dilanesp
07-22-2017, 09:15 PM
I laughed.

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Cool thread!

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:17 PM
I'm pretty excited to read all of the people who had ZERO pre race opinions, now act like they "knew it."

Tom
07-22-2017, 09:19 PM
menifee had a pre race opinion.

dilanesp
07-22-2017, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty excited to read all of the people who had ZERO pre race opinions, now act like they "knew it."

Dahoss, I am happy to tell you I liked Arrogate to win this race. I was dead wrong. :)

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:21 PM
menifee had a pre race opinion.

I hope he made a killing. He was the only one I saw.

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Dahoss, I am happy to tell you I liked Arrogate to win this race. I was dead wrong. :)

Who wasn't? Even if you wanted to play against Arrogate, it's still tough to come up with the winner.

Tom
07-22-2017, 09:28 PM
I thought, for a moment, bet $8 on the other 4 horses to show and hope for the best.

I ordered a pizza instead. It just arrived. :rant:

Fager Fan
07-22-2017, 09:30 PM

I thought he'd win too. Only someone with reading comprehension problems thinks I said anything just now about knowing he was going to lose.

No horse is unbeatable. We just had a kick in the ass reminder. And a reminder that maybe some underestimate winning (and winning and winning), and hopefully one (or more) who shall remain nameless feels a little humbled right now. 😜

dilanesp
07-22-2017, 09:36 PM
I thought he'd win too. Only someone with reading comprehension problems thinks I said anything just now about knowing he was going to lose.

No horse is unbeatable. We just had a kick in the ass reminder. And a reminder that maybe some underestimate winning (and winning and winning), and hopefully one (or more) who shall remain nameless feels a little humbled right now. 😜

I think Spectacular Bid is the best horse I ever saw run. Fast times and all that. But I think the second best horse I ever saw run was Cigar, and it's because I think the winning streak--16 races in a row, and once he got going no cheapies at all (unlike Zenyatta's streak, for instance, which was padded by crap races in California)-- is a truly transcendental accomplishment. It's impossible to run as much as Cigar did, at as many tracks, against as many top horses, without at some point getting beat. And yet he won 16 in a row. He wasn't the fastest in history, or the flashiest, but to me that's just amazing.

nancy4487
07-22-2017, 09:40 PM
Mike Hogan‏ @MHoganSays

Songbird: I'm the champion that everyone on Twitter thinks just ran the worst race against a weak field.

Arrogate: Hold my beer.

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:42 PM

This is great. People who wanted to critically assess Songbird, should feel humbled because Arrogate threw in a clunker.

You've literally NEVER given a pre race opinion but want to take those that do regularly to task.

The internet is awesome.

Afleet
07-22-2017, 09:43 PM
I knew it. I told the bum down on the corner to bet everything he had on Donworth to place-just ask him

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:45 PM
I knew it. I told the bum down on the corner to bet everything he had on Donworth to place-just ask him

Nice!

Fager Fan, did Afleet tell you this?

dilanesp
07-22-2017, 09:47 PM

Is that the guy I just saw at the airport buying a first class ticket to Aruba?

Afleet
07-22-2017, 09:48 PM
Is that the guy I just saw at the airport buying a first class ticket to Aruba?

that was him

Fager Fan
07-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Mike Hogan‏ @MHoganSays

Songbird: I'm the champion that everyone on Twitter thinks just ran the worst race against a weak field.

Arrogate: Hold my beer.

Love it.

Dilan, I've always been with regarding longevity in the racehorse. Race enough, and you'll lose. Race enough, and you won't maintain out-of-this-world numbers. Race enough, and throw enough high figures, and you won't stay sound. Cigar was criticized at the time for not running higher numbers. It seems few recognize even after all the history we have to learn from that it's hard as hell to keep winning over a long period of time.

Anyway, besides being shocked, the first thing I thought of was the title of this thread and couldn't help myself. 😊