PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Sandoval DFA

jimmyb
07-14-2017, 10:45 AM
One of the worst and most expensive pickups in Red Sox history.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red-sox-designate-pablo-sandoval-for-assignment-effectively-cutting-ties-with-him/

olddaddy
07-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Salt n Peppering about 50MM, quite a meal.

barahona44
07-14-2017, 12:18 PM
One of the worst and most expensive pickups in Red Sox history.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red-sox-designate-pablo-sandoval-for-assignment-effectively-cutting-ties-with-him/

ONE of them? :D

jimmyb
07-14-2017, 12:40 PM

:rip:Babe Ruth to the Yankess for $125,000.oo would be number one. :bang:Sparkey Lyle for Danny Cater would be right up there with Sandoval, probably worse as Lyle went to the Yankees.:puke:Sandoval would be the most expensive. Maybe the 'Sox can get the Yankees to pick him up.

barahona44
07-14-2017, 01:08 PM
If I were the Red Sox I would trade Sandoval to a non contending team for a bag of chips and pay 90 % of his salary(the other team would be on the hook for about 1.7 million per year the next 2 and a half years, which is what the average veteran benchwarmer probably earns).My fear is that Sandoval, while still getting the 50 mill from Boston will sign with another team for the vets minimum and then come back and haunt them in the post season.

You know how rational and optimistic us Red Sox fans are. :D :liar:

thaskalos
07-15-2017, 01:03 PM

Didn't the Cubs give $184M to Jason Heyward?

kingfin66
07-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Isn't that something? And to think that the Cubs payed him that much coming off a very sub par season with St. Louis. There could be an entire thread devoted to the worst free-agent signings and trades in sports history.

reckless
07-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Isn't that something? And to think that the Cubs payed him that much coming off a very sub par season with St. Louis. There could be an entire thread devoted to the worst free-agent signings and trades in sports history.

Yes we can do an thread on this subject matter, king. It could be fun.

But, to a long suffering Mets fan, the absolute worst trade in the history of the free world was when the Mets traded Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. For god's sake!

No other trade comes close, IMHO, but I do confess to having a biased view.

kingfin66
07-16-2017, 12:03 AM

But, to a long suffering Mets fan, the absolute worst trade in the history of the free world was when the Mets traded Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. For god's sake!

Ouch, that is a bad one. Another one that must be painful for the Phillies was the Ryne Sandberg for Von Hayes deal.

olddaddy
07-16-2017, 12:54 AM

Yes that deal didnt turn out well but at the time Ryan was the mets 4th starter behind Seaver, Koosman and Gentry.

rastajenk
07-16-2017, 07:09 AM
Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas....:pout:

barahona44
07-16-2017, 06:05 PM
The Cubs (funny how they keep coming up) trading Lou Brock for Ernie Brogolio.

Valuist
08-07-2017, 03:41 PM
:rip:Babe Ruth to the Yankess for $125,000.oo would be number one. :bang:Sparkey Lyle for Danny Cater would be right up there with Sandoval, probably worse as Lyle went to the Yankees.:puke:Sandoval would be the most expensive. Maybe the 'Sox can get the Yankees to pick him up.

Don't forget the Carl Crawford signing.

CincyHorseplayer
08-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Didn't the Cubs give $184M to Jason Heyward?

All the extreme sabre slaves were loving and verbally grandstanding over this deal!

thaskalos
08-07-2017, 04:28 PM
All the extreme sabre slaves were loving and verbally grandstanding over this deal!

What are the sabre slaves saying NOW?

Valuist
08-07-2017, 04:47 PM
If you look at Theo's resume with Boston and the Cubs, his strength has been his drafting of position players. The free agent signings have had a few misfires; some at big money.