PDA

View Full Version : Liberals are psychotic

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-22-2017, 06:51 PM
I mean, like, ya know, we really need science to help us with the obvious? I mean, ya know like -- duh.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/

"A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism."

"The social-desirability scale measures people’s tendency to answer questions in ways they believe would please researchers, even if it means overestimating their positive characteristics and underestimating negative ones."

Nutz and Boltz
08-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Maybe since the original study was done 5 years ago, the scales have tipped towards the Liberal thinkers. I do believe that is more that way now, than 5 years ago. I'll never be truly conservative in my thinking,but things have really gotten out of hand the past few years . (Also, the article in the Post which you show was dated June 9 of last year.)

incoming
08-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Hence, the reason I have named them the New Democrat Party, the Russians did it was the straw that broke the camel's back and the final piece in the puzzle.:popcorn::popcorn:

boxcar
08-22-2017, 10:11 PM
The Dems have always been the Party of Hatred. The live on Hate. They hate America because they think America is a blight on the entire world. They hate American culture. They hate American history. They hate the U.S. Constitution. They hate the restrictions the Constitution puts on government. They hate capitalism. They hate states' rights. They hate Christians. They hate freedom of speech (except when they're speaking). They hate individual liberties. The leftists, for most part, are dark souls filled with hate for this country and everything about it.

dkithore
08-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Until last year I as Democrat. Did not hate conservatives. Disagreed with is more like it. When Trump among sixteen decided to run I switched. Only candidate ( I will spare details).

IMO two things are going on. One is a stunning loss of their candidate. And pathological anger toward the winner. Secondly, income gap has widened in decades with no sign of tides turning. Wages and jobs stagnant. So the fringes who were bordereline nut cases have joined hands to tear down anything that fancies them.

IMO more job opportunities and better wages for the disgruntled class plus others may turn the tide. Mr. Still reports youth unemployment is down. Food stamps user no. is down too. hopeful that extremism will taper off.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Maybe since the original study was done 5 years ago, the scales have tipped towards the Liberal thinkers. I do believe that is more that way now, than 5 years ago. I'll never be truly conservative in my thinking,but things have really gotten out of hand the past few years . (Also, the article in the Post which you show was dated June 9 of last year.)

Little has changed. This is from almost 10 years ago when a well known psychiatrist defined liberals as mentally ill during the Obama / Clinton wars.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

davew
08-22-2017, 11:06 PM
I think you mean libs are psychic - as they can see the future....

Nutz and Boltz
08-23-2017, 07:50 AM
I think that it is reasonable to conclude that people with both Alt-Left and Alt-Right leanings might be described as being psychotic. Both extremes are off-the-wall.

boxcar
08-23-2017, 10:10 AM
I think that it is reasonable to conclude that people with both Alt-Left and Alt-Right leanings might be described as being psychotic. Both extremes are off-the-wall.

You don't get it, do you? Nut jobs like Chucky Schumer believes that their brand of far left liberalism is mainstream! Hence, the political narrative that racists, white supremacists, homophobes, islamophobes, etc. are who put Trump in office. Of course, the left contradicts itself because with this kind of narrative then this majority who put Trump in office would be "mainstream". But hey...who ever accused a liberal of being a straight thinker? Certainly, not I. :coffee:

Dahoss9698
08-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Some might say a person that has started 20 plus threads in the last few months about liberals is obsessed and psychotic.

Just sayin'

Nutz and Boltz
08-23-2017, 11:58 AM
You don't get it, do you? Nut jobs like Chucky Schumer believes that their brand of far left liberalism is mainstream! Hence, the political narrative that racists, white supremacists, homophobes, islamophobes, etc. are who put Trump in office. Of course, the left contradicts itself because with this kind of narrative then this majority who put Trump in office would be "mainstream". But hey...who ever accused a liberal of being a straight thinker? Certainly, not I. :coffee:

Of course, there are religious nut jobs out there, too. Just look in your mirror at yourself,boxcar!

johnhannibalsmith
08-23-2017, 12:03 PM
Some might say a person that has started 20 plus threads in the last few months about liberals is obsessed and psychotic.

Just sayin'

http://cfile201.uf.daum.net/image/245D6A4C56A76B4F198203

Nutz and Boltz
08-23-2017, 12:29 PM
There are a lot of definitions for the word snowflake. From the Urban Dictionary website...

“A snowflake was a person who was opposed to the abolition of slavery. They were called snowflakes because it said they valued white people over black people.”

Snowflake
Snowflake is a term Republicans are calling liberals. it refers to the human ash in the air when the Nazis would burn people alive.
Hey snowflake, TRUMP won deal with it.

Snowflake
An overly sensitive person that doesn't take criticism well.
Donald J Trump.
Trump is such a snowflake and cannot focus on his job because he is frustrated by the media diminishing his achievements.

Referring to someone, usually the Alt-Right, Milo Yiannopoulos, And Nazi Sympathizers , whose immense white fragility causes a meltdown when confronted with the most minute deviation from orthodox White Supremacy. They often cry bloody murder when expected to give the most modest expression of basic human decency.

So there are "Snowflakes" on both sides. So ask yourselves, "what kind of snowflake am I ?"

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-23-2017, 12:29 PM

Just sayin'

...or someone who gets a kick out of watching the wackadoodles go off the deep end when presented with a mirror to hold up in front of themselves.

After all, most of us are here for the laughs.

Has there only been 20?

mostpost
08-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Little has changed. This is from almost 10 years ago when a well known psychiatrist defined liberals as mentally ill during the Obama / Clinton wars.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/

WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”

For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.

Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

From you link: (with my brilliant, devastating comments in BOLD)
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by;
Let's start here. I am a liberal and I have no feelings of inferiority. On the other hand, I never felt superior either. Until I found this board.

Creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization.
It is actually the conservatives who do this by telling minorities that liberals do not think that those minorities can fend for themselves.

What liberals are trying to do is give minorities the chance to improve their lives. They do not fully have that chance now. Most inner city schools are inferior to suburban schools. Despite what Rossiter and many of you think, liberals do expect minorities and anyone to produce once we get the opportunity. The fact is the only reason opportunities have increase is because of civil rights laws.

Satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation.
Who decides what is infantile? It seems this is just a word used by Rossiter to insult liberals.

I'm receiving Social Security, that is not an entitlement except in the sense that I paid into in for forty plus years and am now entitled to reap the benefits. Same for Medicare. Same for my pension.

Yes, I have my indulgences. I pay for them.

When I was working, my compensation was decided through honest negotiation between my representatives and representatives of management.

Let me say that everything I have said above applies to the vast majority of liberals I know or have known. When I worked at the Post Office, I had no time to post on Pace Advantage. One of our members here post constantly during working hours. I won't name him, but it begins with T and ends with m.

Augmenting primitive feelings of envy
What do I have to be envious of? Who do I have to be envious of? The narrow minded people who can't deal with people being gay? The ill informed people who voted for Trump? The naïve people who believe Obama is Kenyan. The sycophants who think business owners should be able to pay whatever they like? No, I have no one to be envious of. I don't care how much money someone else makes If someone else has a different job than me and works less and gets paid more; that is just the way it is.

Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
What the &*^% does that even mean. There is no such thing as the absolute sovereignty of the individual. Yes, you can live where you want, but you can't build any kind of house there. True, you can establish and run a business, but you can't pollute a stream with your waste water. You can become a doctor, but you can't reuse scalpels or needles or abuse your patients. You can become a teacher or a boy scout leader or operate a day care center, but you can't act inappropriately towards your charges.

If he doesn't think it is necessary to subordinate the individual to the will of the government in some cases, then Dr. Rossiter is a fool. But then, we already knew that, didn't we?

mostpost
08-23-2017, 04:19 PM
...or someone who gets a kick out of watching the wackadoodles go off the deep end when presented with a mirror to hold up in front of themselves.

After all, most of us are here for the laughs.

Has there only been 20?
I'm glad you are here for the laughs, because you have certainly never made a substantive contribution.

Tom
08-23-2017, 11:15 PM
Liberal thinkers

1. oxymoron
2. a lisp

????????

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-24-2017, 08:59 AM
I'm glad you are here for the laughs, because you have certainly never made a substantive contribution.

An arrow right through my heart. Ouch.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-24-2017, 09:21 AM
From you link: (with my brilliant, devastating comments in BOLD)
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by;
Let's start here. I am a liberal and I have no feelings of inferiority. On the other hand, I never felt superior either. Until I found this board.

Creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization.
It is actually the conservatives who do this by telling minorities that liberals do not think that those minorities can fend for themselves.

What liberals are trying to do is give minorities the chance to improve their lives. They do not fully have that chance now. Most inner city schools are inferior to suburban schools. Despite what Rossiter and many of you think, liberals do expect minorities and anyone to produce once we get the opportunity. The fact is the only reason opportunities have increase is because of civil rights laws.

Satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation.
Who decides what is infantile? It seems this is just a word used by Rossiter to insult liberals.

I'm receiving Social Security, that is not an entitlement except in the sense that I paid into in for forty plus years and am now entitled to reap the benefits. Same for Medicare. Same for my pension.

Yes, I have my indulgences. I pay for them.

When I was working, my compensation was decided through honest negotiation between my representatives and representatives of management.

Let me say that everything I have said above applies to the vast majority of liberals I know or have known. When I worked at the Post Office, I had no time to post on Pace Advantage. One of our members here post constantly during working hours. I won't name him, but it begins with T and ends with m.

Augmenting primitive feelings of envy
What do I have to be envious of? Who do I have to be envious of? The narrow minded people who can't deal with people being gay? The ill informed people who voted for Trump? The naïve people who believe Obama is Kenyan. The sycophants who think business owners should be able to pay whatever they like? No, I have no one to be envious of. I don't care how much money someone else makes If someone else has a different job than me and works less and gets paid more; that is just the way it is.

Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
What the &*^% does that even mean. There is no such thing as the absolute sovereignty of the individual. Yes, you can live where you want, but you can't build any kind of house there. True, you can establish and run a business, but you can't pollute a stream with your waste water. You can become a doctor, but you can't reuse scalpels or needles or abuse your patients. You can become a teacher or a boy scout leader or operate a day care center, but you can't act inappropriately towards your charges.

If he doesn't think it is necessary to subordinate the individual to the will of the government in some cases, then Dr. Rossiter is a fool. But then, we already knew that, didn't we?

Yet you have a need to defend yourself even though this was not a personal attack since nobody knows who you are.

But we thank you for admitting that you feel superior to everyone here. The true definition of a liberal. Your answers pretty much helps explain Dr. Rossiter's professional analysis. I know for a fact that I am not superior to you or anyone else here. I have skills that most here are weak. I have weaknesses where most here excel. The previous two sentences are true of every adult on this planet.

Glad to see that you understand that social security, medicare and your pension are not entitlements. If anyone says otherwise, I will be happy to join you in helping them with their ignorance on the subject.

I also enjoyed your "When I was working, my compensation was decided through honest negotiation between my representatives and representatives of management." because it is part of a theory of mine on another issue - equal pay for women. I believe in the 21st century, we all believe that your pay should not be affected by your gender.

However, we cannot ignore the differences that exist between the genders. One of them is women's lack of aggressiveness. Of course this does not apply to all women (politicians, athletes and business executives are just some of the obvious exceptions to the generality) and women being short-changed in the workplace is also NOT across the board. I believe the single most mitigating factor in women not receiving equal pay is their lack of aggressiveness in salary negotiations. Women who are aggressive in negotiations are properly compensated.

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2017, 01:59 PM
However, we cannot ignore the differences that exist between the genders. One of them is women's lack of aggressiveness. Of course this does not apply to all women (politicians, athletes and business executives are just some of the obvious exceptions to the generality) and women being short-changed in the workplace is also NOT across the board. I believe the single most mitigating factor in women not receiving equal pay is their lack of aggressiveness in salary negotiations. Women who are aggressive in negotiations are properly compensated.I find your words here troubling, and I also don't believe them in terms of aggressiveness.

There are PLENTY of passive men out there not making what they should be making because they TOO are too hesitant or scared to go after what they want. They, like a lot of people, are afraid of being fired for making a stink about their salary (maybe not immediately, but when it comes time to let someone go, they'll remember who was bitching the most about salaries).

In any event, I don't put much if any stock into what you write above.

I'm not saying there are no differences between genders, but a lack of aggressiveness on the part of women is not why there is still a major gender gap in pay.

And in fact, your whole theory smacks of the very thing women have been fighting against and what has kept the gap in place in the first place.

Saratoga_Mike
08-29-2017, 04:51 PM
I find your words here troubling, and I also don't believe them in terms of aggressiveness.

There are PLENTY of passive men out there not making what they should be making because they TOO are too hesitant or scared to go after what they want. They, like a lot of people, are afraid of being fired for making a stink about their salary (maybe not immediately, but when it comes time to let someone go, they'll remember who was bitching the most about salaries).

I'm not saying there are no differences between genders, but a lack of aggressiveness on the part of women is not why there is still a major gender gap in pay.

And in fact, your whole theory smacks of the very thing women have been fighting against and what has kept the gap in place in the first place.

Isn't he describing the whole Sheryl Sandberg thing and her "Lean In" book? I'll admit I haven't read the book, but I thought the other poster's premise was part of her theory about how to self-empower women. Of course maybe she's dead wrong, too.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-29-2017, 06:57 PM
I find your words here troubling, and I also don't believe them in terms of aggressiveness.

All I can add is that it is my experience that drew me to those opinions. Of course there are men who would accept the first offer they receive, just as there are women who would tell you to shove it if the offer was less than adequate.

But in the majority, I find my assessments to be correct.