PDA

View Full Version : Ladbrokes is Wrong about Impeachment Odds

maddog42
07-23-2017, 01:58 PM
http://www.chronicle.co.zw/donald-trump-latest-approval-rating-and-impeachment-odds/

There is no way that Republicans will impeach Trump. But a vote is coming.
Ladbrokes says the odds are 48%. Nah. A constitutional crisis and his resignation is much more likely. The midterms will probably decide the story on impeachment. Firing Mueller and or pardons will seal his fate.

green80
07-23-2017, 02:10 PM
http://www.chronicle.co.zw/donald-trump-latest-approval-rating-and-impeachment-odds/

Ladbrokes says the odds are 48%. Nah. A constitutional crisis and his resignation is much more likely. The midterms will probably decide the story on impeachment. Firing Mueller and or pardons will seal his fate.

That line is just as bad as their odd-on line on Hillary winning.

green80
07-23-2017, 02:23 PM

That line is just as bad as their odds-on line on Hillary winning.

ElKabong
07-23-2017, 02:27 PM

It's probably around a 100 degrees in the armpit of the USA, up there. Makes it mighty hard on a snowflake to survive.

But you are good entertainment. These posts in desperation bring a smile to my face. :)

Clocker
07-23-2017, 02:52 PM
A constitutional crisis and his resignation is much more likely. The midterms will probably decide the story on impeachment. Firing Mueller and or pardons will seal his fate.

As far as I can find, there is no definition of “constitutional crisis” under the law. In common usage, a president violating the Constitution would certainly qualify.

No serious political commentator on either side of the aisle would deny that the president has constitutional authority to fire anyone in the executive branch or to pardon anyone.

I would suggest that firing Mueller or granting certain pardons could cost him, and perhaps even cost the GOP, future elections. But neither would get him impeached. And with his ego, certainly nothing discussed to date would get him to resign.

Any other ideas for impeachable offenses or constitutional crises?

davew
07-23-2017, 02:58 PM
That line is just as bad as their odds-on line on Hillary winning.

you can say that again

8/1 to get 2 terms
https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/politics/international/us-elections/donald-trump-specials/225147663/

Marshall Bennett
07-23-2017, 04:19 PM
Thus far Trump's done nothing wrong to warrant impeachment. Talk about a worthless thread, and I suppose I'm also guilty by contributing to it. :confused:

Tom
07-23-2017, 04:26 PM
As far as I can find, there is no definition of “constitutional crisis” under the law.

The constitutional crisis is the constitution of the democrats.
They are crapping their pants!:pound::pound::pound:

mostpost
07-23-2017, 07:18 PM
It's probably around a 100 degrees in the armpit of the USA, up there. Makes it mighty hard on a snowflake to survive.

But you are good entertainment. These posts in desperation bring a smile to my face. :)
I didn't know Maddog 42 lived in Texas.:eek:

chadk66
07-23-2017, 08:30 PM
gotta love the sight of snowflakes melting;)

maddog42
07-23-2017, 08:34 PM
As far as I can find, there is no definition of “constitutional crisis” under the law. In common usage, a president violating the Constitution would certainly qualify.

No serious political commentator on either side of the aisle would deny that the president has constitutional authority to fire anyone in the executive branch or to pardon anyone.

I would suggest that firing Mueller or granting certain pardons could cost him, and perhaps even cost the GOP, future elections. But neither would get him impeached. And with his ego, certainly nothing discussed to date would get him to resign.

Any other ideas for impeachable offenses or constitutional crises?

If the president decided to pardon himself, that would be a constitutional crisis. If the president fires someone who is investigating the president, that would be a constitutional crisis. It would mean that anything the president does would be legal or with no consequences. If an inconsequential BJ by a WH assistant is grounds for investigation then certainly the presidents finances arising from potential deal making with the Russians is. Just because the president has a congressional majority to protect him and block investigations doesn't mean he can do anything he wants. Experts have said that there is no precedent for a self pardon, but it is not clearly defined.Use your imagination Clocker. You can do better than this. Republicans are slowly starting to realize that their guy is in trouble. Deep Trouble. All except the Republicans on this site, you included.

maddog42
07-23-2017, 08:36 PM

Desperation? Republicans are Desperate with a capital D. I have never had so much fun.

Clocker
07-23-2017, 08:50 PM
If the president decided to pardon himself, that would be a constitutional crisis.

Please define "constitutional crisis".

Republicans are slowly starting to realize that their guy is in trouble. Deep Trouble. All except the Republicans on this site, you included.I'm not a Republican and Trump isn't my guy. But he is entertaining and I love tacky political drama. :p

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-23-2017, 09:29 PM

That's right up there with their odds for a Hillary landslide and Brexit going down in flames.

davew
07-23-2017, 10:23 PM
Ladbrokes is trying to balance their books - more money being bet on impeachment

barn32
07-23-2017, 11:23 PM
gotta love the sight of snowflakes melting;)I love being me.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f0/ef/f5/f0eff53af7a9b5f40ebaa0576d8940a9.gif

ElKabong
07-23-2017, 11:56 PM
I didn't know Maddog 42 lived in Texas.:eek:

He doesn't. He lives in Mobilehoma.

You should stick to your non stop defense of the obamacare failure. Illinois is nothing to brag about right now, seeing the financial crisis the place has been going through.

ElKabong
07-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Well, back to the topic of impeachment....

I would have to give it a 50-50 prop now. His tweet about sessions being beleaguered in addition to his facial expression when asked if the ag should resign, I think his protection amongst pubbies has shrunk by a good margin. Sessions is popular, plus he was in trumps corner from the get go. Now he's being pressured out by trump for his efforts. Even Rudy G is on sessions side on recusal from today's quote.

I see trump being chewed up after mid terms, won't be pretty. He'll pay for his inability to work with, well, anybody. He's made enemies of his biggest supporters in DC. Anyone didn't see this coming? I'm just surprised it took just six months

Clocker
07-24-2017, 04:40 PM
I would have to give it a 50-50 prop now. His tweet about sessions being beleaguered in addition to his facial expression when asked if the ag should resign, I think his protection amongst pubbies has shrunk by a good margin. Sessions is popular, plus he was in trumps corner from the get go. Now he's being pressured out by trump for his efforts. Even Rudy G is on sessions side on recusal from today's quote.

I see trump being chewed up after mid terms, won't be pretty. He'll pay for his inability to work with, well, anybody. He's made enemies of his biggest supporters in DC. Anyone didn't see this coming? I'm just surprised it took just six months

There are two parts to that, impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate. As long as the GOP maintains a majority in the House, he won't be impeached. It's one thing for a Republican to oppose the policies of a GOP president, it is another to vote to impeach him. It's a good way to get voted out back home really fast for a lot of them.

I don't see impeachment unless the Dems take control of the House, and I don't see conviction by the Senate unless Trump actually does shoot someone in the middle of the street. The latter takes a 2/3 majority, and few if any GOP Senators would vote to convict.

I agree that Trump's inability to work with Congress will get worse. I see government gridlock, probably for the rest of Trump's first and only term, which in general not a bad thing. I agree with Thoreau that "That government is best which governs least." If they can only do something useful about ObamaCare and tax reform first.

chadk66
07-24-2017, 09:02 PM
if they attempt to impeach him there will be civil unrest like you haven't seen in this country probably ever.

reckless
07-24-2017, 09:23 PM

There won't be any impeachment. If Sessions is so popular, as you claim, how come these stupid, gutless and compromised Republicans did not come to his defense during his confirmation hearings when Sessions was called evil, a racist, and worse by both Democrats and their partners in crime, the media?

Trump's inability to work with ... 'anybody'...? What are you talking about? It's the stupid, gutless and compromised Republican that are not working with Pres. Donald J. Trump, Kabong.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Jared Kushner shredded the last breath the Demoncrats had of keeping this Russian conspiracy bs alive today.

Actor
07-24-2017, 11:55 PM
I drew August 8. Cost me $1. :coffee:

ElKabong
07-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Trump's inability to work with ... 'anybody'...? What are you talking about? It's the stupid, gutless and compromised Republican that are not working with Pres. Donald J. Trump, Kabong.

Unfortunately for you, he's not King trump. As long as that is the case he'll have to work with others. Ask Obama how little one can accomplish when you can't compromise or negotiate in a competent, fair manner.

Failure.

AltonKelsey
07-25-2017, 09:29 PM

He's just draining the swamp. You got yer life jacket?

maddog42
07-25-2017, 10:30 PM
if they attempt to impeach him there will be civil unrest like you haven't seen in this country probably ever.

If the evidence proves what I think it will and they don't impeach there will be civil unrest like you haven't seen in this country.

barahona44
07-26-2017, 12:31 AM

C'mon, it could never be as bad as the civil unrest that occurred in 1998 when Clinton was impeached.

Oh, wait...:D

davew
07-26-2017, 01:14 AM
If the evidence proves what I think it will and they don't impeach there will be civil unrest like you haven't seen in this country.

Tell us what you think the evidence will prove?

I feel there is a better chance of assassination than impeachment, but both very low.

Another Clinton 'suicide' ?
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article160983614.html

maddog42
07-26-2017, 06:22 AM
Tell us what you think the evidence will prove?

I feel there is a better chance of assassination than impeachment, but both very low.

Another Clinton 'suicide' ?
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article160983614.html

I believe a deal was made with the Russians to get Trump elected. They wanted the sanctions removed and probably other things for this help. It may or may not have involved financial help.

rastajenk
07-26-2017, 07:07 AM
The Russians did nothing to make Hillary Clinton the most unlikable, least deserving, and most untrustworthy presidential candidate in any stretch of history one wishes to define. Was it the Russians that made her say, "We're going to put a lot of coal miners out of work?" Did the Russians make her call half the citizens "deplorable?" Did the Russians make her wear Mao suits and say stupid things like "Wipe the hard drive? You mean like with a cloth?"

If they did, then yes, the Russians interfered in our election, and I for one am willing to thank them.

reckless
07-26-2017, 08:01 AM
I believe a deal was made with the Russians to get Trump elected. They wanted the sanctions removed and probably other things for this help. It may or may not have involved financial help.

The Russians wanted Trump to get elected so that he could deliver on his campaign promise to increase fracking and natural gas drilling and exportation. But first, we must simply suspend common sense because Russia's survival depends on natural gas and higher, not lower, natural gas prices. Increased oil/gas production and delivery decreases prices, in case you didn't know. Again, under your assumption, I ask: did the Russians want an open and free European market, which makes Russia richer and more powerful? They do not because USA oil and natural gas will not make Russia richer and more powerful, of course.

The Russians wanted Trump to get elected because he is so easily manipulated and corrupt -- way more easier to push around than say, Hillary Clinton, who gave away 20% of our uranium reserve to the very same Russians for a donation or two to the Clinton Foundation.

Wow, thanks for reminding us on why the Russians wanted Trump to get elected. :lol::lol:

lamboguy
07-26-2017, 08:23 AM
oil inventory levels decreased for the first time in 2 years this week so that might be enough to push oil to $50 per barrel or over.

but in the long run, oil is going to hell. fossil fuels are slowly but surely becoming less and less used for energy. so there is a rush now to cash in as much money from oil as they can possibly get before they can't get anymore.

the icing that goes on the cake is that Kingdom has gone public with ARAMCO. they are distributing the company to as many suckers as they can find to buy into the oil story which will be on life support real soon.

Fager Fan
07-26-2017, 09:35 AM
If the president decided to pardon himself, that would be a constitutional crisis. If the president fires someone who is investigating the president, that would be a constitutional crisis. It would mean that anything the president does would be legal or with no consequences. If an inconsequential BJ by a WH assistant is grounds for investigation then certainly the presidents finances arising from potential deal making with the Russians is. Just because the president has a congressional majority to protect him and block investigations doesn't mean he can do anything he wants. Experts have said that there is no precedent for a self pardon, but it is not clearly defined.Use your imagination Clocker. You can do better than this. Republicans are slowly starting to realize that their guy is in trouble. Deep Trouble. All except the Republicans on this site, you included.

First, it was about committing perjury, not a BJ in the White House.

But let's look at this for a minute. You guys are so up in arms over anything that Trump says about a woman, from being bawdy to complimenting a woman. But Dems had the biggest Womanizer in Chief ever elected (though I suppose Kennedy could make a close race of it), and he's your God.

We can ignore Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers. The latter chose to have an affair with him, and the former was an adult who can handle the repercussions of going to his hotel room and being shown his pee pee.

But why does the left ignore a young intern being used for his sexual pleasure? The power dynamic as well as age would land this person in serious water if he was anyone but Clinton. People have lost their careers over much less, and were found guilty of sexual harassment and other crimes and monetary penalties. It is serious that he abused his power and abused this young woman sexually, but the left ignores that and goes after Trump's non-existent abuse of women.

JustRalph
07-26-2017, 01:31 PM

How do you explain her still losing to him in a poll taken last week?

Clocker
07-26-2017, 01:46 PM
How do you explain her still losing to him in a poll taken last week?

No need for anyone to explain it. Hillary is writing a new book that will tell all.

Hillary Clinton's upcoming book will double down on Russia’s interference and James Comey’s involvement in her stunning election defeat, according to sources familiar with the memoir. Privately, Clinton has told friends and longtime associates that she “wants the whole story out there” as she rushes to tweak and put the finishing touches on the book due out in September.

“She really believes that’s why she lost, and she wants to explain why in no uncertain terms,” one longtime ally said. “She wants the whole story out there from her own perspective. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how much she reveals.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/343755-clinton-book-to-double-down-on-russia-comey-message (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/343755-clinton-book-to-double-down-on-russia-comey-message)

Clocker
07-26-2017, 01:56 PM
I believe a deal was made with the Russians to get Trump elected. They wanted the sanctions removed and probably other things for this help.

Whether it happened or not, the Russian appearance of wrong doing hurt them badly. The House just passed a new sanctions bill by a margin of 419-3.

The U.S. House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to slap new sanctions on Russia and force President Donald Trump to obtain lawmakers' permission before easing any sanctions on Moscow, in a rare rebuke of the Republican president. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN1AA28W

reckless
07-26-2017, 02:09 PM
The U.S. House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to slap new sanctions on Russia and force President Donald Trump to obtain lawmakers' permission before easing any sanctions on Moscow, in a rare rebuke of the Republican president.

These same Republicans that didn't have the ballz to stop Obama in any of his many unconstitutional actions over eight years now wants to play tough with the one guy that will save their arses in 2018.

The GOP is in for the rudest of awakenings next year, for sure, especially in the Senate but Ryan's GOP will lose seats in the House too.

They and all the Trump haters will try and blame Trump, of course, but those of us that pay attention simply know who really is at fault. And it isn't Donald J. Trump.

elysiantraveller
07-26-2017, 03:01 PM
I agree that Trump's inability to work with Congress will get worse. I see government gridlock, probably for the rest of Trump's first and only term, which in general not a bad thing. I agree with Thoreau that "That government is best which governs least." If they can only do something useful about ObamaCare and tax reform first.

Unfortunately he Tweeted away what little political capital he had months ago...

Clocker
07-26-2017, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately he Tweeted away what little political capital he had months ago...

If he had any left, he is napalming it with the Sessions affair. The 419-3 vote on the House bill shows how he stands there.

Sessions is still highly respected in the Senate, and Trump is ticking off a lot of Republicans there:

President Donald Trump is getting a bitter Washington lesson when he messes with Jeff Sessions – you don't pick a fight with one of the Senate's guys.
Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article163424468.html#storylink=cpy

(http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article163424468.html)

fast4522
07-26-2017, 04:56 PM
They and all the Trump haters will try and blame Trump, of course, but those of us that pay attention simply know who really is at fault. And it isn't Donald J. Trump.

I do not expect that just because President Trump rolls into the beltway that everyone says "yes Donald", we all knew upfront election night when Donald J. Trump won that resistance would be high didn't we? We knew upfront that we would have to deal with some Cockroaches, the President's own terminology about not being a choker is what we have to meet the bar to. In another thread I posted a Youtube in which Dan Pena suggests that Donald J. Trump is the kind of guy to rip off your head and shit down your neck, to that I say wait for it. In order to do that legally it requires longer than six months, and fully expect several to suffer his wrath and wholeheartedly welcome it.

classhandicapper
07-26-2017, 08:20 PM
The republicans, democrats, and media are all so monumentally corrupt, incompetent, and disgusting, I'm pretty sure the Ex KGB Communist is the least bad villain in all of this. Putin would be an improvement.

reckless
07-26-2017, 08:28 PM
If he had any left, he is napalming it with the Sessions affair. The 419-3 vote on the House bill shows how he stands there.

Sessions is still highly respected in the Senate, and Trump is ticking off a lot of Republicans there:

(http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article163424468.html)

clocker, during Jeff Sessions' confirmation hearings, I must have missed the part where all these Senators showed Sessions how 'highly respected' they were of him. And that also includes the months after being confirmed.

Even the North Carolina senator that chaired the committee, Republican Richard Burr, dissed him on occasion and never, ever did Burr or fellow Republicans come to Jeff's defense when Jeff was called a hater, a racist and 'Beauregard' by the left wing media.

Point me to where I missed all this 'highly respected' love-fest toward Sessions please. Thanks.

PS--I read your link clocker. I was just speaking rhetorically.... they are only on Sessions side right now. Again, it's only because Trump has dissed Sessions that's all.

Clocker
07-26-2017, 09:31 PM
PS--I read your link clocker. I was just speaking rhetorically.... they are only on Sessions side right now. Again, it's only because Trump has dissed Sessions that's all.

That was my point. And if Sessions does get fired or forced out, how smoothly will the Senate confirm Trump's nominee to replace him?

More here on growing Senate reaction to Trump's treatment of Sessions:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/sessions-trump-attacks-friends-240996

ElKabong
07-26-2017, 10:07 PM
That was my point. And if Sessions does get fired or forced out, how smoothly will the Senate confirm Trump's nominee to replace him?

More here on growing Senate reaction to Trump's treatment of Sessions:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/sessions-trump-attacks-friends-240996

Graham hit the nail on the head. Trump is weak. Big talk, but his handling of sessions is as weak as it gets.

Make a decision, jellyfish. Get behind your ag or fire his ass. Be a leader, shut the hell up and grow a set.

davew
07-26-2017, 10:44 PM

yep, probably want to get ahold of the companies controlling USA uranium sources and offered over half a million speaking fees once he is no longer president.

elysiantraveller
07-26-2017, 11:27 PM
yep, probably want to get ahold of the companies controlling USA uranium sources and offered over half a million speaking fees once he is no longer president.

Can you explain this to me in your own terms? Russian interests profit off of US uranium mining. Beyond that what really is so bad about it in your own words?

davew
01-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Can you explain this to me in your own terms? Russian interests profit off of US uranium mining. Beyond that what really is so bad about it in your own words?

When a company controls 70% of the world market, they set the world price. To sell off assets to increase a companies world share is wrong, and anti-trust rules would apply if a US company.

Still good odds for impeachment, I guess half the country will hate him until he is gone.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/close-trump-presidency-end-bookmakers-180248098.html

mountainman
01-31-2018, 07:11 PM

Bloodshed. A nation divided. Perhaps at war with itself.

Actor
02-01-2018, 12:20 PM

Ladbrokes says the odds are 48%. Nah. A constitutional crisis and his resignation is much more likely. The midterms will probably decide the story on impeachment. Firing Mueller and or pardons will seal his fate.Does Ladbrokes' figure come from a parimutuel formula or are they handicapping the situation?

woodtoo
02-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Does Ladbrokes' figure come from a parimutuel formula or are they handicapping the situation?

They go straight to CNN.

davew
02-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Does Ladbrokes' figure come from a parimutuel formula or are they handicapping the situation?

they are balancing their books and adjust when needed, like all profitable bookmakers