PDA

View Full Version : YES....BUILD THAT WALL

incoming
08-11-2017, 02:18 AM
Did you know that over 23% of the federal prison population are illegal immigrants...some very interesting stats on the prison population that has been hidden from citizens in the past...at the link.:popcorn::popcorn:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5537041258001/?#sp=show-clips

Inner Dirt
08-11-2017, 07:48 AM
How about all the crimes committed directly and indirectly related to all the drugs that cross that border?

chadk66
08-11-2017, 09:10 AM
last time I looked 38% of Federal prisoners were illegals.

chadk66
08-11-2017, 09:12 AM
The lefty's big argument for not notifying ICE before they let one out is no reason for the cost for two days of imprisonment before they get deported. Well 38% of them in our federal prisons costs a fortune. we need to lessen the death penalty requirements it appears .

MONEY
09-08-2017, 03:52 PM
last time I looked 38% of Federal prisoners were illegals.
Ring accused of shoplifting $20 million

http://bit.ly/2j6cUzw

"Seven defendants are also charged with being in the U.S. illegally."

_______
09-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Did you know that over 23% of the federal prison population are illegal immigrants...some very interesting stats on the prison population that has been hidden from citizens in the past...at the link.:popcorn::popcorn:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5537041258001/?#sp=show-clips

Any guesses where an immigrant is sent for violating immigration laws? ICE detention facilities are a...? (Hint: Rhymes with "Mederal Trisson")

The idea behind these stories is that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate than the rest of the population. And it's true since 100% of them violated immigration law.

But if you back out violations of immigration laws, you'll find no evidence that they commit other crimes at a higher rate. In fact, the incarceration rate for undocumented immigrants is less than the population as a whole if you back out the illegal entry or overstaying of a visa.

Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense. They want to stay in this country so they have more incentive than most to stay clean. Any crime results not just in prison but deportation following.

JustRalph
09-08-2017, 10:37 PM
They get caught less often because they are hard as hell to ID and when they feel the heat they head back to Mexico or wherever.

Tom
09-09-2017, 09:45 AM
And when rouque cities defy the laws of the land and harbor them.
Sanctuary Cities needs to be cut off for all benefits of being in America - no $$, roads in and out blocked of....people not allowed to leave them.

You know martial law.
Army at the city limits, locked and loaded.

Traitors like Rahm Emanuel in the cross-hairs.

boxcar
09-09-2017, 10:00 AM
And when rouque cities defy the laws of the land and harbor them.
Sanctuary Cities needs to be cut off for all benefits of being in America - no $$, roads in and out blocked of....people not allowed to leave them.

You know martial law.
Army at the city limits, locked and loaded.

Traitors like Rahm Emanuel in the cross-hairs.

Totally agree. These sanctuary cities should walk the talk by letting these industrious, upstanding illegal aliens take up the slack of no federal funding. What a way to prove to the world that all our illegal aliens add so much to our economy and to the general growth of our country.

betovernetcapper
09-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Totally agree. These sanctuary cities should walk the talk by letting these industrious, upstanding illegal aliens take up the slack of no federal funding. What a way to prove to the world that all our illegal aliens add so much to our economy and to the general growth of our country.

I live in a sanctuary city and the African American unemployment rate is fairly high, particularly for young males. If we didn't have the Illegals here, companies would be forced to hire them. If the AA refuse to work when offered, cut off all benefits until they come to their senses or starve.

boxcar
09-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I live in a sanctuary city and the African American unemployment rate is fairly high, particularly for young males. If we didn't have the Illegals here, companies would be forced to hire them. If the AA refuse to work when offered, cut off all benefits until they come to their senses or starve.

Companies would be "forced" to hire who?

classhandicapper
09-10-2017, 10:10 AM
The idea behind these stories is that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate than the rest of the population. And it's true since 100% of them violated immigration law.

But if you back out violations of immigration laws, you'll find no evidence that they commit other crimes at a higher rate. In fact, the incarceration rate for undocumented immigrants is less than the population as a whole if you back out the illegal entry or overstaying of a visa.

Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense. They want to stay in this country so they have more incentive than most to stay clean. Any crime results not just in prison but deportation following.

I have no idea what the reality is on this, but I want to point out that something seems amiss in this discussion.

One post claims that 23% of the prison population is made up of illegal immigrants and another says that the accurate number is 38%.

You are claiming that when you back out violations of immigration law illegals are no more likely to commit crimes than other Americans.

I don't know what percentage of the total US population is made up of illegal immigrants, but it's probably between 3%-7%. So if they were committing crimes at the same rate, the prison population should be a similar percent. I'll grant a couple of ticks higher just in case there is some kind of racism at work and some are in jail for immigration violation. But the numbers still don't add up. Something is wrong.

_______
09-10-2017, 11:12 AM
I have no idea what the reality is on this, but I want to point out that something seems amiss in this discussion.

One post claims that 23% of the prison population is made up of illegal immigrants and another says that the accurate number is 38%.

You are claiming that when you back out violations of immigration law illegals are no more likely to commit crimes than other Americans.

I don't know what percentage of the total US population is made up of illegal immigrants, but it's probably between 3%-7%. So if they were committing crimes at the same rate, the prison population should be a similar percent. I'll grant a couple of ticks higher just in case there is some kind of racism at work and some are in jail for immigration violation. But the numbers still don't add up. Something is wrong.

What's off is the deliberate exclusion of state prison's where most inmates are incarcerated and where immigration isn't a crime (The Constitution leaves the power enforce immigration law to the Federal government).

Undocumented immigrants are closer to 9% of the total population and around 4% of the combined state/federal prison population. But those numbers don't paint the picture the author's of pieces like those linked want you to take away. So they ignore the much larger state prison population and focus on only the tiny sliver in Federal prisons where (Shocker!!) people caught without papers are incarcerated.

They leave it to the reader to draw the conclusion that there is a crime wave being committed by illegals when, for the most part, the crime is nothing more than overstaying a visa or entering illegally.

The big picture is that undocumented aliens are a smaller slice of the much larger state prison population than their population outside. State prison is where you would find evidence of an undocumented crime wave and it simply isn't there. Undocumented are statistically LESS likely to be convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison than the population as a whole.

But, people will quote the linked articles because it reinforces their already held beliefs and ignore anything that like this that points out the flaws in their conclusions.

Clocker
09-10-2017, 11:39 AM
The big picture is that undocumented aliens are a smaller slice of the much larger state prison population than their population outside.

And the big picture is that over half of the illegals in this country enter legally and overstay their visas. I have not seen any documentation on it, but it would seem that these are not the kind of people who are caught and go to prison. Or who would be stopped by a wall.

And logic would indicate that these are the kind of illegals who are really taking jobs from Americans, as opposed to those who sneak over the border and do low-pay manual labor.

classhandicapper
09-10-2017, 12:16 PM
What's off is the deliberate exclusion of state prison's where most inmates are incarcerated and where immigration isn't a crime (The Constitution leaves the power enforce immigration law to the Federal government).

Undocumented immigrants are closer to 9% of the total population and around 4% of the combined state/federal prison population. But those numbers don't paint the picture the author's of pieces like those linked want you to take away. So they ignore the much larger state prison population and focus on only the tiny sliver in Federal prisons where (Shocker!!) people caught without papers are incarcerated.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm still not sure I'm buying it totally.

There are 320 million people in the US. When the number of illegal immigrants comes up, I've seen estimates that range from 10 million to 30 million depending on the motivation of the author. Officially it's a little over 11m. That's why I suggested it's probably really somewhere between 3% and 7%. I doubt it's 9%, but if it is, that's a different problem.

I'm also going to guess that even if the illegals are all sent to Federal prison, they are typically not just being sent away because they don't have papers. I've known illegals. None ever got sent away to prison. No one knows they are illegal. What happens is that they get caught committing a crime and that exposes that they are illegal. Plus, there may be illegals in state prison for things other than the fact that they are illegal.

classhandicapper
09-10-2017, 12:21 PM
And the big picture is that over half of the illegals in this country enter legally and overstay their visas. I have not seen any documentation on it, but it would seem that these are not the kind of people who are caught and go to prison. Or who would be stopped by a wall.

And logic would indicate that these are the kind of illegals who are really taking jobs from Americans, as opposed to those who sneak over the border and do low-pay manual labor.

EVERY illegal I have known overstayed their visa and was working in some capacity. They would come to NY and just stay. However, I am in NY. It might be different on the border.

One had a legal friend in social services and had faked IDs or whatever else you need and was collecting government benefits on top of being here illegally.

MONEY
09-10-2017, 12:49 PM
In N.Y. State, government employees are not allowed to inquire about a persons immigration status.
Because of this the percentage of illegal immigrants on public assistance or in prison is unknown.

As for people without papers getting incarcerated, they don't stay in prison for long.
I live in Texas, and I know many illegal immigrants, all of them are not undocumented only because
they have been locked up & deported many times. One of them was the subject of two car chases.

Instead of pressing charges against them Texas authorities turn them over to immigration, they get
deported to Mexico and then they return to the U.S. One guy has done this nine times.

All of them are not Mexicans.
They tell the police that they are from Mexico so that they can easily return to the U.S.

classhandicapper
09-10-2017, 01:00 PM
I doubt it's 9%, but if it is, that's a different problem.

I was able to find information on what that 9% represents.

9% is the number of people in the US that are not citizens. It includes all the people that are not citizens but that are here legally. Those should be excluded.

So the "illegal" number is probably closer to my guess of the official count (which is around 3+%) and 7%.

And to be clear, the reason I suspect there is more criminal activity among illegals than in the general population is that there are correlations between education/poverty and crime. I don't think there are a lot of college educated accountants and computer programmers sneaking across the border or coming here illegally.:-)

chadk66
09-11-2017, 09:26 AM
I don't believe those that are being held simply on immigration charges are being included in the population numbers of federal prisons. Which means I don't believe those numbers are in the 38% of federal prisoners. Until someone links something that proves those in prison are simply there for immigration issues I'm not buying it. I also don't believe where they house those people would be considered prisons. They would be holding centers and wouldn't be considered in the prison numbers.

upthecreek
03-16-2018, 09:18 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/974630009330642944

lamboguy
03-16-2018, 09:33 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/974630009330642944it sounds like she likes the wall, she just doesn't like the height of it!

walls and prisons are things most liberals love. she's no different. i think she is wrong about the height, i would love to see it built much higher than the proposals so far.

Tom
03-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Nutty Nancy @ it again

Nancy is too high.

letswastemoney
03-16-2018, 10:33 AM
I like the wall idea, but I feel like it will never be built unless Trump is elected again.

How long does building the wall take? What if Trump loses 2020?

If it's not Trump, the next President will probably order the wall to be stopped or taken down.

elysiantraveller
03-16-2018, 10:44 AM
I thought "Mr. 65% Agenda Completion" already built it... ;)

chadk66
03-16-2018, 06:28 PM
I like the wall idea, but I feel like it will never be built unless Trump is elected again.

How long does building the wall take? What if Trump loses 2020?

If it's not Trump, the next President will probably order the wall to be stopped or taken down.I've heard two years.

incoming
04-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Prototype of the new wall.....very impressive.....solar panels and electric cars for maintance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UacG9sh0INc

jk3521
04-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Prototype of the new wall.....very impressive.....solar panels and electric cars for maintance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UacG9sh0INc

A pipe dream. Lo siento.

JustRalph
04-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Never get built.

He’s too busy fighting with his own side in Congress

incoming
04-12-2018, 05:47 AM
Some people are hard to convince of the abilities of the Stable Genius... recent events that are starting to move into the win column....negotiations on tariffs with China .....Brown on border troops....politicians just giving up and walking away from the swamp......little rocket man....The Obama-Clinton cabal.

Yes, the wall will get built ....he has not even trotted out
#GoFundMe, yet :)

chadk66
04-12-2018, 10:16 AM
he has so many different ways to pay for the wall.

letswastemoney
04-12-2018, 10:38 AM
The left's resistance to protecting our borders will always be insane to me. There may as well not even be a border.

barahona44
04-12-2018, 11:20 AM
I don't believe those that are being held simply on immigration charges are being included in the population numbers of federal prisons. Which means I don't believe those numbers are in the 38% of federal prisoners. Until someone links something that proves those in prison are simply there for immigration issues I'm not buying it. I also don't believe where they house those people would be considered prisons. They would be holding centers and wouldn't be considered in the prison numbers.

If they didn't go there voluntarily and they're not allowed to leave,I'd call it a prison.

horses4courses
04-15-2018, 09:23 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Daz_VYPVAAAn_iz.jpg:small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5QZC37SJHM

chadk66
04-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Like Tucker Carlson says they're only opposed to it because they know it'll work. Those that try to use the excuse we shouldn't spend the money on it need to just look at it as "shovel ready jobs"

Tom
04-16-2018, 12:15 PM
Speaking of shovel-ready jobs......

HalvOnHorseracing
04-17-2018, 01:53 PM
I was in Nogales once. There's a wall, lights like a baseball stadium, and a border crossing station. ICE is all over the place. ICE even asked me where I was born. Still, the Mexicans found a way to ignore the border through a sophisticated tunnel network.

The port manager told me most of the people crossing by tunnel were drug dealers moving product and money.

incoming
04-17-2018, 02:25 PM
I was in Nogales once. There's a wall, lights like a baseball stadium, and a border crossing station. ICE is all over the place. ICE even asked me where I was born. Still, the Mexicans found a way to ignore the border through a sophisticated tunnel network.

The port manager told me most of the people crossing by tunnel were drug dealers moving product and money.

Go to post #26 and take a gander at the real wall.

Clocker
04-17-2018, 02:28 PM
he has so many different ways to pay for the wall.

I thought Mexico was going to pay for it. :confused:

wisconsin
04-17-2018, 03:15 PM
I thought Mexico was going to pay for it. :confused:

Metaphorically speaking. I still cannot believe how many people take it literally like countries exchanging cash. It's not too hard to figure it out.

chadk66
04-17-2018, 04:15 PM
So easy to make them pay. And most of them ways they won't even know they're doing it.

wisconsin
04-17-2018, 05:13 PM
So easy to make them pay. And most of them ways they won't even know they're doing it.

Exactly that, and exactly what Trump meant. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
04-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Metaphorically speaking. I still cannot believe how many people take it literally like countries exchanging cash. It's not too hard to figure it out.

I don't take it literally, but a lot of Trump supporters did.

The last plan I heard was that he was going to pay for the wall with tariffs on imports from Mexico. The little snag there is that tariffs on imports are passed on to US consumers. They pay, not Mexico.

wisconsin
04-17-2018, 08:47 PM
The lack of illegals milking the U.S. will have the largest impact. In the abstract, the wall will cost money to build. It's the long term savings that will make it up.

horses4courses
04-17-2018, 09:33 PM
I still cannot believe how many people take it literally like countries exchanging cash

True.
No need for cash.

Visa, Mastercard......heck, even a personal check would do nicely.
American Express to pay for the wall? Priceless..........:lol:

HalvOnHorseracing
04-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Go to post #26 and take a gander at the real wall.

Oh yeah. They'll never figure out how to beat THAT wall.

upthecreek
04-29-2018, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/990687474442784769

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Kamala should use the slogan "Make America Soft Again" when she runs for Prez

upthecreek
04-29-2018, 05:46 PM
https://twitter.com/RodStryker/status/990680117557985280

Tom
04-29-2018, 05:51 PM
This is a case where you open fire on the crowd.

davew
04-29-2018, 06:59 PM
I keep hearing that illegal immigrants are LESS likely to commit a crime and end up in jail. If the population in jail is 23%, does that mean the total population is more than 25% illegals? Over 300 million in census, so over 75 million additional illegals?

woodbinepmi
04-29-2018, 07:39 PM
I don't remember liberals howling at the moon when President Clinton built a large portion of the wall to Mexico.

fast4522
04-29-2018, 08:07 PM
I don't remember liberals howling at the moon when President Clinton built a large portion of the wall to Mexico.

Trump winning the Presidency exposed a huge crack in their base, both sides will focus on that crack. Failure to do so means 20 years of the other party in power.

horses4courses
04-29-2018, 08:23 PM
This group of people at the border is acting within the law and seeking asylum.
Not that many around here have much regard for the law, unless it suits them.

chrisl
04-29-2018, 08:35 PM

If you were really true to your word. You would be down their licking their wounds and handing out water and sandwiches....Typing your so called morals is easier....Funny

JustRalph
04-29-2018, 09:18 PM

Hysterical

horses4courses
04-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Hysterical

Yeah, I guess an old beat cop isn't much on international law. :rolleyes:

fast4522
04-29-2018, 10:14 PM

JR has rolled every time it was his duty to answer the call, international law and the world court has no place here. The President can suspend all immigration if he makes the choice to suspend as others have done before him, international law has no jurisdiction here.

woodtoo
04-30-2018, 11:52 AM
https://twitter.com/RodStryker/status/990680117557985280

These 'children' all seem over 16 years old and well fed and could probably join the armed forces and fit right in.

upthecreek
05-01-2018, 05:53 PM
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/05/01/doj-starts-charging-caravan-with-federal-crimes-n2476331?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=

chadk66
05-01-2018, 06:52 PM
they should seek asylum is Mexico. Far closer to their culture

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I guess an old beat cop isn't much on international law. :rolleyes:And you keep wondering how Trump won.

Hint, it wasn't Russians.

JustRalph
05-04-2018, 04:51 PM

I just saw this after PA quoted it. You’re an idiot......

Tom
05-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Still got your nightstick around? :cool:

upthecreek
08-08-2018, 03:45 PM
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1027275793095970817

Tom
08-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Sounds good.
After all, MEXICO allows its citizens to cross over, and it allows those from Central America to pass through.

Excellent idea!

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2018, 12:15 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.komu.com/news/children-found-in-new-mexico-compound-were-training-for-school-shootings-prosecutors-say

upthecreek
10-09-2018, 12:41 PM
https://twitter.com/CoreyStewartVA/status/1049694934763225089

VigorsTheGrey
10-09-2018, 01:27 PM
What, we celebrate when the Berlin Wall is torn down, make that tearing down a symbol of freedom, then turn around and build a wall of our own...as part of Making America Great Again (MAGA)...?

We are becoming another Israel, building walls to keep out the Palestinians...we are not your sheep you know...your efforts to pen us in or out will always fail, we are not your subjects, to do with as you please.

boxcar
10-09-2018, 01:36 PM
What, we celebrate when the Berlin Wall is torn down, make that tearing down a symbol of freedom, then turn around and build a wall of our own...as part of Making America Great Again (MAGA)...?

We are becoming another Israel, building walls to keep out the Palestinians...we are not your sheep you know...your efforts to pen us in or out will always fail, we are not your subjects, to do with as you please.

"Pen us in or out"? What are you talking about?

And yes, the Berlin Wall coming down was celebrated because its intent to keep communism dissenters behind those walls so that they could not escape to freedom.

But if you're concerned about being penned up and kept from freely migrating to south of zee border, you have nothing to worry about.

VigorsTheGrey
10-09-2018, 02:02 PM

And yes, the Berlin Wall coming down was celebrated because its intent to keep communism dissenters behind those walls so that they could not escape to freedom.

But if you're concerned about being penned up and kept from freely migrating to south of zee border, you have nothing to worry about.
There is just something about border WALLS that most humans find objectionable...human beings have been migratory for millennia...when conditions for living become intolerable, large swaths of humans MIGRATE for survival...it is built into our genes...artificial barriers will not keep us out if our survival depends on being on the other side...you may think you own us, and tell us where we can and cannot be, but who are you to tell us THAT...? Who made you LORD OF THE PLANET...?

boxcar
10-09-2018, 02:39 PM
There is just something about border WALLS that most humans find objectionable...human beings have been migratory for millennia...when conditions for living become intolerable, large swaths of humans MIGRATE for survival...it is built into our genes...artificial barriers will not keep us out if our survival depends on being on the other side...you may think you own us, and tell us where we can and cannot be, but who are you to tell us THAT...? Who made you LORD OF THE PLANET...?

Airplanes fly over walls. If you ever feel the need to survive somewhere else and to escape from this "deplorable" country , you can always catch a flight to Cuba, Venezuela or some other progressive-socialist-communistic mecca and apply for political asylum. Your fear of walls is irrational.

Tell me, do you own a home by chance? If so, do you have tall, solid fencing or even a wall protecting the perimeter of your property? Does your fencing or wall prohibit you from stepping out and "migrating" to parts and places beyond your property lines? If not, your fear of a border wall is irrational. The intent behind the wall is too help keep the bad guys out and control all immigration. The wall will not put an end to the lawful application process for legal entry into the country.

And, no, I'm not "lord of the planet" -- but perhaps lord of rational and logical thinking". :coffee:

JustRalph
10-09-2018, 02:59 PM

What the hell?

The Berlin Wall was there to keep people in.

Trumps wall, to keep criminals out.

VigorsTheGrey
10-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Airplanes fly over walls. If you ever feel the need to survive somewhere else and to escape from this "deplorable" country , you can always catch a flight to Cuba, Venezuela or some other progressive-socialist-communistic mecca and apply for political asylum. Your fear of walls is irrational.

Tell me, do you own a home by chance? If so, do you have tall, solid fencing or even a wall protecting the perimeter of your property? Does your fencing or wall prohibit you from stepping out and "migrating" to parts and places beyond your property lines? If not, your fear of a border wall is irrational. The intent behind the wall is too help keep the bad guys out and control all immigration. The wall will not put an end to the lawful application process for legal entry into the country.

And, no, I'm not "lord of the planet" -- but perhaps lord of rational and logical thinking". :coffee:

Fences depend on where you live...most of Minnesota lacks fences because it snows a lot and they have more of an ethos of good neighbors...but neighborhood fences and massive border crossing obstructions are really apples and oranges and address quite different issues...the two ought not be conflated, logically speaking.

I’m not a Communist/ Socialist, never have been, never will be...in fact I loath both of them, especially Corporate-Too-Big-To-Fail Socialism/ Inverted Totalitarism which is what we have here in the US...The reason you don’t understand that America is Totalitarian is because ours is the inverted type like what author Wolin speaks of here...
https://archive.org/details/ChrisHedges-SheldonWolin-RealNews-2014...

VigorsTheGrey
10-09-2018, 04:02 PM
What the hell?

It is illogical to presume that mass immigration is entirely composed of “before the crossing criminals”...And I assume then, that all are made into criminals upon entering into the country without proper application and approval from authorities.

While this may be the case technically, it doesn’t address the real causes for this massive emigration...which is largely the result of failed states from which these immigrants are fleeing...

In the case of Europe, most immigrants are fleeing Western backed Neo-liberal IMF financial strangulation and Neo-con economic constraints and political and military intervention and resource-target exploitation, aka, “resource wars”...

In order to properly address the issue of Mexican and South American mass immigration we must have the ability to see how Global Elites economic predation has worked its destructive “magic” there as well...

I don’t think it is very humanitarian to IMF a country to death, then when the ordinary people (victims) attempt to flee, our answer is to build a wall and turn a blind eye to our own Neo-liberal involvement in their Nation’s calamities...If Argentina was on our border, the Argentines would be flocking here as well

Tom
10-09-2018, 04:29 PM

If you don't see the difference, there is no point in talking to you about anything.

Ever take a history class?
And pass it?:rolleyes:

Tom
10-09-2018, 04:30 PM
What the hell?

Notice he made it about the Jews.
The guy is a troll, 100% nothing else.

boxcar
10-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Fences depend on where you live...most of Minnesota lacks fences because it snows a lot and they have more of an ethos of good neighbors...but neighborhood fences and massive border crossing obstructions are really apples and oranges and address quite different issues...the two ought not be conflated, logically speaking.

I’m not a Communist/ Socialist, never have been, never will be...in fact I loath both of them, especially Corporate-Too-Big-To-Fail Socialism/ Inverted Totalitarism which is what we have here in the US...The reason you don’t understand that America is Totalitarian is because ours is the inverted type like what author Wolin speaks of here...
https://archive.org/details/ChrisHedges-SheldonWolin-RealNews-2014...

No, fences/walls in local homes or even gated communities are logically sound analogies to border walls because as I pointed out earlier (and JR again!), the border wall is designed to keep criminals and other undesirable types out. This is also why many homeowners and private, gated communities have walls and fences around them.

Look at it this way: The U.S.A. is a sovereign nation with its own government and laws. As such, we could be likened to privately owned property. We're not public property that anyone on the planet can walk on at will, no more than anyone has a right to come unto my property uninvited and snoop around. Immigration is fine, as long as the guests (immigrants) are officially (legally) invited. All others can stay out!

Tom
10-09-2018, 04:45 PM
May I suggest IGNORE?
This constant slew of racist rants is disgusting.
He might be allowed to post here, but no one has to read his vile postings.:puke:

MONEY
10-09-2018, 04:49 PM

We need open borders so, someday we can be like Syria, Afghanistan or maybe Somalia.

VigorsTheGrey
10-09-2018, 05:11 PM
May I suggest IGNORE?
This constant slew of racist rants is disgusting.
He might be allowed to post here, but no one has to read his vile postings.:puke:
Racists rants...?

Go ahead, read thru my history since PA allowed me back...post all of my “racist rants”. I dare you...let the truth be known...

What, there is a thread, and you expect everyone replying to be in accord with building a wall across the entire south...? Threads are MEANT for there to be discussions among various positions examining the various merits of the position...when you use the ad hominem attack card you throw the discussion off track and lose the point of the discussion...

I think calling some here a “racist” or “anti-Semite” would qualify for a red card...just like calling someone a “jingo” or “bigot” would also...

But I also am aware of “in-group” / “out-group” dynamics on web blog sites...how often the “in-group” piles onto “out-group” position as a means of preserving group cohesion...the “out-group” members and their positions are often vilified here...PA is doing a great job in prevent the name-calling abusers from de-railing things...

...I am not a troll, anytime you want I’ll converse with you on a genuine human level without belittling your opinions...

elysiantraveller
10-09-2018, 07:03 PM

Those were good illegals. ;)

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2018, 08:44 PM
ely never comments much on vigor posts...

Wonder where he stands on them...

elysiantraveller
10-09-2018, 08:46 PM
ely never comments much on vigor posts...

Wonder where he stands on them...

I don't read them.

What does he low-key not like Jews or something? I really don't pay attention as he goes off the rails a lot.

fast4522
10-09-2018, 11:40 PM

You do not have to sell me, I hate him.

ReplayRandall
10-09-2018, 11:52 PM

The Troll's favorite movie clip:

https://youtu.be/3q3rqCDuaMc

VigorsTheGrey
10-10-2018, 12:42 AM
I think all of you are being very unfair to me...go ahead, read all my posts since PA let me come back...post all the ones you think are racist rants...

And if this is all about Trunews and Pastor Rick Wiles then say so...
Nothing in my posts is racist...

There is nothing in my posts that would warrant your derision of me...you all just need a scapegoat to pile onto for in-group cohesion...please be specific about my so-called abuses of your sensitivities...

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2018, 01:01 AM
I think all of you are being very unfair to me...go ahead, read all my posts since PA let me come back...post all the ones you think are racist rants...

And if this is all about Trunews and Pastor Rick Wiles then say so...
Nothing in my posts is racist...

There is nothing in my posts that would warrant your derision of me...you all just need a scapegoat to pile onto for in-group cohesion...please be specific about my so-called abuses of your sensitivities...Now you're a psychologist eh?

in-group cohesion? I couldn't give a flying **** if anyone agrees with me or not.

I call 'em like I see 'em, and I've been calling you out on this FROM THE START. This isn't some recent stuff.

Now that others have been calling you out on it lately, MULTIPLE PEOPLE over multiple weeks, you can't just blame it on me having some sort of bias against you.

Maybe it's YOU. Ever think of that? Nah...