PDA

View Full Version : Another day at NYRA: Carina Mia to Chad

carterista
07-31-2017, 03:36 PM
What is really becoming a joke, Chad Brown gets another super-filly. This time it's Carina Mia previously trained by Bill Mott.

Chad now has the most powerful filly contingent anywhere, both on turf and dirt. He is a super lucky guy who ended up with Paid Up Subscriber, Paulasilverlining and now Carina Mia. I can't wait unit Chad also gets Songbird.

CincyHorseplayer
07-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Why is this a joke? You have a trainer who was dominant on turf and has elevated his overall game and is getting rewarded for it with things like this. He deserves all of it IMO.

cj
07-31-2017, 04:10 PM
Why is this a joke? You have a trainer who was dominant on turf and has elevated his overall game and is getting rewarded for it with things like this. He deserves all of it IMO.

It is great for Chad, it is terrible for the sport.

Track Phantom
07-31-2017, 08:06 PM
If you boil the enjoyment of this game for horseplayers down to handicapping (meaning as a gambling option, the handicapping portion of the game separates it from its competition), handicapping trainers is a major angle. With the diversity of trainers, you can find strong tendencies and know when horses are more well-meant then others.

When you consolidate so many runners with a few trainers, there is far less to work with and makes it more of a guessing game for the handicapping population and a greater edge for those close to the barns. Those that are tight with the trainers and bet will be dictating the tote-board.To some degree, this is already happening. I don't recall the "smart" money ever being smarter than it is now. Reducing the trainer community will only exasperate this trend.

Fager Fan
07-31-2017, 09:55 PM

Why? Do you think for a second that Brown is half the horseman that Mott is?

Has anyone see Brown handle a horse doing more than at the end of a shank grazing?

At some point, we need to start acknowledging the assistants who are really doing the training for these mega managers.

CincyHorseplayer
07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
Why? Do you think for a second that Brown is half the horseman that Mott is?

Has anyone see Brown handle a horse doing more than at the end of a shank grazing?

At some point, we need to start acknowledging the assistants who are really doing the training for these mega managers.

He didn't start out a mega manager. I'll be bullish when it comes to Brown. He made his name on the grass in America and I respect that all by itself. I don't butter my horseplaying bread with these #stakes/chalk/joke races. So what happens at the upper echelon of the sport doesn't affect me. Every spring I spend half my ontrack time explaining why great horses suck to bet on! They don't get it!:p

CincyHorseplayer
07-31-2017, 10:50 PM

I hear you CJ.

GMB@BP
07-31-2017, 11:17 PM

Its not good...

Whitney looks to have 5 horses this week with 1 being a rabbit. These mega stables are killing racing.