PDA

View Full Version : AOL charged!

so.cal.fan
02-26-2002, 11:25 AM
My friend JesseV was kind enough to send me this link:
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20020226/D7HTDUH80.html

He remembered about few years, we had to quit AOL because we recieved credit card charges from two of their advertisers in Florida.
One was for $90 and the other two were around $70 or $80.
My husband fortunately checks our bank statements very carefully.
Many people do not. He called the "companies" and the charges were removed, no questions. The next month, we got some MORE!!!
When I called AOL to ask to not pay with my credit card for ISP, they refused. They have since changed that rule. Anyway, they were very rude, and laughed at me for complaining.
I immediately trashed my AOL software, cancelled and signed on with another company, who let us pay from our bank checking, I do not use credit cards over the internet.
This is really sad, because it is no coincidence that this has depressed E-business, not to mention our stock.
It will come back, but there are going to have to be some big corrections.

Tom
02-26-2002, 09:54 PM
I dumped AOL years ago-they are just plain b*st8rds and I would give up the net before I would ever do business with them.
DO NOT TRUST AOL......they are not reputable. You be better off givning you vredit card number to the taliban!

Tom

Lefty
02-27-2002, 12:34 PM
I told someone at AOL one time that they were worse than the Mafia. But I kept getting sales calls from them. I gave a salesperson once a long list of reasons I would never use AOL again or anybody associated with them. She said, "I fully understand sir. Oh, while I have you on the line, would you like to sign up for Compuserve?"
You can't insult these people.

ranchwest
03-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Lefty,

Your message reminded me of the telemarketer who called me on Super Bowl Sunday. He didn't even know what the Super Bowl was. I told him he wasn't going to sell anything that day, go home and I hung up.

I don't expect folks to speak our language or know our customs, but dang it, learn what the Super Bowl is! Where's your priorities?

Tom
03-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ranchwest
Lefty,

Your message reminded me of the telemarketer who called me on Super Bowl Sunday. He didn't even know what the Super Bowl was. I told him he wasn't going to sell anything that day, go home and I hung up.

I don't expect folks to speak our language or know our customs, but dang it, learn what the Super Bowl is! Where's your priorities?

If someone wants to live in this country, I say learn the damn language. And if you don't, for God's sake, don't take a job where you have to deal with the public. If your native culture is so important, why are you here in the first place? Many, many people come here to enjoy freedom and make a life for themselves-that is what the USA is all about. But they realize they have responsibilities as citizens. And if the only contribution you can make to our country is that of a telemarketer, then I think you are bettor off back home. We have more than our share of native-born wothless people. Telemarketers offer nothing of value to our way of life or our culture.

But I could be wrong (not!) :rolleyes:
Tom

sq764
03-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Except for Chinese people, they make a mean Tai Chien chicken.. As long as they understand 'K1 special', that's fine with me..