PDA

View Full Version : Bart-man gets a ring

JustRalph
07-31-2017, 07:26 PM
https://www.apnews.com/e879fd734b3f4dc896c3b9faa965e7a8/Cubs-issue-World-Series-championship-ring-to-Bartman?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

Classy !

woodbinepmi
07-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Good for him.

thaskalos
07-31-2017, 08:05 PM
The Cubs are all class...even if they CAN'T hit the ball. :)

olddaddy
07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
This ownership did the right thing, the previous one didnt.

Zaf
08-01-2017, 12:22 AM
Good Story ! Total class by the organization. :headbanger:

Z

Valuist
08-03-2017, 12:17 PM
The Cubs are all class...even if they CAN'T hit the ball. :)

Have you been watching since the All-Star break? 2nd in HRs, 4th in runs, 3rd in WRC+, 4th in slugging % and 1st in WAR (Fangraphs WAR).

thaskalos
08-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Have you been watching since the All-Star break? 2nd in HRs, 4th in runs, 3rd in WRC+, 4th in slugging % and 1st in WAR (Fangraphs WAR).

Yes, I've been watching...but do the heroics of the last 20 days erase what took place during the season's first half? I watched Arrieta struggle during the entire first half of the season...and he appears to be a different pitcher in his last few starts. So...what does this say about who the REAL Arrieta is currently...and what can be expected from him in the future?

Baseball isn't like football...where the season is brief. There are more than 80 games in baseball's half-season...and an 80+ game collective hitting slump can't exactly be cavalierly forgotten...just because a team is crushing the ball for the last 3 weeks. Reversals often occur in baseball...and then things often revert right back. And this happens in pitching...as well as in hitting.

Of course...I may change my mind if I see them light-up Zack Greinke today. :)

thaskalos
08-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Valuist...I have Greinke -120 today against Quintana. Have I miscalculated?

Valuist
08-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Valuist...I have Greinke -120 today against Quintana. Have I miscalculated?

Nope. You won the bet but they did pound Greinke pretty good. But at the prices offered, you definitely made the right bet, and not just saying that because of the outcome.

As for the earlier discussion, I guess if one believes the "true" offensive performance of the Cubs was the pre-All Star break performance, which wasn't good. But we had some severe underperformance. Schwarber was horrific in the leadoff spot. Rizzo has come around but the first 6 weeks he really struggled. Bryant's RBIs are down but lets not forget he had a guy batting .170 in the leadoff spot the first 2 months.

The team also had some real bad numbers with RISP; worse than their overall metrics. I do believe that Wrigley kills offense in April and May, and while the ball jumps out to left and left center in summer, it rarely does to RF. Between Billy Williams leaving and Rizzo joining the team, there's been very few Cubs LHH to reach 20 HRs. Durham and Bobby Murcer are the only ones I remember, and Murcer only did it once. Palmeiro was on the team for a while but had very little power until he left for Texas (and found PEDs).