PDA

View Full Version : Trump supporters...what don't you like about him?

letswastemoney
08-06-2017, 11:49 AM
I've supported President Trump for the most part. I'm anti open borders, so I had no choice but to hope he defeated Clinton.

What don't I like about him though?

- Chaotic White House. His staff has changed too often. (With that said, I don't mind if McMaster is fired..he doesn't seem to fit the President well).

Other than that, I'm not sure what else.

lamboguy
08-06-2017, 11:53 AM
I've supported President Trump for the most part. I'm anti open borders, so I had no choice but to hope he defeated Clinton.

What don't I like about him though?

- Chaotic White House. His staff has changed too often. (With that said, I don't mind if McMaster is fired..he doesn't seem to fit the President well).

Other than that, I'm not sure what else.you just pointed out what i consider to be his best points, he knows how to throw things into chaos and keep everyone guessing.

he is going to turn out to be one of the greatest presidents of all time, same like Truman and Clinton.

woodtoo
08-06-2017, 12:09 PM
With John Kelly in as new Chief of Staff I believe things will be more orderly.

incoming
08-06-2017, 03:37 PM
President Trump can only look good if you make the right comparisons. If you compare him with anyone in the New Democrat Party he would stand shoulder to shoulder with George Washington.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-06-2017, 03:55 PM
There is plenty not to like. Fortunately, very little of it has to do with doing the job for which he was elected.

It is the things we do like about him that makes him the best possible person to be the President.

There has never been a President in history before who has made WHAT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR HIM WANT the most important things he has to do.

jimmyb
08-06-2017, 04:02 PM
I'm waiting for the border wall to be built, NAFTA repeal, Hillary to be indicted, Repeal and replace of Obama care, the detruction of ISIS, manufacturing jobs to return from China and Mexico ... all the reasons I voted for him and have stopped holding my breath for.

He's looking more like Millard Fillmore than George Washington

chadk66
08-06-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm waiting for the border wall to be built, NAFTA repeal, Hillary to be indicted, Repeal and replace of Obama care, the detruction of ISIS, manufacturing jobs to return from China and Mexico ... all the reasons I voted for him and have stopped holding my breath for.

He's looking more like Millard Fillmore than George WashingtonI'd blame congress for most of that. after the mid terms I think you'll have more of that list being knocked off. He can't help jackasses like McCain are still in the senate.

JustRalph
08-06-2017, 04:35 PM
No Dems in jail yet

Clocker
08-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Chief of Staff John Kelly says there will not be a wall all along the border.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/report-new-white-house-chief-of-staff-believes-he-has-convinced-trump-to-give-up-on-border-wall/

Nutz and Boltz
08-06-2017, 04:54 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/report-new-white-house-chief-of-staff-believes-he-has-convinced-trump-to-give-up-on-border-wall/

Kelly is"the man"! Hope he lasts! First smart move by Trump in appointing him. He's not family, that's the best part.

AndyC
08-06-2017, 04:55 PM
I'd blame congress for most of that. after the mid terms I think you'll have more of that list being knocked off. He can't help jackasses like McCain are still in the senate.

I hear that excuse all the time. I don't buy it. He is the self-proclaimed greatest deal maker ever. Insulting and ridiculing people might work in the private sector but it hasn't helped pass legislation. He needs to act more like Ronald Reagan and less like Ronald McDonald.

Greyfox
08-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Both "The Donald" and Hilarity were past their "Best Due Dates" coming into the election.
Trump is doing the best he can for a man of his age, but his obsessing about the Russian investigation by Mueller is consuming too much of his psychic energy.
Firing Comey could prove to be a very big mistake when all is said and done.

MutuelClerk
08-06-2017, 05:29 PM
I don't like the fact he seems so thin skinned. Tweeting to avoid the media spin i understand completely. Using it for personal attack like every other elderly tweeting keyboard hero should be beneath him and his office.

Also when that health care bill passed the House and he assembled every old white guy he could find for that little party. Not smart. Being so proud of something he later called mean. He's too happy with little victories. Should be more humble but his ego wont let him. Celebrate and stroke yourself when you do things that are worthy.

Clocker
08-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I hear that excuse all the time. I don't buy it. He is the self-proclaimed greatest deal maker ever.

It takes two to make a deal, the president and the Congress. In the private sector, he often had negotiating power and usually had many deals to pick and chose from, and could walk away from any that were not to his advantage. Now he has to make deals to deliver on his agenda, and has to work with parties that have equal power.

Tom
08-06-2017, 06:25 PM

Time to fire Kelly.
He can't help jackasses like McCain are still in the senate.

Can we build the wall around McLiar, er, McCain?

Clocker
08-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Time to fire Kelly.

Can we build the wall around McLiar, er, McCain?

Kelly as head of Homeland Security talked to the people actually doing the job. They said there were better ways than a full wall. They told him that a combination of walls, fences, electronic surveillance, and boots on the ground would get better results and be much more cost effective.

Building the wall was a campaign sound bite that got a life of its own. What Kelly and his people have to say inspire a lot more confidence in my mind than a stump speech from a guy with no experience with the border problems.

"It's unlikely that we will build wall or a physical barrier from sea to shining sea," Kelly testified to the Senate Homeland Security Committee. "We're not going to build a wall where it doesn't make sense. But we'll do something across the Southwest border."

There are about 650 miles of fencing along the border, mostly in urban areas of California and Texas. Kelly has been seeking input from Customs and Border Protection officers. A typical response, he told senators, is: "Boss, if you could give me 27 more miles here, 16 miles here, I don't really care about the other 140 miles I'm responsible for."

Such "strategic fencing," he said, would deflect drug and immigrant smugglers away from cities, making them easier to catch.

"The barriers work. Technology also works," he said.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2017/04/05/sea-shining-sea-border-wall-says-trump-homeland-security-chief-kelly

JustRalph
08-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Land mines are cheap

AndyC
08-06-2017, 07:54 PM
It takes two to make a deal, the president and the Congress. In the private sector, he often had negotiating power and usually had many deals to pick and chose from, and could walk away from any that were not to his advantage. Now he has to make deals to deliver on his agenda, and has to work with parties that have equal power.

How come he has such a problem and many presidents before him didn't? He has power and the advantage of the bully pulpit and the public support. Surely he must know that when you alienate someone they are not likely to support you. Perhaps he should have Dale Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and Influence People on his nightstand instead of Art of the Deal.

ReplayRandall
08-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Time to fire Kelly.

Hold your horses there, Tom. Notice the key word in the statement:

"Chief of Staff John Kelly says there will not be a wall all along the border".

There'll be a wall built for sure, it will be strategically placed where it has the most deterring impact.....I don't think anyone ever believed there would be one contiguous wall along the border. After all, who wants to be walled-in like China?

_______
08-06-2017, 08:35 PM
How come he has such a problem and many presidents before him didn't? He has power and the advantage of the bully pulpit and the public support. Surely he must know that when you alienate someone they are not likely to support you. Perhaps he should have Dale Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and Influence People on his nightstand instead of Art of the Deal.

At this point, he has more to lose making a pivot than he has to gain.

You can only gain support from people that aren't irretrievably lost. That's now a smaller slice than the Trump bunker dwellers in our population. Those still supporting his flailing efforts will never stop supporting them. Whatever brain dropping Grandpa tweets in all caps will be relentlessly defended regardless of content.

Same with his contradictory and confusing policy positions. To them, it's all about battling swamp critters.

He's far more interested in hearing his base cheer him on than risking a legislative accomplishment. Which is odd since my read is that they would cheer him regardless.

But he would lose the tepid supporters who like things like the Gorsuch nomination and have been willing to put up with the chaos up to now.

There are more of those than there are people who oppose him but are open to changing their minds. For better or worse, he is now locked into his trajectory. Just pray we don't face an actual crisis.

barn32
08-06-2017, 09:31 PM
What's not to like about Donald Trump. The guy is perfect.

1. He defeated the Hag.

2. He doesn't wear a toupee.

3. He never lies

4. He drained the swamp.

5. His hair isn't orange, it's orangatang.

6. He built the wall; and Mexico paid for it.

7. He repealed and replaced Obamacare on his first day in office with something much, much better.

8. He's respected around the world and by all the world leaders.

9. My taxes are already lower from his tax-reform plan.

10. He's loyal to a fault-unless he's not.

11. He never plays golf like Obama did. He's always working in the oval office.

12. He didn't bring in his family members to run things.

13. He provided his tax returns just like he promised.

14. He doesn't date his daughter.

15. He attends church regularly and reads the bible every day.

16. And he is also my favorite flavor of ice cream.

What's not to like?

chadk66
08-06-2017, 09:51 PM
I don't like his hair

Track Collector
08-06-2017, 10:52 PM

1. He defeated the Hag.

2. He doesn't wear a toupee.

3. He never lies

4. He drained the swamp.

5. His hair isn't orange, it's orangatang.

6. He built the wall; and Mexico paid for it.

7. He repealed and replaced Obamacare on his first day in office with something much, much better.

8. He's respected around the world and by all the world leaders.

9. My taxes are already lower from his tax-reform plan.

10. He's loyal to a fault-unless he's not.

11. He never plays golf like Obama did. He's always working in the oval office.

12. He didn't bring in his family members to run things.

13. He provided his tax returns just like he promised.

14. He doesn't date his daughter.

15. He attends church regularly and reads the bible every day.

16. And he is also my favorite flavor of ice cream.

His term is not even 20% complete. I think I'll wait a bit longer before I start evaluating the scorecard. Unlike Presidents before him, he is going thru a learning curve when it comes to "politics", and he probably underestimated the level of dirtiness and corruption he would encounter. IMO he is absolutely the right person for the job at this present time.

With all his faults, I just don't happen to believe ALL the negative things that have been written about Trump, especially given the sources.

What's not to like? True. We don't have crooked President Hillary Clinton! :pound:

Greyfox
08-06-2017, 11:26 PM

4. He drained the swamp.

He tried to.
But Alligators didn't survive from prehistoric times without enormous defense mechanisms.
The swamp is much wider and deeper in Congress than he ever envisioned, and still can't.
Dinosaurs still can and do block progress in American legislation.
They put "Politics" before "Country."
"Draining the Swamp" was a great campaign phrase.
But it takes millions of Americans to do that.
Not just one blowhard who is on the right track with good ideas.

woodtoo
08-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Have you heard about the Democrats latest Challenge to the Trump Presidency?
The "Plastic Bag Challenge" to prove you don't want to breathe the same air as Trump.
This is the latest rage at all major universities and colleges.
:pound: