PDA

View Full Version : Castellano on Big Handsome?

carterista
07-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Why do riders like Ortiz brothers and Castellano always find trouble trips on mounts other than Chad Brown's that always result in Chad Brown horse winning the race?

Andy Asaro
07-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Why do riders like Ortiz brothers and Castellano always find trouble trips on mounts other than Chad Brown's that always result in Chad Brown horse winning the race?

IMO It was a classic "how to lose" scenario. He had the speed to challenge for the lead or get the lead but he decided to take back. When he took back he ended up in a pocket he couldn't get out of because the jock outside him wouldn't let him. Still ran a great race but if you had to write a script for how he would lose that was it. And it sure seems like Rosario rides his ass off sometimes and other times not so much IMO

sour grapes
07-05-2017, 04:56 PM
big handsome lost by a nose,not like he was up the track.i wouldnt read anything into it as javier is probably the best jockey riding today and rides claimers just as good as stakes races with no integrity issues,maybe sour grapes on your part losing with a 3-5 shot.

carterista
07-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Sour grapes?

Watch June 22 BEL RACE 8 with Jose Ortiz riding the Motion's favorite MISS KATIE MAE and Castellano riding Chad Brown's horse LADY ALEXANDRA. What is Jose waiting for?

GMB@BP
07-05-2017, 09:13 PM

why would they do anything like that? The loss of money by a scandal like that outweighs just about anything that they could gain at this point.

Give me the guy who has no money to pull the funny stuff.

it was not a good ride, and I feel like he would have won the race as a horse who has the type of turn acceleration like him would have opened up on the other horse. I guess we see next time they meet.

Dahoss9698
07-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Sour grapes?

Watch June 22 BEL RACE 8 with Jose Ortiz riding the Motion's favorite MISS KATIE MAE and Castellano riding Chad Brown's horse LADY ALEXANDRA. What is Jose waiting for?

Have you watched the head on of this race?

carterista
07-06-2017, 09:10 AM
why would they do anything like that? The loss of money by a scandal like that outweighs just about anything that they could gain at this point.

Give me the guy who has no money to pull the funny stuff.

If your riding career depends on not alienating and keeping Chad Brown happy, as a jockey are you going to give your 100% riding for his competitors? Are you going to tell me that jocks don't think like that, in a sport that considers "wagered money" as all is fair in racing.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2017, 12:23 PM
If your riding career depends on not alienating and keeping Chad Brown happy, as a jockey are you going to give your 100% riding for his competitors? Are you going to tell me that jocks don't think like that, in a sport that considers "wagered money" as all is fair in racing.

So you think Castellano and the Ortiz brothers riding career is based on keeping Chad Brown happy? Interesting take.

Where does Rosario fit in? Does he ride that way also? He probably rides more for Brown than Jose.

Also, did you get a chance to watch the head on of the Miss Katie Mae race yet? It's weird, you ignored that question. Let me know if your opinion is the same after watching it.

camourous
07-06-2017, 01:32 PM
So you think Castellano and the Ortiz brothers riding career is based on keeping Chad Brown happy? Interesting take.

Where does Rosario fit in? Does he ride that way also? He probably rides more for Brown than Jose.

Also, did you get a chance to watch the head on of the Miss Katie Mae race yet? It's weird, you ignored that question. Let me know if your opinion is the same after watching it.

i watched the head on and it looked worse than the pan shot. A hole opened up and he waited and waited then got down to ride about 4 to 5 seconds after the hole opened up.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2017, 01:36 PM
i watched the head on and it looked worse than the pan shot. A hole opened up and he waited and waited then got down to ride about 4 to 5 seconds after the hole opened up.

Waited and waited 4 whole seconds? :lol:

I'm the farthest thing from a jockey apologist but come on. There's a difference between a mistake (Jose makes A LOT of them) and what you guys are suggesting.