PDA

View Full Version : Buying gold/silver?

BaffertsWig
07-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Any websites/companies you'd recommend buying for? Or am I better off going to a coin shop and just buying rolls of silver dimes? Not investing a lot to start off with, probably under $1000 for now... thanks for any info/advice.

lamboguy
07-22-2017, 11:51 AM
i would stay with the coin shop but stay away from the 90% silver. i would only buy United States Mint Silver Eagles at the coin shop of your choice. they will cost you between $2-$2.50 per coin which you would get back all or some of the premium when you sell the coins backs.

the reason is that if you are trying to sell into a fast moving market, my experience has been that you get the full silver price and the premium on ,9999 silver where the 90% gets discounted.

BaffertsWig
07-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Awesome, thanks for the advice! :ThmbUp:

Camkid77
07-22-2017, 01:28 PM
i would stay with the coin shop but stay away from the 90% silver. i would only buy United States Mint Silver Eagles at the coin shop of your choice. they will cost you between $2-$2.50 per coin which you would get back all or some of the premium when you sell the coins backs.

the reason is that if you are trying to sell into a fast moving market, my experience has been that you get the full silver price and the premium on ,9999 silver where the 90% gets discounted.

Silver & Gold are both jokes :rolleyes:

lamboguy
07-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Silver & Gold are both jokes :rolleyes:

hey bro, that's good to know

howardjim
07-22-2017, 05:23 PM
EBay often sells gold coins and bars at close to spot and accepts credit cards. Most dealers will charge you a hefty premium and require a check or wire in 5 or so days. Silver is also offered at a small premium, though less often than gold.

You have to know spot prices when checking, Apmex and Bay Precious Metals are reliable sellers. Kitco.com provides live spot quotes.

Good luck, don't be spooked by volatility, they are solid investments in today's fairytale financial world.

Camkid77
07-22-2017, 06:26 PM
hey bro, that's good to know

Your better off owning Amazon stock, Google.:rant:... Lol;)

lamboguy
07-22-2017, 06:39 PM
EBay often sells gold coins and bars at close to spot and accepts credit cards. Most dealers will charge you a hefty premium and require a check or wire in 5 or so days. Silver is also offered at a small premium, though less often than gold.

You have to know spot prices when checking, Apmex and Bay Precious Metals are reliable sellers. Kitco.com provides live spot quotes.

Good luck, don't be spooked by volatility, they are solid investments in today's fairytale financial world.
the biggest gold broker in the world happens to be about 30 miles down the street from you off of rout 24. CNT Depository---729 Bedford street--Bridgewater, Ma.

508-807-4800

this is the very largest gold dealer in the world and they probably have more gold on hand than Fort Knox.

howardjim
07-23-2017, 01:06 PM
the biggest gold broker in the world happens to be about 30 miles down the street from you off of rout 24. CNT Depository---729 Bedford street--Bridgewater, Ma.

508-807-4800

this is the very largest gold dealer in the world and they probably have more gold on hand than Fort Knox.

Thanks, didn't know that.

Precious metals may very well prove "a bridge over troubled waters" when investing fantasies falter.

lamboguy
07-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Thanks, didn't know that.

Precious metals may very well prove "a bridge over troubled waters" when investing fantasies falter.not to many know that.........

if you treat precious metals as insurance and not an investment you will be fine.

i hold metals and trade mining stocks.

Camkid77
07-24-2017, 08:27 AM

508-807-4800

Here’s the next ‘FANG’ stock that’s set to explode
Some strategists are forecasting further upside for another member of the 'FANG' gang reporting next week: Amazon.:D