PDA

View Full Version : So tired of winning.

Hank
07-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Tired yet?:lol:

fast4522
07-28-2017, 10:24 PM
Tired yet?:lol:

Bet you are.

JustRalph
07-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Bet you are.

He's a Dem . They haven't won anything since 2012

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 02:29 AM
But seriously, what has he really won in terms of his campaign promises. His big things were The Wall, tax reform, and repeal and replace. He has done okay with jobs, had a pretty good trip abroad earlier this month. Oh, and he managed to get a new Supreme Court Justice sworn in. It's not to say that he can't still get things done, but it really isn't going well from where I sit. His White House is in turmoil - it seems like a soap opera - and he is under investigation. Perhaps there is nothing there, but it is still a major distraction. He has no answer for Korea.

For a guy that touts himself as a great deal maker, he has shown himself to be a guy who is an ineffective leader. Note that I am honestly not a Trump hater. It seems like repealing the ACA would have been easy for him to do, but even that has become a mess. It continues to be a fiscal drain. I think that if you were looking at things honestly, you would actually be disappointed in the performance of your president. And by that, I mean as the conservative that you hold yourself out to be. Of course Democrats aren't going to like him and will continue to try to oppose him.

Part of the problem that he is going to continue to have and it is going to interfere with his ability to govern is that he a guy that does not inspire loyalty. He doesn't trust anybody other than family and he does not inspire trust in others. It is just incredible to see how he has thrown his AG under the bus and points fingers at Republicans who did not vote for the repeal. It would have been a time to show leadership. I can only shake my head.

If there was ever a guy that truly needs a win it is President Trump. Maybe we will see a win that is good for America soon, but I suspect that what we will actually get are more tweets.

Track Collector
07-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Given that Trump had little to no political experience, I think he greatly underestimated the amount of backstabbing and outright opposition from the very same party he was affiliated with.

Matters are of course made much worse when the sewer of corruption and self-preservation circles the wagons to protect itself from detection, exposure, and potential changes.

Whether folks believe it on not, Trump is a very smart individual, and time will tell what changes and adjustments are made to his ground game to move his agenda forward. I anticipate slow and steady progress, but not miracles.

chadk66
07-29-2017, 09:06 AM
But seriously, what has he really won in terms of his campaign promises. His big things were The Wall, tax reform, and repeal and replace. He has done okay with jobs, had a pretty good trip abroad earlier this month. Oh, and he managed to get a new Supreme Court Justice sworn in. It's not to say that he can't still get things done, but it really isn't going well from where I sit. His White House is in turmoil - it seems like a soap opera - and he is under investigation. Perhaps there is nothing there, but it is still a major distraction. He has no answer for Korea.

For a guy that touts himself as a great deal maker, he has shown himself to be a guy who is an ineffective leader. Note that I am honestly not a Trump hater. It seems like repealing the ACA would have been easy for him to do, but even that has become a mess. It continues to be a fiscal drain. I think that if you were looking at things honestly, you would actually be disappointed in the performance of your president. And by that, I mean as the conservative that you hold yourself out to be. Of course Democrats aren't going to like him and will continue to try to oppose him.

Part of the problem that he is going to continue to have and it is going to interfere with his ability to govern is that he a guy that does not inspire loyalty. He doesn't trust anybody other than family and he does not inspire trust in others. It is just incredible to see how he has thrown his AG under the bus and points fingers at Republicans who did not vote for the repeal. It would have been a time to show leadership. I can only shake my head.

If there was ever a guy that truly needs a win it is President Trump. Maybe we will see a win that is good for America soon, but I suspect that what we will actually get are more tweets.The wall and tax reform couldn't even come before the first budget cycle. Which is coming very soon. Doesn't really matter what Trump wants if he has a bunch of worthless republicans in the house and senate. He will do what he can until the mid terms. Then it'll be game on. The stuff that is happening now needed to happen to expose all the Rhino's for who they are so they can be gotten rid of. All part of the process.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-29-2017, 09:25 AM

If there was ever a guy that truly needs a win it is President Trump. Maybe we will see a win that is good for America soon, but I suspect that what we will actually get are more tweets.

I'll certainly be disappointed if the wall or a technological equivalent is not created. But the fact is that because of Trump's backing the number of aliens coming in to this country has dropped from an epidemic to a trickle. The economy has made an exponential turnaround while the elimination of absurd regulations strangling business have been eliminated. He has also made other countries start paying their fair share, starting by getting us out of the anti-America Paris Accord.

Trump has properly defined criminals while Democrats think they have the right to only apply laws they deem appropriate. Law enforcement is finally targeting gangs that endanger us all. You don't hear a peep out of Democrats when illegal aliens murder Americans from inside their protected homes in illegal sanctuary cities.

As for the stagnation on health care reform and tax reform, that falls squarely on Congress. While most of it falls on the GOP who controls Congress, we must add the worthless Democrats who spend their days mocking Republicans instead of offering worthwhile suggestions.

I remain one of the 96% of Trump voters who is pleased with my vote; pleased with the job he has done, and if the next Presidential election was held today, I would vote for his re-election.

Clocker
07-29-2017, 09:37 AM
For a guy that touts himself as a great deal maker, he has shown himself to be a guy who is an ineffective leader. Note that I am honestly not a Trump hater. It seems like repealing the ACA would have been easy for him to do, but even that has become a mess.

There has been no coherent leadership on the repeal, either in the Congress or from the White House. The House and Senate could not agree on anything and the White House neither offered a plan nor supported anything coming from Congress.

Obama seemed to spend as much time on the road pimping ObamaCare as he did originally did running for president. I don't remember a single speech from Trump promoting repeal.

lamboguy
07-29-2017, 09:49 AM
he's doing ok by me. all you really want from a president is to protect the borders and make sure the air is good to breath and water clean enough to drink. any other conservative or liberal agenda is a waste of time to me.

JustRalph
07-29-2017, 10:15 AM
The first money for the wall was passed in the budget bill in the house yesterday. Slowly but surely

Tom
07-29-2017, 11:42 AM
But seriously, what has he really won in terms of his campaign promises. His big things were The Wall, tax reform, and repeal and replace.The wall just funded to start - plans in place for where.
The tax cuts and repeal and replace area the direct fault of the two biggest losers this country has ever wen - Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. Two losers from word go leading a a collection of worthless GOP scumbags who never did anything but make money from their offices.

Trump is doing OK, but before he can do it all, he needs to recognize just WHO the swamp really is. Ryan, Mitchy, McCain.

The fact is, losers though they are, the dems are FAR and away better at the game then any of the GOP. The GOP have do not have two balls among the whole party. They are greedy, lazy lying, sniveling cowards. A POX on the GOP.

Trump must destroy the party.

But, to the OP, we will take winning the battles along the way.

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 11:44 AM
he's doing ok by me. all you really want from a president is to protect the borders and make sure the air is good to breath and water clean enough to drink. any other conservative or liberal agenda is a waste of time to me.

1. I would argue that building a wall will not protect the borders in the manner that you hope. Sure it will keep some from entering the country overland. It will briefly disrupt drug flow....until they find other ways in. Travel bans will only give those who will do us harm more resolve to do so.

2. It will be interesting to see how much damage Trump has done to the environment by the time he finishes. Don't take that fresh air and clean water for granted. So far, he hasn't had any wins where the environment is concerned.

Medicare - waste of time?
Social Security - waste of time?
Supreme Court - waste of time?
Budget, deficit, debt, debt ceiling - waste of time?
Taxes, tax reform - waste of time?
Education - waste of time?

To name a few agenda items that most Americans feel are important, but to you are a waste of time.

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 11:45 AM
The wall just funded to start - plans in place for where.
The tax cuts and repeal and replace area the direct fault of the two biggest losers this country has ever wen - Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. Two losers from word go leading a a collection of worthless GOP scumbags who never did anything but make money from their offices.

Trump is doing OK, but before he can do it all, he needs to recognize just WHO the swamp really is. Ryan, Mitchy, McCain.

The fact is, losers though they are, the dems are FAR and away better at the game then any of the GOP. The GOP have do not have two balls among the whole party. They are greedy, lazy lying, sniveling cowards. A POX on the GOP.

Trump must destroy the party.

But, to the OP, we will take winning the battles along the way.

That's an interesting view on Paul Ryan. It was just about two years ago that the Republicans were begging him to become the House Speaker.

Clocker
07-29-2017, 11:53 AM
1. I would argue that building a wall will not protect the borders in the manner that you hope. Sure it will keep some from entering the country overland. It will briefly disrupt drug flow....until they find other ways in. Travel bans will only give those who will do us harm more resolve to do so.

The last data I saw showed that about half the illegals in this country came in legally and overstayed their visas. If either party has ever done anything or proposed to do anything about cracking down on this, I have never heard of it.

Intuitively, these are the kind of illegals that would be taking better jobs away from citizens and taking more money out of the country than the stereotypical illegal that walks across the southern border.

Tom
07-29-2017, 12:12 PM
That's an interesting view on Paul Ryan. It was just about two years ago that the Republicans were begging him to become the House Speaker.

And as we have seen the republicans are bunch of losers.
Of course they like him. :pound:

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 12:16 PM
The last data I saw showed that about half the illegals in this country came in legally and overstayed their visas. If either party has ever done anything or proposed to do anything about cracking down on this, I have never heard of it.

Intuitively, these are the kind of illegals that would be taking better jobs away from citizens and taking more money out of the country than the stereotypical illegal that walks across the southern border.

Exactly! A wall will not solve that problem at all. The wall is only a symbolic gesture designed to appease the many people who subscribe to Trump's angry white male narrative. That is a lot of money to pay for a symbolic gesture.

OntheRail
07-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Exactly! A wall will not solve that problem at all. The wall is only a symbolic gesture designed to appease the many people who subscribe to Trump's angry white male narrative. That is a lot of money to pay for a symbolic gesture.

Along with that BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL will be new mechanisms to track and remove those that abuse the visa programs. Mark my words... it'll happen.

Tom
07-29-2017, 03:20 PM

No, it is needed, along with stricter internal controls as you mention. It is not angry white male rhetoric. That is insulting.

classhandicapper
07-29-2017, 04:02 PM
And as we have seen the republicans are bunch of losers.

The republicans are are a bunch of idiots. The problem is that the democrats are a lot worse.

thaskalos
07-29-2017, 04:38 PM
The republicans are are a bunch of idiots. The problem is that the democrats are a lot worse.

What is "a lot worse" than an IDIOT?

Why can't you just come out and say that both parties are SHIT?

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 10:13 PM
No, it is needed, along with stricter internal controls as you mention. It is not angry white male rhetoric. That is insulting.

Why is it insulting? Why do you deny it Tom? Let's see, our President has demonstrated that he does not like or respect women, minorities, people with disabilities, immigrants (legal, illegal and refugees), or the LGBT community. Who does that leave? By the way, this is not my opinion, it is true by things he has said done and pantomimed in speeches. If our president has role modeled the basic hatred for every group other than white males, and has marginalized them at best and at worst scapegoated them for our countries problems, then I have to conclude that his supporters feel the same way as he does.

Sorry if it is insulting, but that is the way I see it. Not that it helps, but all of those groups that I mentioned above are also pissed off.

Tom
07-29-2017, 10:15 PM
ASSISTANT idiot?

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Along with that BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL will be new mechanisms to track and remove those that abuse the visa programs. Mark my words... it'll happen.

I keep hearing that. Well, Obama had Cash for Clunkers which I though, along with other stimulus items, was a huge waste of money. I guess Trump will get to waste his money as well, although I suspect that the definition of wall will be changed due to this project. When is a chain link fence with barbed wire a wall? When Trump builds it. I would be impressed if he showed up at the ground breaking ceremony.

JustRalph
07-29-2017, 10:54 PM

Symbolic my ass. Walls work very well

http://www.aei.org/publication/the-places-where-walls-work/

They have throughout history

Tom
07-29-2017, 11:08 PM
Sorry if it is insulting, but that is the way I see it. Not that it helps, but all of those groups that I mentioned above are also pissed off.

It is insulting that protecting the border is a white man's obsession.
Franky I don't care who Trump insults.

But his plan to build a wall and enforce the laws is a good one.

btw, my ASSISTANT idiot comment was meant for Thask's post, you got in between.

davew
07-29-2017, 11:58 PM
I keep hearing that. Well, Obama had Cash for Clunkers which I though, along with other stimulus items, was a huge waste of money. I guess Trump will get to waste his money as well, although I suspect that the definition of wall will be changed due to this project. When is a chain link fence with barbed wire a wall? When Trump builds it. I would be impressed if he showed up at the ground breaking ceremony.

I wonder of Trump will be able to double the countries national debt like the last guy.

MutuelClerk
07-30-2017, 10:55 AM

Exactly. Well said. How can anyone be winning? Once again, party before country.

classhandicapper
07-30-2017, 06:58 PM

They are both shit, but I see occasional glimmers of hope within republican ranks that simply get overrun by the shit. It's a sorry state of affairs. Virtually no one in politics or the media is interested in informed debate and allowing people to decide issues on the merits. They are all interested in advancing their own personal politics and the agendas of whoever bought them using lies, deceit, spin, obfuscation etc.. It's starting to feel hopeless.

kingfin66
07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
It is insulting that protecting the border is a white man's obsession.
Franky I don't care who Trump insults.

But his plan to build a wall and enforce the laws is a good one.

btw, my ASSISTANT idiot comment was meant for Thask's post, you got in between.

I know, but I wasn't upset by it regardless. In most cases I don't take this stuff personally. Hope that you don't either. On the rare cases when I am truly trying to insult somebody, I try to make it very clear. And then I usually feel badly afterward.

kingfin66
07-30-2017, 07:46 PM
I wonder of Trump will be able to double the countries national debt like the last guy.

Given that increasing debt is an exponential endeavor, I give a very strong likelihood of doing that. The only way to get it to increase at a decreasing rate, or even go down is to cut spending and increase revenue. Genius stuff like that. It won't happen because both sides want their stuff; ACA, military spending, walls, tax cuts, etc.

Tom
07-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Hope that you don't either.

Of course not.
This is the back room of a horse racing website.
And you, I know as a man of integrity and common sense. :ThmbUp:

kingfin66
07-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Symbolic my ass. Walls work very well

http://www.aei.org/publication/the-places-where-walls-work/

They have throughout history

The only "wall" that is needed is the one described by Clocker in post 14. That and enforcement of existing laws.

chadk66
07-30-2017, 07:50 PM
GDP is already starting to soar

Nutz and Boltz
08-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Trumpi wins the 4th at Saratoga at 20-1. He keeps on winning and winning !