PDA

View Full Version : Maxine Waters on her $4.3 million mansion in a white neighborhood

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-24-2017, 09:34 PM
She doesn't live in the mostly black district she represents. Obviously she can afford living with the rich white folks after spending 40 years in public service because anyone who disagrees with her is a racist.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5493622538001/?#sp=show-clips

I won't stoop as low as Congresswoman Waters to call her a racist, I'll simply call her a typical Democrat.

chadk66
07-24-2017, 11:19 PM
how does she live out of her district and go to D.C. to represent that district?

Clocker
07-24-2017, 11:52 PM
how does she live out of her district and go to D.C. to represent that district?

From the US Constitution:

“No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.”

barahona44
07-25-2017, 12:48 AM
She doesn't live in the mostly black district she represents. Obviously she can afford living with the rich white folks after spending 40 years in public service because anyone who disagrees with her is a racist.

I won't stoop as low as Congresswoman Waters to call her a racist, I'll simply call her a typical Democrat.
Good for Maxine. She can live where she wants to live, regardless of the color of her skin and apparently the voters of her district don't have a problem with that. :ThmbUp:

And not a bankruptcy to her name, either. ;) :D

kingfin66
07-25-2017, 12:53 AM

Here is a list of many similar Congressmen who live (okay, are registered to vote) outside their district. You're really starting to reach now. I am certain that you will care very much that there are both Dems and Repubs on the list.

Clocker
07-25-2017, 01:12 AM

Or a coherent thought. :p

barahona44
07-25-2017, 01:13 AM
Every 10 years, Congressional districts are redrawn by state legislatures.Most of the time it's just minor adjustments, that few notice, to account for population gains or losses within districts.But when an entire state gains or loses seats, all kinds of shenanigans occur one of the more popular being Congressional reps of the party out of power at the state level have their hometown moved into a new district forcing them to either move or run the risk of running for re-election as an 'outsider'.Apparently some are confident enough to stay put.

barahona44
07-25-2017, 01:17 AM
Or a coherent thought. :p
Hey, nobody's perfekt.:)

JustRalph
07-25-2017, 02:52 AM
Good for Maxine. She can live where she wants to live, regardless of the color of her skin and apparently the voters of her district don't have a problem with that. :ThmbUp:

Yep, hard to go bankrupt with a bank in your pocket

"According to Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich writing in the Los Angeles Times in 2004, Maxine Waters' relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had helped. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters replied that "They do their business and I do mine."[54] Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports. She was accused of using her position to prevail upon officials to meet with OneUnited Bank without disclosing that she and her husband had significant stock holdings in the company.[55] Since she was on the Financial Services Committee she largely had the role of determining where TARP funds would go. $12 Million in TARP funds went to OneUnited without her ever disclosing that she had a financial stake at the company.[56][57][58] Citizens Against Government Waste named her the June 2009 Porker of the Month due to her intention to obtain an earmark for the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center.[59]"

In 2010, Waters came under investigation for ethics violations and was accused by a House panel of at least one ethics violation related to her efforts to help OneUnited Bank receive federal aid.[60] Waters' husband is a stockholder and former director of OneUnited Bank and the bank's executives were major contributors to her campaigns. In September 2008, Waters arranged meetings between U.S. Treasury Department officials and OneUnited Bank, so that the bank could plead for federal cash. It had been heavily invested in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and its capital was "all but wiped out" after the U.S. government took them over. The bank received $12 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) money.[61][62] The matter was investigated by the House Ethics Committee,[63][64] which charged her with violations of the House's ethics rules in 2010.[65][66][67][68] On September 21, 2012, the House Ethics Committee completed a report clearing Waters of all ethics charges after nearly three years of investigation.[69]"

The ethics committee backed down ......and so did the DOJ

Quote: CBS News

"Is Maxine Waters as really dumb as she seems?"

She's one step above a snail and right on the heels of Sheila Jackson Lee in the brains department

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-25-2017, 07:47 AM
Here is a list of many similar Congressmen who live (okay, are registered to vote) outside their district. You're really starting to reach now. I am certain that you will care very much that there are both Dems and Repubs on the list.

None of whom call everybody who disagrees with them a racist. NONE OF THEM

It is inconceivable that anyone with a brain defends this criminal. If you believe that anyone who made a living as a public servant for 40 years can afford a $4.3 million mansion HONESTLY needs a refresher course in integrity.

Can we find other life long criminals in Congress? Of course. Most of them are. But this hypocrite who avoids her constituents to live among "rich white racists" gets her picture posted next to "despicable scum" as the perfect definition.

There is a warm place waiting in hell for dirt like Waters. Pelosi. Wasserman-Schultz and the Clintons. Since I don't want to appear sexist (note that the so-called Woman's March was actually Women-Who-Did-Not-Vote-For-Trump March. The intelligent ones (aka, the majority) stayed home), Harry Reid will be in charge of them in hell.

Like I have said, those who believe Republicans are saints are grossly mistaken.
They only seem like saints when placed next to the demoncrats.

Inner Dirt
07-25-2017, 09:10 AM

She's one step above a snail and right on the heels of Sheila Jackson Lee in the brains department

I don't think so, I believe it is an act to bond with the poor, uneducated, unskilled, people who don't speak proper English that have kept her in office for decades. She is playing the "look I am one of you" card. If she was dumb she would not be living in a multi-million dollar home on a reps salary. The fact she stays out of jail or hasn't been removed from office means she knows something.

chadk66
07-25-2017, 09:22 AM
From the US Constitution:I figured in states like CA where they have reps from different districts one would have to reside in that district. Like it is at the state legislative level. But it appears that's not how it is. So why even have districts then? Can anybody in any part of the state vote for her?

Inner Dirt
07-25-2017, 09:36 AM
I figured in states like CA where they have reps from different districts one would have to reside in that district. Like it is at the state legislative level. But it appears that's not how it is. So why even have districts then? Can anybody in any part of the state vote for her?

No, you can only vote for reps running in your district, unless something changed since I fled California a half dozen years ago.

delayjf
07-25-2017, 09:41 AM
"According to Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich writing in the Los Angeles Times in 2004, Maxine Waters' relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had helped. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters replied that "They do their business and I do mine."[54] Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports. She was accused of using her position to prevail upon officials to meet with OneUnited Bank without disclosing that she and her husband had significant stock holdings in the company.[55] Since she was on the Financial Services Committee she largely had the role of determining where TARP funds would go. $12 Million in TARP funds went to OneUnited without her ever disclosing that she had a financial stake at the company.[56][57][58] Citizens Against Government Waste named her the June 2009 Porker of the Month due to her intention to obtain an earmark for the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center.[59]"

In 2010, Waters came under investigation for ethics violations and was accused by a House panel of at least one ethics violation related to her efforts to help OneUnited Bank receive federal aid.[60] Waters' husband is a stockholder and former director of OneUnited Bank and the bank's executives were major contributors to her campaigns. In September 2008, Waters arranged meetings between U.S. Treasury Department officials and OneUnited Bank, so that the bank could plead for federal cash. It had been heavily invested in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and its capital was "all but wiped out" after the U.S. government took them over. The bank received $12 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) money.[61][62] The matter was investigated by the House Ethics Committee,[63][64] which charged her with violations of the House's ethics rules in 2010.[65][66][67][68] On September 21, 2012, the House Ethics Committee completed a report clearing Waters of all ethics charges after nearly three years of investigation.[69]"

Sounds like we need a Special Prosecutor to investigate.

incoming
07-25-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm assuming district lines has been redrawn multiple times.

Maxine Waters
American Politician
Maxine Moore Waters is an American politician, serving as the U.S. Representative for California's 43rd congressional district, and previously the 35th and 29th districts, serving since 1991. A member of the Democratic Party, she is the most senior of the 12 black women currently serving in the United States Congress, and is a member and former chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. Before becoming a member of Congress she served in the California Assembly, to which she was first elected in 1976. As an Assembly member, Waters advocated for divestment from South Africa's apartheid regime. In Congress, she is an outspoken opponent of the Iraq War and Donald Trump.
en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license

chadk66
07-25-2017, 11:20 AM
No, you can only vote for reps running in your district, unless something changed since I fled California a half dozen years ago.not sure why they would do that when these people represent the whole state in D.C. I realize ND is a blip on the radar in this regard but we don't have districts for federal office.

Inner Dirt
07-25-2017, 11:34 AM
not sure why they would do that when these people represent the whole state in D.C. I realize ND is a blip on the radar in this regard but we don't have districts for federal office.

California has over 50 districts and usually a boat load of state and local ballot initiatives. If you could vote for all the reps and everything else the ballots would look like legal pads. When I moved to Virginia from California I was looking for a sample ballot on the web as I guess when you register here they don't send you one. I kept finding them with only 4 things to vote on and thought I was on official gov sites. The average ballot on major elections in California have over two dozen items. Not till I was handed a ballot at my polling place here did I believe there were only 4 items to vote on.

Inner Dirt
07-25-2017, 11:36 AM
not sure why they would do that when these people represent the whole state in D.C. I realize ND is a blip on the radar in this regard but we don't have districts for federal office.

California has 50 times your population and that isn't even counting the millions of illegals.

barahona44
07-25-2017, 12:05 PM
California has 50 times your population and that isn't even counting the millions of illegals.

Actually 55 times (2010 census) 37,254,000 vs. 673,000. They have 53 reps in all and they're on track to get at least 3-4 more after the next census, as the population has increased by 2 million in the past 6 years

Clocker
07-25-2017, 01:58 PM

They don't usually represent the whole state, they represent the people in their district. States like ND, WY, etc., with very small populations, only have one Representative in the House, so the state is their district.

chadk66
07-25-2017, 03:09 PM
I realize that but I think they should still have to vote for all the reps. If they had to vote for 50 different ones the riff raff would stay home.

Inner Dirt
07-25-2017, 03:47 PM
I realize that but I think they should still have to vote for all the reps. If they had to vote for 50 different ones the riff raff would stay home.

I would venture a guess most people would just pick all Dems or Repubs.

chadk66
07-25-2017, 04:01 PM
I would venture a guess most people would just pick all Dems or Repubs.
like they do now lol. so then voting for 50 wouldn't be a problem.

Clocker
07-25-2017, 04:24 PM
I realize that but I think they should still have to vote for all the reps.

That defeats a major goal of the founders in writing the Constitution, which is to prevent the tyranny of the majority. We already have a problem in the Senate and in state-wide elections in many states where voters in the big cities dominate the rural areas and their interests. Why would you want to give more power to the big metropolitan areas?

chadk66
07-25-2017, 04:40 PM
That defeats a major goal of the founders in writing the Constitution, which is to prevent the tyranny of the majority. We already have a problem in the Senate and in state-wide elections in many states where voters in the big cities dominate the rural areas and their interests. Why would you want to give more power to the big metropolitan areas?now that makes perfect sense. withdrawn your honor :headbanger:

mostpost
07-25-2017, 04:44 PM

The ethics committee backed down ......and so did the DOJ

Quote: CBS News

Shocking! The Democratic controlled House Ethics Committee cleared Waters of all ethics charges. No, my mistake. In 2012 the House Ethics Committee was controlled by Republicans. If there was any there there, they would have nailed her.

Clocker
07-25-2017, 04:57 PM
they would have nailed her.

There goes my appetite for the rest of the day. :puke:

mostpost
07-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Are you trying to tell us that banks can't go bankrupt. And, explain to us why OneUnited doesn't have the right to apply for TARP funds just because one of its shareholders is a member of Congress.

mostpost
07-25-2017, 05:01 PM
There goes my appetite for the rest of the day. :puke:
Unfortunate choice of words. My apologies.

mostpost
07-25-2017, 05:48 PM
None of whom call everybody who disagrees with them a racist. NONE OF THEM

It is inconceivable that anyone with a brain defends this criminal.
A "criminal" who has never been in jail or even accused of a crime. A "criminal" whom the House Ethics Committee cleared of wrong doing.
If you believe that anyone who made a living as a public servant for 40 years can afford a $4.3 million mansion HONESTLY needs a refresher course in integrity.
I think it is very easy to do. Start with a Congresspersons salary of $174,000 a year for 26 years. Add in Speakers fees which I am sure are considerable, plus return on investments. Next, look at Waters husband Sid Williams. Williams, who is a former NFL player was a Mercedes Benz salesman in Los Angeles for over twenty years. I am quite sure that a good MB salesman on commission can make a lot of money.

I don't know how long Waters has owned the property, but I see no reason she can't manage to pay for it with money she has earned legally.

Can we find other life long criminals in Congress? Of course. Most of them are. But this hypocrite who avoids her constituents to live among "rich white racists" gets her picture posted next to "despicable scum" as the perfect definition.

There is a warm place waiting in hell for dirt like Waters. Pelosi. Wasserman-Schultz and the Clintons. Since I don't want to appear sexist (note that the so-called Woman's March was actually Women-Who-Did-Not-Vote-For-Trump March. The intelligent ones (aka, the majority) stayed home), Harry Reid will be in charge of them in hell.

Like I have said, those who believe Republicans are saints are grossly mistaken.
They only seem like saints when placed next to the demoncrats.
While sending everyone you dislike to Hell, remember the old saying, "Judge not, that ye not be judged.

mostpost
07-25-2017, 06:06 PM
First thing you are wrong about is that a congresssman represents the whole state. Each one represents the geographical district from which he is elected. But, as Clocker pointed out, according to the Constitution, he does not have to live in the district he represents.

You are also wrong that North Dakota does not have any districts for federal office. You have one, at large district. Other states have several geographically specific districts..

mostpost
07-25-2017, 06:13 PM
You had better hope that never happens. If it did, Republicans would have zero representation in Congress from California.

jimmyb
07-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Just another gold diggin Uncle Tom using race to further her own cause. Her, the Jesse Jackson Family, Juan Williams, Al Sharpton ... all drinking from the same trough.

delayjf
07-25-2017, 09:50 PM
What would the mortgage of a 4.3 million dollar home be, about 20,000 a month?

Tom
07-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Got to give her credit though.
Just look at the prosperity and quality of life she has delivered to her constituents!

She deserves ALL the credit due.

barahona44
07-25-2017, 11:45 PM
Just another gold diggin Uncle Tom using race to further her own cause. Her, the Jesse Jackson Family, Juan Williams, Al Sharpton ... all drinking from the same trough.

Are you familiar with what an Uncle Tom character means?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Uncle+Tom

Race hustlers, gold diggers, (not Juan Williams, though), sure I'd agree with that.But not Uncle Tom.

Which,btw, does not mean "acting white", (whatever that means). That would be an "Oreo".

OK, end of lesson.:)

jimmyb
07-26-2017, 12:30 AM
Are you familiar with what an Uncle Tom character means?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Uncle+Tom

Race hustlers, gold diggers, (not Juan Williams, though), sure I'd agree with that.But not Uncle Tom.

Which,btw, does not mean "acting white", (whatever that means). That would be an "Oreo".

OK, end of lesson.:)

In the American racial context, "Uncle Tom" is a term for blacks that give up or hide their ethnic or gender outlooks, traits, and practices, in order to be accepted into the mainstream. In African-American parlance this is also derogatorily known as an Oreo.

Mad Max includes racial overtones in order to gain acceptance by one race, all the while living in a different world which excludes many of such race. In Mad Maxies case, the outlooks, the traits and the practices are mainstream white ass America. This certainly qualifies 'Mad Max' as a 'TOM'.

IMO, she has more in common with Donald J Trump than she does with the people she represents.

The true character of a person is not what one does when people are watching, but what one does when people are not.

barahona44
07-26-2017, 01:07 AM
In the American racial context, "Uncle Tom" is a term for blacks that give up or hide their ethnic or gender outlooks, traits, and practices, in order to be accepted into the mainstream. In African-American parlance this is also derogatorily known as an Oreo.

Mad Max includes racial overtones in order to gain acceptance by one race, all the while living in a different world which excludes many of such race. In Mad Maxies case, the outlooks, the traits and the practices are mainstream white ass America. This certainly qualifies 'Mad Max' as a 'TOM'.

IMO, she has more in common with Donald J Trump than she does with the people she represents.

The true character of a person is not what one does when people are watching, but what one does when people are not.

First things first, I agree with you on Trump Waters comparison.They both found a base to appeal to which I think they truly don't believe themselves.The irony being Waters' family moved to Los Angeles from rural Arkansas during WW 2.Waters herself worked in a garment factory and as a telephone operator while attending college part time, then became a preschool teacher before entering politics.That seems to be a more positive road to success than what she usually preaches,i.e, the blame game, the race card and the victim card.

BUT, she is not an Uncle Tom.A race hustler, certainly.No filter from brain to mouth, yes.If she were a Tom, she wouldn't keep getting re-elected.

However, she is under no obligation to live in a "ghetto".Mitch McConnell isn't living in a shack in Appalachia.Do you think Trump is going to move to Grand Rapids or Kenosha because he was given support by Midwestern blue collar workers?

All members of Congress and the Washington establishment are divorced from the reality of their constituent's lives.The best you can hope for is some inkling of empathy for what the voters need.

I, for one, do not plan on holding my breath.

Inner Dirt
07-26-2017, 09:07 AM
First things first, I agree with you on Trump Waters comparison.They both found a base to appeal to which I think they truly don't believe themselves.The irony being Waters' family moved to Los Angeles from rural Arkansas during WW 2.Waters herself worked in a garment factory and as a telephone operator while attending college part time, then became a preschool teacher before entering politics.That seems to be a more positive road to success than what she usually preaches,i.e, the blame game, the race card and the victim card.

BUT, she is not an Uncle Tom.A race hustler, certainly.No filter from brain to mouth, yes.If she were a Tom, she wouldn't keep getting re-elected.

However, she is under no obligation to live in a "ghetto".Mitch McConnell isn't living in a shack in Appalachia.Do you think Trump is going to move to Grand Rapids or Kenosha because he was given support by Midwestern blue collar workers?

All members of Congress and the Washington establishment are divorced from the reality of their constituent's lives.The best you can hope for is some inkling of empathy for what the voters need.

I, for one, do not plan on holding my breath.

You still have hope. I know lefties that won't even say a bad thing about Maxine Waters. I can't remember anyone on the left that has concocted the crazy excuses for the plight of inner city blacks as she has, not even Sharpton and Jackson.

barahona44
07-26-2017, 09:45 AM
You still have hope.

Most people say I'm hopeless. :D :confused:

davew
07-26-2017, 10:47 PM
What would the mortgage of a 4.3 million dollar home be, about 20,000 a month?

Why would you need a mortgage when you buy it for cash 13 years ago when it was only worth $6.2 million?

chadk66
07-26-2017, 10:50 PM
First thing you are wrong about is that a congresssman represents the whole state. Each one represents the geographical district from which he is elected. But, as Clocker pointed out, according to the Constitution, he does not have to live in the district he represents.

You are also wrong that North Dakota does not have any districts for federal office. You have one, at large district. Other states have several geographically specific districts..in ND we all vote on every federal representative. And they all three represent the whole state.

chadk66
07-26-2017, 10:51 PM
You had better hope that never happens. If it did, Republicans would have zero representation in Congress from California.I doubt that. their brains would blow up in the voting booth.

chadk66
07-26-2017, 10:53 PM
What would the mortgage of a 4.3 million dollar home be, about 20,000 a month?I would bet if you dug you would find someone or something payed cash. And why the hell do we have to wait a minute before we can post again? Isn't that busy in here :pound:

Tom
07-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Maxie baby probably has cash in her freezer and an unmarked pallet of cash in her garage.

That is how the dems operate.

Clocker
07-26-2017, 11:40 PM
And why the hell do we have to wait a minute before we can post again? Isn't that busy in here :pound:

That's so that those here who move their lips when they read don't get too far behind. :p

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-28-2017, 01:06 PM
While sending everyone you dislike to Hell, remember the old saying, "Judge not, that ye not be judged.

That's an idiotic old saying. I, and everyone else on Earth, make judgments continually.

I speak metaphorically about hell when I say Maxine Waters belongs there. While I have no legal evidence that she committed any crime, I stand by my observation that there is something wrong with anyone who thinks this is an honest person. The obvious circumstantial evidence is overwhelming -- as is her racist hypocrisy.

You have to know she plays the racist card every time she has nothing to back up her liberal positions.

Inner Dirt
07-28-2017, 03:07 PM
That's an idiotic old saying. I, and everyone else on Earth, make judgments continually.

I speak metaphorically about hell when I say Maxine Waters belongs there. While I have no legal evidence that she committed any crime, I stand by my observation that there is something wrong with anyone who thinks this is an honest person. The obvious circumstantial evidence is overwhelming -- as is her racist hypocrisy.

You have to know she plays the racist card every time she has nothing to back up her liberal positions.

Maxine playing the race card? I think she plays them a deck at a time, she blames whitey more times than Jackson and Sharpton combined. She easily takes over for Hillary as the most annoying Democrat in my eyes.

jimmyb
07-28-2017, 04:23 PM

True statement. Complimenting and agreeing are judgements. Has Mostie ever thrown a compliment someone's way or agreed or disagreed with anyone? He is Guilty as charged. Does this mean Mostie is going to hell? Maybe he is living his own hell.

chadk66
07-28-2017, 08:44 PM
That's so that those here who move their lips when they read don't get too far behind. :p:pound: