PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Cheating

whodoyoulike
06-29-2017, 06:51 PM
I guess if money is involved we'll always find these types. Whether it's the Lottery or Penn National. Maybe we should just forgive and forget. If I was shallow, I'd convict him on his looks but I'm not shallow.

http://start.att.net/news/read/article/the_associated_press-mastermind_of_lottery_fraud_admits_he_rigged_jackp-ap

...Eddie Tipton, who worked for the Multi-State Lottery Association from 2003 until 2015 and was its computer information security director for his last two years there, appeared in a Des Moines courtroom, where he pleaded guilty to one count of ongoing criminal conduct and publicly acknowledged his lead role in the scheme for the first time.

"I wrote software that included code that allowed me to understand or technically predict winning numbers, and I gave those numbers to other individuals who then won the lottery and shared the winnings with me," Tipton said when asked by Judge Brad McCall to explain what he did. ....

Tipton, a 53-year-old former Texas magistrate judge and a law enforcement officer, said he's now unemployed and must sell part of his farm to pay the $800,000 in restitution that the judge ordered.

"That is financially effectively going to more than wipe him out," said his attorney, Mark Weinhardt. "Mr. Eddie Tipton does not have the resources to satisfy restitution in any meaningful degree. Mr. Tommy Tipton does and this will effectively take all of his assets." ...

lamboguy
06-29-2017, 07:22 PM
the state of massachusetts has been doing the 4 digit numbers game for the last 30 years. in those 30 there has never been one night that someone has not hit the 4 digit number. to put things into perspective, i knew the largest number bookie in the United States. his name was Doc Sagansky. he used to book 10 times more in numbers than the state of mass. he told me that there were sometimes 3 or 4 weeks that went bye that he didn't get hit on a 4 digit. i used to tell him that the number players that bet with the state were a lot smarter than the ones he had. he laughed.

Jess Hawsen Arown
06-29-2017, 10:52 PM
I guess if money is involved we'll always find these types. Whether it's the Lottery or Penn National. Maybe we should just forgive and forget. If I was shallow, I'd convict him on his looks but I'm not shallow.

http://start.att.net/news/read/article/the_associated_press-mastermind_of_lottery_fraud_admits_he_rigged_jackp-ap

There are actually people who think online poker is honest. As an experienced programmer, I know how easy it is to fix games. To beat the cheaters, somebody WHO ACTUALLY CARES, has to go in and examine the code.

There is no such person who wants to interrupt the gravy train.

davew
06-29-2017, 11:07 PM
There are actually people who think online poker is honest. As an experienced programmer, I know how easy it is to fix games. To beat the cheaters, somebody WHO ACTUALLY CARES, has to go in and examine the code.

There is no such person who wants to interrupt the gravy train.

It is not only the program, there are also players that have become good at inserting Trojans into their opponents computers. Poker is so much easier when you can see your opponents' cards.

I still am in shock that finding and exploiting an edge on any gambling game could be 'illegal'.