PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Green Stakes

Afleet
07-29-2017, 11:21 PM
I bought the Ragozin sheets for three turf races at Saratoga today. Decided to play the pick 6. I'm a terrible turf handicapper. The sheets hated (my interpretation of the numbers) Sadlers Joy-I thought he figured so that was a big help to me. They had Franks Conversation as the fastest horse, but he has never been the distance. Ascend didn't get a good number in his last so picking up weight at low odds easy for me to bet against. I keyed Frank, Hello Don Julio, and Bigger picture on top and tossed the winner #5 Hunter O'Riley completely from the trifecta. Did anyone have this horse? I couldn't have gotten this horse w/a ouija board.

cj
07-30-2017, 12:04 AM
This is one I actually did hit and was much needed after a few rough days. I love the late ratings in the turf marathons (anything longer than a mile and a quarter). The late ratings are the numbers to the right of the running style.

Afleet
07-30-2017, 12:10 AM
This is one I actually did hit and was much needed after a few rough days. I love the late ratings in the turf marathons (anything longer than a mile and a quarter). The late ratings are the numbers to the right of the running style.

I have used timeform a few times, find it interesting, but I play in person and its too much to print out. Think I would use it more if i was a stay at home player

thanks for showing that screen print

Afleet
07-30-2017, 12:11 AM
Sadlers joy sure hit the brakes in the stretch

ReplayRandall
07-30-2017, 12:12 AM
This is one I actually did hit and was much needed after a few rough days.

You're not the only one who's been having a few rough days lately.....BTW, nice hit.

Afleet
07-30-2017, 12:17 AM

I really need help on the turf. I especially despise 5 1/2 F on the turf. I guess that's why I like Oaklawn so much.

I got nostralized in race 8@WOX in the double after having the $34 horse the race before. 4 lengths clear in the stretch and loses. Never saw the probables but I'm sure they were good. Huge kick in the balls. Had it multiple times.

cj
07-30-2017, 12:33 AM
I really need help on the turf. I especially despise 5 1/2 F on the turf. I guess that's why I like Oaklawn so much.

I got nostralized in race 8@WOX in the double after having the $34 horse the race before. 4 lengths clear in the stretch and loses. Never saw the probables but I'm sure they were good. Huge kick in the balls. Had it multiple times.

Turf sprints can be really tough. I still prefer early speed at 5 and 5.5f, but at tracks that can run 6f and longer around one turn they are more like routes than sprints many times, including 6.5 down the hill at Santa Anita.

Nice capping in the 7th...I still struggle big time on the synthetic tracks.

Tom
07-30-2017, 12:35 PM
I have used timeform a few times, find it interesting, but I play in person and its too much to print out. Think I would use it more if i was a stay at home player

thanks for showing that screen print

There is a print out - the Condensed report - that is the favorite of many of old PaceFigures users. all the PFs in a line plus the E/L pace numbers and running styles. PRint it out and but a trak program for your PPs.

GMB@BP
07-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Sadlers Joy should never had lost that race, he made a super early move to grab the lead and maybe the distance was too far for him I have to think he wins with the same ride as the winner.

The winner was hard to come up with to me comparing the two horses. I get their was a price difference but it felt like a talent difference...but these horses are proving not to be very good I suppose.