you and your 35 cats cry on Saturday?

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 03:48 PM
First post in almost two years, huh? Go back under your rock.

Sorry, not interested in staying at your place.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Sorry, not interested in staying at your place.

You weren't invited. I was mentioning the rock you live under with your 35 cats.

Non bettors unite!

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 03:55 PM
How much did you and your 35 cats cry on Saturday?

Not a bit, as I bet on Forever Unbridled.

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 03:58 PM
You weren't invited. I was mentioning the rock you live under with your 35 cats.

Non bettors unite!

It's a shame your ego is so fragile that you can't handle factual correction without heaping personal abuse on the factbearer.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 04:02 PM
It's a shame your ego is so fragile that you can't handle factual correction without heaping personal abuse on the factbearer.

It's a shame you've had a hard on for me for years. I'm used to it.

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 04:11 PM
It's a shame you've had a hard on for me for years. I'm used to it.

After living with your delusions for all these years I'm sure you are used to them.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 04:16 PM
After living with your delusions for all these years I'm sure you are used to them.

Kind of like how you're used to the smell of cat piss after living with 35 cats all these years.

No offense but you're boring me. You and the creepy non bettor think one way. I tend to not take the words of an emotional owner at face value. We're not going to agree on this.

Spalding No!
09-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Lack of Google and a short term memory?

Porter quotes:

On Songbird’s 4yo campaign:

12/08/16
I don’t see any reason for ego or prestige or anything. That doesn’t do it for me. I wanna do what I think is best for the horse…

01/05/17

…I'd like to win the Delaware Handicap and get my name up on that plaque forever, since I'm from Delaware…

On Songbird’s physical status:

12/08/16
Porter had her undergo a full-blown physical exam under the supervision of veterinarian Dr. Larry Bramlage following the Breeders’ Cup and all test results came back OK.

08/31/17
Over the winter, Songbird had bone bruising and a specific area was very slow to heal. She was finally cleared to return…

On Songbird’s recent vet report:

Porter: “…they vanned her (to Rood & Riddle), and as soon as she came off ... Bramlage said he noticed right away that she was off behind…”

Vet Report: “She is nearly symmetrical in both hind, so when she is moving in a straight line it is not obvious…”

Porter: “…he got to the front end—which he thinks was caused by the back end—that was major.”

Vet Report: “… the front distal cannon bone problem is the root cause of her getting sore behind…”
__________________________________________________ ____________

It would be interesting to see what “specific area” of bone bruising was slow to heal during the winter. My top 2 choices (in order of preference):

1) right front distal cannon bone
2) anywhere else

I haven’t seen all the comments to the media, but if it is being implied that all these findings are new or coming as a surprise to the owner, then I’d suggest that a very specific narrative is being played out in the press. Especially considering the glaring contradictions between the retirement announcement quotes and the actual vet report.

That’s not to say that Songbird’s chronic injuries haven’t reached a point where she indeed ought to be retired.

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Kind of like how you're used to the smell of cat piss after living with 35 cats all these years.

No offense but you're boring me. You and the creepy non bettor think one way. I tend to not take the words of an emotional owner at face value. We're not going to agree on this.

Disagreement over facts isn't a matter of opinion. It means one person is wrong, and that person would be you. You've been wrong about a dozen things on this subject. Only someone who is so stupid that they don't recognize their own stupidity keeps on adding to their stupidity total.

So now you're in a fight with yet ANOTHER person here, all because they dared to show you how you were wrong. No, it can't be Dahoss, it has to be everyone else.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Disagreement over facts isn't a matter of opinion. It means one person is wrong, and that person would be you. You've been wrong about a dozen things on this subject. Only someone who is so stupid that they don't recognize their own stupidity keeps on adding to their stupidity total.

So now you're in a fight with yet ANOTHER person here, all because they dared to show you how you were wrong. No, it can't be Dahoss, it has to be everyone else.

I love the choir boy routine as if you don't fight with people.

I seem to recall a thread you started whining about CJ...whose like the nicest guy in the world because he disagreed with you. Like now, you carried on like an emotional teenager then too. :lol::lol::lol:

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Lack of Google and a short term memory?

Porter quotes:

On Songbird’s 4yo campaign:

12/08/16
I don’t see any reason for ego or prestige or anything. That doesn’t do it for me. I wanna do what I think is best for the horse…

01/05/17

…I'd like to win the Delaware Handicap and get my name up on that plaque forever, since I'm from Delaware…

On Songbird’s physical status:

12/08/16
Porter had her undergo a full-blown physical exam under the supervision of veterinarian Dr. Larry Bramlage following the Breeders’ Cup and all test results came back OK.

08/31/17
Over the winter, Songbird had bone bruising and a specific area was very slow to heal. She was finally cleared to return…

On Songbird’s recent vet report:

Porter: “…they vanned her (to Rood & Riddle), and as soon as she came off ... Bramlage said he noticed right away that she was off behind…”

Vet Report: “She is nearly symmetrical in both hind, so when she is moving in a straight line it is not obvious…”

Porter: “…he got to the front end—which he thinks was caused by the back end—that was major.”

Vet Report: “… the front distal cannon bone problem is the root cause of her getting sore behind…”
__________________________________________________ ____________

It would be interesting to see what “specific area” of bone bruising was slow to heal during the winter. My top 2 choices (in order of preference):

1) right front distal cannon bone
2) anywhere else

I haven’t seen all the comments to the media, but if it is being implied that all these findings are new or coming as a surprise to the owner, then I’d suggest that a very specific narrative is being played out in the press. Especially considering the glaring contradictions between the retirement announcement quotes and the actual vet report.

That’s not to say that Songbird’s chronic injuries haven’t reached a point where she indeed ought to be retired.

Sharp post

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 05:37 PM

I didn't quote the owner. I quoted the non-emotional vet who said, "She needs to stop, it is not safe to train on at this time."

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 06:31 PM
No one wants to take a crack at what Spalding said? I'm shocked :lol::lol::lol:

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 06:37 PM
No one wants to take a crack at what Spalding said? I'm shocked :lol::lol::lol:

Deflecting again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Cat must have their tongue. Pun intended. :lol::lol::lol:

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Cat must have their tongue. Pun intended. :lol::lol::lol:

Still deflecting. Try admitting you were wrong about what the vet report said. It will make you feel better.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 07:36 PM
My guess is closer to 40-50 cats actually. Probably a hoarder too.

But I'm important enough to bring her out of a 2 year hiatus to continue a non existent grudge and to protect the rep of non betting internet experts everywhere.

I'm flattered. :kiss:

FenceBored
09-01-2017, 08:32 PM
My guess is closer to 40-50 cats actually. Probably a hoarder too.

But I'm important enough to bring her out of a 2 year hiatus to continue a non existent grudge and to protect the rep of non betting internet experts everywhere.

I'm flattered. :kiss:

And the deflection goes on. :popcorn:

clocker7
09-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Exaggerated rationalizations for failure are hardly new. The Secretariat crew set the record in that regard, when it came to the Whitney. By 2013, they were confessing to gross animal abuse to protect their pet's reputation. Instead of conceding that Turcotte gave him a crappy ride down on a dead rail.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 10:02 PM
And the deflection goes on. :popcorn:

In your (unsuccessful) attempt to one up me to continue your years old feud, you seem to have missed what I said about the vet report.

Fager Fraud said Bramlage said her running in the Personal Ensign was life threatening. I disputed that and nowhere in the vet report did it say that.

He was taking Porter's incorrect interpretation of what was said. Hence, believing what an emotional owner was saying and being the gullible douche he is.

Now that we've cleared that up, are you going to address Spalding's post at all, or are you not able to?

Fager Fan
09-01-2017, 11:05 PM
In your (unsuccessful) attempt to one up me to continue your years old feud, you seem to have missed what I said about the vet report.

Fager Fraud said Bramlage said her running in the Personal Ensign was life threatening. I disputed that and nowhere in the vet report did it say that.

He was taking Porter's incorrect interpretation of what was said. Hence, believing what an emotional owner was saying and being the gullible douche he is.

Now that we've cleared that up, are you going to address Spalding's post at all, or are you not able to?

What the hell do you think "dangerous" means when warned by a vet, you idiot? That the injury could cause a bad hair day? It means that the horse could suffer a catastrophic breakdown. What an f'n idiot you are.

I'd tell you to stick to handicapping but I"m sure you're a loser at that too. Let me guess, you don't have a woman because no woman would stay with such a vile character as you. Is there anything at all that you're not a total loser at? I'm guessing not.

You were wrong in about a dozen things you said, and instead of admitting it, you've gone on a deflection crusade being vile to everyone who disputes you and the owner of this filly. You are one f'n poor excuse for a human being.

Dahoss9698
09-01-2017, 11:36 PM
What the hell do you think "dangerous" means when warned by a vet, you idiot? That the injury could cause a bad hair day? It means that the horse could suffer a catastrophic breakdown. What an f'n idiot you are.

I'd tell you to stick to handicapping but I"m sure you're a loser at that too. Let me guess, you don't have a woman because no woman would stay with such a vile character as you. Is there anything at all that you're not a total loser at? I'm guessing not.

You were wrong in about a dozen things you said, and instead of admitting it, you've gone on a deflection crusade being vile to everyone who disputes you and the owner of this filly. You are one f'n poor excuse for a human being.

You're so on tilt and I'm sitting here laughing. :lol::lol::lol:

Again, at no point did Bramlage say running her Saturday was life threatening. You said that because that's what Porter said and you're a gullible little man.
I've hurt your fragile little ego these last few weeks and you just can't handle it .:lol::lol::lol:

Since I'm so wrong, it should be very easy for you to produce the report and prove me where Bramlage says it was life threatening to run her Saturday, you've had all day to do it and haven't. Wonder why.

The report says it could be dangerous to go on. Not that it was dangerous Saturday. In your lame attempt to prove your worth to a bunch of strangers, you keep moving the goalposts.

Are you really gong to deny you're not overly emotional over this filly? You started a thread talking about how you were more excited to watch her run (but not bet because you're a coward who doesn't) than the very competitive Belmont. Did you and the neighborhood kids create cool signs to watch her race?

Lets face it....I'm better at your game than you and it's driving you CRAZY.

Lastly, you keep ignoring Spalding's post. Any reason why?