PDA

View Full Version : In Defense Of Trump's Tweets

RunForTheRoses
07-08-2017, 05:38 PM
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/08/536125090/in-defense-of-trumps-tweets

Well, I mean, he is promoting an agenda on restoring legal immigration only and energy development, tax reform. That seems to poll pretty favorably with the American people. And yet the preponderance of a lot of his tweets are these ad hominem back and forth with individual media figures. And one would think that that would hurt those agendas, especially when there would be no need to get in these cul de sacs because there's public support for the agenda. But I say seemingly because every pundit who in the past has predicted that this was the road to perdition has been proven wrong.

Trump is a catalyst. I think he's a symptom of the times. I mean, we've got to remember that way, way back, Jonathan Chait wrote an article about Bush, said, why I hate George Bush. Or Howard Dean said, I hate all Republicans. So Trump is a fish that swims in an existing lake. He didn't create Steve Colbert. He didn't create Bill Maher. He didn't create Kathy Griffin. He didn't create Madonna. All of that assassination chic was there before we got here.

Tom
07-08-2017, 05:59 PM
No defense needed.
Those who are bothered by them are the problem.
On both sides.

It's a new world.

FantasticDan
07-08-2017, 06:08 PM
No defense needed. Those who are bothered by them are the problem. On both sides. It's a new world.
It's really not. It's a dumb shit-head posting dumb shit-head things, because he can't help himself. He's in very crowded company on Twitter.

Just because he's most comfortable in the sewer with the other troglodytes doesn't make it a "new world", it just further exposes him as the pathetic slug he actually is.

Tom
07-08-2017, 06:40 PM
See what I mean? :pound::pound::lol::pound::pound:

OntheRail
07-08-2017, 06:59 PM
It's really not. I'm a dumb shit-head posting dumb shit-head things, because I can't help myself . I'm in very crowded company on Twitter.

Just because I'm most comfortable in the sewer with the other troglodytes doesn't make it a "new world", it just further exposes me as the pathetic slug I actually am.
FTFU.....

Lemon Drop Husker
07-08-2017, 07:11 PM
It's really not. It's a dumb shit-head posting dumb shit-head things, because he can't help himself. He's in very crowded company on Twitter.

Just because he's most comfortable in the sewer with the other troglodytes doesn't make it a "new world", it just further exposes him as the pathetic slug he actually is.

Dan, have you purchased any firearms in the last several days, weeks, or months?

Nutz and Boltz
07-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Simply stated,Donald Trump is the President for the times .His election was a reflection of the way America is heading. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

fast4522
07-08-2017, 07:40 PM
In Defense Of Trump's Tweets. . .

Simply stated, Donald Trump is the President of these United States, and is turning the left's wet dream into an unbearable nightmare. A nightmare for many that will last the rest of some lifetimes, enjoy.

Clocker
07-08-2017, 07:58 PM
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/08/536125090/in-defense-of-trumps-tweets

Well, I mean, he is promoting an agenda on restoring legal immigration only and energy development, tax reform. That seems to poll pretty favorably with the American people. And yet the preponderance of a lot of his tweets are these ad hominem back and forth with individual media figures. And one would think that that would hurt those agendas, especially when there would be no need to get in these cul de sacs because there's public support for the agenda. But I say seemingly because every pundit who in the past has predicted that this was the road to perdition has been proven wrong.

Trump is a catalyst. I think he's a symptom of the times. I mean, we've got to remember that way, way back, Jonathan Chait wrote an article about Bush, said, why I hate George Bush. Or Howard Dean said, I hate all Republicans. So Trump is a fish that swims in an existing lake. He didn't create Steve Colbert. He didn't create Bill Maher. He didn't create Kathy Griffin. He didn't create Madonna. All of that assassination chic was there before we got here.

The words quoted above are those of a person being interviewed on NPR, Victor Davis Hanson. Hanson is a classical scholar, a prominent authority on military history, an insightful analyst of the world of politics and very much an advocate of personal rights and liberty. I would assume that the management of NPR would shudder at his opinions.

I don't think that he defends Trump's tweets, but explains them. He says that in the past, presidents like GWB ignored the media when it stooped to petty school yard personal attacks, feeling that it was beneath the office of the presidency.

Trump is a divisive character, and he feels that he's in a culture war. And he's going to fight back in this with the same methodology as those who attack him. And a lot of people, including myself and obviously you, as well, are not used to that because they feel that the president should sort of let water run off your back like a duck and not descend into that morass.He says that Trump is comfortable playing at that level. He has no reservations about getting down in the mud with folks like Joe and Mika. If mud slinging in the sand box is to your liking, Trump is your guy.

Tom
07-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I prefer that to just sitting back and letting left spread lie after lie.
Call them out, mock them, lie back at them.
It seems to be working.

People who are upset by his tweets - I am glad, because anyone THEY would accept as POTUS is obviously dirt, like Hillary.

Treat your garbage like garbage.

fast4522
07-08-2017, 08:07 PM
You folks need to view this one more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYydLBiTJ0

kingfin66
07-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Simply stated,Donald Trump is the President for the times .His election was a reflection of the way America is heading. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Sad, but unfortunately it is true.

RunForTheRoses
07-08-2017, 08:36 PM
The words quoted above are those of a person being interviewed on NPR, Victor Davis Hanson. Hanson is a classical scholar, a prominent authority on military history, an insightful analyst of the world of politics and very much an advocate of personal rights and liberty. I would assume that the management of NPR would shudder at his opinions.

I don't think that he defends Trump's tweets, but explains them. He says that in the past, presidents like GWB ignored the media when it stooped to petty school yard personal attacks, feeling that it was beneath the office of the presidency.

He says that Trump is comfortable playing at that level. He has no reservations about getting down in the mud with folks like Joe and Mika. If mud slinging in the sand box is to your liking, Trump is your guy.

Yes I do know who he is, classical scholar, Sacramento Valley...and he does defend Trump's tweets, this article was posted from NPR, I heard it while driving in my car today. He has other posts on National Review in a similar vein.

chadk66
07-09-2017, 11:45 AM
#MAGA. Let the snowflake melting continue.:pound:

ElKabong
07-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Dan, have you purchased any firearms in the last several days, weeks, or months?

Or, lost his job and living in his van...

Day by day his posts show extreme angst. He needs to get laid, or just live a life. See a lot of these snowflakes melting before our eyes, entertaining yet troubling.

Clocker
07-09-2017, 12:54 PM
I'm surprised that The Donald did not release a Tweet Storm about the moonbat meltdown over his speech in Poland, unless I missed it. Maybe he can't get MSNBC over there.

In that speech, Trump spent some time praising the achievements and benefits of modern Western Civilization. As any correctly thinking person knows, they explain, the term Western Civilization is offensive, racist, sexist, and xenophobic.

That is so because Western Civilization is largely the product of white, Christian males.

A writer in The Atlantic said: "The West is a racial and religious term. To be considered Western, a country must be largely Christian (preferably Protestant or Catholic) and largely white."

And in the Washington Post: “Trump’s white-nationalist dog whistles in Warsaw.”

More examples of such wisdom here:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/07/its-true-liberals-hate-western-civilization.php

I took a course called "Western Civilization" my freshman year in college. I image such a bigoted course would be banned today in any mainstream university.

chadk66
07-09-2017, 03:19 PM
These tweets are just driving the left wing media bananas. Well I guess that would be more bananas. More winning :lol:

Tom
07-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Where was the outrage over his meeting with the leader of the Nazis in the Fatherland? Or the riots in the streets by the modern day Brownshirts?

Remember, Germany has a history of being nothing short of animals.
Pitt Bulls or sheep.

We had too many bombs left over in 1945.

reckless
07-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Where was the outrage over his meeting with the leader of the Nazis in the Fatherland? Or the riots in the streets by the modern day Brownshirts?

Remember, Germany has a history of being nothing short of animals.
Pitt Bulls or sheep.

We had too many bombs left over in 1945.

The only good things about the Germans are they like pork, drink lots of beer and every generation or so kick the snot out of the French.