PDA

View Full Version : Amelia Earhart Japanese prisoner

JustRalph
07-05-2017, 01:36 PM
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/882567172152844288

Interesting

JustRalph
07-05-2017, 01:38 PM
The fact that you can watch video right inside the post is a very cool upgrade to the board......

👍

xtb
07-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Fits well with this story.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3153107/I-know-saw-saw-lady-Revealed-Pacific-islanders-insist-Amelia-Earhart-taken-prisoner-Japanese-crashing-remote-atoll.html

kingfin66
07-05-2017, 09:21 PM
I saw a documentary a couple of years ago that explored a few different theories, including the one that she landed and become a prisoner of the Japanese. That photo, if real, is big time evidence especially when taken with other evidence.

Parkview_Pirate
07-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Even if the photo is of Earhart and Noonan, I didn't see any reference to a time, date or location of the photo - which to me means it could have come at an earlier point in the trip.

The theory that Earhart was taken prisoner by the Japanese and that she was possibly on a spying mission has been around for a long time. But landing in the Marshall Islands, way off course, does NOT jive with the radio signals the U.S.S. Itasca received, which of course was near the intended destination of Howland Island. Nor does being captured by the Japanese explain over 50 other radio transmissions that were supposedly from Earhart after she would run out of fuel. Landing on or near Gardner (Nikumaruru) Island would explain the radio traffic, before and after running out of fuel.

I don't think we'll know until the plane is found.

Clocker
07-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Even if the photo is of Earhart and Noonan, I didn't see any reference to a time, date or location of the photo - which to me means it could have come at an earlier point in the trip.

This story indicates that the photo was taken at least 3 years after she disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4670468/Photo-showing-Amelia-Earhart-NOT-aviator.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4670468/Photo-showing-Amelia-Earhart-NOT-aviator.html)

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Those pictures are rather convincing.

OntheRail
07-08-2017, 07:18 PM
This story indicates that the photo was taken at least 3 years after she disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4670468/Photo-showing-Amelia-Earhart-NOT-aviator.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4670468/Photo-showing-Amelia-Earhart-NOT-aviator.html)

Or could it be it took awhile for the film to make it to photohut. Or it was mis-filed accidentally on propose. Either way it's still interesting.

Marshall Bennett
07-09-2017, 06:51 AM
It's so inconclusive. The photo could be of literally millions of other possibilities.

Tom
07-09-2017, 09:19 AM
2 hours show tonight on Discovery about it - 9:00.

barn32
07-09-2017, 09:40 AM
This "photo" is about as conclusive a piece of evidence as (my girl) Rachel Maddow's hysterical rantings about whatever "huge event, conspiracy theory" of the day she happens to dig up.

Therefore, if you belive this photo is real then you believe eveything Rachel Maddow says. Obviously.

Besides, everyone knows that Amelia Earhart's plane flew into a transdimensional time warp that transfixed her into the 21st century where she reemerged as Hillary Rodham Clinton. Fred Noonan became Fabio. (I read that in the Enquirer-the Great Orange-Haired One's favorite magazine.)

However, this "photograph" is enough "evidence" to foster a two hour special on the History channel airing tonight (Sunday) at 9:00 PM pacific time.

I think the photo will be revealed at about the 1:45 minute mark in the special, ala King Tut's Tomb, or Geraldo Rivera's "Al Capone's Vault" in the spirit of the great American Revealamentory, etc. (Al Capone's Vault was exciting though, wasn't it?)

Enjoy.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-09-2017, 11:08 AM
It's so inconclusive. The photo could be of literally millions of other possibilities.

I can't think of one. Fred Noonan's hairline is quite distinctive, and that is a white woman sitting on the pier in a place where white skinned people were not allowed. Her hair also looks like a possible match. The object being towed EXACTLY fitting the dimensions of her plane finishes the puzzle.

Finally, the locals at the time, did tell stories of the two of them being sent to prison in Saipan.

The only leap of faith is the experts who guarantee the photo was not doctored.

kingfin66
07-09-2017, 11:56 AM
This "photo" is about as conclusive a piece of evidence as (my girl) Rachel Maddow's hysterical rantings about whatever "huge event, conspiracy theory" of the day she happens to dig up.

Therefore, if you belive this photo is real then you believe eveything Rachel Maddow says. Obviously.

Besides, everyone knows that Amelia Earhart's plane flew into a transdimensional time warp that transfixed her into the 21st century where she reemerged as Hillary Rodham Clinton. Fred Noonan became Fabio. (I read that in the Enquirer-the Great Orange-Haired One's favorite magazine.)

However, this "photograph" is enough "evidence" to foster a two hour special on the History channel airing tonight (Sunday) at 9:00 PM pacific time.

I think the photo will be revealed at about the 1:45 minute mark in the special, ala King Tut's Tomb, or Geraldo Rivera's "Al Capone's Vault" in the spirit of the great American Revealamentory, etc. (Al Capone's Vault was exciting though, wasn't it?)

Enjoy.

So don't watch it. Or watch it. It's your choice.

Why do petty political statements have to find their way into seemingly every thread on Pace Advantage. Can't you give a rest every once in a great while?

Tom
07-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Kingfin...+1

My mistake earlier, it is the History Channel, not Discovery.
I tuned in to the Discovery earlier to make sure of the time and Naked and Afraid was on.

My first thought was Hey, Amelia!

barn32
07-09-2017, 07:30 PM
So don't watch it. Or watch it. It's your choice.

Why do petty political statements have to find their way into seemingly every thread on Pace Advantage. Can't you give a rest every once in a great while?

Kingfin...+1

"Irony is wasted on the stupid."
—Oscar wilde

incoming
07-09-2017, 07:59 PM
"Irony is wasted on the stupid."
—Oscar wilde

SHHHH!!!! The documentary is about to start!!

OntheRail
07-09-2017, 09:56 PM
:popcorn:

OntheRail
07-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Very compelling evidence... the photo seems to link eyewitness accounts. Also the video of her climbing out the top of the plane seems to match up very well body wise with the DOCK image. The 68 digs bones came back as caucasian female right age...

I believe the image was her and Fred.

barn32
07-11-2017, 05:25 AM
Very compelling evidence...Let's see where this goes.

https://twitter.com/BrianDunning/status/884454533300076544

https://twitter.com/MsSamAdams/status/884438237602828289

tucker6
07-11-2017, 06:50 AM
I once spent an hour of my life watching a program with proof that the whole Apollo moon landing stuff was faked, etc. I didn't believe that either.

Marshall Bennett
07-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Oliver Stone made a movie on JFK that was based largely on bullshit. People flocked to that also. Anything the public will buy is fair game.
Sandy Hook and Challenger never happened either. The list is long.

OntheRail
07-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Zoomed in on it... odd the text looks pixulated... stain to right seems to goes under image and imbossed seal does not carry thru onto it either. And why are the page numbered not also Japanese. Crafty bit of photo shop.... ?

JustRalph
07-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Zoomed in on it... odd the text looks pixulated... stain to right seems to goes under image and imbossed seal does not carry thru onto it either. And why are the page numbered not also Japanese. Crafty bit of photo shop.... ?

Hearing this on twitter too. Gotta admit, it comes down to when that photo was really taken

Nutz and Boltz
07-11-2017, 09:01 PM
There's Fake News all over the damned place !:lol:

Parkview_Pirate
07-11-2017, 10:26 PM
This article indicates the photo was taken in 1935.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4686612/Question-raised-timeline-Amelia-Earhart-documentary.html

The history blogger has posted the same photograph that formed the backbone of a History channel documentary that aired on Sunday that argued that Earhart was alive in July 1937 - but the book the photo was in was apparently published two years before the famed aviator disappeared.

A photo of a book page allegedly shows the image in a collection published in 1935, Masaaki Nishino 'The Beauty of the Sea My Beautiful Line of the South Sea'.

The History channel is looking into the matter but stands behind its documentary.

Looks like the History Channel needs to do better work on reporting, err, history....

reckless
07-12-2017, 03:47 PM
This article indicates the photo was taken in 1935.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4686612/Question-raised-timeline-Amelia-Earhart-documentary.html

Looks like the History Channel needs to do better work on reporting, err, history....

The popular media is at it again, making another counterfeit claim presented as fact.

Parkview_Pirate
07-12-2017, 08:00 PM
The popular media is at it again, making another counterfeit claim presented as fact.

While the mainstream media is definitely on the payroll of those who want a specific slant on economic and political issues, this "story" of Earhart simply strikes me as an instance in the drop of the quality of reporting. Reductions in staff, pay cuts for the "talent" that remains, and poor schooling are taking their toll.

Kinda like companies cutting back on quality ingredients in food products, or reducing the weight or volume of a product in a similar sized package, and charging the same price - it's all part of the decline. And part of that decline involves rehashing entertainment's old "favorites" with new angles, even if it's totally made up. "Eyes and clicks" is what it's all about these days.

reckless
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM
So true to what you say, Parkview. To me, there's no real excuse for poor quality or zero quality in any project or product. But companies get away with a lot of crap and the general public OKs it by supporting it.

davew
07-13-2017, 12:53 AM
I just watched it - they make a compelling case, with depth from observers around the world. Would the government keep this information from US citizens to protect the secret of breaking the Japanese naval codes?

Parkview_Pirate
07-13-2017, 09:03 AM
I just watched it - they make a compelling case, with depth from observers around the world. Would the government keep this information from US citizens to protect the secret of breaking the Japanese naval codes?

They make a compelling case using a photo from a Japanese picture book published in 1935? Are any of the eyewitnesses, notoriously poor sources for investigations, former Japanese military and not civilians?

As for the American government maintaining secrets about breaking Japanese naval codes, the information about the attacks on Pearl Harbor and Midway (water shortage at site AF!) has been out for years. If Earhart and Noonan had been captured by the Japanese, it's hard to believe that there would be no records of this AND no eyewitnesses that would have come forward. Possible, I suppose, but hard to believe.

It just goes to show the power of a slickly produced piece of media can have, when not all the facts are readily available. Unfortunately, all of us have this challenge today, at least when the story comes out of DC....

tucker6
07-13-2017, 10:25 AM
They make a compelling case using a photo from a Japanese picture book published in 1935? Are any of the eyewitnesses, notoriously poor sources for investigations, former Japanese military and not civilians?

As for the American government maintaining secrets about breaking Japanese naval codes, the information about the attacks on Pearl Harbor and Midway (water shortage at site AF!) has been out for years. If Earhart and Noonan had been captured by the Japanese, it's hard to believe that there would be no records of this AND no eyewitnesses that would have come forward. Possible, I suppose, but hard to believe.

It just goes to show the power of a slickly produced piece of media can have, when not all the facts are readily available. Unfortunately, all of us have this challenge today, at least when the story comes out of DC....
Ever wonder why pictures of Sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster are grainy? Ever wonder why UFO sightings are mostly by drunks and mentally ill people? Ever wonder why these stories come up long after everyone alive at the time has died and not before then? :rolleyes:

davew
07-13-2017, 04:34 PM

you must not have seen it. the picture was about 2x3 feet and not from a book but an original, they did interview eyewitnesses from Marshall Islands and Saipan - not military but repressed locals.

_______
07-13-2017, 04:41 PM
you must not have seen it. the picture was about 2x3 feet and not from a book but an original, they did interview eyewitnesses from Marshall Islands and Saipan - not military but repressed locals.

If the identical picture was in a book published 2 years before the disappearance, does size actually matter?

You might be missing the larger point.

barn32
07-13-2017, 07:22 PM
Ever wonder why pictures of Sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster are grainy? Ever wonder why UFO sightings are mostly by drunks and mentally ill people? Ever wonder why these stories come up long after everyone alive at the time has died and not before then? :rolleyes:I have personally seen the space monkeys from my trailer. Admittedly it was after I had a couple of beers, but my neighbor, Spudnick, saw them too.

Ever since then I've been able to predict rain three days in advance and Spuddy can start his car without a key.

davew
07-13-2017, 10:23 PM
If the identical picture was in a book published 2 years before the disappearance, does size actually matter?

You might be missing the larger point.

Have you seen this book and can you read Japanese, Chamarro or tagalog ? maybe you are too trusting and do not know the larger point. Even without that picture, there is quite a good argument with the evidence they have shown.

barn32
07-14-2017, 12:22 AM
Even without that picture, there is quite a good argument with the evidence they have shown.The photograph is everything. There would have been no show without it. Prove the Japanese photo is fake and you have a point.

If the Japanese photo is real no amount of evidence can prove what the History channel is positing two years after the fact.

Fager Fan
07-14-2017, 08:37 AM

I haven't seen the special but I did see the photo the show presented. It was cropped of the people on the dock. The photo shown in the book showed a much larger scene, so how could the cropped photo be the original? If it's 3 feet big, how can it be the original?

barn32
07-14-2017, 11:40 AM
There are two other things about this "photo" that I haven't seen mentioned.

1. Where are the Japanese soldiers guarding their highly valued prisoners? I don't see one uniformed soldier in the photo, but I do see a handful of what looks like native islanders.

2. Can we be certain that it is a plane behind the ship? It's very fuzzy, and could probably be a lot of things.

OntheRail
07-14-2017, 12:24 PM
I haven't seen the special but I did see the photo the show presented. It was cropped of the people on the dock. The photo shown in the book showed a much larger scene, so how could the cropped photo be the original? If it's 3 feet big, how can it be the original?

They showed the entire photo not just a crop.

OntheRail
07-14-2017, 12:40 PM
There are two other things about this "photo" that I haven't seen mentioned.

1. Where are the Japanese soldiers guarding their highly valued prisoners? I don't see one uniformed soldier in the photo, but I do see a handful of what looks like native islanders.

2. Can we be certain that it is a plane behind the ship? It's very fuzzy, and could probably be a lot of things.

They are in the middle of nowhere on a tiny island. Beyond that it could be that at that point in time they had not " Captured " them... maybe that decision had not been made. Maybe they found a camera and other thing after the Top Tojo searched the plane.... radioed Brass in Japan and waited for reply to " Capture " them.

Maybe they treated them like rescued people all the way to Saipan... easier to control calm people.

Just Saying...