PDA

View Full Version : The really important news of the day

Fager Fan
07-27-2017, 11:45 PM
Reaction to Trump saying he's going to bar transgenders from the military.

Typically, the only ones whining are the LGBTQ community (I always wonder why they think they should all be linked together) and the outspoken liberals who think it's being a good lib and good person to support whatever the LGBTQ community wants.

Comments from Joe Public are surprisingly running about 99 to 1 in favor of Trump on this one.

The military is about putting together the best fighting machine possible. Some man wanting to run around in skirts and pantyhose is an unneeded and unwanted distraction. If you're so inclined to change your sex superficially down the road, fine, you go for it, but after you're out of the military, not while you're in it.

It's good to see common sense ruling public opinion on this.

FantasticDan
07-28-2017, 12:18 AM
99-1 in favor, :D. Good one. :ThmbUp:

President Dipshit's tweets do not equal policy. The military was completely blindsided by his announcement. There is no plan or policy to implement these changes.

And if a plan actually is eventually produced, well, you can expect an avalanche of challenges to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/us/politics/transgender-military-trump-ban.html

Marshall Bennett
07-28-2017, 05:52 AM
Not knowing for certain the gender of the person I'm hunkering down with in a foxhole would bother many. Regardless of your opinion Dan as to whether its a valid emotion or not, it still exist with many and shouldn't be a distraction.
Trump is right, even though his approach is questionable. I'm sure had he announced his intentions, the public outcry by liberal crybabies like yourself would have been deafening and a sideshow to the real issue.
Get over it.

proximity
07-28-2017, 06:09 AM
i saw yesterday's front page headline in usa today: transgender troops in LIMBO and my first thought was.... who's gonna hold the bar? :coffee:

fast4522
07-28-2017, 07:12 AM
LGBTQ community wants.

The Trump administration is right on this one, our armed forces need young people to get in line, learn, and perform. This is not someplace people can go to get repaired, out of the box you function to conform to a standard. You want something else you go someplace else plain and simple, the 100 % voluntary does not mean broken. Many individuals get injured losing life and limb in service to our country, and we have to raise the bar of help to these deserving people. This social experiment invented by the left should be placed in the dumpster for incineration asap. People here come running to help the lefts every little whiny little issue like the vast majority wants to hear their crap, freedom of speech yes but really care NFW.

tucker6
07-28-2017, 07:18 AM
The Trump administration is right on this one, our armed forces need young people to get in line, learn, and perform. This is not someplace people can go to get repaired, out of the box you function to conform to a standard. You want something else you go someplace else plain and simple, the 100 % voluntary does not mean broken. Many individuals get injured losing life and limb in service to our country, and we have to raise the bar of help to these deserving people. This social experiment invented by the left should be placed in the dumpster for incineration asap. People here come running to help the lefts every little whiny little issue like the vast majority wants to hear their crap, freedom of speech yes but really care NFW.

Exactly. You want to change your sex, then do it on your own dime either before or after service in the military. No one has the right to ask me to pay for their mental issues.

chadk66
07-28-2017, 08:38 AM
yea this was a no brainer. as has been said a million times the military is no place for a social experiment.

Inner Dirt
07-28-2017, 08:46 AM
I don't think you should just kick out those that are already in, that is not fair. On the other hand we don't need people who are using the military as a free ride for sexual reassignment surgery, like with that traitor Chelsea Manning. Especially with what must be a lot of mental issues involved going through the process.

What I propose is let them in if they have already completed the full physical sex change process. Anyone who wants to change sex during their service time gets an honorable discharge. I don't mind a soldier getting a full ride to college as a benefit to military service, I am not for Joe getting a free ride to become Josephine.

elysiantraveller
07-28-2017, 08:49 AM
I, personally, along with the Joint Chiefs wasn't aware this was a problem. Certainly not one that needed the almighty Twitter account to legislate it.

Thanks for clearing that up President Trump! :ThmbUp:

Fager Fan
07-28-2017, 09:10 AM
99-1 in favor, :D. Good one. :ThmbUp:

President Dipshit's tweets do not equal policy. The military was completely blindsided by his announcement. There is no plan or policy to implement these changes.

And if a plan actually is eventually produced, well, you can expect an avalanche of challenges to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/us/politics/transgender-military-trump-ban.html

The left challenges everything. What's new? The good news is we have some positive changes in the Supreme Court.

FantasticDan
07-28-2017, 10:08 AM
I, personally, along with the Joint Chiefs wasn't aware this was a problem. Certainly not one that needed the almighty Twitter account to legislate it.
Trump cited "costs" as his reason for the ban. A Dept of Defense study conducted last year determined annual transition-related health care costs for active duty personnel is between $2.4-8.4M. That's 1/1000 of 1% of the Defense Dept's annual budget.

According to a study by the Military Times, the Defense Dept spends $85M a year on erectile dysfunction pills :lol:

With Trump now the Commander in Chief, that will likely go up to $86M :pound:

Greyfox
07-28-2017, 10:23 AM
According to a study by the Military Times, the Defense Dept spends $85M a year on erectile dysfunction pills :lol:

That's wrong too and Trump should cut out the funding for those pills.
The Government has little or no business being involved in a nation's bedrooms.

jimmyb
07-28-2017, 10:25 AM
As commander in chief of the military, Trump can indeed dictate policy. As ex military and a citizen of the U.S., I believe he is doing the right thing.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Don't ask. Don't tell. That was working just fine.

elysiantraveller
07-28-2017, 01:20 PM

I prefer the "Can shoot and want to serve.... don't care." Line

Nutz and Boltz
07-28-2017, 03:34 PM

:ThmbUp:

Inner Dirt
07-28-2017, 05:37 PM

Kind of hard for that to work if a soldier is in the middle of sex change surgery while serving.

JustRalph
07-28-2017, 06:53 PM
I prefer the "Can shoot and want to serve.... don't care." Line

What a joke

fast4522
07-28-2017, 08:32 PM
What a joke

It is not like he has had a being right reassignment.

Fager Fan
07-28-2017, 10:12 PM
Trump cited "costs" as his reason for the ban. A Dept of Defense study conducted last year determined annual transition-related health care costs for active duty personnel is between $2.4-8.4M. That's 1/1000 of 1% of the Defense Dept's annual budget.

With Trump now the Commander in Chief, that will likely go up to $86M :pound:

I'm surprised that they pay a single cent for transgender issues (be it hormones or sex reassignment). How is this not elective surgery? How is this any different than a facelift or breast implants, which aren't covered by any insurance (except for cases of breast reconstruction for mastectomies, etc)?

So not only is it shocking that men are having sex changes while serving, it's even more shocking that we're footing the bill.

As for erectile disfunction, this is the treatment of body part not functioning correctly. Let's liken it to women who are having fertility issues. I consider all of these to be legitimate medical issues.

Tom
07-29-2017, 12:09 PM
There is no plan or policy to implement these changes.

Then the pentagon better get off their duffs and do some work.
The CNC has spoken - time to jump to it.
They have the budget - git'r done,

classhandicapper
07-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Trump may have tweeted about this to get the press off the Russia story for awhile. It seems to have worked. But they'll make some other nonsensical Russia connection into a major issue soon enough. The only source with any credibility on that story has been Alan Dershowitz. The rest of them have been scumbags (sorry for the colorful language, but it's the only way to describe them accurately),

_______
07-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Then the pentagon better get off their duffs and do some work.
The CNC has spoken - time to jump to it.
They have the budget - git'r done,

Random tweets aren't actually orders. No matter their origin.

In this case, an order would be accompanied by direction from the CIC on how the new policy would be implemented.

I'm sure some unfortunate in the White House is currently working through the details of how the latest brain splatter should be crammed down an unwilling throat but at this point, it ain't on the Pentagon to do anything.

I'm not sure if it was General Fox or General Breitbart that he consulted with beforehand but I'm fairly certain it was no one with any actual service. Like most of those commenting in this thread.

Fager Fan
07-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Random tweets aren't actually orders. No matter their origin.

In this case, an order would be accompanied by direction from the CIC on how the new policy would be implemented.

I'm sure some unfortunate in the White House is currently working through the details of how the latest brain splatter should be crammed down an unwilling throat but at this point, it ain't on the Pentagon to do anything.

I'm not sure if it was General Fox or General Breitbart that he consulted with beforehand but I'm fairly certain it was no one with any actual service. Like most of those commenting in this thread.

What's your service record? Assuming you served for considerable time, how many transgenders did you bunk with?

_______
07-29-2017, 08:19 PM
What's your service record? Assuming you served for considerable time, how many transgenders did you bunk with?

I wore Dolphins for six years in the 80's. Not that it qualifies my opinion as any better than all the arm chairs like you arguing about it here.

But the thing about most of the people I served with was that other than busting balls of the guys living on targets, we didn't much discuss anyone's sexuality.

It would have seemed somewhat odd in that environment.

elysiantraveller
07-29-2017, 09:17 PM
What a joke

Brilliant observation. Please tell me this wasn't anything but a ruse to take attention away from the fact he can't run the country. His Administration is a dumpster fire that can't even involve itself in the "repeal and replace with something great" discussion.

Tom
07-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Seems he is getting things done to me.
I found far more crisis in in the Kenyan Klown's term than this one.

fast4522
07-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Seems he is getting things done to me.
I found far more crisis in in the Kenyan Klown's term than this one.

I see the same view here in NH, considering RBG is on a banana skin and will be replaced with several shades of conservative things are great. Combine that with the fact Trump will never sign anything like single payer and his base will be bigger at reelection time. Wait now how can I say that, well facts are the trend is still moving to the right and his base will not be crushed as jobs increase.

Fager Fan
07-29-2017, 10:12 PM
I wore Dolphins for six years in the 80's. Not that it qualifies my opinion as any better than all the arm chairs like you arguing about it here.

But the thing about most of the people I served with was that other than busting balls of the guys living on targets, we didn't much discuss anyone's sexuality.

It would have seemed somewhat odd in that environment.

No, but then none were wearing women's clothes, taking female hormones, or trying to grow breasts either, I bet.

All that stuff is for another place and time. Not when you're in the military. It's not a game, and it's not a social experiment. We owe it to our soldiers to take care of their mental problems which are caused by their jobs, but even those mental problems are likely good reason to discharge that person from their job. Mental problems of any other sort, like feeling like the sex your not, or the race you're not, or a species you are not, are definitely good reason to be discharged.

JustRalph
07-29-2017, 10:38 PM
No, but then none were wearing women's clothes, taking female hormones, or trying to grow breasts either, I bet.

All that stuff is for another place and time. Not when you're in the military. It's not a game, and it's not a social experiment. We owe it to our soldiers to take care of their mental problems which are caused by their jobs, but even those mental problems are likely good reason to discharge that person from their job. Mental problems of any other sort, like feeling like the sex your not, or the race you're not, or a species you are not, are definitely good reason to be discharged.

+1

Just being willing to serve and "shoot" means nothing

Btw, some of our forces are involved with nuclear weapons. They would never qualify for those jobs

classhandicapper
07-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Mental problems of any other sort, like feeling like the sex your not, or the race you're not, or a species you are not, are definitely good reason to be discharged.

I don't care if the cause is genetic, epigenetic, psychological, environmental or some combination of the above, if you have the body of one sex and feel like you are something else, a wire is not connected properly somewhere.

There are too many examples of people thinking they are something they are not in non sexual areas and we readily admit it's a mental disorder. The only reason we don't admit it when it comes to transgender is because of left wing political pressure. If anything, these people deserve compassion, help, or to be left alone if they are happy in that state, but I don't think most are fit for military duty (albeit with some exceptions).

FantasticDan
10-31-2017, 03:04 PM
As expected, the ban is shot down. :ThmbUp:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/military-transgender-ban.html

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia found the administration’s justification for the ban, which was set to take effect in March 2018, to be suspect and likely unconstitutional. She ruled that the military’s current policy should remain in place.

“There is absolutely no support for the claim that the ongoing service of transgender people would have any negative effective on the military at all,” the judge wrote in a strongly worded, 76-page ruling. “In fact, there is considerable evidence that it is the discharge and banning of such individuals that would have such effects.”

tucker6
10-31-2017, 03:24 PM
I dont have a problem with transgenders, but have the surgery on your dime and your time. That's what I have a problem with.

woodtoo
10-31-2017, 03:46 PM

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia found the administration’s justification for the ban, which was set to take effect in March 2018, to be suspect and likely unconstitutional. She ruled that the military’s current policy should remain in place.

“There is absolutely no support for the claim that the ongoing service of transgender people would have any negative effective on the military at all,” the judge wrote in a strongly worded, 76-page ruling. “In fact, there is considerable evidence that it is the discharge and banning of such individuals that would have such effects.”

Still time to enlist Dano.

BaffertsWig
10-31-2017, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the bump with the EXCELLENT news, Dan :headbanger:

Comments from Joe Public are surprisingly running about 99 to 1 in favor of Trump on this one.

also, somehow missed this wackadoodle's quote the first time around :lol:

FantasticDan
12-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Judge rules there will be no stay on the earlier injunction against Trump's order:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/364283-judge-denies-trump-request-to-delay-transgender-military-enlistment

woodtoo
12-14-2017, 07:16 AM
Donning warriors helmet over a pu**y hat never works out well. Ask any pu**y hat wearer.

Fager Fan
12-14-2017, 08:10 AM
This is what we get when we allow people to try to normalize a mental illness, which in this case is body dysmorphia.