PDA

View Full Version : Question from an Undecided Voter (Part2)

Shacopate
08-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Why should I vote for John F. Kerry?

Seeking only positive responses. No bashing.

Part 1 is "why should I vote for George W. Bush" with the same request as above.

blind squirrel
08-08-2004, 03:22 PM
he's already read "MY PET GOAT".

cj
08-08-2004, 05:29 PM
You should vote for Kerry because he knows how to spend your money better than you do. He will allocate it to those who need it more than you do. He is a very charitable man.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Please honor Shacopate's original request. No bashing also equals no sarcasm in my book. Everyone behaved so far in the Bush thread, please give the same regard to the Kerry thread.

All you Kerry supporters, please post the positives about your candidate. It might even help me a bit, even though I don't consider myself undecided.

sq764
08-08-2004, 11:00 PM
You shouldn't vote for Kerry. i'd like to offer some reasons why you should, but I cannot think of any.

trotter
08-09-2004, 12:25 AM
How can you be undecided?

Do you think you are paying too much or too little in taxes?

Do you want government to get bigger or smaller?

Do you want a stronger or a weaker millitary?

Do you think we should ask our "enemies" at the UN if it would be ok to defend ourselves?

Do you think Affirmative Action is a racist policy?

Do you prefer the US Constitution or the Communist Manifesto?

I've got a million of them but this should give you something to "think" about.

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Why are you all having such a hard time understanding ENGLISH? Before another reply is posted, make sure you understand the ORIGINAL REQUEST!

betchatoo
08-10-2004, 05:37 AM
I tried hard not to answer this because I have been avoiding posting on these pages (I still read them all) I was hoping one of the other Democrats (not that there are many of us on this part of the site) would step up. I can think of several reasons I think you should vote for Kerry. I'll outline 3

Federal economics: When the election was held 4 years ago polls showed most Americans were not in favor of the large tax cuts that were instituted. When these cuts are coupled with the amount of money that being in Iraq is costing us, it has quickly put us in the highest deficit we have ever had. As a private citizen consider what would happen in your personal life if each year you spent twice the amount you earned. It would not be long until you fell under a debt that you would never be able to get out from.

Would this mean there would be a roll back of some of the cuts. undoubtedly. But it is doubtful it would effect you unless you are in the $200,000 + category, and it wouldn't be a major bite unless you made quite a bit more. Frankly, if you're in that tax category, odds are you are already a Republican and not asking the question of for whom to vote.

One of the major differences in economic polocies is in the view of how supply side economics works best. Since Reagan, the GOP has favored what has been known as the trickle down theory. That is, by making sure the corporations made more money they would in turn reinvest more and create more jobs. The problem with this theory in practice, is that instead of reinvesting, most companies just added to their bottom line. This created the largest differential betweem the rich and poor in America ever, until the one that is present now.

The Democratic theory is to strengthen the position of the working person. By making sure that people are earning a living wage they will have more disposable income. With this income they will purchase more goods and services and thus strengthen the economy.

International image and cooperation.
Over the last few year our image, in the eyes of a good part of the world has been tarnished. We are perceived as arrogant and non-responsive to the needs or ideas of other nations. We seek and respect their opinions only if they agree with us. While we are certainly the most powerful nation on earth, there will be many times when International cooperation will be highly beneficial.

Direction of war on terrorism
While the current administrations largest concentration of both money and troops in the war on terrorism has been in Iraq, the results in that country have not been overwhelming (yes, I know we got Saddam) In fact most of the new information we have gathered has come from the Pakistan/Afghanistan area. Kerry has said he will concentrate his effort on those areas where the terrorists are known to hide. It has long been my belief that had we concentrated the men and money on these sights we would have eliminated a far greater threat to our security than we did in Iraq

There are many other resons I could give you, (the environment, personal freedoms, tolerance to name a few) but this has been a long post and I'm sure you just wanted a few ideas, not a book

kenwoodallpromos
08-10-2004, 11:39 PM
He's not an incumbent.
He already knows how the federal govt. works.
He might not give in so much to the Chinese.
He'll keep the bad guys guessing.