PDA

View Full Version : Love this horse today at DEL MAR (WRITEUP)

gabe
08-26-2017, 07:27 PM
Race 7......

#4 GATO DEL ORO 4-1 ML

This colt is in great form and we have not seen the best from him. 2 SUPERB WORKS on tab and finds a tough field but a field filled with horses who aren't fully cranked. Gato has shown that he loves DEL MAR and we should get a good price here. Ran a MONSTER RACE in last with top two runners 8 3/4 lengths in front of 3rd horse in a 10 race field. I LOVE THIS ONE...

ultracapper
08-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Not as madly over the top about these 2 as you are about your's, but I like these 2.

8th :9: Irish Goodbye- Finishes well every time. Has the positional speed to be where he'll need to be turning for home. Another Desormeaux Brothers presentation.

10th :4: Tatar- There are a couple stretching out sprinters in this field, and they are the ones he'll have to duel into submission. Not much in the way of closers or two turn duration speed. I see this one being forward, if not right on the lead, and grinding it out to the wire.

If you figure out the 9th, let me know. We'll have an ice cold P4.

ultracapper
08-26-2017, 08:03 PM
And you thought you were sharing a secret. Damn, they're all over it.

Sneaky one to add in the 8th.

:6: Tyler's Tek- Blasted home both times at Turf Paradise. Showed a more forward approach last time, and it should have worked. Undocumented traffic issues in the stretch may very well have kept him out of the winner's circle at 57-1. He should have had the jump on the closers, but just couldn't get clear. GStevens tries him again. No recorded works since last raced makes you wonder a little, but if he runs to form, he very well may be right on the wire. I think the :9: just may be a better race horse however, and KentD gets along with him very nicely.

ultracapper
08-26-2017, 08:32 PM
No way I take that price (2/1) on :9: when I have another horse I feel pretty confident can win at this level, and it's 10/1. I'll play the :6: all day at this price differential.