PDA

View Full Version : Accelerate pulls a JO Tobin!

dilanesp
07-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Wow

Tom
07-22-2017, 09:16 PM
To Anthony, the Big A from HRRN, who relentlessly argued that Secretariat was no Arrogate on air recently and point by point dissed Big Red......PM me big mouth, and I will buy this for you.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

dilanesp
07-22-2017, 09:19 PM
To Anthony, the Big A from HRRN, who relentlessly argued that Secretariat was no Arrogate on air recently and point by point dissed Big Red......PM me big mouth, and I will buy this for you.
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I've been known to at times criticize Secretariat (there's certain aspects of his career I don't really like), but anyone who thought, before or after this race, that Arrogate is comparable to Secretariat is bonkers. Secretariat set the still standing Derby and Belmont records, ran a 1:45 and change 9 furlongs in the Marlboro, set a track record on the grass as well, and beat a boatload of good horses including Riva Ridge, Cougar, Key to the Mint, etc. Plus the 2:24 flat / 31 lengths, still the definitive performance in the history of televised racing.

I don't know why people say things like that. You can appreciate Arrogate without pretending he is something he isn't.

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 09:20 PM
I don't know why people say things like that. You can appreciate Arrogate without pretending he is something he isn't.

I feel the same way about Songbird

stlseeeek
07-22-2017, 09:22 PM
lol

All of the media guys said they were shocked Del Mar took the show action.

Now we know why they took that action. Baffert even claimed horse wasnt cranked up.

And those show payoffs :puke:

GMB@BP
07-22-2017, 09:53 PM
I've been known to at times criticize Secretariat (there's certain aspects of his career I don't really like), but anyone who thought, before or after this race, that Arrogate is comparable to Secretariat is bonkers. Secretariat set the still standing Derby and Belmont records, ran a 1:45 and change 9 furlongs in the Marlboro, set a track record on the grass as well, and beat a boatload of good horses including Riva Ridge, Cougar, Key to the Mint, etc. Plus the 2:24 flat / 31 lengths, still the definitive performance in the history of televised racing.

Arrogate has broken some track records as well....it wasnt hyperbole to say he was a very very fast horse by any standard.

Afleet
07-22-2017, 10:05 PM

Spectacular Bid won the Whitney in a walkover!

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/09/04/sports/sports-of-the-times-woodward-tale.html

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1980/07/04/page/47/article/bid-arrives-spectacularly

olddaddy
07-22-2017, 10:10 PM
And those show payoffs :puke:

I dont understand what you are saying. 94% of show money was on arrogate. The show prices are legit, this isnt a hidden pool.

dilanesp
07-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Arrogate has broken some track records as well....it wasnt hyperbole to say he was a very very fast horse by any standard.

His Travers record is legit. But his career just isn't comparable to Secretariat.

GMB@BP
07-22-2017, 10:37 PM
His Travers record is legit. But his career just isn't comparable to Secretariat.

I never heard a person say it was....strawman argument. I have heard several say he is the best in a long time....I felt that way. He was doing freakish things.

theotherside
07-23-2017, 04:49 AM
His Preakness is officially the track record now.and the 145.2 mile and an 1/8 against the best older horses around at the time was a world record!

NY BRED
07-23-2017, 10:35 AM
a: can someone advise the correct way to copy a link on a meesage
to the forum?

in the interim Mr. B had an identical disaster several years ago at DMR,
go to youtube .com and listen to Lou Christie singing:

lightining striking again

:bang::bang::confused:

Tom
07-23-2017, 10:44 AM
I never heard a person say it was....strawman argument. I have heard several say he is the best in a long time....I felt that way. He was doing freakish things.

Big A said on HRRN that he was the BEST to ever look through a bridle. He went on to put down Secretariat's record. His ignorance came to mind with about 4 furlongs left to run last night.

I wonder if Andy has a spare dunce cap he could lend? :lol:

Tom
07-23-2017, 10:46 AM
His Preakness is officially the track record now.and the 145.2 mile and an 1/8 against the best older horses around at the time was a world record!

What was Arrogate's Preakness time in his triple crown sweep?

Bullet Plane
07-23-2017, 10:52 AM
What was Arrogate's Preakness time in his triple crown sweep?

Was it anything like Secretariats' 4 year old "campaign"?

Fager Fan
07-23-2017, 11:28 AM

Arrogate is on pace to finish the year runnin half as many times as Sec (11 compared to 21), and on half as many surfaces (1 compared to 2), so I'm not sure what running at 4 proves in this case. He'll need to run at 5 and likely 6 too just to race as many times as Sec did.

Tom
07-23-2017, 11:52 AM

He only needed on season to achieve greatness.;)