PDA

View Full Version : The Trump That Matters

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-26-2017, 07:48 AM
1. Appointed Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch

2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria

3. Took us out of TPP

4. Illegal immigration is down 70% ( the lowest in 17 years)

5. Consumer confidence index highest since 2000 at 125.6

6. Mortgage applications for new homes have risen to a 7-year high

7. Arranged for a 20% tariff on soft lumber from Canada

8. Has begun building border wall

9. Pulled out of the lopsided Paris Accord

10. Approved Keystone Pipeline

11. Got NATO allies to boost spending by 4.3%

12. Allowing VA to terminate bad employees

13. Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans

14. More than 600,000 jobs created

15. Median household income at a 7-year high

16. Stock market at an all-time high

17. China agreed to import American beef

18. $89 billion saved (so far) in regulation rollbacks

19. Rollback of regulations boosts coal mining

20. MOAB for ISIS

21. Travel ban reinstated

22. Issued executive order protecting religious freedom

23. Jump-started NASA

24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget

25. Targeting of MS13 gangs

26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants

27. Signed 41 bills to date

28. Created a commission on child trafficking

29. Created a commission on voter fraud

30. Created a commission on opioids addiction

31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients

32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007

33. Historic Black College University initiative

34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act

35. Created an office to aid victims of illegal immigrant crime

36. Reversed Dodd-Frank

37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning

38. Issued order to stop crimes against law enforcement

39. End of DAPA program

40. Stopped companies from moving out of America

41. Promoting business to create American jobs

42. Encouraging country to once again 'buy American’ and ‘hire American’

43. Cutting two regulations for every one created

44. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they put ‘America First’

45. Created apprentice program

46. Highest manufacturing surge in three years

47. $78 billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota, etc.

48. Denied FBI a new building

49. $700 million saved (so far) with F-35 renegotiation

50. Saved $22 million (so far) through reduction of White House payroll

51. Department of Treasury reports a $182-billion surplus for April 2017 (2nd largest in history)

52. Negotiated the release of 6 U.S. humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt

53. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years

54. Signed an executive order to promote energy independence and economic growth

55. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people's lives than any President in the history of America

56. President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Harry Truman

57. Has given the head of each government branch 6 months (from March 15, 2017) to ‘trim the fat’ and to restructure and improve efficacy

58. And – he refused his Presidential paycheck, donating it instead to ‘Veterans’ Issues’

59. First shipment of coal to Ukraine from Pa. yesterday

Not surprisingly, the ‘Left’ – and the left-leaning mainstream media – refuses to acknowledge any of this. In fact, they will doanything

to make it appear otherwise. But ‘the people’ aren’t stupid. They see clearly what is going on, all the good that Donald Trump is doing

for our country – and they love it!

Clocker
08-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Please cite the source of cut and paste material.

There are so many things on that list that are wrong or irrelevant or not his doing, I am not going to waste time explaining.

How many of his major campaign promises has he even seriously started on, let alone gotten done?

Repeal and replace ObamaCare? Deport 12 million illegals? Put huge tariffs on Chinese imports? Cut taxes? Pull out of NAFTA? Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it?

johnhannibalsmith
08-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Oh Clocker, just face south, get on your rug, and give thanks.

Clocker
08-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Oh Clocker, just face south, get on your rug, and give thanks.

South?

Actually, I am very thankful. Trump beating Hillary was the best possible outcome, given a race between two really bad candidates. And I am also thankful that Trump has been unable to implement some of his dumber plans, like punitive tariffs and mass deportations. I'd be even more thankful if he could really work with Congress to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Tom
08-26-2017, 10:32 AM
If Hillary won, that list would be:

With Trump detractors, the list being reported is 100% false.

Imagine what Ralph's list would be like if the POS 100% useless Congress had the balls to stand up and represent American instead of themselves!

There is only on man in DC worth supporting. Trump.

I guess go-getters like Mitch McConnell are preferable to some. :puke:

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Please cite the source of cut and paste material.

There are so many things on that list that are wrong or irrelevant or not his doing, I am not going to waste time explaining.

How many of his major campaign promises has he even seriously started on, let alone gotten done?

Repeal and replace ObamaCare? Deport 12 million illegals? Put huge tariffs on Chinese imports? Cut taxes? Pull out of NAFTA? Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it?

What you meant to say is, things you didn't want to happen in your Obama-view.

This wasn't my list. It was sent to me, and I know most of them are true. I agree that some on the list were irrelevant, but so much was true and important I did just COPY and paste his entire list. (Its amazing how many people don't know the difference between CUT and COPY.)

Tell us the things for which you disapprove. I enjoy allowing folks to see how those on the left think.

Clocker
08-27-2017, 12:33 AM

You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

There are few on this forum who have been bigger critics of Obama than me. And fewer that have gotten more grief from the Obama fan boys.

Try paying attention. And please document with facts where what I posted was wrong.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-27-2017, 12:55 AM
You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

There are few on this forum who have been bigger critics of Obama than me. And fewer that have gotten more grief from the Obama fan boys.

Try paying attention. And please document with facts where what I posted was wrong.

Show me one fact you posted, and I will be pleased to agree or disagree. Per your list of questions, ALL OF THEM have been started or completed (per the list) or are in the hands of Congress.

Trump never said HUGE tariffs on China. He clearly said that the current deals are terrible and they would be re-negotiated.

Glad to read you have been paying attention and have been a critic of Obama policies. Sorry if I react to posts and not to the poster's history. My bad. Unfortunately I will make that mistake again in the future. Chalk that up to one of my many weaknesses.

ElKabong
08-27-2017, 12:55 AM

This wasn't my list. It was sent to me, and I know most of them are true. I agree that some on the list were irrelevant, but so much was true and important I did just COPY and paste his entire list. (Its amazing how many people don't know the difference between CUT and COPY.)

Tell us the things for which you disapprove. I enjoy allowing folks to see how those on the left think.

And Mexico is paying for this wall.... Lol

Good thing we repealed obamacare as promised. That trump guy knows how to work with leaders of both parties. Otherwise we'd have the same old crappy obamacare....

He "locked her up".... Right??

And the way he's treated his AG and McConnell....damn, does he know how to whip a team into shape to fight a winning battle, or what....

LMAO.... At you and anybody else that thought trump would succeed as Potus.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-27-2017, 12:59 AM

Good thing we repealed obamacare as promised. That trump guy knows how to work with leaders of both parties. Otherwise we'd have the same old crappy obamacare....

And the way he's treated his AG and McConnell....damn, does he know how to whip a team into shape to fight a winning battle, or what....

LMAO.... At you and anybody else that thought trump would succeed as Potus.

The wall is in progress. Don't know if he will make Mexico pay for it. Never understood that one. None of us who want a wall ever thought about Mexico paying for it. But since that was all you could come up with, I guess you agree that the list is pretty amazing.

Good to see him fighting with people in his own party. GOP career politicians are just as much part of the swap as Democrats.

ElKabong
08-27-2017, 01:42 AM
The wall is in progress. Don't know if he will make Mexico pay for it. Never understood that one. None of us who want a wall ever thought about Mexico paying for it. But since that was all you could come up with, I guess you agree that the list is pretty amazing.

Good to see him fighting with people in his own party. GOP career politicians are just as much part of the swap as Democrats.

You give the wacked out right much to be proud of. Blinkers ON.

dkithore
08-27-2017, 06:29 AM
Jess:

Wonderful recounting Of Pres. Trumps continuing accomplishments. I am proud to say he is our leader. For those seeing the glass half-empty are also correct that campaign promises are work-in-progress. No one can deny what he is doing is extra ordinary. :ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
08-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Imagine if Jess didn't have "friends" to send him material to post here? It'd be a bunch of threads where the ridiculous word wackadoodle is the focus.

Clocker
08-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Show me one fact you posted, and I will be pleased to agree or disagree. Per your list of questions, ALL OF THEM have been started or completed (per the list) or are in the hands of Congress.

A few at random:

From CNBC in July:
Mortgage rates just saw their biggest jump since the presidential election, and that took a heavy toll on demand for home loans.

Total mortgage application volume fell 7.4 percent last week from the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association's seasonally adjusted report. Volume was 36 percent lower than a year ago.

Wow, he must be tired from all that work. How many of those bills enacted changes Trump promised to make?

You mean like Carrier in Indiana, where all those jobs he "saved" last year will be gone by Xmas?

Evidence of any results? Same for items 54, 55, 56 and many others. Lots of pronouncements on that list, little or no proof of results. I see nothing on that list regarding any of the big promises Trump made in the campaign, the promises that got him elected.

Trump never said HUGE tariffs on China. He clearly said that the current deals are terrible and they would be re-negotiated.
Donald J. Trump said he would favor a 45 percent tariff on Chinese exports to the United States, proposing the idea during a wide-ranging meeting with members of the editorial board of The New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/07/donald-trump-says-he-favors-big-tariffs-on-chinese-exports/ (https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/07/donald-trump-says-he-favors-big-tariffs-on-chinese-exports/)

Tom
08-27-2017, 10:41 AM
Well now, if you are going to resort to facts....sheeze!

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-27-2017, 11:04 AM
A few at random:

From CNBC in July:

Wow, he must be tired from all that work. How many of those bills enacted changes Trump promised to make?

You mean like Carrier in Indiana, where all those jobs he "saved" last year will be gone by Xmas?

Evidence of any results? Same for items 54, 55, 56 and many others. Lots of pronouncements on that list, little or no proof of results. I see nothing on that list regarding any of the big promises Trump made in the campaign, the promises that got him elected.

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/07/donald-trump-says-he-favors-big-tariffs-on-chinese-exports/ (https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/07/donald-trump-says-he-favors-big-tariffs-on-chinese-exports/)

And as we all know, The New York Times would NEVER take President Trump quotes out of context. :eek:

Remember when the unemployment lines were out the doors? Take a walk over there now. Those folks will be glad to have someone to talk to.

You picked ONE company (Carrier) as proof it isn't true. You definitely have a future in politics. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can actually find more. Unsuccessful business will continue to fail in a capitalist society and people will be put out of work. So if you want to ignore the amazing progress, and focus on fringe statistics, you will never understand why President Trump remains unalterably popular with those who voted for him.

As for your reference to 54, 55 and 56 from the list, those are President Trump's most significant accomplishments -- but you just brush them aside.

Sorry you are unaware of the significant deregulation that has already taken place. That is a major reason why the stock market has been so strong. (IMO, the rise has been so unprecedented, a correction should be coming soon.)

Clocker
08-27-2017, 11:42 AM
And as we all know, The New York Times would NEVER take President Trump quotes out of context. :eek:

Any proof that they did? OK, how about Forbes?

Donald Trump’s campaign rhetoric focused to a large extent on disparaging China’s trade and currency practices. He has said that “China is responsible for nearly half of our entire trade deficit,” and if elected President, he would label the Asian powerhouse a “currency manipulator” and impose tariffs up to 45% on imports from China.https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahsu/2016/11/14/how-far-can-trump-go-on-chinese-trade-policy/#54378e9f1dd1

You picked ONE company (Carrier) as proof it isn't true.According to CNN Money, the CEO of Ford Mexico Gabriel Lopez announced that Ford will go forward with building two plants in Mexico. An engine plant in Chihuahua, and a transmission plant in Irapuato.

Ford got a lot of attention last month when it dropped its plans to build a $1.6 billion assembly plant in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. But the small car production originally planned for the discontinued San Luis Potosi plant is shifting to an existing Ford Mexican assembly plant, not returning to the U.S.http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/17/ford-goes-forward-with-plans-to-build-plants-in-mexico-after-all/

As for your reference to 54, 55 and 56 from the list, those are President Trump's most significant accomplishments -- but you just brush them aside. Because I have seen no evidence of any accomplishment, and you provided none.

I am very happy that Trump beat Hillary. She would have been a disaster for the country. I am even happier that Trump has mostly ineffective in getting his crazier policies enacted. He is clearly incapable of working with Congress. This is mostly a good thing, except for a few good policies he promised and has made no serious attempt to deliver on, like O-Care repeal and tax reform.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-27-2017, 12:26 PM
This can go around forever. If you think the New York Times has the remotest chance of being unbiased with their reporting, there is no need to continue. So this is my last post on the subject.

The evidence of his significant accomplishments are there if you choose to seek them out. You choose to seek out the words of more Trump haters instead. Since there is no chance I have agreed with, or will agree with, everything President Trump says and does, I am not going to get involved with defending each item.

But from what I have read and observed, this list that was sent to me is significantly accurate with some items unquantifiable. Trump supporters know it. Trump haters will never admit to it.

Clocker
08-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Presented as one of Trump's greatest accomplishments:

55. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people's lives than any President in the history of AmericaCongress just passed, and Trump signed into law, a bill giving the Washington, D.C., transit police the power to conduct searches of private premises in parts of VA, MD & DC without a warrant.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-26/congress-quietly-passed-bill-allowing-warrantless-searches-homes-only-1-opposed-it

jms62
08-27-2017, 01:28 PM
This can go around forever. If you think the New York Times has the remotest chance of being unbiased with their reporting, there is no need to continue. So this is my last post on the subject.

The evidence of his significant accomplishments are there if you choose to seek them out. You choose to seek out the words of more Trump haters instead. Since there is no chance I have agreed with, or will agree with, everything President Trump says and does, I am not going to get involved with defending each item.

But from what I have read and observed, this list that was sent to me is significantly accurate with some items unquantifiable. Trump supporters know it. Trump haters will never admit to it.

And Clocker will continue destroying your position forever. You are unable to defend the nonsense you plagiarized and this post is your lame attempt to throw in the towel:D

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-27-2017, 02:42 PM
And Clocker will continue destroying your position forever. You are unable to defend the nonsense you plagiarized and this post is your lame attempt to throw in the towel:D

I wasn't going to go round and round with Clocker on this issue. But we have a new country heard from. The fact is I DID defend everything I posted, and there was no reason to go on around any more. I don't expect Trump haters to pay any attention to the explanations -- and you are just one more.

Do you have any specifics you think are wrong, or is the sum total of your awareness of issues tied up in your laughing emoji?

BTW, a little help with plagiarism. That is where you claim to have originated something that you did not. As has been stated, that list was a copy and paste from a friend. He may have created it himself, or he forwarded it. Don't know. I stated that imo his opinions (whether original or sent because he was in agreement) were on the money.

Clocker
08-27-2017, 02:56 PM
The fact is I DID defend everything I posted, and there was no reason to go on around any more. I don't expect Trump haters to pay any attention to the explanations -- and you are just one more.

You DID NOT defend everything you posted. You said:

The evidence of his significant accomplishments are there if you choose to seek them out. And speaking only for myself, I am not a Trump hater. I prefer him as the lesser of two evils. But he and his supporters are fair game when they are clueless about what he has done, or just plain lie about it.

woodtoo
08-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks Jess but a lot of people have a hard time seeing America move forward, think DTS. Its only been 6 months and he is changing the world to be a better place.:ThmbUp:
Let the wackadoogles do what they do best...wack. :pound:

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Thanks Jess but a lot of people have a hard time seeing America move forward, think DTS. Its only been 6 months and he is changing the world to be a better place.:ThmbUp:
Let the wackadoogles do what they do best...wack. :pound:

I've produced more concise lists in the that the Trump haters choose to ignore. I'll do that again, today, if I get a chance.

This list I received contains more than I would include. But I chose to post it (without editing) because nothing is "really" wrong. It provides a real feel for the amazing accomplishments of President Trump despite the forces of the liberal hate machine and strong opposition from the establishment of both political parties.

When I produce my short list, you will all enjoy the last one which was ignored on this list, but is one of my favorites.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2017, 02:23 PM

LMAO.... At you and anybody else that thought trump would succeed as Potus.Is it my imagination, or weren't you an anti-Trump guy before the election, but not too long after the election, you were warming up to him...but now all of a sudden, you're back on the Trump is the worst _____ bandwagon again?

Why all the back and forth?

jimmyb
09-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Is it my imagination, or weren't you an anti-Trump guy before the election, but not too long after the election, you were warming up to him...but now all of a sudden, you're back on the Trump is the worst _____ bandwagon again?

Why all the back and forth?

It's your imagination. I was for JEB and went with Trump after the primary. I voted for Trump and joined here in March of this year.

It's your imagination.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2017, 02:48 PM
It's your imagination. I was for JEB and went with Trump after the primary. I voted for Trump and joined here in March of this year.

It's your imagination.Wait, I thought my question was to Elkabong...or are you answering for him?

ElKabong
09-05-2017, 02:52 PM
I haven't changed at all. He was the better bad choice, but he's still a bad choice.

He isn't getting things done, mostly because he can't or won't work with other people. Red or blue. This is being played out in front of our eyes. A lot of posters here indicated that would be the case. So far it is

It was fun watching the liberal meltdown, and it's still playing out. Just because I poke fun at libs don't get the idea I'm all in for trump. Never was the case

The one thing i wanted to see him follow thru strongly on is illegal immigration. Today's tossing it over the wall to congress is disappointing, but let's let it play out. I have hope for him yet on the subject.

Most everything else, I had low expectations. He is what he is. A liar... At least he's a better choice than Hilary.

jimmyb
09-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Wait, I thought my question was to Elkabong...or are you answering for him?

OMG!!! I had surgery Wednesday but it was far from my brain or I am developing alzheimers. Those are the only explanations I have. LOL

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2017, 02:57 PM
OMG!!! I had surgery Wednesday but it was far from my brain or I am developing alzheimers. Those are the only explanations I have. LOLNo worries...hope you recover fully and quickly...:ThmbUp:

Clocker
09-05-2017, 03:48 PM
I haven't changed at all. He was the better bad choice, but he's still a bad choice.

He isn't getting things done, mostly because he can't or won't work with other people. Red or blue. This is being played out in front of our eyes. A lot of posters here indicated that would be the case. So far it is

The alt-right doesn't recognize nuance. You either love him or you hate him. I saw him as the lesser of two (or more) evils and was happy he won, even though I couldn't bring myself to vote for any evil. But that doesn't give him a pass from people pointing out when the emperor has no clothes.

For the most part I am happy that he is not getting much done. All of his achievements that the Trumpsters brag about consist of signing EOs or bills put in front of him. He was quoted the other day as telling Kelly that he wanted someone to bring him tariffs to sign. Tariffs especially don't need to get done. They would be particularly harmful to the economy.

But a couple of things that do need to be done are an O-care fix and tax reform. Some portion of the recent GOP O-care fiasco has to be put on the lack of leadership from the White House, and without such leadership, there will never be any meaningful tax reform.

mostpost
09-07-2017, 06:28 PM
1. Appointed Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch

2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria

3. Took us out of TPP

4. Illegal immigration is down 70% ( the lowest in 17 years)

5. Consumer confidence index highest since 2000 at 125.6

7. Arranged for a 20% tariff on soft lumber from Canada

8. Has begun building border wall

9. Pulled out of the lopsided Paris Accord

10. Approved Keystone Pipeline

11. Got NATO allies to boost spending by 4.3%

12. Allowing VA to terminate bad employees

13. Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans

14. More than 600,000 jobs created

15. Median household income at a 7-year high

16. Stock market at an all-time high

17. China agreed to import American beef

18. $89 billion saved (so far) in regulation rollbacks

19. Rollback of regulations boosts coal mining

20. MOAB for ISIS

21. Travel ban reinstated

22. Issued executive order protecting religious freedom

23. Jump-started NASA

24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget

25. Targeting of MS13 gangs

26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants

28. Created a commission on child trafficking

29. Created a commission on voter fraud

30. Created a commission on opioids addiction

31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients

32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007

33. Historic Black College University initiative

34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act

35. Created an office to aid victims of illegal immigrant crime

36. Reversed Dodd-Frank

37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning

38. Issued order to stop crimes against law enforcement

39. End of DAPA program

42. Encouraging country to once again 'buy American’ and ‘hire American’

43. Cutting two regulations for every one created

44. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they put ‘America First’

45. Created apprentice program

46. Highest manufacturing surge in three years

47. $78 billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota, etc.

48. Denied FBI a new building

49. $700 million saved (so far) with F-35 renegotiation

50. Saved $22 million (so far) through reduction of White House payroll

51. Department of Treasury reports a $182-billion surplus for April 2017 (2nd largest in history)

52. Negotiated the release of 6 U.S. humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt

53. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years

54. Signed an executive order to promote energy independence and economic growth

55. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people's lives than any President in the history of America

56. President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Harry Truman

57. Has given the head of each government branch 6 months (from March 15, 2017) to ‘trim the fat’ and to restructure and improve efficacy

58. And – he refused his Presidential paycheck, donating it instead to ‘Veterans’ Issues’

59. First shipment of coal to Ukraine from Pa. yesterday

Not surprisingly, the ‘Left’ – and the left-leaning mainstream media – refuses to acknowledge any of this. In fact, they will doanything

to make it appear otherwise. But ‘the people’ aren’t stupid. They see clearly what is going on, all the good that Donald Trump is doing

for our country – and they love it!
Even Clocker knows how dumb this list is.

fast4522
09-07-2017, 08:08 PM

I seriously don't see Clocker as any qualified expert, no disrespect to Clocker. I and many here would qualify you as expert to all points left. Policy that is not what Hillary Clinton would have been is a big change from the Barack Hussein Obama years, this you can qualify me to know. This United States of America swept from office for the next 3+ years a degenerate policy machine in its tracks, with a little luck we will freeze that out for a full 8 years. It is ok that you do not agree, after all this is one of the jewels about being an American. As long as more prefer what is the United States over all the country's you hold in high esteem we will be in good shape and outlive you and your views. Truth is Dumb can often be attributed to most of your posts, everyone has a slant but no one can match your posts for content. We all call each other out here when we lump garbage, looking forward for more posts to call out.

Parkview_Pirate
09-07-2017, 08:20 PM

Not any dumber than the list you proudly posted of HRC's "accomplishments"....

These days we get to be critical of Trump instead of HRC as she ran the worst campaign for the White House in history. 40 years of public "service" where her failures had far outshined her achievements. And now we get to read her new "book of blame" for some more laughs. She needs to remember the old Chinese proverb about pointing fingers - there are three fingers pointed back at you.

As for Trump, his impact so far is relatively minimal. He's totally flopped on the most important issue (the economy), where suspect job numbers and a stock market bubble are now good.

https://schiffgold.com/videos/crappy-economy-difference-trumps-not-candidate-video/

I think it's safe to say the country is as divided, if not more so, then the day before the election. I think it's safe to say the world is at least as dangerous, if not more so, then before the election. Our foreign policy is still a shambles.

Trump has many limitations of the office, but he's not hesitant to jump up and take credit for a good result - so he's gonna get hosed big time when things continue heading south. I say he's got only a 50-50 shot to finish his term.

woodtoo
09-12-2017, 12:28 PM
S&P closed at new record high for 30th time under PDJT. Sept.11 2017

Clocker
09-12-2017, 12:35 PM

And he did it all by himself, without any help from his new best friends, Chuck and Nancy.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-12-2017, 12:38 PM

Wow -- this list is still getting under your skin after all this time. Thanks for acknowledging how much is the truth.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-12-2017, 12:39 PM

Shh. That's a well kept secret by the left wing media. Keep it to yourself.

woodtoo
09-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Incredible poll at Washington Examiner. Seniors LOVE PDJT.:headbanger:

reckless
09-12-2017, 08:59 PM
And he did it all by himself, without any help from his new best friends, Chuck and Nancy.

It is true Trump did it all by himself -- businesses and the markets look to the future and they saw a rosy future economically thanks to Trump; a spanking new USA less burdened by corruption, regulation and onerous taxation, and we all saw a country returning to the Rule of Law, unlike what we've dealt with under the closeted un-American Obama and would have also dealt with under the despicable, criminal and hateful Hillary!

Chuck and Nancy had nothing to do with this new prosperity either, nor has McConnell and Ryan done anything too -- except to throttle Trump's winning and popular agenda.

Could anyone on here imagine where the Dow Jones or S & P would be today if all these idiot RINOs did their share in getting this country moving? If the GOP passed laws repealing ObamaCare or passed a Tax Reform bill as they promised they would during the past 7 + years, the market would be in the heavens right now.

No, most of you cannot imagine all that, I am convinced.

fast4522
09-12-2017, 09:47 PM
It is true Trump did it all by himself -- businesses and the markets look to the future and they saw a rosy future economically thanks to Trump; a spanking new USA less burdened by corruption, regulation and onerous taxation, and we all saw a country returning to the Rule of Law, unlike what we've dealt with under the closeted un-American Obama and would have also dealt with under the despicable, criminal and hateful Hillary!

Chuck and Nancy had nothing to do with this new prosperity either, nor has McConnell and Ryan done anything too -- except to throttle Trump's winning and popular agenda.

Could anyone on here imagine where the Dow Jones or S & P would be today if all these idiot RINOs did their share in getting this country moving? If the GOP passed laws repealing ObamaCare or passed a Tax Reform bill as they promised they would during the past 7 + years, the market would be in the heavens right now.

No, most of you cannot imagine all that, I am convinced.

Half of the country did not want to increase taxes, that is huge. The country stopped Hillary in her tracks, President Donald J. Trump radically changed policy to reflect his vision of what should be and the market reaction is positive to those policy changes. Our President is not even close to being done, look for an economy and market that continues to surprise.

Clocker
09-12-2017, 10:38 PM
It is true Trump did it all by himself

Barkeep, another pitcher of Trump Kool Aid here, the orange of course. :popcorn:

Business confidence is good right now because Trump is the lesser of two evils from the last election. But it is not great. To repeat an old cliche, Wall Street is driven by greed and fear, and the thing Wall Street fears most is uncertainty.

Most major issues remain highly uncertain under Trump, including O-Care, tax reform, debt, immigration reform, building the wall, and tariffs. Trump has taken virtually no action on those issues, and has not even put forward any concrete proposed plans or programs to deal with them. Not to mention terrorism, North Korea, and all that usual stuff that is always a mess.

So right now, business is betting on the come, because they assume that the odds are better under Trump than under Hillary. But that is not going to last long without some progress from Washington.

And lest we forget, the current S&P level doesn't mean diddly squat to the average worker trying to make a living.

reckless
09-13-2017, 11:05 PM
(1)Barkeep, another pitcher of Trump Kool Aid here, the orange of course. :popcorn:

(2) Business confidence is good right now because Trump is the lesser of two evils from the last election. But it is not great. To repeat an old cliche, Wall Street is driven by greed and fear, and the thing Wall Street fears most is uncertainty.

(3) Most major issues remain highly uncertain under Trump, including O-Care, tax reform, debt, immigration reform, building the wall, and tariffs. Trump has taken virtually no action on those issues, and has not even put forward any concrete proposed plans or programs to deal with them. Not to mention terrorism, North Korea, and all that usual stuff that is always a mess.

(4) So right now, business is betting on the come, because they assume that the odds are better under Trump than under Hillary. But that is not going to last long without some progress from Washington.

And lest we forget, (5) the current S&P level doesn't mean diddly squat to the average worker trying to make a living.

(1) The true Kool Aid drinkers are the anti-Trumpers, such as yourself. Guys like you have been using the very same tired, discredited, and incorrect talking points against Trump since the Summer of 2015. It didn't work then, it didn't work in the Election campaign of 2016, and it isn't working now.

(2) Trump is the lesser of two evils, which is what you say Wall Street likes? :lol::lol:

Trump is the one who ran against Wall Street; Hillary was the one that took millions of money from them while secretly telling them all will be cool 'once she's elected'.

The Wall Street 'certainty' you incorrectly mention laid at the feet of a Hillary victory, not a Trump win. By your analysis, a Trump win should have meant a 3,000-4,000 point drop in the Dow and not the corresponding increase. I thought you would have known better...

Since the election, anti-Trumpers said Trump cannot get companies to relocate back to the USA -- he did, and that will get better too. What has Wall Street done since the election, beside going straight up? Well, they went straight up. Fear and greed? What are you talking about. Right now, there is little fear and even less greed in the investment markets. But that's a rather insignificant point to make -- unless one is a Trump basher who can't get his arms around a robust stock market. Hmmm, must be those greedy Wall Streeters...

(3) All this is a matter of opinion and your opinion is incorrect. You once said that jobs won't come back to the USA under Trump, and they have. You said Trump cannot get companies to stay in the USA, much less return to the USA. But after 7-8 months, it's very safe to say, you're wrong on that one too. And, North Korea has been slapped down by Trump, and will not become the threat as predicted by the Trump hating doom and gloomers.

(4) Business is not betting on the come. Wall Street and the markets are betting on Apple, Google, Alibaba, Amazon, Netflex, Facebook and the like because these companies are the engines that will drive the economy for the next 10 + years. Individual companies are still very cheap when using sound and logical metrics to evaluate them. If there are people out here in PA-land that don't believe me, so be it.

Tax reform is very important and if that doesn't get passed, the stock market will take a big hit, yes, but it will be a temporary jolt. We're in Inning # 5 of a once in a generation boom in equity prices and value.

The future of the GOP and the USA does lie in the Republicans getting Tax Reform passed. If they don't they will not win in 2018. Plain and simple.

(5) The average person may not have diddly squat in the market but I don't know why you said this since you used Wall Street and the Market in your post knocking Trump. I appreciate your 'concern' for the working guy, but it is already getting better for working guys, thanks to Trump. You just don't see it or care about that. Or else, you probably believe mostpost when he wrote that all this Trump good news isn't really true, but if it is, it would have happened anyway. :lol::lol:

It really doesn't matter that you differ with me on all these issues. You have a wrong agenda to push. So I finish: it is you drinking the Kool Aid, and you can blame Trump all you want on absolutely everything you care to blame him on. Fewer and fewer people are paying attention.