PDA

View Full Version : Texas up, WV up, California down

JustRalph
07-28-2017, 02:11 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/texas-booms-39-california-flatlines-01-mining-manufacturing-drive

Rock on Prez Trump 👍:ThmbUp:

barahona44
07-28-2017, 02:28 PM
California wasn't down, it was ( barely) up. 5 (SD,IA,NE,MT,KS) of the 7 states that experienced negative growth were red states.

Trump may be rocking on but a few places couldn't get tickets to the show.

mostpost
07-28-2017, 04:39 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/texas-booms-39-california-flatlines-01-mining-manufacturing-drive

Rock on Prez Trump 👍:ThmbUp:
Pretty much meaningless. Of the eight states on your map whose GDP went up between 1.9% and 3.9%, five are red states and three are blue states. But except for Texas they are all small, insignificant states. Alabama, Utah, West Virginina, and Idaho account for 2.72% of the US economy. Also, fifteen of the twenty top states in GDP per capita are blue states.

JustRalph
07-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Pretty much meaningless. Of the eight states on your map whose GDP went up between 1.9% and 3.9%, five are red states and three are blue states. But except for Texas they are all small, insignificant states. Alabama, Utah, West Virginina, and Idaho account for 2.72% of the US economy. Also, fifteen of the twenty top states in GDP per capita are blue states.

Yep, now that it's Repub Prez, it's meaningless.

Or unless you live in one of those meaningless states.

Your going to see 4% GDP growth in Texas soon........hell 3.9 is fantastic. Funny how you strip it out of your analysis

mostpost
07-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Yep, now that it's Repub Prez, it's meaningless.

Or unless you live in one of those meaningless states.

Your going to see 4% GDP growth in Texas soon........hell 3.9 is fantastic. Funny how you strip it out of your analysis
Besides flapping his jaws, tell me one thing your Repub Prez has done. And please do not point to the Foxconn factory in Wisconsin. Not one shovel of dirt has been turned on that project. Foxconn has a reputation for promising a lot and delivering nothing. I would be more confident if I could find a location for this fabulous factory. Surely they know where they are going to build it.

JustRalph
07-28-2017, 10:39 PM
Besides flapping his jaws, tell me one thing your Repub Prez has done. And please do not point to the Foxconn factory in Wisconsin. Not one shovel of dirt has been turned on that project. Foxconn has a reputation for promising a lot and delivering nothing. I would be more confident if I could find a location for this fabulous factory. Surely they know where they are going to build it.

You know my answer. Nov 7th 2016

Gorsuch!

He's quietly rounding up hundreds of criminal aliens every week and deregulating the crap out of everything. He's given life back to coal. He's slowly killing the EPA and the unions.

I could go on.........

fast4522
07-28-2017, 10:47 PM

Gorsuch!

He's quietly rounding up hundreds of criminal aliens every week and deregulating the crap out of everything. He's given life back to coal. He's slowly killing the EPA and the unions.

I could go on.........

And he might be Mosties last President in his lifetime.

mostpost
07-29-2017, 01:16 AM

Gorsuch!

I could go on.........
I meant something good. Gorsuch is a conservative hack. Maybe ICE is rounding up hundreds of aliens. How many are criminals is another question. Only a fool thinks deregulation is good. Decades of improving water and air quality are being sacrificed so greedy men can make more money.

I know you posted about a 21.6% increase in real value added by the mining industry. Did you read the part in the article about that being primarily due to oil and gas extraction and related support activities. Very little to do with coal mining, which is 1.7% of he economy.

You are also a fool if you think killing the unions is a good thing. Since the war on unions began the economy has stagnated. You can't sell anything if no one has money to buy.

mostpost
07-29-2017, 01:18 AM
And he might be Mosties last President in his lifetime.
That might be so. I would not be surprised if he declared himself President for life. And, I would not be surprised if you thought that was a great idea.

TBD
07-29-2017, 01:58 AM
This is the same attitude your candidate had. Insignificant states, Alabama, Utah, West Virginia, and Idaho. I for one do not conclude them to be insignificant. They are part of We the People.