PDA

View Full Version : Reince Priebus Out

ReplayRandall
07-28-2017, 05:51 PM
In a bombshell announcement capping a week of brutal administration infighting, President Trump said Friday that he had replaced embattled White House chief of staff Reince Priebus with Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rep...211235518.html (https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-replaces-chief-staff-reince-priebus-homeland-security-chief-john-kelly-211235518.html)

Clocker
07-28-2017, 06:26 PM
President Trump said Friday that he had replaced embattled White House chief of staff Reince Priebus with Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

I bet the Moocher already had new furniture on order to move into Priebus' office. :p

I can't see a top military man in that position. It is by nature a highly political job with lots of wheeling and dealing, and not a lot of authority over the people you are dealing with. Word is that Kelly was effective at Homeland Security because he was running a tight ship.

No way he is going to have much authority in the West Wing with loose cannons like The Moocher and Trump's relatives in positions of power.

ReplayRandall
07-28-2017, 06:34 PM
I can't see a top military man in that position.

It HAS to be a top military man....After all, Trump's obviously gone nuclear..:rant:

johnhannibalsmith
07-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Perfect.

Greyfox
07-28-2017, 07:32 PM
The wrong man is leaving town.

ReplayRandall
07-28-2017, 07:38 PM

Says who??....Details, if you have them.

JustRalph
07-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Priebus was fired yesterday. He was asked to be silent and one rumor says he was "accompanied" the last 24 hours on Scaramucci's demand. No leak of his firing occurred.......

dartman51
07-28-2017, 07:51 PM
The minute the Mouch was hired, Priebus was toast. Mouch was in line to get a job in the WH, when the Donald was elected, so he sold his company so he could take the job. Priebus blocked his hiring. Needless to say, there was some bad blood there. :eek:

thaskalos
07-28-2017, 07:55 PM
It's now beginning to make sense to me. Trump used the skills that he developed in "The Apprentice", to prepare for his White House stint.

johnhannibalsmith
07-28-2017, 07:59 PM
It's now beginning to make sense to me. Trump used the skills that he developed in "The Apprentice", to prepare for his White House stint.

I could have sworn he was hiring the smartest, greatest minds ever assembled. All this winning has a unique vibe.

Nutz and Boltz
07-28-2017, 08:02 PM
A friend that lends an ear sometimes becomes your enemy with their mouth.
..... I think the wise words of Charlie Chan.

fast4522
07-28-2017, 08:13 PM

The President is closing ranks, it has become open season on establishment and in essence it is what he ran on.

chadk66
07-28-2017, 08:40 PM
The guy should never have been hired in the first place. I think Trump threw together a second rate group for the most part so that the A team could get their affairs in order and come on board as Trumps fires the others. Happens every day in the business world. I don't expect the liberals to understand that at all.

reckless
07-28-2017, 09:16 PM

If Priebus is the wrong man, who is the one, in your opinion.

Greyfox
07-28-2017, 09:19 PM
Scaramouche's only A team would be akin to Tony Sopranos!
If he tries to run down General Kelly like he did Priebus, he might find his arsehole being pulled out through his toilet mouth.

reckless
07-28-2017, 09:21 PM
The guy should never have been hired in the first place. I think Trump threw together a second rate group for the most part so that the A team could get their affairs in order and come on board as Trumps fires the others. Happens every day in the business world. I don't expect the liberals to understand that at all.

I said on Day One that Reince Priebus is a worm and he can't trusted.

Priebus proved me right, as I always am. :lol:

Not only don't the liberals not understand what's going on but most of the anti-Trump posters on here haven't a clue either, chad.

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 02:17 AM
Didn't Trump compare Priebus to Secretariat on election night. The mighty have sure fallen; from Secretariat to dog meat. It has not been a good six months for Reince. It was pretty clear that he had no concept of how government worked based on the first Exec Orders were rolled out. He seemed overmatched from day one.

chadk66
07-29-2017, 09:08 AM
I said on Day One that Reince Priebus is a worm and he can't trusted.

Priebus proved me right, as I always am. :lol:

Not only don't the liberals not understand what's going on but most of the anti-Trump posters on here haven't a clue either, chad.hate to say it but your right again :pound:

chadk66
07-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Didn't Trump compare Priebus to Secretariat on election night. The mighty have sure fallen; from Secretariat to dog meat. It has not been a good six months for Reince. It was pretty clear that he had no concept of how government worked based on the first Exec Orders were rolled out. He seemed overmatched from day one.maybe he was referring to the fact Secretariat was dead :pound:hint hint. Oh who am I kidding that's Hillary's gig

Tom
07-29-2017, 11:57 AM

Seems to be better than what we have had the last few decades.
The last POTUS honed his skills on the GONG SHOW!

Turmoil? Chaos?
I call it entertainment.
Rock on, Donald - make them all dance.:headbanger:

thaskalos
07-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Seems to be better than what we have had the last few decades.
The last POTUS honed his skills on the GONG SHOW!

Turmoil? Chaos?
I call it entertainment.
Rock on, Donald - make them all dance.:headbanger:

I enjoy "entertainment" as much as the next guy...and I find fools to be rather amusing. But when a fool occupies the White House, and calls himself my "leader"...then, I can't say that I am amused.

JustRalph
07-29-2017, 05:31 PM
I enjoy "entertainment" as much as the next guy...and I find fools to be rather amusing. But when a fool occupies the White House, and calls himself my "leader"...then, I can't say that I am amused.

I recall the same feelings for Obama

thaskalos
07-29-2017, 05:39 PM
I recall the same feelings for Obama

True...it was the same with Obama.

The only difference is that you were VILIFYING Obama...while you are praising Trump. I, on the other hand, had no trouble calling Obama a LIAR, who did not deserve to be reelected. Let's see when YOU come around to saying something negative about the current fool-in-charge.

JustRalph
07-29-2017, 07:56 PM

The only difference is that you were VILIFYING Obama...while you are praising Trump. I, on the other hand, had no trouble calling Obama a LIAR, who did not deserve to be reelected. Let's see when YOU come around to saying something negative about the current fool-in-charge.

His hair sucks

Nutz and Boltz
07-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Funny :D or sad :( if true....http://www.newser.com/story/246455/trump-called-priebus-to-oval-office-just-to-kill-a-fly.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Were? Sometimes I wonder if the people who post in off topic are aware that Obama is no longer the president because they still vilify him. Granted this is mostly to deflect away from the shit show that is our current administration. Most of my friends are conservatives and none of them voted for Trump. The reality show that our country has become is an embarrassment.

Tom
07-29-2017, 10:14 PM
Hew is no no longer POTUS but he is still out there, plotting the downfall of the nation. I will vilify the POS until the day he dies.

JustRalph
07-29-2017, 10:47 PM
Hew is no no longer POTUS but he is still out there, plotting the downfall of the nation. I will vilify the POS until the day he dies.

Ding!

Kingfin,

I wasn't on the Trump train, I was a Cruz guy. But after the way things went, who gives a damn if it's a shit show? Let him run it how he wants. I don't care anymore as long as it keeps the Dems out of office.

Any conservative who isnt on the Trump train by now is a fool. They speak of decorum, history and tradition. Which got us nowhere! Screw it. I'm over the never Trumpers. Let him run friggin wild, as long as he doesn't commit a felony I could give a shit. Inflicting as much pain on the other side is all I care about anymore. And, he just might be the guy with the balls to do it!

tucker6
07-30-2017, 07:50 AM

now you know how 2011-2017 was for many of us.

thaskalos
07-30-2017, 08:42 AM
now you know how 2011-2017 was for many of us.

How were the GWB years for you guys?

tucker6
07-30-2017, 08:57 AM
How were the GWB years for you guys?

I didn't like GWB any more than I did Obama, but for different reasons. Bush was simply not very bright.

thaskalos
07-30-2017, 09:24 AM
I didn't like GWB any more than I did Obama, but for different reasons. Bush was simply not very bright.

Even the bright ones aren't any good...IMO. That's why I keep shaking my head in disbelief whenever I see the voters expecting some sort of "positive change" whenever a new president gets voted into office. How many times do we have to get fooled before we finally learn what's really going on in the world of politics?

woodtoo
07-30-2017, 09:35 AM
If you don't believe PDJTrump is "bright" how can we ever agree?:D
After all he graduated from a top College and ran several businesses
and he's a multi-millionaire. Of course he is bright. :bang:

thaskalos
07-30-2017, 09:39 AM
If you don't believe PDJTrump is "bright" how can we ever agree?:D
After all he graduated from a top College and ran several businesses
and he's a multi-millionaire. Of course he is bright. :bang:

Where did I say that Trump isn't "bright"? All I said was that even the BRIGHT ones aren't any good.

classhandicapper
07-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Even the bright ones aren't any good...IMO. That's why I keep shaking my head in disbelief whenever I see the voters expecting some sort of "positive change" whenever a new president gets voted into office. How many times do we have to get fooled before we finally learn what's really going on in the world of politics?

If I had my way the government would be overthrown, many members of congress would be put in jail, leadership of the intelligence community would be jailed or executed depending on their crimes, most of the media would be closed down and jailed for being complicit in criminal behavior and crimes against humanity, all central bankers and virtually all Wall St heads would be jailed for financial crimes, and we'd start from scratch.

There are perhaps a handful of decent human beings in Washington and at the top of banking/Wall St. The rest are the lowest for of scum and vermin that our species produces. It pains me than anyone is naive and idealistic enough to respect or believe any of them. They are horrible human beings.

thaskalos
07-30-2017, 01:26 PM
If I had my way the government would be overthrown, many members of congress would be put in jail, leadership of the intelligence community would be jailed or executed depending on their crimes, most of the media would be closed down and jailed for being complicit in criminal behavior and crimes against humanity, all central bankers and virtually all Wall St heads would be jailed for financial crimes, and we'd start from scratch.

There are perhaps a handful of decent human beings in Washington and at the top of banking/Wall St. The rest are the lowest for of scum and vermin that our species produces. It pains me than anyone is naive and idealistic enough to respect or believe any of them. They are horrible human beings.

That's a gross exaggeration...IMO.

tucker6
07-30-2017, 07:26 PM
That's a gross exaggeration...IMO.

Agree. I count two handfuls myself.

thaskalos
07-30-2017, 07:35 PM
Agree. I count two handfuls myself.

I was thinking the exact OPPOSITE. A handful of decent people in politics sounds way too much to me.

tucker6
07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
I was thinking the exact OPPOSITE. A handful of decent people in politics sounds way too much to me.

I bow to your wisdom my friend. I think you are correct. Even on the more local level (state reps), money is everything. Guys in state houses are bought and paid for 100% of the time.

Tom
07-30-2017, 07:45 PM
ANYONE elected at ANY level is crooked.
Being elected is the same thing as being "made."

All elected official should be executed at the end of their terms.
The would separate the wheat from the chaff.

Greyfox
07-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Politics is a dirty game. But I can't believe that all pols are rotten. Surely some honorable men and women are there to serve the country and represent their constituencies before serving themselves.
If not, where have all of the Jimmy Stewart's gone?

tucker6
07-30-2017, 07:52 PM
ANYONE elected at ANY level is crooked.
Being elected is the same thing as being "made."

All elected official should be executed at the end of their terms.
The would separate the wheat from the chaff.

The fact that Maxine Waters has a $4,3M home on govt wages disgusts me. Same with many on both sides.

tucker6
07-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Politics is a dirty game. But I can't believe that all pols are rotten. Surely some honorable men and women are there to serve the country and represent their constituencies before serving themselves.
If not, where have all of the Jimmy Stewart's gone?

Jimmy is dead, and so are honest politicians. The ones who start good end up taking by the second term or face an opponent in the primary backed by the party. It really is the new mob.

Tom
07-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Jimmy is dead

Pissed off Hillary?

ElKabong
07-31-2017, 03:19 PM
I think Trump threw together a second rate group for the most part so that the A team could get their affairs in order and come on board as Trumps fires the others. Happens every day in the business world. I don't expect the liberals to understand that at all.

I'm not a liberal, and I don't understand WTF you're saying here. It's like making a couple of bad bets intentionally and saying " I'm just waiting for a prime bet. That money I just lost didn't matter"

So tell us all (not just you, but all Moocher fanboys) exactly when does Trump get this vaunted A Team assembled? 2018? 2019? He needed it immediately, he failed miserably. This is a fking circus going on the past 6 months.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2017, 12:26 PM
This is a fking circus going on the past 6 months.Who cares...I don't...does anybody really?

What exactly are your expectations again? What are you hoping the WH aspires to these days (forget about Trump)...who's the model now?

I mean, really. How does it even matter?

He could have the most organized most amazingly professional crew in place, and he'd still be getting hammered left, right and center...so it doesn't matter.

ElKabong
08-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Who cares...I don't...does anybody really?

What exactly are your expectations again? What are you hoping the WH aspires to these days (forget about Trump)...who's the model now?

I mean, really. How does it even matter?

He could have the most organized most amazingly professional crew in place, and he'd still be getting hammered left, right and center...so it doesn't matter.

He's a leader, he's going to get hammered. All this talk of him being a big boy... Just talk.

Guess what... People do care. Just because you don't doesn't mean no one else does.

My expectations were not to make a circus out of the white house. That's already been done tho... in 6 months. It's reached Obama levels already. I knew Trump was a disaster waiting to happen, but his opponent was a worse choice. With that, don't make the mistake of thinking he can screw up everything and get a pass. He can't

Cursing at a boy scout address? Really? How out of touch (and mentally challenged) can one get?

Moocher runs off Preibus, runs to the nyt (or whoever) with a profanity laced tirade.....he lasted 3 days. What a smart hire!

And the way he's handling Sessions is a joke. He has no balls (Rubio was right btw...small hands). Either fire his ass or shut up. If you know of a POTUS that said his AG was reprehensible and beleagured and still ept him on, post it up. I'd love to read about it

If you want more, you don't even have to read a newspaper (i rarely do anymore) just look at a political board or even this forum. People who actually did vote for him (like me and others here) won't do so again. Best thing the pubs can do is push him out in the summer of 2020. He's torching the party, what's left of it

The biggest thing is, he had no replacement for obamacare. It was all bullshit. If I'm wrong, show me the results. And don't point the finger at the house or senate. This is the big leagues. You have to work with others to accomplish what you promise, and you as POTUS carry the responsibility AND the accountability. None of That isn't happening. Surprised??

Saratoga_Mike
08-01-2017, 05:51 PM
He's a leader, he's going to get hammered. All this talk of him being a big boy... Just talk.

Guess what... People do care. Just because you don't doesn't mean no one else does.

My expectations were not to make a circus out of the white house. That's already been done tho... in 6 months. It's reached Obama levels already. I knew Trump was a disaster waiting to happen, but his opponent was a worse choice. With that, don't make the mistake of thinking he can screw up everything and get a pass. He can't

Cursing at a boy scout address? Really? How out of touch (and mentally challenged) can one get?

Moocher runs off Preibus, runs to the nyt (or whoever) with a profanity laced tirade.....he lasted 3 days. What a smart hire!

And the way he's handling Sessions is a joke. He has no balls (Rubio was right btw...small hands). Either fire his ass or shut up. If you know of a POTUS that said his AG was reprehensible and beleagured and still ept him on, post it up. I'd love to read about it

If you want more, you don't even have to read a newspaper (i rarely do anymore) just look at a political board or even this forum. People who actually did vote for him (like me and others here) won't do so again. Best thing the pubs can do is push him out in the summer of 2020. He's torching the party, what's left of it

The biggest thing is, he had no replacement for obamacare. It was all bullshit. If I'm wrong, show me the results. And don't point the finger at the house or senate. This is the big leagues. You have to work with others to accomplish what you promise, and you as POTUS carry the responsibility AND the accountability. None of That isn't happening. Surprised??

Brilliant post. You'll never win an argument with a true Trump believer. The funny part is they're some (some, not all) of the same people on this board who would reflexively call me a "liberal" (laughable) when I would criticize GWB's foreign policy 6 or 7 years ago. Now, trashing GWB is in vogue. Sharp group.

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Brilliant post. You'll never win an argument with a true Trump believer. The funny part is they're some (some, not all) of the same people on this board who would reflexively call me a "liberal" (laughable) when I would criticize GWB's foreign policy 6 or 7 years ago. Now, trashing GWB is in vogue. Sharp group.Nobody is as sharp as you Mike...