PDA

View Full Version : Friday’s at Woodbine

HoofedInTheChest
07-03-2017, 03:06 AM
Just a heads up, Woodbine will be changing their start times to 3:45pm EST on Friday’s, starting this week. This will continue for the rest of the season.

Hopefully we will get more than 8 races on Friday’s.

This is a smart move on their part, most people work and can’t play the track on Friday’s, so this should help increase the handle a little bit. 6pm would have been optimal, but i like the change just the same.

Now, if they could just get the race timing straightened out i would be really happy, the turf timing is a clown show.

It’s official, the inner limestone track that the trotters use will be converted to an inner-turf course starting in 2019.

Jack950
07-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Thx for the info. Like Woodbine.

Tom
07-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Still planning on running Wednesday evenings?

I used to take a mini-vacation in July to hit a night card.
Stayed at the hotel right next to the track, always on the 6th floor facing the track - you can look out the window and watch the workouts in the morning. Great little place down the street a few blocks - best steak sandwich in the world there.

And....TF figs do very well at WO.

HoofedInTheChest
07-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Still planning on running Wednesday evenings?

And....TF figs do very well at WO.
Yes, they will continue Wednesday evenings at the normal time. The only time you won’t get Wednesday night racing is after a long weekend because of the holiday Monday card.

I was curious, does cj still sell his figures outside of TFUS?

Tom
07-03-2017, 01:40 PM
No, just TF/DRF now.

And boy, do I miss the old program with the "sheets" format for the figs!