PDA

View Full Version : Trifecta Structure

chickenhead
08-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Had a few races this weekend where I had a strong opinion of two horses...field size of 8-10 horses...in my opinion the other horses in both races were a toss-up. Can someone recommend the correct tri wager in this case?

I made bets of

1,2-ALL-1,2
ALL-1,2-1,2

I had two real nice scores (for me) with a 30-1 in one race and 60-1 in another running second between my picks...both tri's paid $350-1....my logic was I don't mind missing a 1,2-1,2-? since my picks were fairly low odds, like 2 and 3rd favorites, and playing a small bankroll $12 bets add up. The wagers I made were not a very sophisticated way to bet that scenario...but I'm not sure I would have caught those longshots doing it any other way. Nice to catch them, but don't know over the long haul whether I'd get that price often enough to make the bet worth while.

Advice?

keilan
08-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Advice

Chickenhead -- don't enter into wagers when your opinion is the same as everyone else's. Using the board with two low priced horses will put you in the poor-house.

Count your blessings and don't do it again :) :)

chickenhead
08-09-2004, 01:53 PM
I can accept that...I have a hard time passing races when I know what's going to happen. It is a problem.

GR1@HTR
08-09-2004, 09:29 PM
CH,

I used to play the above wager...but only if the my 1 and 2 horses were not the favorites...ideal/realistic wager would be if I felt that a 5-1 and 8-1 types would finish ITM.