PDA

View Full Version : What is the most irritating behavior DURING A RACE?

Andy Asaro
07-19-2017, 12:16 PM
The smooching drives me nuts.

You can choose two or more behaviors.

johnhannibalsmith
07-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Without a doubt, the asshole that yells "Drop dead three horse!", "Jump the rail!", "Fall off the horse Ortiz!".

With any luck he gets run over by the bus that he's waiting for once Los Al is done.

AltonKelsey
07-19-2017, 12:52 PM

This is why living room downs is a blessing. You can take their money without having to take their BS

MonmouthParkJoe
07-19-2017, 01:21 PM
One behavior and one person in particular.

The behavior piece is the whole, "come on 1-4! 1-4! Ok 6-5! 6-5!"

Maybe the person had twenty different exacta combinations, but yelling out everyone of them drive me nuts.

The one person is this guy at the Borgata. He yells at the top of his lungs, "PUMP HIM! PUMP HIM!!!!" This goes on every, single, race. I actually plan my trips around days he isnt there.

ReplayRandall
07-19-2017, 01:21 PM
The behavior of being so cock-sure you're riding a wiretowire winner that you have to keep looking back, over and over to show up the other riders......Biggest offender is Paco Lopez..:ThmbDown:

onefast99
07-19-2017, 02:07 PM
1)drop kicking the garbage can
2)the Jamaican connection at Aqueduct telling the jocks how bad they are doing
3)the guy who has every single trifecta combination except the one that just won...
4)the "I got this tip from the trainer who said this one can't lose"

CincyHorseplayer
07-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Without a doubt, the asshole that yells "Drop dead three horse!", "Jump the rail!", "Fall off the horse Ortiz!".

With any luck he gets run over by the bus that he's waiting for once Los Al is done.

Right where I was going to go. I hate that.

CincyHorseplayer
07-19-2017, 02:22 PM

Smooching? What the heck are you talking about? Not hip obviously. Actual or other?!

I'd say rooting home single race 1-1's at astronomical volume levels other than the break a leg routine!:cool:

thaskalos
07-19-2017, 02:26 PM
"Come on 1-6...come on 1-6"...the moron screams as the horses near the wire. The race ends up 3-4...and he turns to his friend and says..."I still got it, but not for as much as I had the 1-6".

Andy Asaro
07-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Smooching? What the heck are you talking about? Not hip obviously. Actual or other?!

I'd say rooting home single race 1-1's at astronomical volume levels other than the break a leg routine!:cool:

Kissing sound = Smooching

And there's also the guy next to you telling you "You got it", "You Got it" at the top of the stretch.

CincyHorseplayer
07-19-2017, 02:38 PM

And there's also the guy next to you telling you "You got it", "You Got it" at the top of the stretch.

Oh man that is hideousness! I am guilty of the latter on occasion. But only at 5-1 or better!

onefast99
07-19-2017, 02:53 PM

just had one of those at MP last Saturday my pick was up by 8 in the stretch and got nipped at the wire after the guy next to me kept saying you got it you got it...even after the replay he said you got it....

tanner12oz
07-19-2017, 02:54 PM
the people who say they had it but really don't...the people who wish misfortune "break a leg"

AltonKelsey
07-19-2017, 04:26 PM
One behavior and one person in particular.

The behavior piece is the whole, "come on 1-4! 1-4! Ok 6-5! 6-5!"

Maybe the person had twenty different exacta combinations, but yelling out everyone of them drive me nuts.

The one person is this guy at the Borgata. He yells at the top of his lungs, "PUMP HIM! PUMP HIM!!!!" This goes on every, single, race. I actually plan my trips around days he isnt there.

look on the bright side, these are people that would be molesting small animals if not for the distraction of horse betting.

HalvOnHorseracing
07-19-2017, 05:32 PM
There is always a guy at the track I call the jinx rooter. If he starts yelling for a horse and it is the same horse you bet on, you can tear up your tickets before they cross the finish line.

Longshot6977
07-19-2017, 06:40 PM
The person who keeps yelling out their horse number ("C'mon with that 6!") even though it's obvious the horse will lose badly and keeps fading back in the stretch and comes in last or near last and they still keep yelling out its number as it nears the finish line. They have no idea how to judge time or distance and do it every race. Usually done by noobs.

Andy Asaro
07-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Smoochers lead in Twitter Poll. Can only use 4 responses. 350 Votes.

14%Finger Snappers
34%Smoochers
22%Whipping self with DRF
30%"Just One Time"

porchy44
07-19-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm guilty of saying "one time". Just as a holdem player looking for a card "on the river', I have used my "one time " with a horse coming down the stretch a thousand times.

elhelmete
07-19-2017, 07:11 PM
I can deal, and often enjoy, most everything except unfiltered swearing and/or throwing things.

CincyHorseplayer
07-19-2017, 08:03 PM
For the record I punched a guy in the bathroom circa 1998 about the "break a leg" thing.

If you are reading this and you were that guy=you deserved it asshole! LOL!:lol:

Andy Asaro
07-19-2017, 08:29 PM
For the record I punched a guy in the bathroom circa 1998 about the "break a leg" thing.

If you are reading this and you were that guy=you deserved it asshole! LOL!:lol:

He probably posts here.:lol:

HuggingTheRail
07-19-2017, 08:50 PM

+1

guy at Hastings racebook would always be yelling "beat the chalk" - that wasn't bad, the worst would be when he would be yelling "fall on your head Russell" (for Baze), or "fall on your head Ramon" :(

cj
07-19-2017, 08:55 PM
That guy that points out to you in his black and white program what he missed about the winner after every race. I know it isn't during the race, but it is always right after the wire.

HuggingTheRail
07-19-2017, 08:57 PM
"stop the race"....when they are at the 1/2 mile pole

alhattab
07-19-2017, 09:47 PM

Other wins the top spot- "Stop the race" drives me nuts for some reason- but they're all obnoxious when done loudly.

The whipping never bothered me much. A few years ago Haskell Day at Monmouth, and of course we were playing Saratoga too. Large throng gathered underneath the first mutuel bay in the picnic area. I have the 12 in a two-turn grass affair and he's a decent price and coming from way back, but you could see he was rolling and had a chance. It's 2pm on Haskell Day so I have a few in me at this point. I started the rythmic whipping but into my palm at the 3/16ths and started saying "come on with the 12" which I repeated 5 or 6 times whilst whipping. He wins of course (otherwise there's no story) and some guy turns around and says "that was the best display of racetrack cheering I've ever seen."

Which brings me to my point- why do people cheer like that esp the simulcast crowd? They only do it when they know they have a big shot so all the other players know they won! Yes, I was the a-hole!

Broad Brush
07-19-2017, 09:54 PM
Boy it is amazing we go to different tracks but the stupid comments/people
are the same!!!

I used to be really bothered by the "break a leg" or insulting
the jockeys stuff when I was a kid.

I went home almost in tears if one of my local favorite horses
had a fatal breakdown.

As I got older I really came to understand that in order to win it takes
morons to bet into the pools. This took my anger out of it though I still
don't like it.

The ones I really don't understand are the "every race is fixed" but
they handicap the next race for who they think is the best horse???
Why do they bother its all fixed??

proximity
07-20-2017, 12:31 AM

I never rooted for a horse to die or injure itself but when another horse accosts mine I am frequently guilty of rooting for him to go "back to the barn (#)."

in my prime I developed a vicious finger snap where my arm and hand would shake violently after the snap. I did this to honor the finger snappers.

in this poll I did vote for "one time." I always found this to be very unbecoming of supposedly mature horseplayers collecting social security.

appistappis
07-20-2017, 03:16 AM
a lot of the guys I play with get quite irritated with the people around them...as a craps dealer I know people are always looking to blame their losses on somebody or something that happens around them.

I guess I'm insulated from this because nothing anybody does bothers me.

TheGarMan
07-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Great thread!

Not yet mentioned (and it's more between races, not during) is the "Hey, can you place a bet for me?" guy...

As the "responsible" one in our older peer group I seem to be the only one with a Twinspires account. I constantly get asked to make bets for people both at the track (if the lines are long) or at home while we watch TVG. ("Wait , you can bet FROM YOUR PHONE?" :eek:)

* I gotta run to the car, can you place a bet for me?
* I'm stuck at work, can you place a bet for me?
* I'm out of money, can you place a bet for me?
* I have a hunch on today's race, and can't get to OTB , can you place a bet for me?
* Oh, its derby day, and this one horse has my Aunts name, can you place a bet for me?

Understandably the 20 somethings of the group all have and responsibly manage their own ADW accounts...

Further, I score a sliding scale of allowable celebration on calling home winners.

You should urge home a 2/1 favorite at Penn National with a simple smile....

However, if you are on a 18/1 that is in lockstep with the chalk coming to the wire, feel free to slap on that DRF all you want! :D

Inner Dirt
07-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Pounding the bar or table with your fist.

timtam
07-20-2017, 11:51 AM
I only bet at OTB so I literally have seen or heard all of these comments.

One guy who called for 20 combinations during a race got the nickname

" Call em all". Still comes in and us old timers only know him by that name.

Another guy at the top of the backstretch will yell TAKE THE PICTURE NOW.

Pisses everybody off. One guy will literally stand under the overhanging

tvs and yell Where's the wire or pick up your feet for the entire 1.55 of a

a sulky race in a high pitched voice. It kinda makes me laugh while I'm

writing this but it sure is aggrevating while the race is going on.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-20-2017, 01:48 PM
I love the guys who scream at the top of their lungs while watching a race and rooting for their horses and then when their horse(s) are out of the race they yell for your horse to get beat. Ha ha though I am not a yeller, I have seen this number take place a bunch of times through out the years. hey, if they aren't going to win the race they don't want you to win either. LOL

mountainman
07-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Commenting during the race on how things are unfolding. As if I care what someone else's take is on what we are watching.

And don't talk to me during the race, or launch into a story as they are loading. If you're watching a horserace with me, unload your fidgety, self-doubting nervousness in some other manner.

AltonKelsey
07-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Commenting during the race on how things are unfolding. As if I care what someone else's take is on what we are watching.

And don't talk to me during the race, or launch into a story as they are loading. If you're watching a horserace with me, unload your fidgety, self-doubting nervousness in some other manner.

Yeah, like post on PA!

jay68802
07-20-2017, 04:10 PM
We have a older gentleman at our track who love's to yell loudly for his best bet of the day, usually it will be 1-9 and he has wagered a whole $1.00 on this horse. And then cusses loudly if it does not win.

mountainman
07-20-2017, 04:28 PM
We have a older gentleman at our track who love's to yell loudly for his best bet of the day, usually it will be 1-9 and he has wagered a whole $1.00 on this horse. And then cusses loudly if it does not win.

There was some guy at mnr who specialized in big win bets on 1/5 locks. A rude, dismissive moron who would dash around the grandstand after a winner screaming "I'm so happy for me... SOOOO happy for me,,so happy for ME."

He owned a bakery and , believe it or not (you can't make this stuff up), ended up falling into a huge oven and getting crisped.

When I heard about it, I was happy for me.

TheGarMan
07-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Commenting during the race on how things are unfolding.

Yea, sorry...Guilty as charged.

I have found ,myself doing this, but only to explain to a noob I have with me what the "pace" setup is...

If we are on a closer, and they run the first 1/4 in 21 , I will (quickly) explain why this might be good for us, even though we are running dead last... :)

Point taken though...

I'll try to be a reformed offender :D

Tom
07-20-2017, 08:59 PM
I don't mind a guy whipping his hip with his program, but I hate it he whips MINE~!

I hate it when my jock is drinking a coffee during the race.

castaway01
07-20-2017, 11:06 PM
All of this makes me want to go back to Parx and experience all of this again....okay, i'm over it, I'm fine.

Dave Schwartz
07-21-2017, 01:39 AM
There was some guy at mnr who specialized in big win bets on 1/5 locks. A rude, dismissive moron who would dash around the grandstand after a winner screaming "I'm so happy for me... SOOOO happy for me,,so happy for ME."

He owned a bakery and , believe it or not (you can't make this stuff up), ended up falling into a huge oven and getting crisped.

:lol::lol:

Dave Schwartz
07-21-2017, 01:47 AM
Okay- Story from long ago.

I am at Santa Anita, standing under the TV just biding my time before the next race. Two or three others are standing with me when they begin to show the replay.

Up comes this big loudmouth guy, who we can only assume has been in the bathroom. They're down the backstretch and this guy is excited about his horse at a huge price. Very excited.

The horse is on big open lengths and he is really beginning to jump up and down.

We're just watching, and trying not to laugh because we know the horse fades in the stretch.

Suddenly he realizes that it's a replay, looks at us and says, "He lost didn't he?" We nod. He walks away and we spend 10 minutes laughing at him.

I guess he found another TV hangout because we never saw him again.

cj
07-21-2017, 02:18 AM

Man, that is pretty harsh. Nobody could annoy me such that an incident like that would make me happy, and I'm guessing it didn't you either.

Nutz and Boltz
07-21-2017, 07:16 AM
I'm curious as to what each of you guys yells during the race?

Andy Asaro
07-21-2017, 07:30 AM

2nd race yesterday at Del Mar. Apprentice Laura Werner (who I like) had the lead and had a shot to win. Had the lead and should have gone LEFT HANDED to come out a little. I was yelling "go left handed" over and over. What does she do? She goes right handed. I even yelled it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/888150628483997701

Longshot6977
07-21-2017, 07:36 AM

I yell nothing at all and remain calm (and professional?) unless my horse is a longshot over 10-1. Then I just say loudly "C'mon with this 7 horse" or whatever number it is.

Robert Fischer
07-21-2017, 11:21 AM
voted yelling cussing , but this is the Track

The yelling and cussing can be good or bad.

sharp, witty, infrequent = :ThmbUp:

pathetic, abusive, constant = :ThmbDown:

some of the other types, and stories in this thread are great.

Jockey Instructions? say it ain't so Andy
2nd race yesterday at Del Mar. Apprentice Laura Werner (who I like) had the lead and had a shot to win. Had the lead and should have gone LEFT HANDED to come out a little. I was yelling "go left handed" over and over. What does she do? She goes right handed. I even yelled it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/888150628483997701

FlintAtTheFetlock
07-21-2017, 04:57 PM
I also hate sore losers who pound the table. I know one guy who pounds the table a yells the "C" word. Good God. Get your life under control will you..

I've been known to say the following and people seem to laugh, but I'm sure exceptions.

"Come on Javier get this filthy pig :6: home"

CincyHorseplayer
07-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Most of the time I'm pretty calm with a wistful look in the eye when I have a winner! Like Andy I will blurt out something for the jock to do or tell the horse "You got plenty in the tank". But I'm not immune from some extended "Gog, go go go" or "C'mon baby" or "Got this MF'er"! After all this is the best possible winning event in the entire world=a stretch run. If you can't get your Irish up for watching you and your horse win I almost hate you as much as some of these repetitive jerks screaming break a leg!

djm1959
07-21-2017, 07:07 PM
haha this is one of my favorite posts ever...i did crap like that when i was teenager or early 20s,, usually wasted at the track,, now im older and i figure ill lose when i bet,, i win i smile thats about it,ive seen all these things at the track or simulcast even last week at pocono downs ....i laugh at least when a 1-5 loses and some guy starts crying,,i only bet longshots so even if i hit 1 out of 15 i am usually even or ahead,if i like the favorite i watch the race there is : like 200 on a saturday to bet these days with a phone app or two

thaskalos
07-21-2017, 07:29 PM
I may say something during the race when I am at a track or an OTB...but I find it ridiculous to talk to myself when I am alone and betting from home. And now that I've gotten used to betting quietly from home...I doubt that I will ever make a sound during a race at the OTB.

CincyHorseplayer
07-21-2017, 09:49 PM
I may say something during the race when I am at a track or an OTB...but I find it ridiculous to talk to myself when I am alone and betting from home. And now that I've gotten used to betting quietly from home...I doubt that I will ever make a sound during a race at the OTB.

One difference between me at home or at the track is a baseball! At home I always have a baseball in hand when I watch a race. That thing is comin with me next Saturday!

mountainman
07-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Man, that is pretty harsh. Nobody could annoy me such that an incident like that would make me happy, and I'm guessing it didn't you either.

Dude. Lighten up. Really. And don't overestimate my sense of compassion.

Or assume my post told the complete story.

thespaah
07-21-2017, 11:12 PM
I used to be a program slapper. Since I joined this board, I don;t dare do that anymore. I'm afraid one of you guys might see me....LOL\
Now that I look at the comments on this, I get it. It is kind of douchy.
My number one action that I find most irritating,........"STOP THE RACE!!!!!!"
Next..Guy screaming numbers, ...When they hit the wire , digs into his pocket to pull out tickets, fumbling through them to see if he actually hit any of his bets.
Next....The excuse maker who has to tell anyone within earshot why he "really liked the winner" , but threw out that horse.
Last one....Guy in a group of friends that yells YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Cuz he hit the race meanwhile his buddies all have glum faces...IMO this is rubbing it in,,
I stand down from the soap box

thespaah
07-21-2017, 11:16 PM
There is always a guy at the track I call the jinx rooter. If he starts yelling for a horse and it is the same horse you bet on, you can tear up your tickets before they cross the finish line.

you mean THIS guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLSyFzk-6g

JustRalph
07-21-2017, 11:25 PM

Now that was funny! :lol:

thespaah
07-21-2017, 11:30 PM

Nothing.. I just watch and no matter the outcome, I don't really have a reaction,
I pissed off my buddies by doing this.,..I made a nice catch. Made a "tidy"profit.
Told those guys, "Ill be right back"...
One of them saw the grin and asked If I hit it....I just kind of smiled and said "yep" ......They were like "you're an a- hole...How could anyone hit a bet like that and act like nothing happened?".....
I didn't have an answer to that

JustRalph
07-21-2017, 11:53 PM
Several years ago CJ's Dad and I attended a day at Belmont.

There were several PA types and we sat with them and some other guys who came up from Baltimore. There are pictures here somewhere.

There was a guy in the group who kept telling everyone how much he hated people who scream during the race. After about 3 races he told us he was going crazy that people around us were driving him crazy.

So CJ's dad and I hit the head between races. He comes up with a plan. He talks me into screaming for our horses every race. We start taking turns during the race. Doing basically everything listed in this thread. The guy who was complaining is going nuts. He is getting so pissed. CJ's Dad is laughing so hard he's about to piss himself. After doing this about four races I bet this big frontrunner and it's playing to speed like crazy. It's my turn to be the idiot. The gate opens and 12 steps out of the gate he's up by 10L and I scream "it's over, I got him and he's 9-1" or something like that. I'm old....I don't remember exactly. But the guy in our group stands up, screams "Jesus Christ!" And storms up the grandstand and walks into the crowd. He didn't come back until the day was over and never said another word to us......... he even stopped posting on this forum.

We laughed for days about it........so you guys who were there....you probably thought we were idiots. Maybe we were.....:lol:

CincyHorseplayer
07-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Several years ago CJ's Dad and I attended a day at Belmont.

There were several PA types and we sat with them and some other guys who came up from Baltimore. There are pictures here somewhere.

There was a guy in the group who kept telling everyone how much he hated people who scream during the race. After about 3 races he told us he was going crazy that people around us were driving him crazy.

So CJ's dad and I hit the head between races. He comes up with a plan. He talks me into screaming for our horses every race. We start taking turns during the race. Doing basically everything listed in this thread. The guy who was complaining is going nuts. He is getting so pissed. CJ's Dad is laughing so hard he's about to piss himself. After doing this about four races I bet this big frontrunner and it's playing to speed like crazy. It's my turn to be the idiot. The gate opens and 12 steps out of the gate he's up by 10L and I scream "it's over, I got him and he's 9-1" or something like that. I'm old....I don't remember exactly. But the guy in our group stands up, screams "Jesus Christ!" And storms up the grandstand and walks into the crowd. He didn't come back until the day was over and never said another word to us......... he even stopped posting on this forum.

We laughed for days about it........so you guys who were there....you probably thought we were idiots. Maybe we were.....:lol:

That is great dude! So funny! I wish I would have been there for that spectacle!:D

MonmouthParkJoe
07-22-2017, 07:18 AM
I also hate sore losers who pound the table. I know one guy who pounds the table a yells the "C" word. Good God. Get your life under control will you..

I've been known to say the following and people seem to laugh, but I'm sure exceptions.

"Come on Javier get this filthy pig :6: home"

I do this alot. I am try to keep it G rated if there are kids around. It seems that as I am getting older the f bomb becomes part of my daily vocabulary. I blame it on growing up in NJ.

sour grapes
07-22-2017, 07:21 AM
what about all the pro horseplayers on this site always complaining about bad rides?How do they overcome that and the take is beyond explanation.

Andy Asaro
07-22-2017, 07:26 AM
what about all the pro horseplayers on this site always complaining about bad rides?How do they overcome that and the take is beyond explanation.

I'm guilty of the bad ride stuff every day. In some other countries they pull jockeys into the stewards room for strange rides that are contrary to the horses best running style. I'd like to see some of that.

timtam
07-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Heres one more annoyance at the OTB is when the guys call the jockeys

KID. Come on keep em straight kid , Change leads Kid, Move to the outside

Kid. Imagine calling Tony Black or Calvin Borel Kid ? Who do they think they are

Babe Ruth he called everybody Kid but he was Babe Ruth.

Inner Dirt
07-22-2017, 11:22 AM

I am the exact opposite, quiet and still at the track and OTB and jumping all over the place and yelling if I am home alone. Fortunately the nearest neighbors are over 1/4 mile away.

mountainman
07-22-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm guilty of the bad ride stuff every day. In some other countries they pull jockeys into the stewards room for strange rides that are contrary to the horses best running style. I'd like to see some of that.

A big weakness of mine as a commentator is showing contempt when my pick gets a bad ride. I try to be objective and DO draw atn to lousy rides on other horses, but jocks who perform poorly on MY selections almost never escape critique.

And that's just wrong.

jahura2
07-22-2017, 01:40 PM

Been going to the track for close to 50 yrs. A lot of people I know are aware of this and some want to accompany me on a day to Keeneland , Churchill or Turfway. I attend with a random mix of seasoned players and newbies. I usually play Pik 3,s 4.s and exactas. I never have any problem telling people who I like and what other horses interest me. To make a long story short what I hate is when I hit a nice ticket maybe on 30 or 40.00 worth of combinations and my accomplices complain to me "why didnt you tell me I could have hit it too." Well I am not going to detail each and every exact combination I play, I will share my selections but the rest is up to you to make a winning bet. Of course on the flip side when I am wrong about a race, of course I am the one to get blamed for a buddy losing money.

maliksealy210
07-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Further, I score a sliding scale of allowable celebration on calling home winners.

You should urge home a 2/1 favorite at Penn National with a simple smile....

However, if you are on a 18/1 that is in lockstep with the chalk coming to the wire, feel free to slap on that DRF all you want! :D

At Living Rooms Downs we have a rule - I can only yell a horse home if we stand to make $150 or more on the outcome... So in this case a 2/1 favorite at the end of a horizontal wager is ok - but essentially I can only do it when I call home a live longshot.

HalvOnHorseracing
07-22-2017, 09:02 PM
you mean THIS guy?

Did you notice the jinx had what looked like the orange sheet - Clocker Lawton - in his pocket?

Afleet
07-22-2017, 10:12 PM
"Come on 1-6...come on 1-6"...the moron screams as the horses near the wire. The race ends up 3-4...and he turns to his friend and says..."I still got it, but not for as much as I had the 1-6".

You have never been live to multiple horses in the pick 3,4,6 and rooted for the higher payer and a lower payer one?

thaskalos
07-23-2017, 09:30 PM
You have never been live to multiple horses in the pick 3,4,6 and rooted for the higher payer and a lower payer one?

He calls out exacta combinations...not pick-3 picks.

Gamblor
09-16-2017, 04:05 AM
Smooching???

Andy Asaro
02-25-2018, 10:59 AM
https://twitter.com/ToddTVG/status/951708535921889280

jay68802
02-25-2018, 11:44 AM
A big weakness of mine as a commentator is showing contempt when my pick gets a bad ride. I try to be objective and DO draw atn to lousy rides on other horses, but jocks who perform poorly on MY selections almost never escape critique.

And that's just wrong.

No, keep up the critique. Nothing wrong with calling what you consider a spade a spade. Part of the reason I will listen to you. A speed horse that is "rated", call them out. Going 6 wide when it was not needed, call them on it. I know during a race it is hard for the jock to see what the tv shows, but if they can't take being called on something, then get a job that is not in the public eye.

ultracapper
02-25-2018, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/ToddTVG/status/951708535921889280

Haven't we seen this in this forum somewhere before? Did Schrupp get it from someone that we've already heard from here? Did he get it sent to him and then just tweeted it under his name, like he found it himself? Seems I've seen this one before months ago, and it must have been here.

ultracapper
02-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Been going to the track for close to 50 yrs. A lot of people I know are aware of this and some want to accompany me on a day to Keeneland , Churchill or Turfway. I attend with a random mix of seasoned players and newbies. I usually play Pik 3,s 4.s and exactas. I never have any problem telling people who I like and what other horses interest me. To make a long story short what I hate is when I hit a nice ticket maybe on 30 or 40.00 worth of combinations and my accomplices complain to me "why didnt you tell me I could have hit it too." Well I am not going to detail each and every exact combination I play, I will share my selections but the rest is up to you to make a winning bet. Of course on the flip side when I am wrong about a race, of course I am the one to get blamed for a buddy losing money.

Friends and family are always asking me, "Do you like anything today?"

In this situation, you are truly only as good as your last tout.

Maumeeriverangler
02-25-2018, 12:41 PM
That is a funny video. Thanks.

tbwinner
02-25-2018, 09:30 PM
I am guilty of a lot of these.

Except smoochers and "Die, Xxxx" "Fall off Xxxx"

My favorite was when hanging out at Hawthorne and hearing my favorite degens saying things like
"Comon with that two tree seven eight. I got the two tree seven eight straight"

Run Nicholas Run
02-27-2018, 11:43 PM
Boy it is amazing we go to different tracks but the stupid comments/people
are the same!!!

I used to be really bothered by the "break a leg" or insulting
the jockeys stuff when I was a kid.

I went home almost in tears if one of my local favorite horses
had a fatal breakdown.

As I got older I really came to understand that in order to win it takes
morons to bet into the pools. This took my anger out of it though I still
don't like it.

The ones I really don't understand are the "every race is fixed" but
they handicap the next race for who they think is the best horse???
Why do they bother its all fixed??

[QUOTE=Broad Brush;2197163]Boy it is amazing we go to different tracks but the stupid comments/people
are the same!!! race players are trash and low lifes, best decision I made
was getting out of the book side of the casino and into a corporate cubicle and not dealing with scum .

DGroundhog
02-28-2018, 10:23 PM
race players are trash and low lifes, best decision I made was getting out of the book side of the casino and into a corporate cubicle and not dealing with scum .

:pound:

SandyW
03-01-2018, 01:05 AM
The behavior of being so cock-sure you're riding a wiretowire winner that you have to keep looking back, over and over to show up the other riders......Biggest offender is Paco Lopez..:ThmbDown:

Paco Lopez, one of the very best there is. He can ride for me anytime, any horse.

LemonSoupKid
03-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Yes, this is great thread.

I'm pretty quiet until the final turn, saying only a few things about pace or my horse's position early, to those I know just right next to me.

My yelling in a big race will be the jockey usually, part of the horse's name, or the number, unless I have a big exotic, then some number calling may ensue, but only top 2

Let's be honest, you have to yell at least a little, that's what's so fun --- for everyone.