PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga vs Del Mar

Suff
08-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Me? Personally.... I'm tired of the comparisons. There is none.

Not even close. It is an INSULT to even try and compare those 12.5 claimers vs our 58 allow races. and everything else NYRA is doing, is way above what they are doing,

Game over

Suff
08-08-2004, 02:34 AM
plus our crowds... and our women and our "players"

stfu

Hosshead
08-08-2004, 03:21 AM
I guess you haven't seen the scantily clad women who go to the beach (6furlongs away) to soak up the sun in the morning, and then to Del Mar in the afternoon. Yes , no comparison.

kingfin66
08-08-2004, 03:31 AM
They're both great and I can't handicap either worth a damn. TIE!!! (although The Spa does have fuller fields).

JustRalph
08-08-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Hosshead
I guess you haven't seen the scantily clad women who go to the beach (6furlongs away) to soak up the sun in the morning, and then to Del Mar in the afternoon. Yes , no comparison.

The two best things about California........the two "W's"

Weather and the Women

Suff
08-08-2004, 06:57 AM

GUESS YU NEVER SEEN THE 5000 A NIGHT MANHHATTAN LADYS THAT ROAM THE SPA? HANDS DOWN...... WE'LL TAKE THE CROWN

Hosshead
08-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Suff
GUESS YU NEVER SEEN THE 5000 A NIGHT MANHHATTAN LADYS THAT ROAM THE SPA?
Hookers don't count.

At Del Mar BON means Bikinis ON, and BOF is after the races. on those beautiful beach summer nights.

Suff
08-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Hookers don't count.

At Del Mar BON means Bikinis ON, and BOF is after the races. on those beautiful beach summer nights.

OK YOU WIN. BUT WE DO HAVE BETTER HOOKERS.......SO THERE!!

Hosshead
08-08-2004, 08:41 AM
OK YOU WIN. BUT WE DO HAVE BETTER HOOKERS.......SO THERE!! <g>

keilan
08-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Saratoga vs Del Mar --- I play both venues and there simply is no comparison between the quality of racing. Del Mar should consider limiting their race cards to 3 to 4 per week. Many of their races are filled with cheap horses and I try and stay away from crap-shots.

Wish I could comment about the quality of the female patrons but since I have never been to either track, I’ll have to take you guy’s word on that. Though handicapping the lady’s sounds about as much fun as standing in the short line. :)

BillW
08-08-2004, 12:57 PM
OK YOU WIN. BUT WE DO HAVE BETTER HOOKERS.......SO THERE!!

They were HOOKERS? :eek: :o :eek:

Trijack
08-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Suff

Well, I have been to both tracks DMR for sure has the better looking women. As far as the races go I like to bet claiming races better than alw races.

At Toga the best looking women I seen was at the Hotel where we went for drinks and they were the waitresses .

Jack

kingfin66
08-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I was at Del Mar once as an eight year old. We were in the paddock standing between Angie Dickenson and Burt Bacharach. They were married at the time. Pepper and Burt are two very short people. I was taller than both of them...as a seven year old.

JustRalph
08-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by kingfin66
I was at Del Mar once as an eight year old. We were in the paddock standing between Angie Dickenson and Burt Bacharach. They were married at the time. Pepper and Burt are two very short people. I was taller than both of them...as a seven year old.

I saw Burt at Del Mar in Sept. of 02. he was looking pretty damn old. He was talking to Baffert if I remember right......

Pepper.........now that is funny..........I forgot about that name. she was pretty damn hot in her day.............she is represented pretty well on the net too........

http://images.google.com/images?q=angie%20dickinson&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

rrbauer
08-09-2004, 03:01 AM
I've been to Saratoga twice. Both times it rained!

I agree with the assessment regarding the quality of the horses racing at the respective venues: Better racing stock at Saratoga.

And, I agree with the assessment regarding the quality of the human female population at the respective venues: Better eye candy at Del Mar.

But, according to the late Laz Barrera, Saratoga has one thing that Del Mar does not have: Mosquitoes!

TOOZ
08-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Both tracks are esthetically beautiful. However, Del Mar couldn't touch Saratoga's prestige with a ten foot pole. Trainers/owners would rather win a race a Saratoga with one of their babies bar none. Wait until the sales when all the big shots are in town. Then check out the first time starters in the maiden races. Pletcher definitely starts maidens specifically at this time because the boys are in town. Easiest maiden races to handicap.

delayjf
08-09-2004, 01:02 PM
The only thing I really find esthetically pleasing at Delmar is the paddock area. But looking out at the track itself, I find no comparision to Saratoga. Saratoga is green and lush, the rails are painted white, bushes line the turf courses, beautiful trees in the infield. Delmar's track looks like a neglected dried up waste land. The rails are left in their natural aluminum gray, the Turf course is brown. Maintainence equipment is parked in full view, what a eye sore. The infield is a cross between a rock concert and a carnival, with huge inflated kiddy rides. I'm surprized they don't sell cars out there. And God forbid more than 1000 people congregate in California without some kind of "laker Girls wannabees" dance group having to perform.

Other then some of the Stakes races, the quality and quantity of the racing is substandard to Saratoga.

I've been to both backstretches and again no comparision. Delmar's is cheap and dirty, possibly the worst of all the major meets run in the US. Saratoga's is simply the best.

I'd have to give the eye candy award to Delmar. The difference between Hol and Delmar is the crowd. But one gets the impression that Delmar was built to draw the Hollywood stars out so the masses can gaulk and swoon over them. At Saratoga, the horseracing is the thing. I'll bet even Brad Pitt would get kicked in the nuts for handicapping at the window, as well he should.

Valuist
08-09-2004, 01:38 PM
LOL.

Although I thought Pitt would be more of a dog racing kind of guy; he was at a dog track in Oceans Eleven.