PDA

View Full Version : Ten Commandments Destroyed

ReplayRandall
06-28-2017, 09:00 PM
It takes a certain mentality to destroy something that should be revered, instead of hated, not once but twice.

A man yelled "Freedom!" as he crashed his vehicle into Arkansas' new Ten Commandments monument early Wednesday, nearly three years after he was arrested in the destruction of Oklahoma's monument at its state Capitol, authorities said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arkansas-ten-commandments-monument-capitol-destroyed-48322667

thaskalos
06-28-2017, 09:05 PM
What sort of "Freedom" was this man declaring?

ReplayRandall
06-28-2017, 09:25 PM

The Freedom to be uncivilized, but there are consequences to be had for wanting THAT kind of free will.:rant:

Jess Hawsen Arown
06-29-2017, 10:56 PM
We already lost 5 of the original 15 when Moses dropped one of the tablets. Mel Brooks PROVED it in his movie.

boxcar
06-30-2017, 03:08 PM

Freedom from God's law.

whisperlunch
06-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Ten Commandments obsolete. They were mosaic law for Jews. Jesus died for our sins and made them obsolete. Think about how impossible the commandments are to obey.

therussmeister
06-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Freedom from God's law.

By all accounts I've read the man thinks himself a Christian. Also others think him insane.

barahona44
06-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Ten Commandments obsolete. They were mosaic law for Jews. Jesus died for our sins and made them obsolete. Think about how impossible the commandments are to obey.

Let's see, so far I haven't committed murder or adultery, coveted my neighbor's wife or house, bore false witness against my neighbor or worshipped any false idols.

5 out of 10 ain't bad.:)

MONEY
06-30-2017, 07:07 PM
Moses also destroyed the Ten Commandments.

https://youtu.be/Id6oS3L-D9A

MutuelClerk
07-01-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm sure they'll throw the book at him.

And by book.

I mean bible.

Tom
07-01-2017, 10:34 AM

Freedom from self-control and intelligence.
Bash him over the head with a stone tablet for his punishment.
10 times.

Tom
07-01-2017, 10:35 AM

Never had a problem with any of them.
Which ones are you having trouble with?

boxcar
07-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Obsolete? How can the Law of Moses be obsolete when the two greatest commandments that sum up THAT law hang upon that Law and the Prophets?

And if you think the 10 Commandments were impossible to obey, how much more difficult is it to keep the two greatest commandments?

boxcar
07-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Moses also destroyed the Ten Commandments.

And God replaced those tablets with the same commandments.

zico20
07-01-2017, 02:45 PM
"I wonder what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had to run them through the US Congress." Ronald Reagan

I would venture to guess they would have looked drastically different. :D

ElKabong
07-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Let's see, so far I haven't committed murder or adultery, coveted my neighbor's wife.....)

If you lived in my neighborhood you'd have coveted many neighbors wives.... just sayin

Inner Dirt
07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Let's see, so far I haven't committed murder or adultery, coveted my neighbor's wife

If you lived in my neighborhood you'd have coveted many neighbors wives.... just sayin

I would need the official definition of coveting to see if I passed that one or not. An example, lived on a golf course a couple decades ago, there were short 4 foot tall fences between the properties. One day neighbor's wife walks over to the side yard fence and says "Hey Bob come here." I thought she was overly friendly and nothing more. I walk over to the fence and she is wearing small bikini bottoms and no top asking if I want to rub suntan lotion on her. I said that would not be a good idea. I was single, she wasn't and I took a real long look before turning her down and wished she was single. Is that coveting?

barahona44
07-01-2017, 06:36 PM
I would need the official definition of coveting to see if I passed that one or not. An example, lived on a golf course a couple decades ago, there were short 4 foot tall fences between the properties. One day neighbor's wife walks over to the side yard fence and says "Hey Bob come here." I thought she was overly friendly and nothing more. I walk over to the fence and she is wearing small bikini bottoms and no top asking if I want to rub suntan lotion on her. I said that would not be a good idea. I was single, she wasn't and I took a real long look before turning her down and wished she was single. Is that coveting?

Well, she was definitely coveting YOU.

You stud. :cool: :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
07-01-2017, 11:41 PM
I walk over to the fence and she is wearing small bikini bottoms and no top asking if I want to rub suntan lotion on her. I said that would not be a good idea. I was single, she wasn't and I took a real long look before turning her down and wished she was single. Is that coveting?

No, that would be "chalk" :cool:

Clocker
07-02-2017, 12:24 AM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/60578427.jpg

proximity
07-03-2017, 12:13 AM

well, you did take a real long look but I think our average paceadvantage member would've cleared that fence faster and smoother than jay trump, so probably not... :D

Actor
07-03-2017, 01:48 AM
Never had a problem with any of them.
Which ones are you having trouble with?The first four. #3 in particular.

Also #10. If everyone obeyed that one then the economy would go to hell.