PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter

woodtoo
07-14-2017, 08:31 AM
He was building stairs on his Habitant house 1/4 mile from my home.
It was a hot day and he checked out our great healthcare system after becoming dehydrated. Get well Jimmy!
And next time stick to walls!!:D
I'm off to work, see y'all.

barn32
07-14-2017, 10:39 AM
He was building stairs on his Habitant house 1/4 mile from my home.
It was a hot day and he checked out our great healthcare system after becoming dehydrated. Get well Jimmy!
And next time stick to walls!!:D
I'm off to work, see y'all.I wish a healthy recovery to the greatest President who ever lived.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-14-2017, 11:34 AM
I wish a healthy recovery to the greatest President who ever lived.

Especially the way he left our people in Iran to rot and the 21% interest rates and odd-even days for buying gasoline through that make believe gasoline shortage.

He thanks Obama every day for passing him as the worst President ever and leaving him in the dust for that distinction. Say "thank you, Barack," Mr. Peanut.

Besides that, good to see him out of the hospital. He's done some great work with Habitat For Humanity.

barahona44
07-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Especially the way he left our people in Iran to rot and the 21% interest rates and odd-even days for buying gasoline through that make believe gasoline shortage.

He thanks Obama every day for passing him as the worst President ever and leaving him in the dust for that distinction. Say "thank you, Barack," Mr. Peanut.

Besides that, good to see him out of the hospital. He's done some great work with Habitat For Humanity.

Odd/even gasoline was first introduced in the Nixon administration during the 1973 oil crisis (along with year round daylight savings time for 2 years).And as I recall those long lines became a lot shorter after it was introduced.I think it was more psychological than anything.People see a long line and they panic feeling they need to get gas before the station runs out which makes the lines even longer.By definition, those lines were cut in half and people didn't have to wake up an hour or two early to buy gasoline.

In the long term, those two crises were beneficial as they ended up making us more aware of our need for energy exploration and looking for alternative energy sources.It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also to your continued recovery in your health Mr. Carter. :ThmbUp:

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Odd/even gasoline was first introduced in the Nixon administration during the 1973 oil crisis (along with year round daylight savings time for 2 years).And as I recall those long lines became a lot shorter after it was introduced.I think it was more psychological than anything.People see a long line and they panic feeling they need to get gas before the station runs out which makes the lines even longer.By definition, those lines were cut in half and people didn't have to wake up an hour or two early to buy gasoline.

In the long term, those two crises were beneficial as they ended up making us more aware of our need for energy exploration and looking for alternative energy sources.It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also to your continued recovery in your health Mr. Carter. :ThmbUp:

You are correct about the long lines to the gas station starting during the Nixon administration. But they returned during the Carter administration.

I remember on my annual winter drive to Florida, I was playing it close to the vest. I left my New York residence at night with two small children in the car. I was trying to time it so that I needed gas after midnight so that the odd/even would click over in my favor. I was out of fuel and gassed up in Washington about 12:05. Never in doubt.:headbanger:

But let's be real about JC. There was a reason that he suffered one of the worst defeats by any sitting President in history -- to a man that many considered an off the charts lunatic. The Republicans could have won with Daffy Duck that year. Of course since then, Ronald Reagan became considered by most as the best President in the 20th century. Reagan's popularity started from day one when the Iranians freed the hostages.

barn32
07-14-2017, 03:55 PM
You are correct about the long lines to the gas station starting during the Nixon administration. But they returned during the Carter administration.

I remember on my annual winter drive to Florida, I was playing it close to the vest. I left my New York residence at night with two small children in the car. I was trying to time it so that I needed gas after midnight so that the odd/even would click over in my favor. I was out of fuel and gassed up in Washington about 12:05. Never in doubt.:headbanger:

But let's be real about JC. There was a reason that he suffered one of the worst defeats by any sitting President in history -- to a man that many considered an off the charts lunatic. The Republicans could have won with Daffy Duck that year. Of course since then, Ronald Reagan became considered by most as the best President in the 20th century. Reagan's popularity started from day one when the Iranians freed the hostages. I wish I had the link but I read that the Iranians were ready to free the hostages 30 days before President Reagan took office. The Reagan people negotiated fiercely to try to get them to wait until after the inauguration.

ElKabong
07-15-2017, 01:24 AM
I wish I had the link but I read that the Iranians were ready to free the hostages 30 days before President Reagan took office. The Reagan people negotiated fiercely to try to get them to wait until after the inauguration.

Attempting to revise history is for losers. Carry on....

woodbinepmi
07-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Attempting to revise history is for losers. Carry on....

Hear, Hear!

Lemon Drop Husker
07-15-2017, 01:36 AM
I wish I had the link but I read that the Iranians were ready to free the hostages 30 days before President Reagan took office. The Reagan people negotiated fiercely to try to get them to wait until after the inauguration.

JFC. You can't be that Blue to even come close to believing that bullshit.

Jimmy did great work to get those hostages free, but to even try to say Reagan would risk lives at the expense of an election is...., very Hillary of you.

barn32
07-15-2017, 06:06 AM
JFC. You can't be that Blue to even come close to believing that bullshit.

Jimmy did great work to get those hostages free, but to even try to say Reagan would risk lives at the expense of an election is...., very Hillary of you.I just read something about that recently. Couldn't find the article. Never heard it before. Don't really believe it. Here is an old article about it (http://http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/15/world/new-reports-say-1980-reagan-campaign-tried-to-delay-hostage-release.html).

I do believe these two articles, however.

Rubio Cruz on Hostage Release (http://http://www.factcheck.org/2016/01/rubio-cruz-on-reagan-and-hostages/)

One More (http://http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jan/17/marco-rubio/rubio-wrongly-credits-reagan-1981-release-hostages/)

Nutz and Boltz
07-15-2017, 07:47 AM
A simple thread ,wishing an ex-president well, turns nasty. What else is new.:faint:

Inner Dirt
07-15-2017, 09:26 AM
A simple thread ,wishing an ex-president well, turns nasty. What else is new.:faint:

Most Republicans in the average age of a Pace Advantage member consider him the worst president in their lifetime until the great divider, and knowing that Barn 32 calls him the greatest president that ever lived. What do you expect? In my view Carter's most pathetic stunt was boycotting the Olympics, total spineless act.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-15-2017, 09:33 AM

The link is in the DNC Fake News chest. Oh, brother.

woodtoo
07-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Jimmy and Rosalynn were back at the job site posing for photos with new home owners and wishing the best to all involved. The site was recently a Police station, cant say I'm not glad to see it move.:lol:
I was stumped when they laid out a wooden floor plan in each front yard.

What they do is build the roof on the ground, shingles and all and then a crane lifts all the roofs into place in one afternoon. If someone falls off the roof its only a 4 foot tumble. Ingenious.:lol:

Greyfox
07-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Okay, already/ Jimmy Carter was a weak President.
But he is a good man.
His HABITAT for HUMANITY work has numerous people from all over the United States who follow him to the housing projects he participates in for the poor.
Jimmy Carter really is an amazing person for his age considering the medical struggles he's had for a couple or more years.
Let's give credit where credit is due, and it is due for what he has been doing.

RichieP
07-15-2017, 01:09 PM
But he is a good man.
His HABITAT for HUMANITY work has numerous people from all over the United States who follow him to the housing projects he participates in for the poor.
Jimmy Carter really is an amazing person for his age considering the medical struggles he's had for a couple or more years.
Let's give credit where credit is due, and it is due for what he has been doing.

:ThmbUp:

kingfin66
07-15-2017, 01:15 PM
But he is a good man.

Yep, and as far as I am concerned there is no living former president that can drive a nail straighter and truer than James Earl Carter.

davew
07-15-2017, 03:39 PM
But he is a good man.

I agree, he is definitely one of the better presidents after his term was over.

reckless
07-15-2017, 06:46 PM
But he is a good man.

My very first vote was for Reagan in 1980. Simply put, Carter was a disaster as president.

Bad economy, plus stupid weak foreign policy did Carter in, just like another weak and failed Democrat--Barry Obama.

But I never hated Carter because President Carter did walk the walk once he left politics and did more good, real good, after his tenure than just about any President.

Carter will always have my respect and the respect of millions of Americans. I sincerely wish him well and good health.

MikeH
07-15-2017, 11:35 PM
Okay, already/ Jimmy Carter was a weak President. But he is a good man. His HABITAT for HUMANITY work has numerous people from all over the United States who follow him to the housing projects he participates in for the poor.

Agree 100%. His work since leaving office is amazing.

Tom
07-16-2017, 11:06 AM
Life since he left office has been amazing.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-16-2017, 11:16 AM
But he is a good man.

Your post is significant because it points out the weakness with threads on a message board.

When someone makes multiple points on an issue, others usually will focus on the single point they love or hate and take off with it. This leads to what we call -- thread hijacking.

Tom
07-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Isn't that how conversations evolve in the real world?

fast4522
07-16-2017, 07:44 PM
My very first vote was for Reagan in 1980. Simply put, Carter was a disaster as president.

Bad economy, plus stupid weak foreign policy did Carter in, just like another weak and failed Democrat--Barry Obama.

But I never hated Carter because President Carter did walk the walk once he left politics and did more good, real good, after his tenure than just about any President.

Carter will always have my respect and the respect of millions of Americans. I sincerely wish him well and good health.

Or better put, the only thing while in office accomplished was beat Ted Kennedy.

MikeH
07-16-2017, 08:02 PM

+1

reckless
07-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Or better put, the only thing while in office accomplished was beat Ted Kennedy.

Good point. Ted thought all he needed to do was show up, and the Kennedy charm and money would get him past Carter.