PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Thursday, June 29

Teach
06-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Race One:

16k Claiming Route, n2L.

I believe the winner comes from one of three horses: :1: SNOWFLY, :4: SUPER PSYCHE, and :5: AUGIE’S COMING. :1: SNOWFLY is a plodder. He broke his maiden last fall at Aqueduct in a 40k claimer. Yet, he’s only one for 16, lifetime. He’s gone about as low as he can go. If he can’t win here… Yet, he will get the distance. Can he garner the win? :4: SUPER PSYCHE is a horse who has a penchant for hitting the board…But also…not winning. His only win came at Aqueduct earlier in the year. Yet, he fits well in this company. Add the services of Jose Ortiz. Voila! Finally, :5: AUGIE’S COMING. He is what I call: “the best man” type. He settles (finishes) second, but he’s rarely the bridegroom (I know, only seven starts). I’m a wee bit nervous about horses that have “seconditis”. His trainer, Rudy Rodriguez, does exceptionally well: First off a claim (from a very large sampling). Whom you chose to complete a super is your call. I’m not enamored with the 6.

Race Two:

40k MC Turf Route.

The horses I’m not enamored with are: #s 1, 2, 4, and 7. That leaves us with - in my estimation - five possibilities. In numerical post-position order: :3: GRANDE BESO. Closing in his last in this company. Yet, I’m thinking more in terms of a minor award. :5: EMILIANO’S HOPE drops out of MSW ranks and in for “a tag” (One of the biggest drops in racing: Anthony “The Big A” Stabile. Worthy of consideration. :6: PRIMA ATTRICE. There are gate issues (off slow). Will that compromise her chances? :8: LOVELY LIVIA could be a surprise factor. Would not overlook. Check the tote. Well bet in only race. Looks like she wants to go longer. Gets her chance. :9: GRAND BANK’s only board-hitter was on the main in a race taken off the turf. Yet, she’s definitely faced better. Now, back in “the selling ranks”. This would appear – if there ever were one – “the spot”. Jose Ortiz in the irons for David Donk.

Race Three:

MSW 2 year filly sprint.

:6: HISTORY SUPREME is a highly-priced Speightstown-bred. I like the morning work-tab. Yet, will she come directly out of the gate and into contention or take a right turn toward the Belmont Park Road and sport the field three or four lengths. At 5 and ½ panels that a “no-no”. Yet, I like the breeding. I like the trainer. And I like the jockey. Kiaran does very well with horses entered in MSWs. Others: :5:, :1:, :2:

Race Four:

7 Panels 25k MC.

The numbers I like are: #s :2:, :6:, :7:, :4:
At seven panels I like horses that have run routes (7 furlongs is in “nowhere land” between a sprint and a route. :2: FULLBACK FOYE has done just that. I know. I find it hard to recommend, too. A gelding that’s had one third-place finish in 11 tries. Yet, I see this as a non-descript field. If you’re playing the Pick-6, I believe you need to “buy insurance” (the last thing you want is to get stopped out in the first leg). The other “logicals: I’ve mentioned are: :6:, :7:, :4:

Race Five:

6 Furlongs Allowance Turf Sprint.

:5: PORTRANDO gets the nod as my pick in what I see as a highly competitive turf sprint. Luis Saez is one of the best when it comes to rating horses and rationing out their speed. He won last time with this Bertrando-bred; I believe he can do it, again. The one-panel cut-back should help. If you’re looking for others, there are, in my estimation, a slew: #s :3:, :2:, :1:. I believe a potential “sleeper” here is the :10:.

Race Six:

7-Panels 40k MC State-breds

:4: JANNEYDANCER is my off-the-wall pick in another race that I see having many possible “players” (frankly, I don’t see any “stick-outs”). Yes, this filly has been away for more than one year. Yet, the morning work-tab has been decent. In her only race on the lawn down in Florida at 7 and ½ panels, she finished 4th, only one and one-half lengths off the winner. If she’s reasonably ready? Others: :8:, :7:, :2:. :9: is possible, yet I’m not enamored.

Race Seven:

6 Panels Allowance Sprint.

:4: TAKAFUL is my pick. Yet, quite frankly, the “mystery” horse. Which Takaful do we get? The one that romped in a maiden-breaking sprint last October, or the one that has finished up the track in graded stakes? If we get the former, it’ll be Katy-Bar-The-Door, if we get the later…? I’m looking at the glass of water as half-full. I believe that Kiaran has this colt ready to resume his winning ways. Others: :5:, :7:, :3:.

Race Eight:

Turf Allowance Route.

My pick here is :5: SPIGA. This Irish-bred finished third against similar company at Keeneland in mid-April. Prior to that this chestnut filly was racing across “The Pond” in France. Since her last pari-mutuel start, this filly’s morning work-tab has been good. Her trainer, Monsieur Christophe Clement, does well both with shippers and horses that have been away from the races. Joel Rosario is in the irons. Others: :3:, :4:, :6:.

Race Nine:

25k Claiming state-bred turf route

:3: WITH EXULTATION ships in from GP where this chestnut gelding finished 6th, yet only one length and one-quarter off the winner. This gelding now picks up the services of Jose Ortiz. This Cozzene-bred has hit the tote in five out of ten tries at Belmont. Others: :5:. :9:, :1:/:1a:.

lamboguy
06-29-2017, 12:54 PM
i am looking at race #3------i like the preparation for #5 RADIANT BEAUTY.....looks like nice steady works going back to May.

i also agree with the above poster in race #7 #4 TAKAFUL