PDA

View Full Version : Pizzolla's Master Magician software wanted

MacTavish
07-07-2017, 09:59 AM
If you have Michael Pizzolla's "The Master Magician" software and wish to part with it, please send me a PM.

MacTavish

MacTavish
07-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Just wanted to say "thanks" for the response. It's up and running on a 32-bit OS in VirtualBox. While it may be 20 years old, it's a fine piece of programming. Very lean and fast, just a little awkward to use. You really need dual monitors. (Now for my next computer project, whatever that is.)

kingfin66
07-16-2017, 07:39 PM
You may want to contact Post Time to see if they will sell you a copy (assuming you have not already found mine). They have it available for download as they have made some coding changes to accommodate 64 bit requirements. It's got to be worth a shot. Otherwise eBay would be the place to go.

MacTavish
07-17-2017, 11:05 AM
You may want to contact Post Time to see if they will sell you a copy (assuming you have not already found mine). They have it available for download as they have made some coding changes to accommodate 64 bit requirements. It's got to be worth a shot. Otherwise eBay would be the place to go.

Thanks for the suggestion, kingfin66. This was primarily a computer project, i.e. to see if I could make an old program run on a new computer. (Having used Handicapping Magician though, I have noticed that his high-rated PPF horses with odds often fill out exotics. And as Jim Quinn might say, "That's nice to know.")

The copy I obtained did not come with documentation and there's a column of abbreviations that I have not been able to decode. It's the "Adv" or Advisory column and the abbreviations I've come across so far are:

First (first time starter, obviously)
A
D
L
S
T

There may be more, but my time using the program has been limited. Do you know what they mean?

shane
07-17-2017, 01:21 PM
It's been a few years, but I think it's
A Aberrant
D Distance
L Layoff
S Surface
T Turf lines

Shane

acorn54
07-17-2017, 01:50 PM
It's been a few years, but I think it's
A Aberrant
D Distance
L Layoff
S Surface
T Turf lines

Shane

i believe there's some confusion here. LASST is an acronym for last, aberrant , structure (distance),surface and trouble.
it is a guide in helping which pace line to use. maybe those letters for firsters may have a different meaning. just call posttime solutions and ask.

MacTavish
07-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Acorn, I took your advice and sent them an email. My experience with their customer service has been very satisfactory. (I was somewhat taken aback when I first sent Michael Pizzolla an email and promptly received a long, thoughtful response.)

Shane, thanks for your suggestions. My best guesses at this point are "S" means SNAIL, "A" means an Aberrant paceline that was excluded (aka a Brohamer "giraffe"), "T" means turf lines that are excluded when it's a dirt race. Beyond those, I enter into the realm of total speculation.

MacTavish
07-17-2017, 06:08 PM
All I had to do was ask.

acorn54
07-17-2017, 06:22 PM
All I had to do was ask.

yes they are top notch operation. awhile back i had black magic but has to make a decision between that software and the one i have been using, seemingly forever. (jcapper), only because it would double my expense for data.

enjoy your software, and if you haven't already, definitely go to youtube to listen and watch mike pizzolla, articulate his handicapping and wagering.

kingfin66
07-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Acorn, I took your advice and sent them an email. My experience with their customer service has been very satisfactory. (I was somewhat taken aback when I first sent Michael Pizzolla an email and promptly received a long, thoughtful response.)

Shane, thanks for your suggestions. My best guesses at this point are "S" means SNAIL, "A" means an Aberrant paceline that was excluded (aka a Brohamer "giraffe"), "T" means turf lines that are excluded when it's a dirt race. Beyond those, I enter into the realm of total speculation.

The info that shane provide is correct.