PDA

View Full Version : SAR SAT

SAL
08-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Picks for Saratoga Saturday:

R1 #8 Surrey-Had no chance to close last time when leader got an easy lead. Ships into a good spot here and gets a decent turf jock up. Price should be ok

R2 #2 Lion Cat-Biancone already fired with a FTS this meet. This runner has good first time out breeding as well. Prado was aboard for the first winner, so count this one as “live”.

R3 #4 Storm Sizzle-Pace figures to be hot here, and this one has laid off the pace in the past. Barn is having a good meet, and Sellers should have this one in a good stalking position.

R4 #4 Outer Reef-Once promising 2yo wanted no part of the sloppy going last time. Has returned to drill well, including one on the turf. Breeding says he should take to the turf very well and the price should be good.

R5 #3 Southack-Showed signs of life last time on the turf. I think Smoke Glacken runners are generally better on the dirt, so he should run better here. Had trouble in his debut on the dirt. The Lukas runner looks scary here, so I would want a decent price on this one.

R6 #11 River Belle-Classy runner with top notch connections. If they hammer her I’ll probably watch this one.

R7 #3 Navesink River-Showed true grit last time when he dueled most of the way and pulled away at the end. The pace was honest and his closing kick was impressive given the circumstances. Like him right back here.

R8 #7 Pomeroy-I think he is the most talented of this group. Get Prado back today and should handle these.

R9 #9 Newfoundland-Unlucky to lose last time. He has been running well all year and he has a win on this oval. Should turn the tables today.

R10 #1 Oz-Had trouble in debut in the slop here last year. Barn very capable with laid up horses and second time out runners. Don’t think he’ll be 5/1 but I’ll take 5/2 or better.