PDA

View Full Version : I am going to win money

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Well it's Saratoga time and my mail box gets filled with the national race masters expert touts and their plans to win money at Saratoga. They know the insiders, the clockers, they know which horses are ready to run on this surface etc. I enjoy reading these proposals every year and for only about $150 you get all of their selections for the meeting. This sounds great picking up a phone and getting the value winners without any work of my own. They must pick up a few clients along the way I guess BUT buyer beware is the key phrase.

Dave Schwartz
07-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Well it's Saratoga time and my mail box gets filled with the national race masters expert touts and their plans to win money at Saratoga.

Seriously? They still do that?

I bet I've not had a single horse racing piece in my mailbox since... well, since Dick Mitchell left the business.

oughtoh
07-20-2017, 02:05 PM
I have been get 2-3 pieces a day for the last few weeks. During other times of the year I get at least 4 a month.

green80
07-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Well it's Saratoga time and my mail box gets filled with the national race masters expert touts and their plans to win money at Saratoga. They know the insiders, the clockers, they know which horses are ready to run on this surface etc. I enjoy reading these proposals every year and for only about $150 you get all of their selections for the meeting. This sounds great picking up a phone and getting the value winners without any work of my own. They must pick up a few clients along the way I guess BUT buyer beware is the key phrase.

I going to stay with Mike Warren, been picking winners for over 40 years. Just bet his picks to get rich. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Mike Warren, out of Baltimore. Ha ha

therussmeister
07-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Seriously? They still do that?

I bet I've not had a single horse racing piece in my mailbox since... well, since Dick Mitchell left the business.

I've been playing for over 32 years and I've never gotten anything such as this.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-20-2017, 04:31 PM
I've been playing for over 32 years and I've never gotten anything such as this.

I must be on some type of mailing list. It actually is quite entertaining listening to these players( I won't name the individuals), and their tremendous successes they have had at the Spa.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Saratoga two days into the 2017 meeting and already I am getting calls from friends that are getting buried at the windows. How does this happen at the beginning of the meeting when you should be treading lightly and picking the best spots. With this post I am not lecturing anyone about what to do as a bettor, but in the case of some of my buddies it's the same story every year trying to dig themselves out of an early hole...and playing to get even is a disaster on any betting bank.

Racey
07-23-2017, 12:17 AM
I got crushed today went hard on Browse at the Spa major win bet and key wheel on top. Of course no key bx exacta bet or place backup bet.Then followed with Free Drop Billy who lost a close one as well. My bet on Browse was the largest I ever made it was tough to lose really thought I had it. Went off 5-1 I got the value I was looking for just did not work out. Now after being even this has put me way behind with much work to do.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-23-2017, 07:10 AM
I got crushed today went hard on Browse at the Spa major win bet and key wheel on top. Of course no key bx exacta bet or place backup bet.Then followed with Free Drop Billy who lost a close one as well. My bet on Browse was the largest I ever made it was tough to lose really thought I had it. Went off 5-1 I got the value I was looking for just did not work out. Now after being even this has put me way behind with much work to do.

Racey,

Keep you head up as your situation is simply GOOD BETS...BAD RESULT. My buddies are guilty of chasing losing bets and that is a formula for disaster. Tough beat on Browse as Johnny V did everything right.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-23-2017, 08:04 PM
After Day 3 of the 40 day meeting I can say with absolute certainty I am living in a dark room. With all of the P3-4-5-6 madness along with the supers/trifectas etc...my question is how much money do you need to attend the races for a day????? back in the days when you dealt with straight bets/exactas/early and late DD at day at the races seemed manageable. Today???

Once again I repeat the well heeled players have the ammunition to attack these highly profitable exotic wagers and can off set the inevitable losing runs. But the regular bettor has limited chances to attack a P5 or P4 and not get himself in a big hole early in the meeting.

Well sorry for rambling on and let me go back to my 8 track player and do the work for my win wagers on the Monday card!

Racey
07-23-2017, 08:56 PM
I appreciate the supportive words I suppose we have all been in this spot but this one really hurt. I have been betting horses for 42 years so I will look for another spot and key bx and spread a bit further

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-23-2017, 09:01 PM
I appreciate the supportive words I suppose we have all been in this spot but this one really hurt. I have been betting horses for 42 years so I will look for another spot and key bx and spread a bit further

Yes the tough beats hurt. But you know as a fact you never know when horse is going to win (arrogate) as an example. All we can do is make the best percentage plays day in and day out. once we make these good bets we have no control of the chaos factor when the gates open. we just operate with absolute loss acceptance with no emotion or excuses. I know we are not robots but the most successful gamblers accept the losses, tough beats and recover quickly and move on.

Racey, you will make money because you are making good bets and the percentages are on your side. that's what we do.