PDA

View Full Version : Hushion retiring

pandy
07-15-2017, 08:04 AM
https://www.nyra.com/belmont/news/retiring-trainer-hushions-final-starters-entered-on-closing-day

Mike Hushion had an outstanding career, he was a consistent winner on the toughest circuit in racing.

Dahoss9698
07-16-2017, 04:44 PM
Seems very fitting Hushion's last race was won by a first time Maker move up. Racing in 2017:lol:

carterista
07-16-2017, 08:17 PM
I was introduced to racing in early 1990s. Hushion's name only came up with respect to NY breds, which was nothing short of a cesspool then. I can't imagine any honest trainer surviving in that racket for too long.

Owning a NY bred was a scam as horses would typically race a lifetime in Mdn and ALWn1X conditions earning a paycheck which was supplemented by state tax dollars.

Dahoss9698
07-16-2017, 09:16 PM
I was introduced to racing in early 1990s. Hushion's name only came up with respect to NY breds, which was nothing short of a cesspool then. I can't imagine any honest trainer surviving in that racket for too long.

Owning a NY bred was a scam as horses would typically race a lifetime in Mdn and ALWn1X conditions earning a paycheck which was supplemented by state tax dollars.

This is a horrible take FWIW. You're 8 for 8 in that regard.