PDA

View Full Version : upload wagers issue at Twinspires.

Poindexter
07-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Not sure how any people actually upoad wagers with Twinspires, but I do a lot because I have a lot of formulas(basically self made betting templates) I like to use for pick 4s, pick 5's, bets that require 12 or 20 or sometime even a lot more tickets. Also starting to bring in trifecta and superfecta formulas. Basically I save an excel spreadsheet into a csv file, and upload it at Twinspires. For the most part I have this down, but I have one issue that while not the end of the world is sort of a nuisance to deal with. When I upload the wagers I have a lot of extra data which creates bogus tickets-I just delete these so this specifically is not an issue. But on the correct tickets, I get a number of commas at the end of each one (maybe 7 or so). Not the end of the world, I just have to go into each ticket, delete out the commas and submit the wager, but obviously would rather not have to do this. Also I am working on some new formulas of over 100 tickets and not looking forward to deleting commas on that many tickets. Anybody have an idea why this is happening and if there is anything I can do to prevent these extra commas. Their technical support doesn't seem to have any idea. I am using excel 2007, not sure if that is playing a part or not.

AltonKelsey
07-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Post your output code. I'll look at (as will others ) and see what the issue is. I do stuff like this all the time.

Poindexter
07-05-2017, 07:59 PM
I am sort of computer illiterate. Not sure what you mean by output code but this is what one two of my tickets looks like:

wot,7/5/2017,RACE,p4,4,1/1+2/7/7+2+3+6+10,N,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wot,7/5/2017,RACE,p4,4,1/3+4+5+9/2+6+8/4,N,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I just have to go into the ticket delete everything after the N or after the last number on the ticket and it hit submit. It is accurate, it just adds all these commas, which obviously has to do with data I post in other parts of my spreadsheet. Also it is not reading my tickets in the order that my spreadsheet has them. Instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, it is reading tickets 3,6,4,2,1,5...which obviously doesn't matter to me.

If this isn't what you are looking for, what is output code?

AltonKelsey
07-05-2017, 08:36 PM
I see what your're doing.

If you can't code you have a problem, as the better way is to use VBA programming to create your upload file.

A quick test shows excel adds commas to match the widest row (most columns) , so all rows have the same number of entries, with data or 'blank'

Not a good way to save the text for upload

Poindexter
07-06-2017, 01:07 AM
I see what your're doing.

If you can't code you have a problem, as the better way is to use VBA programming to create your upload file.

A quick test shows excel adds commas to match the widest row (most columns) , so all rows have the same number of entries, with data or 'blank'

Not a good way to save the text for upload

I think you helped me here. Thank you. Below the intended output I was going many columns wide thinking that it wasn't an issue(thus the many commas). My initial thought was just to cut and paste the intended output to the end, but then I just ended up with commas in front instead of in back(same basic issue which makes sense given what you posted). Seems that the way it is if I keep the number of columns throughout the spreadsheet no greater than the number of columns used in the intended output I should have no issues. Just knowing this should make it easy to avoid this problem in the future.

JustRalph
07-06-2017, 02:56 AM
Great thread.......nice work!

AltonKelsey
07-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Yeah, been debugging stuff like that for 4 decades.

Glad to help