PDA

View Full Version : Half of the 8 Mayoral Candidates in Detroit are Former Felons

Lemon Drop Husker
08-04-2017, 11:04 PM
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/08/02/half-detroit-mayoral-candidates-felony-convictions/104244406/

Detroit — Half of the eight mayoral hopefuls on Detroit’s primary ballot next week have been convicted of felony crimes involving drugs, assault or weapons, a Detroit News analysis shows.
Three were charged with gun crimes and two for assault with intent to commit murder. Some of the offenses date back decades, the earliest to 1977. The most recent was in 2008.

Talk about a tough vote.

JustRalph
08-04-2017, 11:14 PM
Hysterical

reckless
08-04-2017, 11:33 PM
What party do these candidates belong to?? :lol::lol:

Lemon Drop Husker
08-04-2017, 11:38 PM
What party do these candidates belong to?? :lol::lol:

Kid Rock. Yes, THAT Kid Rock is also running for Senate in the great state of Michigan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/course-kid-rock-thinks-run-155910091.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whXG3XxxxZo

Tom
08-05-2017, 12:09 AM
Only Half?
Gee, Detroit is finally straightening itself out.
Used to be all.

Detroit deserves what it gets.
Like Chicago.

Inner Dirt
08-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Comment from article:

“Black marks on your record show you have lived a little and have overcome some challenges,” said Bowens, a former press secretary to Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer and NAACP activist.

Committing crimes is living a little?

boxcar
08-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Comment from article:

“Black marks on your record show you have lived a little and have overcome some challenges,” said Bowens, a former press secretary to Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer and NAACP activist.

In other words...those black marks clearly demonstrate that those felons have participated in the game of life, have survived and are still breathing and now deserve to be awarded. Kool. :cool:

Tom
08-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Comment from article:

How about those who have lived and managed to avoid being a thug or a lying cheater?

Let's reward THEM and let the others prove themselves in some other venue other that public service, where they will be in constant contact with felons, liars, crooks....

Marshall Bennett
08-05-2017, 10:45 AM
I suppose after Marion Barry, a convicted coke-head felon, getting elected as DC mayor anything is possible. In a crippled cesspool like Detroit, however, its probably irrelevant anyway.

kingfin66
08-06-2017, 01:34 AM
Although it does speak to the potential of Detroit having even more questionable leadership, it is great that the people get to decide who their mayor will be. If people have been held accountable for their crimes, and have been rehabilitated, good for them if they have rebuilt their lives and are running for office. I believe in second chances. People should only have to serve one sentence. Ultimately, I need an elected official to have good judgment and sound decision making ability (:lol::lol:) so I probably wouldn't vote for any of them if I lived in Detroit, which thank God I do not.