PDA

View Full Version : What are the numbers when Navarros horses are claimed?

onefast99
08-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Does anyone have the numbers on horses claimed from Navarro at the current MP meet and what those horses did after they were claimed. There seems to be a lot of interest in his horses many of which are drop downs.

cj
08-21-2017, 10:55 AM
There have only been four and they all lost first off the claim. They are 1-8 since being claimed, winner paid 11.20 in second start off the claim.

How scary is it that a guy winning everything has only had four horses claimed? He is actually 'only' 5-16 first off the claim this meet with 1.52 ROI per $2.

jimmyb
08-21-2017, 11:36 AM
There have only been four and they all lost first off the claim. They are 1-8 since being claimed, winner paid 11.20 in second start off the claim.

How scary is it that a guy winning everything has only had four horses claimed? He is actually 'only' 5-16 first off the claim this meet with 1.52 ROI per $2.

About the same as a claim off Jamie Ness

onefast99
08-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Thank you for the info CJ. My trainer claimed one and he is 0/2 with him. I won't go near him claiming wise.
My horses are 0/3 vs. him all finished 2nd. I have to bite my tongue when I see his gang headed to the winners circle.

Track Phantom
08-21-2017, 12:41 PM
I never understood why anyone would EVER look to claim off of guys like Navarro, Ness, etc. Obviously, these horses are illusions and will digress once in even a semi-honest barn. I know there are occasions when a claim off of one of these guys works but logic says it will go the other way.

How is it that other trainers don't understand this and still claim from them? I'm surprised there are even 4 claims from him.

n.c
08-22-2017, 08:48 PM
horses, after it was claimed.

“I don’t do cocaine, my horses don’t go out and party, so why would cocaine show up in my horses?” Navarro said. “This is nuts.

Cocaine is a Class 1 drug, meaning a positive test for the substance carries the industry’s highest penalties. However, the drug is also a known contaminant, and Navarro’s attorney is likely to argue that the positive was produced by accidental contamination.

“My attorney said the concentration was so low that a pilot would be legally allowed to fly with it,” he said. “How can I explain that? My attorney is on top of it.”

BIG49010
08-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Any top trainer is tough to claim off, I would venture a guess guys like Pletcher and Brown would have similar numbers. I agree claiming off Ness, Calibrese, Rivelli, Catalano, Lake rough stuff and most likely your going to loose!

menifee
08-23-2017, 04:09 AM
His juice must not ship into Delaware - he's sent some bad favorites there recently.

onefast99
08-23-2017, 09:30 AM
horses, after it was claimed.

“I don’t do cocaine, my horses don’t go out and party, so why would cocaine show up in my horses?” Navarro said. “This is nuts.

Cocaine is a Class 1 drug, meaning a positive test for the substance carries the industry’s highest penalties. However, the drug is also a known contaminant, and Navarro’s attorney is likely to argue that the positive was produced by accidental contamination.

“My attorney said the concentration was so low that a pilot would be legally allowed to fly with it,” he said. “How can I explain that? My attorney is on top of it.”
He dodged a bullet(as well as several other trainers)at GP when the state ruled the samples were incorrectly tested by the lab.
Minecraft was the horse that tested positive at Tampa in February. I am sure this will be swept under the rug and Navarro will continue to wear that huge smile!

RunForTheRoses
08-25-2017, 04:01 PM
Not Navarro but race 4 Del Mar Hay Dude runs after being claimed from Peter Miller.

n.c
08-25-2017, 09:09 PM
juice and you are in for Breeders cup race, named after Jorge Navarro:headbanger:

castaway01
08-26-2017, 09:15 PM
His juice must not ship into Delaware - he's sent some bad favorites there recently.

Yeah, he's a paltry 7 for 16 there. No wonder everything he sends gets bet into the ground.

onefast99
08-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Race 7 Monmouth Park on Friday former navarro trainee number 4 raced like it did before Navarro had him dismal performance. Winner of the race bet down and won easily. Navarro continues to make a mockery of Monmouth Park and there is nothing anyone can do to stop his 90% ITM and over 40% win numbers!