PDA

View Full Version : system

theBozyn
07-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Got a mailing today for something called "The Dark Horse System". Has anyone ever heard of it?

thaskalos
07-13-2017, 04:10 PM
The word is that the Phillips Racing Newsletter rated this system as a "solid 8"...which, of course, means that the system is VERY PROFITABLE. :ThmbUp:

acorn54
07-13-2017, 04:19 PM
The word is that the Phillips Racing Newsletter rated this system as a "solid 8"...which, of course, means that the system is VERY PROFITABLE. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos shame on you he/she may take you seriously

Pensacola Pete
07-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Don't waste your money.

thaskalos
07-13-2017, 04:37 PM
thaskalos shame on you he/she may take you seriously

You are right...I owe the original poster an apology. And I will try to make amends by offering him/her a bit of honest, painfully-gathered advice:

Ignore ALL the mailings that you receive which deal with the sale of horse racing "systems and methods". Without exception...these are nothing but packs of LIES...meant to enrich only the person who sends them out to begin with. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

HalvOnHorseracing
07-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Apparently there are ways to make money in horseracing.

thaskalos
07-13-2017, 08:13 PM
Apparently there are ways to make money in horseracing.

Sure. And you don't even have to bet.

barn32
07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
You are right...I owe the original poster an apology. And I will try to make amends by offering him/her a bit of honest, painfully-gathered advice:

Ignore ALL the mailings that you receive which deal with the sale of horse racing "systems and methods". Without exception...these are nothing but packs of LIES...meant to enrich only the person who sends them out to begin with. NO EXCEPTIONS!!Waaaayyyyyy back in the day I sent away for three of those systems.

The first one was called SuperHorse and it didn't work, but they refunded my $100.

The second one, I can't remember the name, but it was a DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! You had to have verification that you bet, or at least kept records of the bets, which I don't believe they thought anybody would do, but I did, and sure enough they sent me back $60!

The third one was also a money back guarantee called, "The Backward Z."

I was going to Vegas at the time and I tried it out and it actually worked. I think I made four or five hundred betting it, so I didn't ask for a refund.

When I got home I followed it some more on paper and of course it lost.

But I used to get a mailbox full of those systems. They were sooooo enticing!

acorn54
07-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Waaaayyyyyy back in the day I sent away for three of those systems.

The first one was called SuperHorse and it didn't work, but they refunded my $100.

The second one, I can't remember the name, but it was a DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! You had to have verification that you bet, or at least kept records of the bets, which I don't believe they thought anybody would do, but I did, and sure enough they sent me back $60!

The third one was also a money back guarantee called, "The Backward Z."

I was going to Vegas at the time and I tried it out and it actually worked. I think I made four or five hundred betting it, so I didn't ask for a refund.

When I got home I followed it some more on paper and of course it lost.

But I used to get a mailbox full of those systems. They were sooooo enticing!

handicapping systems are what pipe dreams are made of.

whodoyoulike
07-13-2017, 10:57 PM

Ignore ALL the mailings that you receive which deal with the sale of horse racing "systems and methods". Without exception...these are nothing but packs of LIES...meant to enrich only the person who sends them out to begin with. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Years ago I was solicited by Kelso Sturgeon. Uncertain how I got on his mailing list. I think he was offering horses and sports betting. I remember one was a post card return method and wanted me to write my credit card # and return.

thaskalos
07-13-2017, 11:25 PM
Years ago I was solicited by Kelso Sturgeon. Uncertain how I got on his mailing list. I think he was offering horses and sports betting. I remember one was a post card return method and wanted me to write my credit card # and return.

How could you resist the "Dean of Las Vegas Handicappers"?

https://kelsosportshandicapping.com/services/c/5/Horse-Racing-Best-Bets.html

HalvOnHorseracing
07-13-2017, 11:26 PM

Kelso Surgeon. I used to get his solicitations all the time. Apparently he's still running a handicapping business.

oughtoh
07-13-2017, 11:36 PM
He use to be on Roger Steins radio show years ago, I think when he first started.

whodoyoulike
07-13-2017, 11:50 PM
Oh, I knew who he was. I found the post card and write your credit card # thing unbelievable which is the reason I still remember it.

Tom
07-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Some girls called me on the phone once and told Mike Warren was in the other room if I wanted to talk him about winning at the track.

I told her thank you for verifying he got his picks in the bathroom.

Gamblor
07-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Everything is a system, when you really look at it. Even those doing form analysis are essentially using a system, just the rules aren't clearly defined.

NorCalGreg
07-16-2017, 08:59 PM
PRN hasnt missed a monthly issue since the 70's--or maybe early 80's. Someone, besides myself must enjoy it.

In an effort to bring some prestige to PRN..the latest issue contains a review of none other than Pace View's EXOTIC BETS! software program (it received an excellent 8.5 rating).

I've never paid them a dime other than subscription fees. (probably why I only got an 8.5:D)

The methods are fun to fool around with--and quite often you'll see something in a method (either PRN's own--or methods readers have sent in) that never occurred to you before.

https://www.phillipsracingnewsletter.com

Actor
07-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Apparently there are ways to make money in horseracing.Sure. And you don't even have to bet.Just write a book on how to make money in horse racing. :coffee: