PDA

View Full Version : Is this Place Handicapping Method any good?

fishorsechess
08-08-2004, 02:14 AM
I saw this place handicapping method on Ebay
and was wondering if its any good. I looked up
some of the names of the author on a search
engine and got nothing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=6917701779&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

andicap
08-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Yes, if I had a consistent, money-making method at the track I would certainly sellit for the "expensive" price of $39.89 or whatever.

Now, we have all fallen prey to these guys at least once in our lifetimes (although I got my money back both times -- There was the Dot System, the subject of a huge huge marketing campaign in the NY tabloids in the 1980s. And much earlier, when I was first starting out, iin the late 70s, something called the "500 system" or something like that. And I'm not even including worthless books I bought from Sam "The Genuis" Lewin and Bob McKnight. At least those had something of an entertainment value.)

And those come-ons are soooooooo alluring. What if THIS is the one? I'll never have to work again!

So I include myself when I say, there really is a sucker born every minute.

timtam
08-08-2004, 09:29 AM
I hit a $1200 triple and my highest paying mutual at the time was
a no dot longshot. So although I know the Dot system was a bust I still have some fond memories of the late Howard Henkin
and those magical dots. (or lack thereof)

timtam
08-08-2004, 09:34 AM
first horse chess,

Place Your Bets II is really an extension of the old Gary Brewer
method called Place Your Bets. I never really found it worthwhile although the premise is good. It was included in software in the late 80's and picked lots of maiden horses that had 2 good finishes but it never connected with the paper pencil method. The jist in a nutshell is watching horses running close to the lead and hopefully the time you bet them they will hang on for place.