PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Millenials

Andy Asaro
07-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Pretty witty and you can't help but laugh. And the guy has a pretty good voice.

https://twitter.com/racetrackandy/status/883699467001536513

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Thanks. Should be the anthem for the 21st Century. Very entertaining.

thaskalos
07-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Can the "Millennials" possibly do worse than WE have done? We ain't passing to them much of a "torch"...:rolleyes:

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Can the "Millennials" possibly do worse than WE have done? We ain't passing to them much of a "torch"...:rolleyes:

That was true until President Trump took office. We are finally moving in the right direction.

chrisl
07-08-2017, 04:32 PM
If you need a torch...Make your own.. Make it bettor than the one "someone was supposed to hand you"? And get on with your bad self.

Tom
07-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Better to lite your own torch than curse the darkness? :cool:

thaskalos
07-08-2017, 05:20 PM
The singer in the video talked about the "torch" that we are passing on to the millennials. I was just repeating...

chrisl
07-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Bettor to read, than be read to....On a roll here Tom...LOL

thaskalos
07-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Better to lite your own torch than curse the darkness? :cool:

I do my best work in the DARK.

RunForTheRoses
07-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I don't agree with the Greatest Generation meme, if they were so great why are things imperfect now? Not that they were un great but just to think that way is silly. One generation is preceded and then followed by another.

That said it was an amusing song. A week or two ago there was a mid day rainstorm in Manhattan that caught people by surprise and me and a co-worker were looking out the window and saw a millennial caught in the rain without an umbrella, was quite a deluge, and she's taking a selfie. We were goofing on her that she'll be posting to social media O M G where did this rain come from?...I also can't stand the constant cellphone use even while doing something else important (I've seen non-millenials guilty of this also).

RunForTheRoses
07-08-2017, 06:01 PM
UH OH guess its open season on millenials:

https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/2838447499511624/

someone spiked my lunch with gluten :D

chrisl
07-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I guess I have been lucky. I have raised 4 great kids. They all have been raised in the Alaska school system. They have been attacking success like a bee on a honey hive. Hardworking, respectful, All of their friends are the same. They have told me about a growing wing, of their generation that expect things. And Morality is gone. Sad

Clocker
07-10-2017, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=RunForTheRoses;2193163]I don't agree with the Greatest Generation meme, if they were so great why are things imperfect now?[QUOTE]
It would be a sad commentary on the country if they were in fact the greatest generation, wouldn't it?

Imperfect? When were things ever perfect?

Things are imperfect now because while that generation didn't leave things perfect, they left a country that was in better shape than they found it. We certainly can't say the same for the Baby Boomers.

I would argue that the Baby Boomers squandered that inheritance, and that the millennials are going further down that same path. Maybe because their parents didn't raise them up right?