PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Meadow's

lamboguy
07-06-2017, 09:25 PM
tonight after 6 races so far, Karl Broberg has 4 wins and he just ran 1-2 in the 6th race. the other 2 races were won by Vilafranco.

this is very exciting racing.

Niko
07-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Racing at it's finest :puke:

thaskalos
07-06-2017, 09:47 PM
And Broberg has the 6/5 choice in the 7th...which rates 3rd-best, IMO.

Track Phantom
07-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Just coincidental

Lemon Drop Husker
07-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Racing at it's finest :puke:

$10 winner
$10 winner
$16 winner followed by
$5.60 winner with a 50/1 shot behind it in the G3 feature race

Likely still puking cuz you had none of it. :p

betovernetcapper
07-07-2017, 10:48 AM
$10 winner
$10 winner
$16 winner followed by
$5.60 winner with a 50/1 shot behind it in the G3 feature race

Likely still puking cuz you had none of it. :p

Why would he want to bet PRM, when he can bet class horses like Pakistani Star at HK. where instead of rushing to the wire, he takes the scenic route, sometimes even stopping for a minute or two to smell the roses. You uncultured Americans with your obsession with mere winning revolt me. :lol:

Niko
07-09-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm just jealous, wish I had the edge Vilafranco and some other 30-35% winning trainers have. He was cold for a while at OP but saw a couple horses pop again at the end of the meet running lights out, including a 15-1 winner that had a nice flash down to 10-1 on the tote board before going up again and running his best ever by far off the claim. At that time I figured he had found "how to train again". He then went to win 35% or so at MTH. Not bad.

If you've found a way to beat these trainers or profit consistently from them, that's terrific. Only thing I can do is watch how they're doing at the meet, if their horses are popping and how their runners are doing early in the card to see if they're sending that day. And then I still can't do it consistently - I'm not that smart, so now I'm just gambling but mostly :popcorn:

Have fun betting the Broberg and Vilafranco races. I see they're paying well.

Tom
07-09-2017, 08:57 PM
When you limit yourself to playing tainer, your options are limited,
When you play the horses, you can go to any track, any day.
Great 3 days of PM this week - far exceeded Belmont.

BrentT
07-09-2017, 11:19 PM
His day is coming like Rojas, i'm sure.
He's only had how many positives?

BrentT
07-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Why would he want to bet PRM, when he can bet class horses like Pakistani Star at HK. where instead of rushing to the wire, he takes the scenic route, sometimes even stopping for a minute or two to smell the roses. You uncultured Americans with your obsession with mere winning revolt me. :lol:

Plenty of value betting against Villafranco, Diodoro, & Broberg.
Why wouldnt you play tracks theydominate and run at

lamboguy
07-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Plenty of value betting against Villafranco, Diodoro, & Broberg.
Why wouldnt you play tracks theydominate and run atwhen i started this thread i didn't even think of the betting aspect involved although ultimately it is really what i am talking about.

its not so much that guys like Broberg win over a third of the time. its that he and other's dominate the condition book. it would mean that other trainers that run at his track have to wait for him to enter his 2 or 3 horses in the race otherwise the racing office won't let the race go. the racing secretary's all over are having trouble filling races. in many cases a certain condition might take 6 weeks to fill a race instead of the normal 17 days. many trainers cannot afford to run their horses once every 6 weeks, so eventually you are going to lose those trainers and their owners all together.

owners and bettors are one in the same when it comes to the business of running a race track. if you lose owners you lose them and their friends as bettors and find yourself in the mess the game is in right now.

Broberg and other trainers like him don't care how long he has to wait to run a horse because they have a big owner behind them that don't care. as long as they win. Broberg does a great job producing wins. his horses are not only spotted in the optimal condition, but also the best distance for the horse. if the horse isn't perfect for the race, he doesn't run, but usually his barn is so big he has something that will fit perfectly. when you have many options to pick from, it is less likely that the horse will make a mistake at the gate or the turn.

if by some chance Broberg is training a horse on a medication that has a certain threshold and tests for it and sees its above the legal limit, he would not enter the horse to run and wait till his horse is clean.

for this game to improve, you need someone smarter than myself to make new rules to prevent this quagmire that is going on now everywhere.

BrentT
07-10-2017, 02:41 AM
when i started this thread i didn't even think of the betting aspect involved although ultimately it is really what i am talking about.

its not so much that guys like Broberg win over a third of the time. its that he and other's dominate the condition book. it would mean that other trainers that run at his track have to wait for him to enter his 2 or 3 horses in the race otherwise the racing office won't let the race go. the racing secretary's all over are having trouble filling races. in many cases a certain condition might take 6 weeks to fill a race instead of the normal 17 days. many trainers cannot afford to run their horses once every 6 weeks, so eventually you are going to lose those trainers and their owners all together.

owners and bettors are one in the same when it comes to the business of running a race track. if you lose owners you lose them and their friends as bettors and find yourself in the mess the game is in right now.

Broberg and other trainers like him don't care how long he has to wait to run a horse because they have a big owner behind them that don't care. as long as they win. Broberg does a great job producing wins. his horses are not only spotted in the optimal condition, but also the best distance for the horse. if the horse isn't perfect for the race, he doesn't run, but usually his barn is so big he has something that will fit perfectly. when you have many options to pick from, it is less likely that the horse will make a mistake at the gate or the turn.

if by some chance Broberg is training a horse on a medication that has a certain threshold and tests for it and sees its above the legal limit, he would not enter the horse to run and wait till his horse is clean.

for this game to improve, you need someone smarter than myself to make new rules to prevent this quagmire that is going on now everywhere.

He doesn't have any big owners behind him, he himself is his biggest owner. He owns half or more of all his horses in training.

He doesn't like to wait to run either, you do see him running back in 4 days sometimes, it's nutz. His theory is, if thier sound they got to run. Insane.

Broberg does produce wins. Whether it's his vet or assistant doing the job, I'm not exactly sure yet.

You were right about one thing, for the most part he spots em well. That's not hard when you're claiming them for 20k and running back for 10k, or claiming for 10k and running back for 5k.

lamboguy
07-10-2017, 08:47 AM
He doesn't have any big owners behind him, he himself is his biggest owner. He owns half or more of all his horses in training.

He doesn't like to wait to run either, you do see him running back in 4 days sometimes, it's nutz. His theory is, if thier sound they got to run. Insane.

Broberg does produce wins. Whether it's his vet or assistant doing the job, I'm not exactly sure yet.

You were right about one thing, for the most part he spots em well. That's not hard when you're claiming them for 20k and running back for 10k, or claiming for 10k and running back for 5k.
he does string together wins, End Zone Athletics is the big owner. don't know who it is.

i am not saying he is doing anything wrong either. but he is winning at 40% and runs more than 1 horse in a race many times. he's been doing this for about 3 years now and hasn't gone broke, so i suspect he is making money doing what he is doing with his formula for winning. and i am not saying he is doing anything underhanded.

when your horse is involved in winning over 50% of the races you run in there is not that much left to go around to other's. that is a disaster for racing. i know it is, it got me out of the game now for the most part and i am probably going to give up betting on these things after this summer. i say when a person like me that has been doing this for over 40 years now is bored with the game, the game better make some changes and fast.

forced89
07-10-2017, 08:54 AM

Example, look at his winner in the 5th race. He claimed it for $8,000 at Churchill; ships it to PM; runs it for $7,500; wins and loses the horse. I assume we all agree that $8,000 at Churchill is way better than $7,500 at PM.

Subtract a month's expenses, the $500 lost on the cost of the horse, vet/blacksmith, etc, and the cost of shipping from the purse and it is obvious he did well on the transaction. This is something an owner/trainer with a big bankroll can do.

forced89
07-10-2017, 08:56 AM
he does string together wins, End Zone Athletics is the big owner. don't know who it is.

I think End Zone Athletics may be Broberg himself.

I just researched it via Google. End Zone Athletics is owned by Karl Broberg!!

BrentT
07-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Example, look at his winner in the 5th race. He claimed it for $8,000 at Churchill; ships it to PM; runs it for $7,500; wins and loses the horse. I assume we all agree that $8,000 at Churchill is way better than $7,500 at PM.

Subtract a month's expenses, the $500 lost on the cost of the horse, vet/blacksmith, etc, and the cost of shipping from the purse and it is obvious he did well on the transaction. This is something an owner/trainer with a big bankroll can do.

From an owners standpoint it's not profitable, if the horse doesnt win, 2nd or worse and you lose money. Now from Brobergs standpoint himself he's profitable here as the owner.

Example: Owner
Claimed for $8,000 = (6% Tax in KY) = $8,480
37 days of training = $65/day = $2,405
June Training bill = $110 (Farrier/Dental)
July Training Bill = $110 (Farrier/Dental)
Shipped from CD to Praire = $250 approx
Vet Raceday = $100 approx

You are NEGATIVE $11,455 on this horse before he enters the gate.

He wins, WONDERFUL news, and gets claimed:
Purse =$6,150
10% Jock = $615
10% Trainer = $615
You clear $4,920
Claimed for $7,500
Total = $12,420

12,420 - 11,455 = $965 PROFIT.
Do you think you can win first off the claim everytime, and hope for only a $965 profit as an owner?

** This is all hoping the horse needed no other vet work in that 37 days, if so you're most likely in the hole.

Now if Karl owns the horse himself and drops him which he does 95% of the time then his payout is entirely different. Probably more like this:

He has no day rate, less of a Dental/Farrier Bill, as hes making off this when he passes to the owner as well (Granted his is cheap), and he has less shipping bill most likely, as he's upcharging owners and his horses move cheaper.

So I'd say he has
Claimed for $8,000 + $480 = $8,480
37 days of training= $0 Day Rate
Farrier/Dental/Shipping = $200-$250
Vet Raceday = $100 (Same price)
Bedding = $100 approx
Groom 1 horse = $230 ((In house/Salary broken down. They rub 7 or 8 each, beyond nutz and slavery)
Exercise Riders = $250 (In house/Salary broken down)
Total = $9,385

He wins, WONDERFUL news, and gets claimed:
Purse =$6,150
10% Jock = $615
10% Trainer = $0
You clear $5,535
Claimed for $7,500
Total = $13,035

Karl clears - 13,035 - 9,385 = $3,650

It's feasable from his standpoint as an owner, but not from an actual owner that doesnt trains standpoint.

I actually forgot to add in $100 raceday charge from the trianer direct to the owner. It's a total BS charge as its for bute and vet raps. Max cost of $10 here. Just another way he robs you blindly. Theres no need for that, just raise your day rate $3 or $5 a day and be honest.

JohnGalt1
07-12-2017, 04:34 PM
I want to correct some posters. New betters may be confused by the incorrect track symbols.

PM is Portland Meadows.

Prairie Meadows is PrM.