PDA

View Full Version : Failure

mostpost
07-28-2017, 02:04 AM
The Senate this morning failed once again to repeal Obamacare by a 49-51 vote.
Maybe this will finally be an end to this nonsense.

ElKabong
07-28-2017, 02:48 AM

Apparently the November elections were lost on you. No one that isn't a yellow dog democrat likes obamacare. It's a dismal failure.

They'll pass something before 2020. I'm glad this failed because there wasn't a suitable sub for the dismal obamacrap in place now. If anything maybe this will get somebody to put together a workable plan. One can hope.

Inner Dirt
07-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Apparently the November elections were lost on you. No one that isn't a yellow dog democrat likes obamacare. It's a dismal failure.

They'll pass something before 2020. I'm glad this failed because there wasn't a suitable sub for the dismal obamacrap in place now. If anything maybe this will get somebody to put together a workable plan. One can hope.

I know a couple Democrats that said how wonderful it is, till they changed jobs or retired early and then had to use it. Now all of a sudden they think it sucks. All the people who brag about it either aren't using it, or getting subsidies.

chadk66
07-28-2017, 08:36 AM
it'll just mean there will be quite a few more liberal republicans replaced with solid conservatives in the mid terms. nothing new

forced89
07-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Hits me personally. I will once again have to pay the penalty for having a non ACA Compliant policy. The bright side is that my total cost; i.e premium + penalty is less than if I bought an ACA Compliant policy on the Marketplace.

woodtoo
07-28-2017, 10:45 AM

Not surprised you like a failing healthcare plan.:faint:

Clocker
07-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Not surprised you like a failing healthcare plan.:faint:
ObamaCare would have failed much sooner, at greater expense to rate payers and perhaps to tax payers, if this bill became law. And the Republicans would have gotten the blame for sabotaging it by gutting the funding without providing any kind of replacement.

This bill was a last ditch, poorly thought out effort to just get something passed that the GOP could claim as a win. I am strongly opposed to ObamaCare, but I don't see this bill as any improvement, and it was certain to be a political bomb for the GOP.

Greyfox
07-28-2017, 11:13 AM
They'll pass something before 2020.

2020 will be too late if the Republicans want to keep control of Government.
There are mid-terms in 2018.
Obamacare should be Repealed and Replaced before those votes come in.

Clocker
07-28-2017, 11:25 AM
2020 will be too late if the Republicans want to keep control of Government.
There are mid-terms in 2018.
Obamacare should be Repealed and Replaced before those votes come in.

The key word here is "replaced". Ronald Reagan once said that the closest thing to eternal life on earth is a government program.

There are millions of people in this country who like ObamaCare, and who now consider it to be an entitlement. They now see their "right" to insurance as threatened by the Republicans. If nothing is done before then, those people are very likely to vote against the GOP in 2018 just out of fear that the Republicans if reelected will mess with their entitlement.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-28-2017, 12:05 PM

Hopefully. Of course you mean the nonsense of being unable to eliminate the disease known as Obamacare.

America is not happy with the inability to do what they were elected to do.

mostpost
07-28-2017, 02:37 PM

Obamacare, while still not perfect has been a resounding success. Twenty million people who did not have coverage before, have it now. You can no longer be thrown off your policy if you get sick. You can no longer be denied coverage because you have a preexisting condition. If you are woman, you no longer have to pay more for the same coverage than a man. Things like annual physicals and natal care are now covered in full.

Your problem, among many others is that you believe the lies you are being fed by the corrupt right wing media. There have not been massive premium increase. Premiums have increased by an average of 4% over the past two years. In the three years prior to the passage of the ACA they increase an average of 11%.

Right wing websites tried to sow confusion by pointing out that some insurers in some markets for some plans have announced increases of 30% to 80%. And, it is true they did. But because we have a marketplace, and an annual open season, people were able to change from those plans to better, cheaper plans. And thanks to the ACA, those who needed it were eligible for subsidies to help them pay those premiums.

Then there was the lie that Exchanges were failing and closing. It was insurance cooperatives that failed not exchanges. Apparently a lot of people don't understand that the exchanges are marketplaces where people can purchases insurance from competing companies. They do not sell insurance.

Coops sell insurance on the exchanges. Some of them failed due to bad business practices. The ACA authorized the formation of the Coops; it does not run them.

Some insurance providers have dropped out of the exchanges, but their are still ample providers. And, if the ACA were to be repealed tomorrow, does that mean the insurers would no longer be able to refuse to service certain areas? Of course not.

mostpost
07-28-2017, 02:39 PM
I know a couple Democrats that said how wonderful it is, till they changed jobs or retired early and then had to use it. Now all of a sudden they think it sucks. All the people who brag about it either aren't using it, or getting subsidies.
And I know more than a couple of Democrats who thing it is great. None of which matters. Anecdotal evidence never does.

mostpost
07-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Hits me personally. I will once again have to pay the penalty for having a non ACA Compliant policy. The bright side is that my total cost; i.e premium + penalty is less than if I bought an ACA Compliant policy on the Marketplace.
What you are saying is that you would rather pay a few dollars less to get inadequate coverage as opposed to paying a few dollars more to get good coverage. That forces me to say you are a fool.

mostpost
07-28-2017, 02:49 PM
The key word here is "replaced". Ronald Reagan once said that the closest thing to eternal life on earth is a government program.

There are millions of people in this country who like ObamaCare, and who now consider it to be an entitlement. They now see their "right" to insurance as threatened by the Republicans. If nothing is done before then, those people are very likely to vote against the GOP in 2018 just out of fear that the Republicans if reelected will mess with their entitlement.
There you go again. People pay premiums for insurance. It is not an entitlement.

mostpost
07-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Hopefully. Of course you mean the nonsense of being unable to eliminate the disease known as Obamacare.

America is not happy with the inability to do what they were elected to do.
You are not America. Perhaps you are 30% of America. Have you not been paying attention to all the protests against repeal?

Clocker
07-28-2017, 02:56 PM
What you are saying is that you would rather pay a few dollars less to get inadequate coverage as opposed to paying a few dollars more to get good coverage. That forces me to say you are a fool.

No, your total ignorance of his personal situation and circumstances and your blind reliance on dogmatic belief regardless of facts forces you to say that.

You have zero evidence to show that his insurance coverage is inadequate for his needs, or that the "good coverage" that you judge necessary to meet his needs is only a few dollars more.

Clocker
07-28-2017, 03:02 PM
People pay premiums for insurance. It is not an entitlement.

To the extent that people pay premiums that cover the actual cost of insurance, it is not an entitlement.

People who pay less than the cost of the insurance and receive government subsides are receiving entitlements. That includes people who have artificially low premiums, not reflecting actuarial risk, because other younger, healthier people have artificially high premiums.

wisconsin
07-28-2017, 03:36 PM
There have not been massive premium increase. Premiums have increased by an average of 4% over the past two years.

You are misinformed. Our insurance, which used by somewhere around $350 per month with a $1000 deductible is now $800 with a $6000 deductible. The "massive' increases were early on. Who cares about the last 2 years? It already happened. Get real.

kingfin66
07-29-2017, 02:40 AM
There you go again. People pay premiums for insurance. It is not an entitlement.

They don't pay premiums for Medicaid.

Inner Dirt
07-29-2017, 07:58 AM
And I know more than a couple of Democrats who thing it is great. None of which matters. Anecdotal evidence never does.

They are probably getting subsidies. The worst thing was the threat of Obamacare which caused a lot of people to get hit with massive cost hikes before it was even enacted.

Tom
07-29-2017, 11:54 AM
THe thing to do now is pass a law that removes ALL HC from congress and FORCE them to use Obama care.

Never happen, folks.
OC is very good as long as you don't have to use it and have trained parrots to defend it for you.

Congress knows what is best for us and what is really best for them - two separate things. As long as congrees is not living under the EXACT same laws as we do, they are no legitimate and deserve no respect from anyone.

Tom
07-29-2017, 12:06 PM
In case anyone still think the republicans have any credibility at all, consider that ACA was worst bill ever passed, repubs had 8 years to come up the second worst bill ever passed, and with both houses and the WH, they COULD NOT GET THE JOB DONE.

All the republicans come to the capital building one ONE CAR.

Please, Mr,. President, destroy the GOP.

Clocker
07-29-2017, 12:28 PM

I don't know if he can destroy them, but he is certainly working hard to clean them all out of the White House. :popcorn:

Tom
07-29-2017, 03:14 PM
No, that is their own doing.
It is the only think any of them has ever done.:rip:

Fager Fan
07-29-2017, 03:38 PM
In case anyone still think the republicans have any credibility at all, consider that ACA was worst bill ever passed, repubs had 8 years to come up the second worst bill ever passed, and with both houses and the WH, they COULD NOT GET THE JOB DONE.

All the republicans come to the capital building one ONE CAR.

Lol. The line about one car is good.