PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Rod @ SAR

Cholly
07-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Noticed that all three of his horses entered today were scratched "by stewards". Paperwork glitch? If so, that has to irk the NYRA suits since it resulted in Race 3 becoming a 4-horse field.

Also thought it interesting that on Wednesday they've drawn a race for State-Bred non-winners of 1X going 11 furlongs...don't remember their ever running state breds that distance.

TheOracle
07-25-2017, 11:03 AM
Noticed that all three of his horses entered today were scratched "by stewards". Paperwork glitch? If so, that has to irk the NYRA suits since it resulted in Race 3 becoming a 4-horse field.

Also thought it interesting that on Wednesday they've drawn a race for State-Bred non-winners of 1X going 11 furlongs...don't remember their ever running state breds that distance.

Rudy's been having a rough year so far at Saratoga you are not getting much of a return on his horses to start the season at the Spa

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/r rodsarsofar.jpg

I did some digging and noticed that whenever his horses are a Morning Line Favorite ending in 5 (i.e. 1-5, 2-5,,,9-5) on the Dirt they tend to win but it seems to only happen 2 to 3 times a season

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/r rodsarmlfivers.jpg

Going back from August 31, 2012 up until last Friday his horses have won 8 of their last 11 in this situation with two place finishes and one third.

It looks like there might be 1 or 2 more times for this to happen this year he has won 4 in a row as of August 6, 2016 in this situation but it seems back to back wins are usually followed by a loss

If his next one happens to lose I will focus on the one he enters after the loss in this situation!!!

Nyraguru
07-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Rudy is strictly aqueduct. Not as vigilant with the testing and rules enforcement, all bases are covered at belmont and ssaratoga.

Dahoss9698
07-26-2017, 10:10 AM
By no means am I defending him...but 2 for 9 to start is pretty good by Saratoga standards.

Saratoga_Mike
07-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Rudy is strictly aqueduct. Not as vigilant with the testing and rules enforcement, all bases are covered at belmont and ssaratoga.

What's your basis for this statement?

cj
07-26-2017, 03:54 PM
By no means am I defending him...but 2 for 9 to start is pretty good by Saratoga standards.

Yeah, but they were probably horses with a morning line ending in 5!