PDA

View Full Version : Please someone explain how the Gulfstream pic 6 was won yesterday?

whisperlunch
08-20-2017, 03:59 PM
.40 cent ticket 1x1x1x1x1x2

Leg 1 paid $23
Leg 2 paid $59
Leg 3 paid $ 132.60
Leg 4 paid $39.80
Leg 5 paid $4.30
Leg 6 paid 5.80

$132 single ??

This is just bullshit.

It was won online from NY.

Will they just sweep it under and avoid bad publicity?

Hahahaha.40 cents.

Augenj
08-20-2017, 04:18 PM
I've been suspicious of this track for a long time, especially after the best connections head back north after the Aqueduct winter meet. This is ugly if these numbers are true.

green80
08-20-2017, 04:20 PM
either you have the luckiest guy in the world or a little past posting going on somewhere.

whisperlunch
08-20-2017, 04:40 PM
I read it was hit online from a nyra account I believe. How is this not front page news ? .40 cents into hundreds of thousands

Why is the guy not interviewed or someone not looking into this? I know it just happened but Gulfstream needs to put out a statement. Below is copy and paste of only article I've found

20-cent Rainbow 6 jackpot was hit for $259,573.34 Saturday at Gulfstream Park with a 40-cent ticket.
The wager was made on a NYRA wagering account. The ticket: 1/2/7/7/8/3,14 = .40 cents. Yes, 40 cents
The popular multi-race wager went unsolved for 13 consecutive programs before the only ticket with the winning combination of 1-2-7-7-8-3 broke the jackpot.
The Rainbow 6 carryover jackpot is paid out only when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six winners. On days when there is no unique ticket sold, 70 percent of that day's pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most winners while 30 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.
There were two horses eligible to take down the jackpot, No. 3 Miss Maserati, the 9-5 favorite and No. 14 Kassady Light, a 60-1 longshot, in the final race of Saturday's 12-race card. Miss Maserati took over the lead out of the starting gate and drew off to score by open lengths to complete the winning Rainbow 6 ticket.
The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved since July 27, when it was hit for a $436,076.38 jackpot.

Andy Asaro
08-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Probably played way over a thousand 40 cent individual tickets using a program

cj
08-20-2017, 04:53 PM
That ticket would be reasonable to put together if your goal is to be the ONLY winner, and it is one of many tickets.

whisperlunch
08-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Wtf?

Not so fast.

Let me understand this. This person has a program that spits out all of his combos to play the pic 6 and the bets are broken down into micro tickets in order to be the only winner? How does this person get the bets placed?

I'm not following. He logs into his online nyra account and then what?

Parkview_Pirate
08-20-2017, 05:33 PM
That ticket would be reasonable to put together if your goal is to be the ONLY winner, and it is one of many tickets.

Logistically, seems to be a challenge, unless using an automated s/w package that's spitting out and uploading the combos - and even then, I'd have to see the wagering logs to believe it, since the winning combo was so longshot heavy. You'd figure s/w would cluster more longshots in each leg.

IMHO, the only legitimate way a ticket like that is if some little old lady from Montauk is playing her grandkid's ages, or day of birth, or a phone number or something. The numbers were:

1-2-7-7-8-3/12

And then I don't believe it until I see those exact same numbers bet every day on that account for the past couple of years for a 40 cent ticket in the Rainbow Six.

And then, I still don't believe it.

whisperlunch
08-20-2017, 06:20 PM
Parkview I totally agree. There has to more to this. Either the article I read is wrong or this is cheating just like Drexel breeders cup. I find it funny that racing officials and Gulfstream will not comment , not explain how this ticket was structured and the history of the winner.

Track Phantom
08-20-2017, 07:29 PM
I wonder what the odds are that one person could hit this with a .40c ticket without other combos. I'd guess it's in the lottery territory. In other words, if there aren't more combos (and many many many more), I think it's virtually impossible to hit this way unless the guy ate a horse shoe, rainbow, rabbit's foot and four-leaf clover for breakfast.

JustRalph
08-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Quickpik?

kevb
08-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Couldn't have been a QuickPick with 2 selections in the last. Two selections in the last is kind puzzling. What if the 14 had been a late scratch?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need to split a big ticket with thousands of combinations into thousands of individual tickets in order to have the only winning combination. If one of your combinations on the big multi-combination ticket wins and no one else wins, then you have the single winning ticket. The only advantage of thousands of individual tickets is if you want to guard against late scratches and getting the winning favorite twice.

AltonKelsey
08-20-2017, 10:38 PM
I have a more interesting question. Where do you upload wagers on NYRA?

Not aware of that feature on that site

Jeff P
08-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Let me understand this. This person has a program that spits out all of his combos to play the pic 6 and the bets are broken down into micro tickets in order to be the only winner? How does this person get the bets placed?

I'm not following. He logs into his online nyra account and then what?

Most ADWs offer text file upload.

It's not terribly difficult to write an app (could even be done in Excel) that:

a. Behaves as a ticket generator.

b. Writes the tickets generated by the player to comma delimited text file in a format required by the ADW.

From there the player logs into his or her ADW account -- uploads the file -- and receives a confirmation code.

The hard part is coming up with the winning combos...

Other than that, none of this is rocket science -- and text file upload is available to pretty much everybody with an ADW account.

-jp

AltonKelsey
08-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Most ADWs offer text file upload.

Other than that, none of this is rocket science -- and text file upload is available to pretty much everybody with an ADW account.

-jp

As I just asked, I have never seen or heard of that feature on NYRA . So if its there , its very well and deliberately hidden

GMB@BP
08-20-2017, 11:14 PM
As I just asked, I have never seen or heard of that feature on NYRA . So if its there , its very well and deliberately hidden

its likely only offered to the rebate players...ya know, its one of those perks us small players dont get

whisperlunch
08-20-2017, 11:34 PM
This is mind blowing that this .40 cent ticket takes down that pic six and I guarantee that 99% of horse players have no clue to this uploading files on ADW accounts. I only know about it because of this forum. And I'm not sure what the hell it is. I have online accounts. I occasionally will play a pic 6, mostly pic4's & I never have structured a ticket like this. I've never thought to structure a ticket this way. I guess it shows I need to get out more.

The whole point of this was I really thought there was a scam or past posting

Unreal

VigorsTheGrey
08-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Logistically, seems to be a challenge, unless using an automated s/w package that's spitting out and uploading the combos - and even then, I'd have to see the wagering logs to believe it, since the winning combo was so longshot heavy. You'd figure s/w would cluster more longshots in each leg.

IMHO, the only legitimate way a ticket like that is if some little old lady from Montauk is playing her grandkid's ages, or day of birth, or a phone number or something. The numbers were:

1-2-7-7-8-3/12

And then I don't believe it until I see those exact same numbers bet every day on that account for the past couple of years for a 40 cent ticket in the Rainbow Six.

And then, I still don't believe it.

The track ought to explain in detail to the fans what happened here...This is a perfect example of something that just BREEDS mistrust without a write-up...was this a lone ranger single bet or part of a massive bundle of low cost wagers...?

It makes a difference if some coordinated wagering technique is being implemented unbeknownst to public...no comments from the track is massively BAD Public Relations....

...I speculate that there is way for tote companies to perform some type of search function to know which combos are still not covered prior to post-time and then execute a wager punch list of still-remaining singles....but all this is just idle speculation....tote companies would not stoop to such tactics but maybe some employees might (if possible)...makes for good movie stuff...I doubt it happens in real life though....what do you think...?

AltonKelsey
08-21-2017, 12:48 AM
its likely only offered to the rebate players...ya know, its one of those perks us small players dont get

No, just laziness or some other poor reason. They certainly should have it

I have other accounts that have had it for years.

Nyra WAY behind the curve here.

Pick6
08-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Multiplying the win mutuels yields a $0.20 payoff of about $562,000. So, looking at it that way, he should not have been playing this specific combination until the pool got bigger.

If he figured the 2 big longshots for lower odds then it might make sense.

Writing software to (hopefully) get a unique winning ticket is not complex. It is based on assumptions of players' betting patterns, for example to get a big payoff players typically take middle-priced horses, or short prices with ALL for two races. I've done research on this, and when the pool gets reasonably large about 25% of combinations are not played around the sweet spot where the parlay payoff of the picks approximately equals the betting pool.

The ticket looks suspicious, but with chalk in the last 2 it is within the realm of a completely random pick.

Pick6
08-21-2017, 01:54 AM
There were two horses eligible to take down the jackpot, No. 3 Miss Maserati, the 9-5 favorite and No. 14 Kassady Light, a 60-1 longshot, in the final race of Saturday's 12-race card.
Now, imagine if #14 had won. The theoretical win parlay would have paid about $13 million. I'm guessing that would have raised some flags.

Poindexter
08-21-2017, 01:56 AM
Regarding uploading files, I do it all the time on Twinspires. When your methods require 18 ticket or 45 tickets is a whole lot easier than punching in all the tickets, just program your methods into excel, excel fills in the tickets for you, convert to a csv file and you upload the program(and thus the tickets). Whether it can be done at Nyra, I have no idea.

I do not know why they even announce the size of winning tickets. Seriously, who plays just 1 pick 6 ticket. Especially a 40 cent ticket. Just off the top of my head here is how one could have come up with the winning play. Looking at the results and the winning ticket I will assume the winning player used leg 5 as a single and leg 6 as a double. There is a simple method where you can go 3x3x3x3 on 4 spreads. 9 tickets, with 1 horse in each of the 4 spreads. So basically said player could have gone 3x3x3x3x1x2 a $32.40 ticket for $3.60. The problem is that using this method you are only guaranteed 3 of the 4 spreads(or 5 of 6) should the ticket hit, which is generally worthless in the rainbow pick six, but should the ticket hit the single and double and the first 2 triples you are live to one of your horses at random in each of the two remaining races(depends which horse wins the first 2 races) for the six winners. Now I could be dead wrong about how the player played, but let's assume you do use the method I am talking about. If you were going to play a $3.60 stab at the rainbow six, singling a 1-1 shot, doubling another race, why not take 3 random longshots(and I mean LONGSHOTS) in the other 4 races. Cost you a whopping $3.60, and on that miracle day where you can connect 4 big longshots, chances are you mightl be paid for 5 anyhow and should the right random horse win the last 2 spreads you get this.

You can fool around with the said method and come up other methods, which requires even more 40 cent tickets. Point is unless we know all the tickets played everything is just speculation. Because racing loves to say that someone hit the big jackpot on a 40 cent ticket they feel that it is to their advantage to just announce that it was hit on a 40 cent tickets For all we know there were 200, 40 cent tickets(whatever method was used), which is only $80.

Thousands of dollars are invested in these rainbow six pools on 20 cent tickets. We have discussed before how an obvious pick 6 can provide great value at times. Why because so many are taking stabs on tickets like the winning ticket was. Someone took a stab, got lucky and hit big. It happens every so often.

No matter how the the player played, if you are shooting for the jackpot, you need to use horses that the public is not going to use. The method I talked about is just a very cheap way to do so.

Pick6
08-21-2017, 02:47 AM
With basic programming skills one can upload bets automatically to TVG or any other web site accepting bets.

And Excel would be a very poor platform to build a set of lone Pick 6 jackpot combinations. (macros excepted)

iamt
08-21-2017, 02:51 AM
No, just laziness or some other poor reason. They certainly should have it

I have other accounts that have had it for years.

Nyra WAY behind the curve here.

https://nyrabets.com/#features

Efficient and easy to use wager pad
Watch replays and view stats on your favorite horses
Copy tickets quickly and easily
Exotic Wagers’ “Swap Position” feature
Mass-submit tickets in batch form
Customize display and navigation options
Personalized watch list of tracks & races
View betting history

Andy Asaro
08-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Believe it or not?

Bettor spends $10 to hit Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream for $259,000

http://www.drf.com/news/bettor-spends-10-hit-rainbow-6-gulfstream-259000

Excerpt:

According to officials at NYRA Bets, the winning ticket was purchased at Longshots, the simulcast facility at Aqueduct. A NYRA Bets spokesman said the winner, who remains anonymous, purchased three tickets, one for $6, a second for $3.60, and a third, which had the winning combination, for a mere 40 cents.

The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved for 12 days. It was hit on July 27 for $436,076 and again for $20,000 the following afternoon.

Saturday’s winning sequence began with four longshots that included the $59 Lil B Quick in the eighth race, the $132.60 Alarcon in the ninth, and $39.80 Switched in race 10. The winning ticket was alive to two horses, the 9-5 Miss Maserati and 60-1 Kassady Light in the finale, with Miss Maserati leading throughout to register an easy victory.

jms62
08-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a small player who got extremely lucky with a lottery ticket.

onefast99
08-21-2017, 09:18 AM
I read it was hit online from a nyra account I believe. How is this not front page news ? .40 cents into hundreds of thousands

Why is the guy not interviewed or someone not looking into this? I know it just happened but Gulfstream needs to put out a statement. Below is copy and paste of only article I've found

20-cent Rainbow 6 jackpot was hit for $259,573.34 Saturday at Gulfstream Park with a 40-cent ticket.
The wager was made on a NYRA wagering account. The ticket: 1/2/7/7/8/3,14 = .40 cents. Yes, 40 cents
The popular multi-race wager went unsolved for 13 consecutive programs before the only ticket with the winning combination of 1-2-7-7-8-3 broke the jackpot.
The Rainbow 6 carryover jackpot is paid out only when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six winners. On days when there is no unique ticket sold, 70 percent of that day's pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most winners while 30 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.
There were two horses eligible to take down the jackpot, No. 3 Miss Maserati, the 9-5 favorite and No. 14 Kassady Light, a 60-1 longshot, in the final race of Saturday's 12-race card. Miss Maserati took over the lead out of the starting gate and drew off to score by open lengths to complete the winning Rainbow 6 ticket.
The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved since July 27, when it was hit for a $436,076.38 jackpot.
Was it a Navarro horse that won the last?

formula_2002
08-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Regarding uploading files, I do it all the time on Twinspires. When your methods require 18 ticket or 45 tickets is a whole lot easier than punching in all the tickets, just program your methods into excel, excel fills in the tickets for you, convert to a csv file and you upload the program(and thus the tickets). Whether it can be done at Nyra, I have no idea.

I do not know why they even announce the size of winning tickets. Seriously, who plays just 1 pick 6 ticket. Especially a 40 cent ticket. Just off the top of my head here is how one could have come up with the winning play. Looking at the results and the winning ticket I will assume the winning player used leg 5 as a single and leg 6 as a double. There is a simple method where you can go 3x3x3x3 on 4 spreads. 9 tickets, with 1 horse in each of the 4 spreads. So basically said player could have gone 3x3x3x3x1x2 a $32.40 ticket for $3.60. The problem is that using this method you are only guaranteed 3 of the 4 spreads(or 5 of 6) should the ticket hit, which is generally worthless in the rainbow pick six, but should the ticket hit the single and double and the first 2 triples you are live to one of your horses at random in each of the two remaining races(depends which horse wins the first 2 races) for the six winners. Now I could be dead wrong about how the player played, but let's assume you do use the method I am talking about. If you were going to play a $3.60 stab at the rainbow six, singling a 1-1 shot, doubling another race, why not take 3 random longshots(and I mean LONGSHOTS) in the other 4 races. Cost you a whopping $3.60, and on that miracle day where you can connect 4 big longshots, chances are you mightl be paid for 5 anyhow and should the right random horse win the last 2 spreads you get this.

You can fool around with the said method and come up other methods, which requires even more 40 cent tickets. Point is unless we know all the tickets played everything is just speculation. Because racing loves to say that someone hit the big jackpot on a 40 cent ticket they feel that it is to their advantage to just announce that it was hit on a 40 cent tickets For all we know there were 200, 40 cent tickets(whatever method was used), which is only $80.

Thousands of dollars are invested in these rainbow six pools on 20 cent tickets. We have discussed before how an obvious pick 6 can provide great value at times. Why because so many are taking stabs on tickets like the winning ticket was. Someone took a stab, got lucky and hit big. It happens every so often.

No matter how the the player played, if you are shooting for the jackpot, you need to use horses that the public is not going to use. The method I talked about is just a very cheap way to do so.

I must have missed class that day. can you lend me your homework and tell me how to up load files to twinspires. thanks

JustRalph
08-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Give me a break

formula_2002
08-21-2017, 10:42 AM
this was my attempt 11 years ago.
it did work (at times:))
perhaps i'll take another attempt, unless someone has an better way

see note 3 on the following thread for betting format

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62940&highlight=betitandforgetit

Jeff P
08-21-2017, 11:01 AM

I called NYRA Bets and talked to a customer service rep who told me "We do not offer that feature at this time."

I do know that text file upload is offered by many other ADWs including TwinSpires, AMWager, PTC, etc. -- and my understanding is that if the ADW offers it, they make it available to every account holder.

In other words text file upload isn't something that's only available to a select/chosen few.

-jp

jay68802
08-21-2017, 12:39 PM
I believe that earlier this year the jackpot pick 6 was hit by a $.20 ticket also.

AltonKelsey
08-21-2017, 11:18 PM
I called NYRA Bets and talked to a customer service rep who told me "We do not offer that feature at this time."

I do know that text file upload is offered by many other ADWs including TwinSpires, AMWager, PTC, etc. -- and my understanding is that if the ADW offers it, they make it available to every account holder.

In other words text file upload isn't something that's only available to a select/chosen few.

-jp

Was aware other sites offer it. I wrote code for it 10 years ago.

Just saying NYRA , for all the bells and whistles, is badly behind the curve.

They have time for a 360 degree paddock camera but not this?

AltonKelsey
08-21-2017, 11:21 PM
I believe that earlier this year the jackpot pick 6 was hit by a $.20 ticket also.

We'll assume its all legit. There are a lot of folks taking shots, and like the infinite monkeys typing at keyboards, some Shakespeare can sometimes be forthcoming

Copyroomjim
08-22-2017, 07:26 AM
Every once and a while, I bet a 20c P-6 ticket using date of birth and age numbers where I've downloaded PP's and don't make any other bet. It avoids being charged a buck through Twin Spires-Brisnet. Maybe lightening will hit and it saves 80c.

castaway01
08-22-2017, 07:37 AM
I'd actually lean on the side of it being legit. If some rocket scientist out there could actually past-post a winner, I'd think they'd also have heard of the guys from Drexel and be smart enough to make the bet look plausible. In other news, people hit Powerball at much longer odds each week/month. **** happens.

Franco Santiago
08-23-2017, 07:08 AM
If you consider the odds of the horses to be reflective of their probabilities of winning, the odds of picking all of the winners was roughly 2.5 million to 1. While obviously improbable, it can and obviously does happen. People hit the lottery using random numbers and the odds are far greater than 2.5 million to 1.

But that so many people are questioning the legitimacy is the real problem. Perception is reality and the perception among those that play the game frequently is that something stinks. The track should work on communicating facts that prove the legitimacy. Tell us how many bets were made by the same person and tell us how those bets were constructed (not happening because the player might consider the construction of the bets to be part of his/her edge). Basically, tell us SOMETHING to calm our fears of larceny, which we ALL think goes on on some level.

Let's face it...horse racing track management - with few exceptions - is terrible and there is no desire to fix the problems on ANY level. You have known it for years and years despite your voice. Your lobby - whatever that lobby is - for the most part, is highly ineffective. It gets nothing done for you. How many of you think that bitching on this board gets results? Like with the Keeneland takeout thread...you think it is going to make one iota of difference to Keeneland management? Talk of a boycott is laughable. Blah blah blah. They know you are gamblers. They know you'll be back.

So bad and uncaring management coupled with a bad lobby and hard core customers that always come back means things will never improve. All you can really hope for is that by some miracle, they don't get worse.

Sorry for the digression from the topic.

AlsoEligible
08-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Tell us how many bets were made by the same person and tell us how those bets were constructed (not happening because the player might consider the construction of the bets to be part of his/her edge). Basically, tell us SOMETHING to calm our fears of larceny, which we ALL think goes on on some level.

Odd that we don't demand the same information when someone hits a $700,000,000 PowerBall jackpot. We get the state and maybe the store it was sold from (just like we get the location where a winning Pick 6 ticket came from)...but we don't demand to know how many tickets he bought, whether he was part of a lottery pool, how he came up with his numbers, etc. We just accept at face value that someone had to win it eventually, even if the odds are far more astronomical than hitting a Pick 6 with a single 40 cent ticket.

The truth is that even if the track provided all of that info, people would still find reason to suspect foul play - as we're seeing in this thread. There is an ingrained belief that racing is corrupt, and that there's no way someone could legitimately win a big payout without it being a past post, rigged tote, whale with some special access to pools, etc. There's always a boogeyman.

Obviously the guy had 10 dollars to play with here, made a $6 bet and a $3.60 bet...then decided to punch in some random numbers with the remaining $0.40 and got insanely lucky. Even if NYRA put out a press release saying exactly this, people wouldn't believe it. It's just part of the systemic distrust in racing.

castaway01
08-23-2017, 08:00 PM
If you consider the odds of the horses to be reflective of their probabilities of winning, the odds of picking all of the winners was roughly 2.5 million to 1. While obviously improbable, it can and obviously does happen. People hit the lottery using random numbers and the odds are far greater than 2.5 million to 1.

To be fair, this bet also requires you to be the only winner, so there's no advantage to playing chalk in each leg. That's going to lead to some weird small tickets because you literally can't win the bet by playing logical horses in each race.

Franco Santiago
08-23-2017, 09:19 PM
The truth is that even if the track provided all of that info, people would still find reason to suspect foul play - as we're seeing in this thread. There is an ingrained belief that racing is corrupt, and that there's no way someone could legitimately win a big payout without it being a past post, rigged tote, whale with some special access to pools, etc. There's always a boogeyman.

Excellent point. I saw this in online poker, too. "This site is corrupt...can you believe I got coolered with a 2-outer???!!!".

Generally, it's not winners complaining.

whisperlunch
08-26-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm not complaining. Fact is There has been numerous times of cheaters being busted in this sport. From jockeys , drivers, trainers, and Drexel boys. It's a rigged sport. Unless you play the spa or delmar or top tier tracks you are gonna get screwed. Then you sprinkle in a .40 cent ticket that has 5 bombs hit and it takes down the pool. Hell ya I'm gonna want to know what's up with that ticket.

formula_2002
08-27-2017, 05:46 PM
this was my attempt 11 years ago.
it did work (at times:))
perhaps i'll take another attempt, unless someone has an better way

see note 3 on the following thread for betting format

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62940&highlight=betitandforgetit

wow.It was 2004 when I first came up the betitandforgetit program.
I'm updating it now.
I'm attaching the manual and a picture of the excel format.
comments would be appreciated.
the software is being upgraded and will better comply with the manual

formula_2002
08-27-2017, 05:58 PM
here is the manual

formula_2002
08-28-2017, 10:06 AM
The program can be reconfigured so the conditional bet is not only based on the track odds but also based on additional conditions such as those required by my tote board odds analysis. more fun ahead:)
I post those picks in the selections forum

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2017, 02:35 PM
This is mind blowing that this .40 cent ticket takes down that pic six and I guarantee that 99% of horse players have no clue to this uploading files on ADW accounts. I only know about it because of this forum. And I'm not sure what the hell it is. I have online accounts. I occasionally will play a pic 6, mostly pic4's & I never have structured a ticket like this. I've never thought to structure a ticket this way. I guess it shows I need to get out more.

The whole point of this was I really thought there was a scam or past posting

UnrealDude, it MIGHT be something untoward like past posting...but most likely, it's somebody who actually devotes much time and effort into actually WINNING this bet...and designs his plays in such a way that guarantees he or she will be sole winner if he's right in a big way.

Like Jeff said, it doesn't take much to write a program to spit out all these little tickets based on your picks...and spit them out in such a way that you will take down the whole thing if you are right. Then it's just a matter of batch uploading them to the ADW...many ADWs offer batch uploading of wagers contained in a text file...not sure if NYRA bets does, as I don't use them...I'm sure someone else has answered that question (I haven't gotten through the entire thread yet...)

It amazes me how quick people are to dismiss the idea that there are people out there playing this game who are infinitely smarter and more clever then you or I. I fully acknowledge there are people in this world, in all walks of life, who are doing things I haven't even dreamed of, to succeed. Why do you think this wouldn't apply to betting on horses?

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Believe it or not?

Bettor spends $10 to hit Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream for $259,000

http://www.drf.com/news/bettor-spends-10-hit-rainbow-6-gulfstream-259000

Excerpt:

According to officials at NYRA Bets, the winning ticket was purchased at Longshots, the simulcast facility at Aqueduct. A NYRA Bets spokesman said the winner, who remains anonymous, purchased three tickets, one for $6, a second for $3.60, and a third, which had the winning combination, for a mere 40 cents.

The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved for 12 days. It was hit on July 27 for $436,076 and again for $20,000 the following afternoon.

Saturday’s winning sequence began with four longshots that included the $59 Lil B Quick in the eighth race, the $132.60 Alarcon in the ninth, and $39.80 Switched in race 10. The winning ticket was alive to two horses, the 9-5 Miss Maserati and 60-1 Kassady Light in the finale, with Miss Maserati leading throughout to register an easy victory.Like I said, I hadn't gotten through the entire thread yet...:lol:

fmazur
09-05-2017, 05:47 PM
From Expressbet:

Congratulations to the Xpressbet customer that took down the Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream Park, turning a $48 ticket on Monday into a $166,304 payday!

HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – The 20-cent Rainbow 6 carryover jackpot at Gulfstream Park was hit Monday for a $166,304.59 jackpot.

The winning combination was purchased on Xpressbet with a $48 ticket.

The winning ticket was: 2-7/2,6-8/1/2/2/1-3,5-11 = $48

The Rainbow 6 carryover jackpot is paid out only when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six winners. On days when there is no unique ticket sold, 70 percent of that day’s pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most winners while 30 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.

The popular multi-race wager had gone unsolved for nine programs since the jackpot was hit for $259,573 Aug. 19.

The Rainbow 6 starts anew on Thursday’s nine-race program.